Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,118 members, 7,828,986 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless (36386 Views)

Military Arrests Nicholas Uchendu Akalezi, 10 Navy Personnel In Kogi / Navy Personnel Beat Women In Abia: Navy, Abia State Government React / Navy Personnel, Soldiers Urinate On Widow & Her Children In Cross River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by Hoodgod(m): 6:39am On Jan 22, 2020
davillian:
angry
Don't be surprise they won't be allowed to return there again...
They did crocodile smile 1 there without chasing anybody
But why are they chasing them now on crocodile smile 2 ?
na home movie?
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by mployer(m): 6:40am On Jan 22, 2020
They must have notified them long before now.

1 Like

Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by ruggedtimi(m): 6:41am On Jan 22, 2020
my uncles affected
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by ruggedtimi(m): 6:45am On Jan 22, 2020
Bobby4090:

That place should be an international tourist resort with standard hotels if well developed. That people have lived there for centuries is irrelevant. Did Vi, Ikoyi, ikeja GRA and Dangote Refinery site etc not have indigenes before? The proper thing to do is to compensate them or resettle them.
If they are compensated no problem, how can you displace 10000 people because of tourist development.
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by somehow: 6:47am On Jan 22, 2020
ruggedtimi:
If they are compensated no problem, how can you displace 10000 people because of tourist development.
if they have valid ownership to the land, they will surely get compensated.

1 Like

Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by seedsower(m): 6:50am On Jan 22, 2020
Bobby4090:

That place should be an international tourist resort with standard hotels if well developed. That people have lived there for centuries is irrelevant. Did Vi, Ikoyi, ikeja GRA and Dangote Refinery site etc not have indigenes before? The proper thing to do is to compensate them or resettle them.

Correct, but then who sent them? For FG or for personal gain development?
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by Afrocentric: 6:50am On Jan 22, 2020
coolitempa:

Says who? People have lived there for centuries without any problems I have been there with my guy many times. Issue is, who are these soldiers? Who sent them and where did they come from?
Go and ask them
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 22, 2020
anonimi:

They have flexed and over flexed muscle against Boko Haram terrorists and defeated them technically since four years ago.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3236486_buharidefeatsbokoharam4_jpeg3b14d0e7f2d2c32d3b117b1eb1fc793c

Any insurgency that lasts more than a week in Nigeria is state sponsored. One of the reasons why many a moon ago I was invited to join the Nigeria Air force and I refused the job.

The military boys are pawns in the chess game. I love my life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by West2019(m): 7:13am On Jan 22, 2020
I was there wit ibb,obj,Danjuma,Buhari, and general oche James when that particular area was set up for Navy training ground
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:14am On Jan 22, 2020
Do the tenants pay rent to their landlord
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by Abfinest007(m): 7:20am On Jan 22, 2020
if say this government is useless they will say I'm attacking them for no reason how can u evacuate people without making proper arrangement for where they will stay since they didn't make such arrangement they should have given them time to look for a place

2 Likes

Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 22, 2020
It’s sad we need more homeless shelters
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by Enemyofpeace: 7:31am On Jan 22, 2020
Na wa o, see where human beans are leaving. No be Bola146 I dey see so and she go come here dey form sey she dey live for Lekki shiooooooooooooooor
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by ekaromail: 7:32am On Jan 22, 2020
Bobby4090:

What stopped the government from building a mini estate and relocating this people? Why must our own things always be different? Build a mini estate for this people, give it out to them at a very reasonable price to make them move. After the offer, anyone who refuses to move, you clear them out. But no. Our government has always loved making its citizens homeless, powerless and less of everything.
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by Abimbola29(m): 7:36am On Jan 22, 2020
I bet you,in a year time some will build large houses there, the area has been auction out
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by AWFCNAIJA: 7:36am On Jan 22, 2020
It's all part of a larger demolition strategy to rid these islands of any form of "undesirables" in their quest to commercialize them.

Funny how from illashe to Tarkwa Bay, its only island sections that have been earmarked for fancy beach house developments that have been demolished.

The wider strategy is to remove these locals and create a Lavida Loca beach destination, laudable but traumatic for the individuals at the end of the stick.

