Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,787 members, 7,817,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s (63208 Views)

Man's Car Burgled Within 12 Minutes Of Using An ATM In Abuja / Man's House Burgled In Umuahia During The Christmas Holidays (Photos) / Oko Polytechnic Student's Room Burgled By Robbers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by ejimatic: 9:15am On Jan 23, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
Here is the picture of robbers that burgle oba market in 1962.
. Nowadays they wear clothes and go with guns...
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by Perfecttouchade: 9:15am On Jan 23, 2020
grin
TheSourcerer:
See My people been tribalistic over a picture almost as old as Nigeria herself
@comments above
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz: 9:21am On Jan 23, 2020
soberdrunk:
Imagine sighting your granddaddy in this disgraceful group picture...... angry
then the adage that the Apple doesn't fall far from the tree will be applied

4 Likes

Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 23, 2020
How come dem get six pack

1 Like

Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by felise123(f): 9:22am On Jan 23, 2020
Na wa o . Long time for naija wey people dey suffer.
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by itsmeolabode: 9:24am On Jan 23, 2020
Thanks where we found ourselves
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by itsmeolabode: 9:24am On Jan 23, 2020
That's where we found ourselves
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by BreconHills(m): 9:24am On Jan 23, 2020
TheSourcerer:
See My people been tribalistic over a picture almost as old as Nigeria herself
@comments above

Tribalism and nationalism is an attempt to simplify complex issues inuo manageable proportions that the brain can easily understand. It actually makes people stupid and is todays most dangerous internet disease.

However many of the people espousing tribal sentiments here also have good friends from the tribes they castigate. Mobile tech allows and supports personality fragmentation of the type we often see here.

The real problem is that oversimplification leaves many parts of the brain dark, neurons dont fire and gradually mental muscle is lost. It is a slow but devastating disease and it takes tremendous will power to escape it. Believe it or not, it is also the governments best friend. Ventilation of opinion reduces the emotional pressure to advocate for change.

Nepotism and a civil war robbed the first generation of their fortune, SAP robbed the second generation and now social media is robbing their children.

3 Likes

Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by itsmeolabode: 9:26am On Jan 23, 2020
What about the second set
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by onlyboyson(m): 9:27am On Jan 23, 2020
SEE THE KIN NONSENSE WEY DEY STOLE FOOLS
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by BuhariAdvocate: 9:28am On Jan 23, 2020
Lol.
ejimatic:
. Nowadays they wear clothes and go with guns...

1 Like

Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by Liposure: 9:30am On Jan 23, 2020
Ancient thieves
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by putin2: 9:33am On Jan 23, 2020
Lol I saw my friend uncle in the pics hahaha,something is in their blood.
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by ajebuter(f): 9:34am On Jan 23, 2020
Now imagine seeing your grandpa or grand-uncle in the pics?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by Bombastically00(m): 9:36am On Jan 23, 2020
FortuneDeGreat:
Imagine your spelling, illiterate!
Oshey nairaland english teacher..��
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by richPHAROAH: 9:38am On Jan 23, 2020
land of arm robbers and oloshos. but i still like their girls
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by Tookool(m): 9:41am On Jan 23, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
You see them put what their stolen on head and you're still ask the punishment they give them.
Is putting what you stole on the head a punishment? You be mumu man
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by BuhariAdvocate: 9:47am On Jan 23, 2020
1963 first Republic. They will try at a competent courtof law. But if its 18th century they will send them away from town.
okomile:
What was their punishments?
Were they killed or imprisoned?

Not complete story OP
grin grin
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by snazzy5050(m): 9:48am On Jan 23, 2020
richPHAROAH:
land of arm robbers and oloshos. but i still like their girls
At least if you want to be an unfortunate being, try and be one that is not an illiterate. The book about this story in particular clearly stated that they were from the east, plus in terms of armed robbery and prostitution i don't think anyone can drag that with the east too.. it should be noted I'm not being tribalistic, but only comparing facts with the assumption you brought on the table, Nitwit .
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by BuhariAdvocate: 9:49am On Jan 23, 2020
If its before independence they will send them on exile. But since its first Republic they will be try at the courtof law.
Tookool:

Is putting what you stole on the head a punishment? You be mumu man
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by BuhariAdvocate: 9:50am On Jan 23, 2020
grin
snazzy5050:
At least if you want to be an unfortunate being, try and be one that is not an illiterate. The book about this story in particular clearly stated that they were from the east, plus in terms of armed robbery and prostitution i don't think anyone can drag that with the east too.. it should be noted I'm not being tribalistic, but only comparing facts with the assumption you brought on the table, Nitwit .
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by HallaDaTruth: 9:54am On Jan 23, 2020
And the gods sorted out their case grin grin grin grin

Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by 8stargeneral: 9:55am On Jan 23, 2020
That's was when burnley defeated Manchester United at Old Trafford... what a history?
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by rexbuton: 9:56am On Jan 23, 2020
Three pages, no knowledge passed, no cover story on the picture, no additional info from users...

Nigeria has become progressively illiterate in recent years.

2 Likes

Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by tradebot: 10:16am On Jan 23, 2020
Be careful this picture carries a spirit that will lure people into stealing..
The wickedness of the wicked shall not stand.

If you are a youth pls pray to shed of these spirits.
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by Boniee(m): 10:33am On Jan 23, 2020
Most of them were sold into slavery as punishment I guess

Their generations b claiming Americans right now grin

1 Like

Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by hardbody: 10:41am On Jan 23, 2020
Boniee:
Most of them were sold into slavery as punishment I guess

Their generations b claiming Americans right now grin

I kinda agree with you, that is if they were not sacrificed to the gods then.
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by Boniee(m): 10:44am On Jan 23, 2020
hardbody:

I kinda agree with you, that is if they were not sacrificed to the gods then.

Its true...
sacrifies is another sad possibility

But back then most of sacrifices were scam as they were sent away into slavery from the backdoor and the priest will den claim d gods av accepted the sacrifice.
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by armadeo(m): 10:52am On Jan 23, 2020
soberdrunk:
Imagine sighting your granddaddy in this disgraceful group picture...... angry

This guy you no well.

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ghanaian Police Officer Commits Suicide After She Was Dumped By Her Fiancé / Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa / Woman And Her Pastor Lover To Die By Hanging For Killing Husband (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.