Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked (46861 Views)

ABUAD Student Fights His Lecturer For Trying To Seize His Phone / ABUAD Removed From Webometric Ranking For Bad Practice / ABUAD Beats Covenant University; Ranks As Best Private University In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 23, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
him ke?
are you with us?
I'm sure you must be one of the IPOB brothers from umuahia cos those people have comprehension issues cos they are not educated.
Immhotep Lzaa jimyjames come and take your brother
How amotekun na? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by Mrflyguy: 8:47am On Jan 23, 2020
Our educational system in Nigeria is questionable. Thisnmy be born out envy and jealousy of colleagues that now see her as their boss in OOU . If she wasn't a brilliant lady , she wouldn't have gotten to the post of a senior lecturer easily .

Looking at this lady , she is still young . The same envy that will make a lecturer or professor not to give a brilliant chap all round As because they didn't get an A during their days in the university.

1 Like

Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 23, 2020
philip0906:

If she doctored or attempted to doctor her qualification, then you do have a valid point.

My posit was within the confines of this article as I did not know there was an original story.
we should wait for their investigation but I doubt if it will lead to any positive result.
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by aod1(m): 8:49am On Jan 23, 2020
Roadtoyesterday:

My taught exactly
it's cos of fake professors like her that you chose to spell "thought" as "taught".
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:53am On Jan 23, 2020
I don't understand what this write-up is about. She left oou with PhD and came back with a professorship. How is that an offence?

Her dismissal is another issue entirely and Ogun state govt should answer questions about how they managed to appoint someone dismissed by the state's university as a commissioner

There's a precedent though. We all remember a certain kemi Adeosun and her NYSC palava and the fact she attended a polytechnic in Uk but was touted as having a degree here in Nigeria.
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by Stephendeals: 8:54am On Jan 23, 2020
Lostz:
Nigeria a country where truth and what is right is now refers to as bring them down syndrome

so many quack journalists in Nigeria, world over people will always fault the position of the press, the position of government even private opinion get opposed. In this report the journalist said

"ABUAD took this trend to another level by promoting several lecturers who have no PhD degrees or any substantial academic publications to the professorial office. I will do a comprehensive report of the list of professors in private universities in Nigeria without a PhD degree, including vice chancellors (e.g. ABUAD) who without a PhD degree have been awarded professorial cadres."

But he did not list any other professor from ABUAD or any other institution, he also stressed that the lady in question is now a commissioner.
so is the write up on the dichotomy in professorial appointment in Nigeria institution or the woman in question. This report is screaming with all the element of Ad hominem. Though his point that many political appointees are shady is valid, but that from the onset was not the discourse of this article.

2 Likes

Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 23, 2020
benji93:
2 years? Nope.According to Wikipedia Soyinka continued at Leeds for his MA, although they never mentioned that he finished. But since it was thesis-based, any of his earlier works would have been enough to complete his MA at the time. To the best of my knowledge, professorship is based on your research track record big how long you have been teaching. University teachers could always retain the title of Lecturer.

"Two years" was my employment of hyperbole to stress the point that research experience is the most fundamental requisite for the award of a professorship title and Zuckerberg would need a Masters degree to earn the prestigious title. But come on , we both agree that professorship is a title and status not an academic qualification . Why wouldn't Mark Zuckerberg who founded Facebook, owns Instagram and WhatsApp not be granted that honour of professorship if 80% of what would be taught in the department is what he invented?

2 Likes

Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by checherio(m): 8:59am On Jan 23, 2020
pmoye:
This is the story of Sidi Osho. I am not exactly sure now whether to address her as a professor or as a doctor. After all she was called professor and vice chancellor at Afe Babalola University in Ado Ekiti between 2009 and 2014, after which she was demoted to a senior lecturer at Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ado Iwoye and dismissed for financial impropriety in 2016. She is definitely a woman with many twists in her story. Another twist, after her dismissal Ogun State governor would later appoint her as a commissioner in his cabinet.

What exactly is going on in our academic institutions? This is definitely not the first time that private universities would arbitrarily hand out the professorial cadre to undeserving individuals. ABUAD took this trend to another level by promoting several lecturers who have no PhD degrees or any substantial academic publications to the professorial office. I will do a comprehensive report of the list of professors in private universities in Nigeria without a PhD degree, including vice chancellors (e.g. ABUAD) who without a PhD degree have been awarded professorial cadres. I believe it is a big shame that the Nigerian University Commission has decidedly turned a blind eyes on quality assurance in our educational institutions, especially with respect to private universities where just anything goes.

https://punchng.com/oou-under-pressure-to-review-ogun-commissioners-dismissal/

Your write up is full of distaste and jealous.

And from your right up it's obvious you don't know the other part of the story from Abuad aspect.

You are just a bitter soul and if anyone is using their influence it's this your shitty propaganda of calumny that should never make a front page

I hope one day when you have worked so much in your life someone will attack all you have laboured for without proper findings as you have done.