1 Like

Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by Godpikin4real(f): 7:40am On Jan 22, 2020
I really feel sorry for them cos I know what sudden eviction as this feels. They should have at least been given some months to vacate and also relocate them somewhere else. Buhhh, what can I do?
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by souljaslim(m): 7:41am On Jan 22, 2020
okirewaju:
Leaving close to the beach like this is dangerous

What is this one saying? Never head of beach front houses?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by foreshore(m): 7:43am On Jan 22, 2020
Amstupid:
Was built by Tafawa Balewa ,,, dats y it is called takwa bay

How does Tafawa Balewa relate to Takwa Bay? Village teacher!!!
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by skallion7(m): 7:50am On Jan 22, 2020
Abfinest007:
if say this government is useless they will say I'm attacking them for no reason how can u evacuate people without making proper arrangement for where they will stay since they didn't make such arrangement they should have given them time to look for a place
And how are sure they weren't given notice of evacuation before this incident

1 Like

Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by Medanoski(m): 7:50am On Jan 22, 2020
Bobby4090:

So it is ok to evict them in the way and in which the military is doing abi ? Things like these requires a well thought out plan and a stage by stage implementation. But of course your government doesn't plan well or plan at all most times.
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by nogragra: 7:58am On Jan 22, 2020
Hoodgod:
Nigeria navy again?? shocked
These is all leading up to something whoever treat these things happening in Nigeria with kid gloves will only have him or herself to blame in the long run. Someone should be held responsible for the ill-treatment of people like this. Should someones lack of foresight be other people's nemesis? I mean there should be provision for these people to move to other place if this one is taken for selfish reasons in the name of development. Human beings are ruling themselves to their own injury.
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by Coldie(m): 8:07am On Jan 22, 2020
Bobby4090:

Imagine so that kind of place was available and the govt used millions of dollars to fill the ocean to form eco Atlantic.

This is what they should have done long ago
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by einsteine(m): 8:18am On Jan 22, 2020
Maxymilliano:
The recent clampdowns on dwellers around Lagos creeks, from Atlas cove, Ibeshe, Takwa Bay and other coastal areas is due to activities of pipeline vandals.

Atlas Cove and Tarkwa Bay is the same thing
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by emonis88: 8:35am On Jan 22, 2020
Don't be surprised when u see a hotel been built there. That is how bad the politicians can be.
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by Kreamchic: 8:45am On Jan 22, 2020
Where do they expect them to go. I know tgey secure the other side of the beach, but Who have the orders. I hope the vacation also affected foreigners who built houses there o. Cos these people only enjoy seeing their people suffer while they worship foreigners.

quote author=Officialrero post=85996439]
https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/many-rendered-homeless-as-navy-evicts-residents-from-tarkwa-bay/amp/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN3osS7ONc0[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by jidesp(m): 9:07am On Jan 22, 2020
Bobby4090:

Great idea, however, those people cant be compensated. Its a written areas where underground services meant for the country are or pass through are not supposed to be habitable. Similar concept applies to people living under power lines.

The government can evict people with compensation except they can provide a C OF O.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by lexy2014: 9:21am On Jan 22, 2020
Maxymilliano:
The recent clampdowns on dwellers around Lagos creeks, from Atlas cove, Ibeshe, Takwa Bay and other coastal areas is due to activities of pipeline vandals.

But d residents of ile-epo at abule egba aren't evicted for d same reason despite overwhelming evidence
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by lexy2014: 9:28am On Jan 22, 2020
skallion7:
And how are sure they weren't given notice of evacuation before this incident

Let's assume they were given notice but d Navy said these residents are either pipeline vandals or protecting pipeline vandals, hence d eviction. If that is d reason, then am wondering y residents of ile-epo in abule egba haven't been evicted
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by realstars: 9:29am On Jan 22, 2020
When it is election time, they will look for them, then after putting them in office, them turn the other way round.
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by lexy2014: 9:29am On Jan 22, 2020
Bobby4090:

Is d navy evicting those people because tourist attraction & building hotels?

Pls read:

The Nigerian navy said the operation was aimed at protecting equipment belonging to the country’s national oil company from “vandals”.

“They build houses on pipelines and pump illegally,” Commander Thomas Otuji, a spokesman for the operation, told AFP.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zamfara Lawmakers Collected $10,000 To Stop Impeachment Of Deputy Governor- Boko / Pictures Of Heavy Equipments Moved To Boro Port. / Ihedioha Renovates Dan Anyiam Stadium Ahead Of May 29 Handover Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.