Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,751 members, 7,813,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless (36364 Views)

Military Arrests Nicholas Uchendu Akalezi, 10 Navy Personnel In Kogi / Navy Personnel Beat Women In Abia: Navy, Abia State Government React / Navy Personnel, Soldiers Urinate On Widow & Her Children In Cross River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by lexy2014: 9:34am On Jan 22, 2020
jidesp:

Great idea, however, those people cant be compensated. Its a written areas where underground services meant for the country are or pass through are not supposed to be habitable. Similar concept applies to people living under power lines.

The government can evict people with compensation except they can provide a C OF O.

If this d reason 4d eviction:

"The Nigerian navy said the operation was aimed at protecting equipment belonging to the country’s national oil company from “vandals”.

“They build houses on pipelines and pump illegally,” Commander Thomas Otuji, a spokesman for the operation, told AFP."

Then y have d residents of ile-epo in abule egba not been evicted?

2 Likes

Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by bolayei: 9:39am On Jan 22, 2020
cRobo:
They should be compesated, my guess is that someone is about developing that place for a hotel or a residential mansion

Either way the dwellers should be compensated

Tinubu comes to mind
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by Hoodgod(m): 9:56am On Jan 22, 2020
nogragra:

These is all leading up to something whoever treat these things happening in Nigeria with kid gloves will only have him or herself to blame in the long run. Someone should be held responsible for the ill-treatment of people like this. Should someones lack of foresight be other people's nemesis? I mean there should be provision for these people to move to other place if this one is taken for selfish reasons in the name of development. Human beings are ruling themselves to their own injury.
in a nation where the voice of the common man is never heard,government will never intervene for their welfare,but will subject them to abject poverty and bring miserable opinion on their accommodation
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by GMbuharii: 10:13am On Jan 22, 2020
coolitempa:

Says who? People have lived there for centuries without any problems I have been there with my guy many times. Issue is, who are these soldiers? Who sent them and where did they come from?

Stfu!!!!

The army is under a commander who is under another commander...under burantai and ultimately under your beloved CnC, Buhari. Or you wanna blame Gej and Nnamdi Kanu for this again?
You voted for change,takwa bay must change, shikena, gaskiya... grin

So obey your beloved president and gather ya kaya for wheelbarrow and go find a decent place to live.

You should even be grateful to the army,they are kicking you outta the ghetto. grin grin grin

Lzaa immhotep,see confession of lamentations or is it lamentations of confession now?

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by Dan18(m): 10:15am On Jan 22, 2020
One thing I've learnt about most n'lander is that they're not logical in thinking and always judge on a one sided story. It was in the right up that their neighbors have been ejected since Dec 21, so they knew it'd be their turn soon, so why wait till you're given one hour??
Nigerians and last minute things.
And I'm sure the Navy gave them notice prior to this eviction

1 Like

Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by Daddisco1: 10:23am On Jan 22, 2020
They have done that but people refuse to leave, instead they will sell illegal land to unknown innocent 3rd parties[/quote]
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by Happyguy201: 10:34am On Jan 22, 2020
nna mehn las las naija don cast ooo . people that have been living peacefully in their space you come tell them make them park and move without any compensation i swear God punish Nigeria and its entities
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by sniperr007(m): 11:04am On Jan 22, 2020
coolitempa:

Says who? People have lived there for centuries without any problems I have been there with my guy many times. Issue is, who are these soldiers? Who sent them and where did they come from?
They are probably request not one politician that's trying to acquire the land
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by ikorodureporta: 11:11am On Jan 22, 2020
I think say na only importation of petroleum products Naija dey do.. hwcome d pipelines are still loaded??
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 22, 2020
marine base and marina to follow suit,, beaches are tourist attractions in other country but in naija, its just a breeding ground for criminals.

2 Likes

Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by candygist: 4:11pm On Jan 22, 2020
okirewaju:
Leaving close to the beach like this is dangerous

And what makes it dangerous. Village man
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by Legendguru: 5:20pm On Jan 22, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by coolitempa(f): 7:27pm On Jan 22, 2020
GMbuharii:

Stfu!!!!

The army is under a commander who is under another commander...under burantai and ultimately under your beloved CnC, Buhari. Or you wanna blame Gej and Nnamdi Kanu for this again?
You voted for change,takwa bay must change, shikena, gaskiya... grin

So obey your beloved president and gather ya kaya for wheelbarrow and go find a decent place to live.

You should even be grateful to the army,they are kicking you outta the ghetto. grin grin grin

Lzaa immhotep,see confession of lamentations or is it lamentations of confession now?

grin grin

Oponu...in your eyes you have made sense abi? I see you are still in sifia pains
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by Lonelypacifist6: 10:44pm On Jan 22, 2020
This government is just something else, looking for all possible was to break the spirits of Nigerians, This one again when otodo-gbame is still in court
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by GMbuharii: 11:00pm On Jan 22, 2020
coolitempa:

Oponu...in your eyes you have made sense abi? I see you are still in sifia pains

E pain am ooo

grin

Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by jidesp(m): 11:55pm On Jan 22, 2020
lexy2014:

If this d reason 4d eviction:

"The Nigerian navy said the operation was aimed at protecting equipment belonging to the country’s national oil company from “vandals”.

“They build houses on pipelines and pump illegally,” Commander Thomas Otuji, a spokesman for the operation, told AFP."

Then y have d residents of ile-epo in abule egba not been evicted?

One of the challenges Government have at protecting the country's facilities is because of arbitrary C.F.O that was approved without proper due diligence. That may not be the case but its usually the case.

