Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,411 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! - Jobs/Vacancies (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! (310230 Views)

Lady Writes To Her “Brutal” Employer Shortly After Securing The Job (Photo) / "N300k Job Or I Won't Work" - Slay Queen, Chinny Okekki (Photos) / Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (339) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Jamex4191(m): 5:52pm On May 02, 2020
Daniel call me I have a good news for you 07066193253
Nenyezz:
They are not hiring now till around August. try by then
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Samuelsegzy(m): 6:40pm On May 02, 2020
Jamex4191:
Daniel call me I have a good news for you 07066193253

Hmmmmm
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by quasarJose: 8:50pm On May 02, 2020
Good evening guys. I am Peterjosh. Had to change my handle for some personal reasons.

I need to update you guys on some developments.

I don't know if your tool will get to this stage but from my end, things have been suspended. There has been a paucity of questions on the tool for some two weeks. This led to the suspension of the tool temporarily till July, with some uncertainty.

Brainly had big plans for April according to their timeline and newsletter for this year. April should have heralded in better stuffs for everyone but corona jilted everything.

This will not likely affect your contract with them. They won't go through the hassle of having to hire new tutors and having to track their ratings from time to time.

In my moderator's own words:
[b]I come to you with some long overdue updates. As you’ve all noticed, the number of questions has been declining in the past couple of months and there is a reason for that. Unfortunately, due to the current situation, we are forced to put on hold some of our processes, and this team is one of them. We just received the directives so I apologize for not being able to be more straightforward with you before.
To all of you - the ones who have just started working with us, the ones who’ve been here for a while, and the ones who’ve been here for years, I want to apologize for bringing this bad news so abruptly. As of May 1 (tomorrow), there will be no more questions in the tool… indefinitely. I can tell you with certainty that there will be no answering during May and June. Since we will be starting new projects, there might be work as of July, but I honestly cannot promise you that at this point.
This means that this is the last day of answering and that next week, I’ll release your final payments until this answering team is brought back. I know this must be very surprising to some of you (and expected to the rest of you) but do trust me we did everything in our power to keep this team… unfortunately, it was out of our hands as this year has been tough on all of us.
I know that many of you have been doing this full time to support your families so I wish I could have given you more time to prepare; however, the nature of a freelancer’s job is rarely reliable so this was always a risk. Since I cannot tell you when exactly there will be more work again (as of July, or later), I would like to ask you to contact me in private messages and let me know if you’d like to stay here on Slack so I can contact you when we can offer you work again or if you’d like us to stop our cooperation and close the contract.
Again, from the bottom of my heart, I apologize and wish things were different but unfortunately, it’s beyond my control. If you want to contact me, I’m here. I wanted to thank you for working with us all this time and I hope we’ll get to work together again soon![/b]
I don't know if this scarcity will reach your end, but brace up. These are truly uncertain times.

Also, there is too much bile on this thread. It shouldn't be so. If you have issues with anyone, why not cordially address it and move on. Let us try to refrain from the name calling and toxicity. It's very scary.
There is nothing anyone can say that can undermine the selflessness of the OP and the bigwigs trying to help out. They deserve utmost respect.

Well done guys, let's hope for better days ahead.

9 Likes

Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Starry321: 9:04pm On May 02, 2020
Wow @Quasarjose. It was only a matter of time. The most important thing is that they do not cancel the contract. Let's keep praying that this covid 19 issue comes to an end soon. There have been few questions on the CT for two days straight. I don't know what to expect again. Even the number of questions I answer weekly have been coming out reduced in the weekly report. Make we dey see Sha

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by quasarJose: 9:05pm On May 02, 2020
Starry321:
Wow @Quasarjose. It was only a matter of time. The most important thing is that they do not cancel the contract. Let's keep praying that this covid 19 issue comes to an end soon. There have been few questions on the CT for two days straight. I don't know what to expect again. Even the number of questions I answer weekly have been coming out reduced in the weekly report. Make we dey see Sha

Thank you.

Just keep the hope high.

1 Like

Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Davland(m): 9:23pm On May 02, 2020
Thanks @Quasarjose

At least,it won't come as a surprise anymore but..

Hoping for the best sa.
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by TheBlessedHero: 9:26pm On May 02, 2020
mehn! another one, eleyi gidi gan...
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 02, 2020
Cakephp:

What were you doing on a betting thread
Same thing you do night and day on ashawo thread.
I have given you new meaning for life. Now follow me night and day like the diseased dog you are
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by TheBlessedHero: 9:34pm On May 02, 2020
@quasarJose, is it all of you on that platform they suspend now? have they suspended some tutors among you before now? if you could estimate, how many do you think, you guys are, on that platform?
what is the total questions you guys have been having in your CT, since the last two weeks?
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by quasarJose: 9:55pm On May 02, 2020
TheBlessedHero:
@quasarJose, is it all of you on that platform they suspend now? have they suspended some tutors among you before now? if you could estimate, how many do you think, you guys are, on that platform?
what is the total questions you guys have been having in your CT, since the last two weeks?

---It is all of us.

