Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked (46820 Views)

ABUAD Student Fights His Lecturer For Trying To Seize His Phone / ABUAD Removed From Webometric Ranking For Bad Practice / ABUAD Beats Covenant University; Ranks As Best Private University In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by DavidGoliath: 10:42am On Jan 23, 2020
This smear post (full of lies) on an accomplished and respected Professor like Sidi Osho smells of unvarnished jealousy and hatred.

1 Like

Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by alekuwodo(m): 10:43am On Jan 23, 2020
Either she is upgraded to professor or not is not as important as what she deliver as VC. As the pioneer VC of ABUAD she did a lot, her demotion at OOU might be more than academic strata and something endears her to the government to be made a commissioner.

Meanwhile if you are interested in upland paddy rice production, check my signature and join us.
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by shangodele974(m): 10:46am On Jan 23, 2020
ademijuwonlo:

Did that happen in Lautech?
I think so

1 Like

Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 23, 2020
pmoye:
. I will do a comprehensive report of the list of professors in private universities in Nigeria without a PhD degree, including vice chancellors (e.g. ABUAD) who without a PhD degree have been awarded professorial cadres. /
you dont need to have a phd to be a professor. However most professors have a Ph.D Usually when you see a professor without a ph.d in a reputable university he is an exceptional intellectual whose genius, research or publications are such that the need for a Ph.d is secondary.

I think there are one or 2 old school professors in Nigeria who didnt have a Ph.d cant remmember their names now. I doubt any of the new generation are of that calibre.

1 Like

Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by Mires: 11:20am On Jan 23, 2020
I took time to read all the comments. I smile and at some point, shake my head given the way Nigerian youths can argue authoritatively while they are wrong and ignorant.

It is important to point out that every country has guiding principles and laws. Same goes with education in various countries. Guidelines are set. And what is applicable in the United States of America for instance, might not be the same in Nigeria. For instance, in the United States of America, a faculty member with PhD can be promoted to a full professor with just two quality publications or patent in high impact journal. They are more interested in contribution to knowledge. In Nigeria, ours is "suffer head". Suffer head in the sense that we don't regard ourselves to be competent. Hence, the system allows one to be promoted to the rank of professor not only after acquiring PhD, but must published as many articles and and be promoted through the ranks (lecturer 2, lecturer 1, Senior lecturer, and reader). Each of these ranks required three years of teaching, community service and required publications
Do you know that some universities in Nigeria more especially the new federal universities promote academics to higher ranks within two years or less?

Let me quickly point out that even in Nigeria, promotion criteria differs across Senate of Universities. It is on this note that one can be a professor in University A for instance, but on applying to University B for a position, he/she will be assessed with University B criteria and might find out that he/she deserves to be in a lower rank like Senior Lecturer not even Reader. For instance, if any academic seeks to be employed in Ibadan as a professor, he/she can best be given SL. That is not really demotion to say. It's based on Ui criteria in which you can only be a professor by growing in the system. In the same vein, a senior lecturer in UNN for instance who feels he has all it takes to be promoted to a professorial chair can approached University XYZ and if he meets its criteria, can be given.

Again let me shed some light. Some academics who are privilege to be faculty members before obtaining PhD, rose to the ranks of L1 in some Universities in Nigeria. Thanks to their publications. As soon as they obtained PhDs, they were promoted to SL. I have a good number of friends who have benefitted from the largess. I wouldn't want to mention the Universities but mostly Private universities. If they decide to seek employment in University of Ibadan for instance, the criteria is irrespective of the number of years the person has taught in University or Universities, and publications in learned journals, he/she should be given a position with reference to the year he acquired PhD. For instance the the person acquired PhD in 2018 and is seeking to be a Senior Lecturer in Ui in 2020 given twelve years of teaching and publications. Ui will offer the person L2, a position for PhD without cognate experience. If PhD was obtained in 2017, Ui will offer the fellow L1 as long as he/she can boast of 8 points in publication based on Ui assessment.

Let me stop here please.

5 Likes

Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by pmoye(m): 11:49am On Jan 23, 2020
I will try to make this brief.
The reaction against the Op partly shows the level of gender bias entrenched in our society in Nigeria. If the person of interest in that article had been a man, I am sure the reaction would have been different. Many of those commenting would have used the opportunity to take a swipe at ally university lecturers as being sex-starved depraved and incompetent human specimens. But because she is a woman, let us cut her some slack. Right?