A case study is the pending road expansion of Ikorodu road. Many houses on ikorodu shouldnt have been given C.F.O, because there has been a plan for expansion a long time. Therefore compulsory acquisition and compensation will be impossible because the cost of the project will be outweigh the cost.

Besides the aforementioned, the report probably triggered the evacuation.

I feel really sad for the victims. I hope the government provide them a place
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by Nobody: 4:17am On Jan 23, 2020
they are squatters. let them go back to their ancestral villages instead lf constituting nuisance to the environment.
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by alexvatt(m): 6:02am On Jan 23, 2020
coolitempa:

Hello dearie. Where have you been
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by lexy2014: 8:55am On Jan 23, 2020
jidesp:

One of the challenges Government have at protecting the country's facilities is because of arbitrary C.F.O that was approved without proper due diligence. That may not be the case but its usually the case.

A case study is the pending road expansion of Ikorodu road. Many houses on ikorodu shouldnt have been given C.F.O, because there has been a plan for expansion a long time. Therefore compulsory acquisition and compensation will be impossible because the cost of the project will be outweigh the cost.

Besides the aforementioned, the report probably triggered the evacuation.

I feel really sad for the victims. I hope the government provide them a place

I think u are missing d point. If d navy says that its reason for evicting these people is as follows:

Then d residents of Ile-epo, Abule Egba should also be evicted. Or don't u no about Ile-epo, abule egba?
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by jidesp(m): 8:09pm On Jan 23, 2020
lexy2014:

I think u are missing d point. If d navy says that its reason for evicting these people is as follows:

Then d residents of Ile-epo, Abule Egba should also be evicted. Or don't u no about Ile-epo, abule egba?

The navy did not act on its on. As long as its not a proven fact about the places u mentioned, then no action will be taken.

However, there is a possibility that those places maybe affected too in the nearest future. As i mentioned earlier many people dont know about this infomation before buying or renting a place. Dont get me wrong, i am not trying to justify the actions of the government but the vandalism of the country's underground services is a stimulant to evacuate people.

I remember, i read about a house for many years has been the source of petrol. When the government knew about it, the house was locked. They ran a tap that they fetch petrol from.

In line with what I said earlier, government always find reasons to compulsorily acquire places for their own intent.

A recent case is computer village being evacuated. Another case is the parks being built around Lagos for commercial purposes. Although its not recognized for commercial purpose but we know it is.
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by lexy2014: 8:52pm On Jan 23, 2020
jidesp:

The navy did not act on its on. As long as its not a proven fact about the places u mentioned, then no action will be taken.

However, there is a possibility that those places maybe affected too in the nearest future. As i mentioned earlier many people dont know about this infomation before buying or renting a place. Dont get me wrong, i am not trying to justify the actions of the government but the vandalism of the country's underground services is a stimulant to evacuate people.

I remember, i read about a house for many years has been the source of petrol. When the government knew about it, the house was locked. They ran a tap that they fetch petrol from.

In line with what I said earlier, government always find reasons to compulsorily acquire places for their own intent.

A recent case is computer village being evacuated. Another case is the parks being built around Lagos for commercial purposes. Although its not recognized for commercial purpose but we know it is.

I asked a simple question and u are speaking plenty grammar. Do u no Ile-Epo at Abule Egba in Lagos state?
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by jidesp(m): 9:58am On Jan 24, 2020
lexy2014:

I asked a simple question and u are speaking plenty grammar. Do u no Ile-Epo at Abule Egba in Lagos state?

Of course I do. I laid down basis for such actions by the government. But my opinion is, Government has eye on that land. The fact that it is closer to Eko Atlantic makes attractive to them and would take necessary action to evacuate people

But mehn people wey make dem chase them no try o. U need to see how these residents built wells on the pipeline. Then dey fetch am like water..

You dey mention arepo like say na inside City e dey. How many times wey we hear of pipeline dey burst, burnt houses.

Arepo far from city centre bro. E no get value reach takwaba land.
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by lexy2014: 11:35am On Jan 24, 2020
jidesp:

Of course I do. I laid down basis for such actions by the government. But my opinion is, Government has eye on that land. The fact that it is closer to Eko Atlantic makes attractive to them and would take necessary action to evacuate people

But mehn people wey make dem chase them no try o. U need to see how these residents built wells on the pipeline. Then dey fetch am like water..

You dey mention arepo like say na inside City e dey. How many times wey we hear of pipeline dey burst, burnt houses.

Arepo far from city centre bro. E no get value reach takwaba land.

U speaking too much grammar & saying too many uncorrelated things at d same time. Here u say:

jidesp:

But my opinion is, Government has eye on that land.

But earlier u said:

jidesp:

What's d correlation?

I asked about Ile-Epo and u are talking about Arepo.

jidesp:

U obviously don't no Ile-Epo. U are just talking, talking, talking without even knowing why u are talking
Re: Navy Personnel evict Tarkwa Bay Residents, Many Rendered Homeless by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 11, 2020
Bobby4090:

That place should be an international tourist resort with standard hotels if well developed. That people have lived there for centuries is irrelevant. Did Vi, Ikoyi, ikeja GRA and Dangote Refinery site etc not have indigenes before? The proper thing to do is to compensate them or resettle them.

Compensate. Resettle. Words that are too complex for the Nigerian government to understand.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Charles Soludo Spotted At The Gym Working Out In Awka (Pictures & Video) / Liberian Man Accuses Erhiawarie Eferakeya Of Battering Him Over 6-Month Wages / What Does Asiwaju Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.