----We are 98( bear in mind, just 4 Nigerians, the rest are foreigners)

----Number of questions has been about 120 for each day since like two weeks. Most of those questions are always repeated, broken and unsolvable.
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 02, 2020
crownedrookie:

Same thing you do night and day on ashawo thread.
I have given you new meaning for life. Now follow me night and day like the diseased dog you are
Lol this brothel patronizer AKA ashawo man.

I thought corana virus has deleted this misery.
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 02, 2020
quasarJose:

---It is all of us.

----Number of questions has been about 120 for each day since like two weeks. Most of those questions are always repeated, broken and unsolvable.

Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by TheBlessedHero: 10:24pm On May 02, 2020
quasarJose:

---It is all of us.

Argh!!! Nkan Nbe... (kola Olawuyi)

Even Access Bank don dey drop staff and branches nau...

All I know is that, when this pandemic is over, a lot of tables will turn: some people will find themselves at the other end of the divide. New opportunities will come, old ones will die... hmmmmm...
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Omoba7(m): 10:32pm On May 02, 2020
Cakephp:

The reverse is the case on LatinHire UK group. They scrapped out some tutors and increased number of questions on the content tool, they need to give explanations. They've got to make a statement!

Gee, I doubt if you know what you're talking about. Firstly, it's LatinHire "US" group. The number of questions has drastically reduced for some days now.
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by quasarJose: 10:36pm On May 02, 2020
TheBlessedHero:

All I know is that, when this pandemic is over, a lot of tables will turn: some people will find themselves at the other end of the divide. New opportunities will come, old ones will die... hmmmmm...

Lol Rip Kola or is he still alive?

Yeah. I guess so.

I am not suggesting there might be a looming furlough in your own group. Our answering feeds are very different.

Just be hopeful things pick up again.

So do not fret.
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by quasarJose: 10:46pm On May 02, 2020
Cakephp:

The reverse is the case on LatinHire UK group. They scrapped out some tutors and increased number of questions on the content tool, they need to give explanations. They've got to make a statement!

One thing I am 100% sure is that brainly loves a feed that is totally clean everyday.
Those questions you see are ranked based on the traffic they have amassed and they need salvaging.

Laying off tutors and increasing number of questions must have been their wisest decision. I hope the number of questions you are talking about isn't those" 3000" stuffs. Those are facades, it is a flaw from the backend (I personally asked about them). The questions available are the ones you see.

They must have thought it through very well. Definitely the number of tutors after the layoff will meet their objectives.

Also, they do not owe us any explanation. We are freelancers and it's in the nature of our jobs. We signed a non-disclosure agreement. You cannot put this experience in your CV or tell people about this contract. In short, you have no say. They can treat you as they like...
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by TheBlessedHero: 10:50pm On May 02, 2020
quasarJose:

Lol Rip Kola or is he still alive?

Yeah. I guess so.

I am not suggesting there might be a looming furlough in your own group. Our answering feeds are very different.

Just be hopeful things pick up again.

So do not fret.

Yeah, Kola Olawuyi is late, it's Kolade Alabi that still dey...

yeah, we can only hope, LH talked about Aug-Sept too, for those they suspended a few weeks back...

So, what other Gig are you looking into nau? or it's fully offline hustle? or everybody is holding their Joker till after this pandemic is fully eradicated or can be maintained?
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 02, 2020
quasarJose:

One thing I am 100% sure is that brainly loves a feed that is totally clean everyday.
Those questions you see are ranked based on the traffic they have amassed and they need salvaging.

Laying off tutors and increasing number of questions must have been their wisest decision. I hope the number of questions you are talking about isn't those" 3000" stuffs. Those are facades, it is a flaw from the backend (I personally asked about them). The questions available are the ones you see.

They must have thought it through very well. Definitely the number of tutors after the layoff will meet their objectives.

Also, they do not owe us any explanation. We are freelancers and it's in the nature of our jobs. We signed a non-disclosure agreement. You cannot put this experience in your CV or tell people about this contract. In short, you have no say. They can treat you as they like...
OK boss, I now get. Hopefully things will get better towards the end of the year.
I thought it was a foul play but now I totally understand.

Thanks for the explanation. We shall meet at the top.

1 Like

Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Nobody: 12:01am On May 03, 2020
We can now sleep peacefully grin
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by quasarJose: 12:20am On May 03, 2020
Cakephp:

OK boss, I now get. Hopefully things will get better towards the end of the year.
I thought it was a foul play but now I totally understand.

Thanks for the explanation. We shall meet at the top.

Definitely..
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by quasarJose: 12:27am On May 03, 2020
TheBlessedHero:

Yeah, Kola Olawuyi is late, it's Kolade Alabi that still dey...

yeah, we can only hope, LH talked about Aug-Sept too, for those they suspended a few weeks back...

So, what other Gig are you looking into nau? or it's fully offline hustle? or everybody is holding their Joker till after this pandemic is fully eradicated or can be maintained?

A bottle of cognac for him.

I am waiting it out. I got some personal stuffs to do and I am focusing on them for now. In fact, the likely" two- months window break" is what I kind of need now.

Sometimes, hustles can hurt real growth, yet, we need money to accelerate so many stuffs in life.