This is not about Sidi Osho. I have taken the time and made the effort to investigate her academic and work history, and from what I have gathered so far she remains the best VC that ever worked at ABUAD. In fact rumour has it that she had to leave ABUAD because of her no-nonsense and sensible stance that some power-that-be in the institution did not feel comfortable with. We can not take this away from her. And yes, there is no law preventing a senior lecturer from being appointed the VC of a university. Few years ago a University in the North had a lecturer with a Dr title as the Acting Vice Chancellor. So those that are trying to insinuate that this post was done for an ulterior motive can now change their mind.

I also recommend that those commenting should take the time to read the Punch article attached instead of simply commenting without knowing the full gist of the matter.

I did this post to stimulate a debate, a healthy debate. And No, I am not going to start mentioning names of other academic staff members across Nigerian private universities (especially) that have been unduly promoted to the professorial cadre. We have individuals that are now readers (a professorial cadre) in different private universities who had graduated with third class, and had scored lower than PhD-grade in their MSc, and have failed to obtain a PhD degree, but yet have been promoted to the professorial cadre. You can not make the Wole Soyinka argument for individuals like this. Wole Soyinka and other appointments like him are in the exemption and not the rule, and it is purely because of their unmistakable achievements in their areas of practice. This is completely against the practice in some Nigerian universities that the initial post was intended to stimulate a discourse on.

PhD is not just a title, it is a testament to dedication, discipline and experience in the field an academic has chosen to teach and profess. And yes, certain (few) individuals that have attained this same and more level of experience in the field can be on their merit be elevated to a professorial level though without a PhD but with more than the PhD programme was designed to instill. Now what happens when we arbitrarily circumvent this training and elevate individuals who are not deserving to the post they occupy? What happens to the graduates they produce? What happens to the productivity and contribution to national building of our universities? Your guess is as good as mine.

Please note: Sidi Osho has a PhD and there is nothing wrong about her becoming a VC or being returned to her former post when she returned to her old school. But upon her dismissal, it is morally wrong for a sitting governor to appoint her as a commissioner. And then for the shameful lobbying for the reversal of the dismissal that ensued the moment the governor appointed her. That singular dismissal should have disqualified her from that appointment in a saner clime.

No one sponsored this post. We Nigerians should stop taking sides with what is wrong. We keep complaining that merit is being trampled by the public office holders and that corruption is rife, while some Nigerians have lost their ability to judge an issue without revealing innate corrupt tendencies in their heart.
God bless Nigeria.
And read the Punch news piece before commenting.

2 Likes

Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by porka: 11:55am On Jan 23, 2020
Mires:
I took time to read all the comments. I smile and at some point, shake my head given the way Nigerian youths can argue authoritatively while they are wrong and ignorant.

It is important to point out that every country has guiding principles and laws. Same goes with education in various countries. Guidelines are set. And what is applicable in the United States of America for instance, might not be the same in Nigeria. For instance, in the United States of America, a faculty member with PhD can be promoted to a full professor with just two quality publications or patent in high impact journal. They are more interested in contribution to knowledge. In Nigeria, ours is "suffer head". Suffer head in the sense that we don't regard ourselves to be competent. Hence, the system allows one to be promoted to the rank of professor not only after acquiring PhD, but must published as many articles and and be promoted through the ranks (lecturer 2, lecturer 1, Senior lecturer, and reader). Each of these ranks required three years of teaching, community service and required publications
Do you know that some universities in Nigeria more especially the new federal universities promote academics to higher ranks within two years or less?

Let me quickly point out that even in Nigeria, promotion criteria differs across Senate of Universities. It is on this note that one can be a professor in University A for instance, but on applying to University B for a position, he/she will be assessed with University B criteria and might find out that he/she deserves to be in a lower rank like Senior Lecturer not even Reader. For instance, if any academic seeks to be employed in Ibadan as a professor, he/she can best be given SL. That is not really demotion to say. It's based on Ui criteria in which you can only be a professor by growing in the system. In the same vein, a senior lecturer in UNN for instance who feels he has all it takes to be promoted to a professorial chair can approached University XYZ and if he meets its criteria, can be given.