Animal

1 Like

Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by jimyjames(m): 8:59am On Jan 23, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
him ke?
are you with us?
I'm sure you must be one of the IPOB brothers from umuahia cos those people have comprehension issues cos they are not educated.
Immhotep Lzaa jimyjames come and take your brother

What is this amotekun vigilante guy from Massachusetts Ibadan mentioning me here for? You are yet to receive your 13k salary I guess?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by AgentNairaland(f): 9:02am On Jan 23, 2020
The One You Put For Your Aso Rock Wetin He Dey Carry, To Present His Waec Certificate Na Problem.. Na Nepa Bill He Get For Hand.
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by shogsman(m): 9:10am On Jan 23, 2020
Privatepart00:
Too lengthy joor
Then don't bother to comment.leave your space for intelligent folks with a peaked interest.
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by ernieboy(m): 9:11am On Jan 23, 2020
Freehuman:

"Two years" was my employment of hyperbole to stress the point that research experience is the most fundamental requisite for the award of a professorship title and Zuckerberg would need a Masters degree to earn the prestigious title. But come on , we both agree that professorship is a title and status not an academic qualification . Why wouldn't Mark Zuckerberg who founded Facebook, owns Instagram and WhatsApp not be granted that honour of professorship if 80% of what would be taught in the department is what he invented?
mark zuckerberg invented what? Do u know what invent means? Facebook was not even the first society media platform, but became the most successful. He is a programmer not an inventory.
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 23, 2020
ernieboy:
mark zuckerberg invented what? Do u know what invent means? Facebook was not even the first society media platform, but became the most successful. He is a programmer not an inventory.

Myspace was just another website. Social Media started with Facebook.
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by ernieboy(m): 9:12am On Jan 23, 2020
checherio:

Your write up is full of distaste and jealous.

And from your right up it's obvious you don't know the other part of the story from Abuad aspect.

You are just a bitter soul and if anyone is using their influence it's this your shitty propaganda of calumny that should never make a front page

I hope one day when you have worked so much in your life someone will attack all you have laboured for without proper findings as you have done.

Animal
so what is the other side of the story? Why not present facts to counter his claim instead this rant?
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by benji93: 9:23am On Jan 23, 2020
Zuckerberg's work wasn't scholarly, at least in the traditional definition of it. What he invented is not what is taught in the departments of computer science/ Engineering around the world. If inventions were all that were required many Engineers would be professors.
Freehuman:

Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 23, 2020
Privatepart00:
Too lengthy joor
too lengthy indeed
you must be one of the dullards back then in school

1 Like

Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 23, 2020
benji93:
Zuckerberg's work wasn't scholarly, at least in the traditional definition of it. What he invented is not what is taught in the department of computer science/ Engineering. If inventions were all that was required many Engineers would be professors.

I was specific. Department of Social Media Studies. Also in science oriented disciplines more practical projects make better theses.

1 Like

Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by benji93: 9:27am On Jan 23, 2020
grin grin grin. If we are dwelling on hypotheticals, then you are probably correct.
Freehuman:

I was specific. Department of Social Media Studies.
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 23, 2020
benji93:
grin grin grin. If we are dwelling on hypothetical, then you are probably correct.

Lol. I've edited the post. Seems you're an educator . You're well informed.
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by ernieboy(m): 9:30am On Jan 23, 2020
Freehuman:

Myspace was just another website. Social Media started with Facebook.
where did u hear that? Oga enlighten yourself and stop spewing ignorance in a public forum
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by ignis: 9:35am On Jan 23, 2020
Nigeria is a joke.
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by heywhya: 9:36am On Jan 23, 2020
This write up is not to be believed. This is just a write up and not the truth.

1 Like

Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by Kobicove(m): 9:39am On Jan 23, 2020
tohmmey:
Why not just sack him straight away than make him miserable

Did you even read the story?!

It's a female!

1 Like

Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by Karac: 9:40am On Jan 23, 2020
napoleon77:
You do not necessarily have to have a PhD to be a Professor

No mind those fools jare. Awon hypocrite oshi! Those he goats trying to bring her down, some of them no holy reach her o. Na their type dey rape students for office. Awon werey!

1 Like

Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by luluosas(m): 9:45am On Jan 23, 2020
Educational fraud
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by asunmoGGMU(m): 9:54am On Jan 23, 2020
napoleon77:
You do not necessarily have to have a PhD to be a Professor

Not with NUC guidelines. NUC have their guidelines for attaining professorial cadre. I just want to point this out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by Irore: 10:05am On Jan 23, 2020
These people wan rubbish the respect given to the Yorubas as a people highly educated. Magnifying glass is revealing so many viruses and scams. Chei..!
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by B2joa(m): 10:07am On Jan 23, 2020
Hmmmm just like one of my course mate is now a lecturer ooo.. We just graduated o and waiting for result o.. Him no be first class student o... I just try imagin what this guy wants to teach and how he will explain things to his students.. This guy cheated 100% with phone during exams and without a bsc results yet he is now a lecturer in naija... Education in this country is a fraud and big scam because it is doomed!

1 Like

Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by trilobite: 10:13am On Jan 23, 2020
Majority of Nigerian professors have no business with that title. See many with published research in backyard journals littered with kindergarten English errors calling themselves "professor".

Some of them form their own international journals and use to publish rubbish. Example, imagine a professor Abraham using research published in Abraham International Journal of Applied sciences to claim he published in an international journal.

Many are more interested in playing university politics and chasing female students. God help us.
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by victorjoe(m): 10:29am On Jan 23, 2020
lumiday:
I know Sidi very very well these people takes drug but they are very well connected hence the reason they can cheat the system so easily and nothing will happen, if an ordinary person take what the takes, below with be such persons reaction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIitO_VN9B8

Say NO TO DRUG.

This is damn serious! I learnt there is now a biscuit too. Once you chew it you become high. And all these small small girls are even the ones patronizing these drugs
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by Lordbukas: 10:37am On Jan 23, 2020
So Op what exactly is your problem? Are you jealous of her appointment or you have a problem with institutions? Cause I see you have an issue with the woman.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Share The Crazy Funny Things That Happened While In Boarding School / Is Lami Phillips Family The Owner Of Dowen College? / Identical Twins: Adegoke Taiye & Kehinde Graduate With First Class From UNIBADAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.