Almost all hustles have been disrupted by this virus. We just need to go back to the drawing board and be ready again.
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by AududuNine11: 1:18am On May 03, 2020
quasarJose:
Good evening guys.

Well done guys, let's hope for better days ahead.

God bless you immensely for bringing us out from the dark. I deeply appreciate this very important info at this crucial time. Tnx much.

1 Like

Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by AududuNine11: 1:21am On May 03, 2020
quasarJose:

---It is all of us.

Lol... @the bolded

1 Like

Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by AududuNine11: 1:22am On May 03, 2020
TheBlessedHero:

GtB has also slashed almost more than half of their workers salary
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by AududuNine11: 1:24am On May 03, 2020
Omoba7:

Gee, I doubt if you know what you're talking about. Firstly, it's LatinHire "US" group. The number of questions has drastically reduced for some days now.
Leave that nitwit
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by AududuNine11: 1:28am On May 03, 2020
quasarJose:

A bottle of cognac for him.

I am waiting it out. I got some personal stuffs to do and I am focusing on them for now. In fact, the likely" two- months window break" is what I kind of need now.

Sometimes, hustles can hurt real growth, yet, we need money to accelerate so many stuffs in life.

Almost all hustles have been disrupted by this virus. We just need to go back to the drawing board and be ready again.

PeterJosh, when are we going to have our own Nigerian version of brainly?

1 Like

Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by quasarJose: 1:35am On May 03, 2020
AududuNine11:

God bless you immensely for bringing us out from the dark. I deeply appreciate this very important info at this crucial time. Tnx much.

You are welcome boss!!!!

Your tool might also not get suspended who knows. At least, someone must keep the platform alive no matter the trinkets of questions coming in.
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by AududuNine11: 1:38am On May 03, 2020
quasarJose:

You are welcome boss!!!!

Your tool might also not get suspended who knows. At least, someone must keep the platform alive no matter the trinkets of questions coming in.
We hope so
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by quasarJose: 1:41am On May 03, 2020
AududuNine11:
PeterJosh, when are we going to have our own Nigerian version of brainly?

Lol. We might have to run it on charity at first.
It would be a worthy venture though.

We would very tedious legal issues(more ethical) to deal with. Schools and educators will definitely frown at such platforms. Government might clamp down.

Getting a good strategy will go a long way for a start.

Or you already cooked something with enough spice? grin

1 Like

Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by AududuNine11: 2:13am On May 03, 2020
quasarJose:

Lol. We might have to run it on charity at first.
It would be a worthy venture though.
of course, it would be run on charity first

We would very tedious legal issues(more ethical) to deal with. Schools and educators will definitely frown at such platforms. Government might clamp down.
What legal implications are we looking it, considering how brainly runs? WHy might schools and educators or the government want to clamp down on an education platform that brings together students who assist themselves with assignments that parents do not even have time to solve, or other kids whose parents cannot afford a lesson teacher for them?

Getting a good strategy will go a long way for a start.

Or you already cooked something with enough spice? grin

I'm still studying the brainly system
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by quasarJose: 3:15am On May 03, 2020
[quote author=AududuNine11 post=89122887][/quote]
Just imagine giving students assignments to solve. They come around and professionals take it up from them. Wouldn't that undermine the real focus of learning?

This is my reason why schools might trigger the government to restrict such platforms. Educational "assignment" solving websites are usually frowned at. It is widely believed that they make students cheat and beat the system far too easily. It is against the TOS of some top freelancing websites to work on educational gigs like helping to solve assignments and writing essays. I got hammered on Fiverr for flouting that rule grin

In the case of brainly for example, there was an non-disclosure agreement. Also, we do not answer hot and live questions posted by the students. I see that most of the questions are about a week old. I hope you understand why it is so now.

Actually, devising a good strategy would go a long way to ensure that the efforts of teachers in real-time are not being circumvented by our supposed ingenuity.

In all, it is doable and I willing to give it a shot tongue tongue tongue anyway.
Re: Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! by Omoba7(m): 3:21am On May 03, 2020
quasarJose:

Just imagine giving students assignments to solve. They come around and professionals take it up from them. Wouldn't that undermine the real focus of learning?

This is my reason why schools might trigger the government to restrict such platforms. Educational "assignment" solving websites are usually frowned at. It is widely believed that they make students cheat and beat the system far too easily. It is against the TOS of some top freelancing websites to work on educational gigs like helping to solve assignments and writing essays. I got hammered on Fiverr for flouting that rule grin

In the case of brainly for example, there was an non-disclosure agreement. [/b]Also, we do not answer hot and live questions posted by the students. I see that most of the questions are about a week old. I hope you understand why it is so now. [b]

Actually, devising a good strategy would go a long way to ensure that the efforts of teachers in real-time are not being circumvented by our supposed ingenuity.

In all, it is doable and I willing to give it a shot tongue tongue tongue anyway.

Now, out of content tool makes so much SENSE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (339) (Reply)

Invitation For Written Exams For Police ICT Professional Into Nigerian Police / Nigeria Civil Defence Corp Is Recruiting: / Natforce Recruitment And Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.