Again let me shed some light. Some academics who are privilege to be faculty members before obtaining PhD, rose to the ranks of L1 in some Universities in Nigeria. Thanks to their publications. As soon as they obtained PhDs, they were promoted to SL. I have a good number of friends who have benefitted from the largess. I wouldn't want to mention the Universities but mostly Private universities. If they decide to seek employment in University of Ibadan for instance, the criteria is irrespective of the number of years the person has taught in University or Universities, and publications in learned journals, he/she should be given a position with reference to the year he acquired PhD. For instance the the person acquired PhD in 2018 and is seeking to be a Senior Lecturer in Ui in 2020 given twelve years of teaching and publications. Ui will offer the person L2, a position for PhD without cognate experience. If PhD was obtained in 2017, Ui will offer the fellow L1 as long as he/she can boast of 8 points in publication based on Ui assessment.

Let me stop here please.

You spoke well.
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 23, 2020
Mires:

Let me stop here please.

let me also add that in some federal Universities in Nigeria they have a quota, so unless the professors above you retire/resign or they increase the number of professor slots available in your department, you will not attain the rank of professor in that University no matter how brilliant you are.
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by Mires: 12:12pm On Jan 23, 2020
porka:

You spoke well.

Thanks for the commendation
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by Mires: 12:16pm On Jan 23, 2020
isthatso:

let me also add that in some federal Universities in Nigeria they have a quota, so unless the professors above you retire/resign or they increase the number of professor slots available in your department, you will not attain the rank of professor in that University no matter how brilliant you are.

I strongly disagree with your submission. Mention the federal universities. Everyone can become professors in a department if they meet up the criteria. That is what is currently the order as we speak I in the department of economics University of Ibadan with over fifteen professors.

1 Like

Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by DexterousOne(m): 12:19pm On Jan 23, 2020
AerialMapper:
Forget that title Professor especially in Nigeria. You only have to watch election results announcement or the antics of the new NERC boss to know that the only thing they profess is their unintelligence!

I know a “doctor” who bought his Professorship by paying another doctor to add his name to all his research papers. He rewarded this other doctor with a consultancy in a government agency he was heading. Today that dumbass has a Professor in front of his name!

You don't mean it shocked shocked
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by Longman6(m): 12:28pm On Jan 23, 2020
pmoye:
This is the story of Sidi Osho. I am not exactly sure now whether to address her as a professor or as a doctor. After all she was called professor and vice chancellor at Afe Babalola University in Ado Ekiti between 2009 and 2014, after which she was demoted to a senior lecturer at Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ado Iwoye and dismissed for financial impropriety in 2016. She is definitely a woman with many twists in her story. Another twist, after her dismissal Ogun State governor would later appoint her as a commissioner in his cabinet.

What exactly is going on in our academic institutions? This is definitely not the first time that private universities would arbitrarily hand out the professorial cadre to undeserving individuals. ABUAD took this trend to another level by promoting several lecturers who have no PhD degrees or any substantial academic publications to the professorial office. I will do a comprehensive report of the list of professors in private universities in Nigeria without a PhD degree, including vice chancellors (e.g. ABUAD) who without a PhD degree have been awarded professorial cadres. I believe it is a big shame that the Nigerian University Commission has decidedly turned a blind eyes on quality assurance in our educational institutions, especially with respect to private universities where just anything goes.

https://punchng.com/oou-under-pressure-to-review-ogun-commissioners-dismissal/

This post is so shallow, so you dont display your ignorance again, you can be a professor with just your Bsc degree, and having a phd is no prerequisite for professorship. Additionally you can be a professor in a school and not be in another, internal requirements differ.

Regards
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by edoairways: 12:43pm On Jan 23, 2020
Dandline:
Village people
Myvillagepeople Villagepeople you are quoted here
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by honey930(f): 12:44pm On Jan 23, 2020
Well, as a lecturer, I get appalled with this type of people that "work" the system. But am I surprised? No.

For those of you wondering why she still became a Commissioner in Ogun State despite a tainted CV? You need to find out the ”purported" qualification of the current State Governor Abiodun and you'll realize that they are "same 'ol same".

During the campaign periods, I watched on Channels TV when the Governor's university qualification was put on the spot. He was stammering. Couldn't say exactly what he studied and the degree obtained. That is the sad trend in Nigeria. People of questionable character are in POWER.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by edoairways: 12:45pm On Jan 23, 2020
Lostz:
Nigeria a country where truth and what is right is now refers to as bring them down syndrome
That doesn't change the fact that Pull Him Syndrome doesn't exist or isn't tie to this case
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by edoairways: 12:46pm On Jan 23, 2020
JosephXavier:
Let her write another jamb now the form is still out
No correlation with jamb
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by edoairways: 12:48pm On Jan 23, 2020
philip0906:

Valid! But this article is definitely bias.

1. Why use her as the theme or case study?
2. What is the relationship between her been a commisioner and been erstwhile sacked? Don't people who get sacked, still get hired?
3. Too many loose ends in the story, which the Op has failed in stringing together to make any tangibleble sense.
Yeah! At least someone is making sense
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 1:12pm On Jan 23, 2020
edoairways:

Myvillagepeople Villagepeople you are quoted here

Is our work oooo grin grin
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by AerialMapper: 1:37pm On Jan 23, 2020
DexterousOne:

You don't mean it shocked shocked

I mean it. He is a “professor” in Niger Delta University.

Let’s just say he is a political professor because rather than focus on his field in medicine, he has been busy chasing political positions.
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by DexterousOne(m): 1:39pm On Jan 23, 2020
AerialMapper:

I mean it. He is a “professor” in Niger Delta University.

Let’s just say he is a political professor because rather than focus on his field in medicine, he has been busy chasing political positions.

This is unfortunate
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 23, 2020
Mires:

I strongly disagree with your submission. Mention the federal universities. Everyone can become professors in a department if they meet up the criteria. That is what is currently the order as we speak I in the department of economics University of Ibadan with over fifteen professors.

Unilag and ife, I know this for a fact. Every department/faculty is different. Some departments can have 8 professors and some only 1. If you notice, the depratments that tend to have many professors are the ones where there is money associated with that subject. Money from aid, research grants, etc. U.I economics department obviously has funding for 15 professors, not every department will get funding for that many professors. U.I is a pioneer university, it's economics department will have links and funding from external agencies like the UN, ECA, IMF, World bank etc, I believe it is also the centre for NISER and research in economics, so it's rocket science, that Economics dept at UI gets a lot of funding. Show me a federal university that has 3 professors in Botany for example.
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by Mires: 2:38pm On Jan 23, 2020
isthatso:

Unilag and ife, I know this for a fact. Every department/faculty is different. Some departments can have 8 professors and some only 1. U.I economics department obviously has funding for 15 professors, not every department will get funding for that many professors. U.I is a pioneer university, it's economics department will have links and funding From external agencies like the Un and World bank etc, I beleive it is also the centre for NISER and research in economics, so it will get a lot of funding. Show me a federal university that has 4 professors in Botany for example.

My brother, let's not argue. For your record, staff of Universities are not paid by the department they belong. It's the responsibility of federal government to pay both teaching and non teaching staff of federal universities through the ministry of education. You can verify for yourself. It's not even universities that pay.

On funding, you are right. However, let me correct an impression. Funding sourced by departments in universities more especially Ui, 10% goes to the central university account and the rest are used by the department for some of its needs such as buying staff, laptops, funding staff for retreat, etc. Note, such fund is not used for staff salary. I repeat, it's not used for salary.

There was a time in the history of Ui that Sociology department had more professors than the department of economics that I earlier quoted. Private universities might not promote faculty member to the rank of a professor for reasons such as funds. I doubt given that they need accreditation. Not federal universities.

In the case of Botany that you cited, I can confidently tell you that where the staff meet up the requirements for the rank of professor, they will be promoted. Let me shock you a little. At Ui, there's no department that doesn't have at least five professors including the Botany that you quoted. Verify please.

Lastly, for promotion in universities, same criteria is used for all departments across a particular University. What delays promotion of some academics where they have met the requirements is institutional factors such as poor management in which the Vice Chancellor is not particular of staff welfare. Even at that, it is not particular department or faculty in the said University. Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 23, 2020
Mires:

My brother, let's not argue. For your record, staff of Universities are not paid by the department they belong. It's the responsibility of federal government to pay both teaching and non teaching staff of federal universities through the ministry of education. You can verify for yourself. It's not even universities that pay.

On funding, you are right. However, let me correct an impression. Funding sourced by departments in universities more especially Ui, 10% goes to the central university account and the rest are used by the department for some of its needs such as buying staff, laptops, funding staff for retreat, etc. Note, such fund is not used for staff salary. I repeat, it's not used for salary.

There was a time in the history of Ui that Sociology department had more professors than the department of economics that I earlier quoted. Private universities might not promote faculty member to the rank of a professor for reasons such as funds. I doubt given that they need accreditation. Not federal universities.

In the case of Botany that you cited, I can confidently tell you that where the staff meet up the requirements for the rank of professor, they will be promoted. Let me shock you a little. At Ui, there's no department that doesn't have at least five professors including the Botany that you quoted. Verify please.

Lastly, for promotion in universities, same criteria is used for all departments across a particular University. What delays promotion of some academics where they have met the requirements is institutional factors such as poor management in which the Vice Chancellor is not particular of staff welfare. Even at that, it is not particular department or faculty in the said University. Shalom.

I know what I am talking about. I just dont want to reveal too much on Nairaland.
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by emmahoney(m): 2:50pm On Jan 23, 2020
Mires:

Let me stop here please.
This is how it works and not what many have posted before you.

2 Likes

Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by Mires: 3:07pm On Jan 23, 2020
emmahoney:
This is how it works and not what many have posted before you.

Thanks for the commendation

1 Like

Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by Mires: 3:08pm On Jan 23, 2020
isthatso:

I know what I am talking about. I just dont want to reveal too much on Nairaland.

Please reveal for some people to learn. It's a discourse.
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by lajoo504: 3:15pm On Jan 23, 2020
philip0906:
Who sponsored this post? Someone is definitely behind this post to pull her down

Pull her down from where? From a position or level she doesn't deserve in the first place?

In a sane environment, she should be answering questions with the police by now.

Nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by lajoo504: 3:31pm On Jan 23, 2020
philip0906:

What false qualifications are you talking about please? Where did you get that theory from in this post? The op NEVER mentioned her using false qualification.

She was hired as a VC at ABUAD...Demoted to Dr at OOU...Fired at OOU

1. No false qualification stated anywhere
2. She was hired as a commisioner by the state. She doesn't need to be a Dr or Phd holder to be a commisioner.

So what exactly is the Op's grouse? Afterall, she's no longer in the academic circle, duly punished (demotion and sack)...So one wonders what the aim of this article is

She was dismissed by OOU in 2016 for financial impropriety.

Is that not enough to disqualified her as a nominee for commissioner position.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by BigfeetNigeria: 3:55pm On Jan 23, 2020
Are you a student in any Nigerian University, Polytechnic or College of education?

Register on the FSL Students' Platform to gain access to the Latest Scholarships and Internships, Competitions and Challenges For Students, Grants, Monetary Support, and Part-time Jobs for students seeking additional income.

https://www.feedbackstrategy.net/registration.php
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by asunmoGGMU(m): 4:01pm On Jan 23, 2020
Mires:

He is right bro. My understanding with NUC accreditation reports that I have partaken is that there are limits to the number of professors you can have in a Department. This is in relation to the number of faculty members in other cadres below them. This is to allow for balance and proper tutelage of those coming up. Do you know Graduate Assistants are not principally allowed to lead a course? The believe is that they are to be attached to a senior faculty that is qualified to lead the course, most times professors. With your submissions, I want to believe you understand the system. All these professors that the GAs are assigned to end up doing nothing in the course and leaving it all to the GAs.

1 Like

Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by asunmoGGMU(m): 4:03pm On Jan 23, 2020
isthatso:

I know where you are driving at, but it is not an issue of funding.
Re: Sidi Osho: Professor & VC At ABUAD, Then Demoted To A Dr. At OOU. Then Sacked by edoairways: 4:27pm On Jan 23, 2020
Freehuman:
Professor Yemi Osibanjo has no Ph.d. He was once head of department , Commissioner of Justice and supervised pH.d Students. Wole Soyinka is a Prof and serves as Emeritus professor in many Universities across the globe. SOYINKA doesn't have a Masters degree. Same as Chinua Achebe.

Professorship is not an academic degree. It is a titled conferred based on a scholar's contribution to his academic field. It doesn't necessarily follow the sequence of B.sc , M.sc and pH.d.

If a department of Social Media Studies is created in Havard today and Mark Zuckerberg lectures there for just two years. He would be made professor in the department whether he has M.sc or not.
That's how professorship works.
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Identical Twins: Adegoke Taiye & Kehinde Graduate With First Class From UNIBADAN / Is Lami Phillips Family The Owner Of Dowen College? / Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.