Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,012 members, 7,814,454 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu (23277 Views)

Nigeria Won’t Float Naira, Emefiele Tells IMF, World Bank / Oke Obi-Enadhuze Who Tweeted ‘Nigeria Won’t End Me’ #EndSARS Protest Buried / Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 11:53am On Jan 23, 2020
F117nighthawk:
You are calling a HARD FACT speculation, u think the US GOVERNMENT are as dull, unintelligent and clueless and lack direction like BUHARI GOVERNMENT, they know many things are not just right and BUHARI government is a joke,Insecurity issues like boko haram, kidnapping, herdsmen and bandits attack, almost on daily basis, no specific solution to all these problems, the clueless government continue to live in denial

So that's why they placing a ban on us because of what you listed and Saudi Arabia the chief sponsor of terrorism is in a hot romance with US.

Even after killing Jamal, The romance continues.

Trump does not just want Nigerians. We have dented our reputation and it's well known.
Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by Urchman200: 12:10pm On Jan 23, 2020
Simplyleo:

Honestly Donald Trumpchuku really needs to consider we igbo christians because the bulk of his winning votes came from us. cool
old man behaving like a kid because of politics, igbos will continue to speak against ur lord and personal saviour and his tyrannical government and supporters.

2 Likes

Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by yahoosurepass(m): 12:13pm On Jan 23, 2020
grin
Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by DAVE5(m): 12:22pm On Jan 23, 2020
brownemmanuel43:

Well, if I were in their shoes, I will equally ban nigeria. When there is too much killing and kidnapping and govt is not doing anything about it. Do u think that foreign countries are not reading it, fulani will rape, kidnap and kill, yet we hv GCFR

Even while there were killings and terrosism our useless president was galavanting from country to country begging foreign investors to come and invest in his dwindling economy, who would invest in such...

Meanwhile there are idiots all over the place supporting this government when we should all rise and demand our rights or throw the useless government out of power so serious minded folks can rule

We never suffer reach?

1 Like

Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by DAVE5(m): 12:29pm On Jan 23, 2020
OnyesomJ:
They should Ban Bubu from London
Abeg
I go like am die grin grin

Let the ban extend to every single human being carrying a Nigerian passport whether or not he has a dual nationality/identity

Countries like Saudi Arabia to Dubai to the full Arab Emirates or countries, South Africa, Canada, Germany etc should ban us, they should also ban is from collecting loans, that way we would work to build ourselves
Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by bellenornor(f): 12:30pm On Jan 23, 2020
Simplyleo:
I don't even understand how this travel ban works. It will be all over the places that a country doesn't welcome Nigerians, yet I have been to some of those countries without any hitch, and indeed got all privileges accorded a foreigner.

Infact, in the heat of South African Xenophobia, I was still sent to Johannesburg and was treated as a foreigner with all necessary privileges for 3 weeks. So how does this ban really work?

Though all my foreign trips are official, I have this feeling there is no country I want to go on my own that I can't go, ban or no ban.

Congratulations then.
Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by DAVE5(m): 1:00pm On Jan 23, 2020
Kingsteve:
Nigerians, una never see something yet.
This is just the beginning.
There will come a time, even with all your looted funds, most countries will still deny you visa.
You all die here!

Denying us Visa would be a great idea to me currently bro... Not just citizens ohh abeg, denying Visa even to the highest idiot of all, our glorified president, just like how they ban Roman abramovic at the beginning of this current football season

Business men ohh: ban
Presodent: ban
Super rich: ban
Dangote: ban
Senators: ban
Sick gan sef: ban
Ministers: ban
Engineers: ban
Doctors: ban
Celebrities: ban
Me: ban
My wife and future children: ban
My family currently planing to travel abroad: ban
My family already abroad: ban and sent back
Governors: ban
Students: ban
Poor man: ban
Rich man: ban
All Nigerians: ban

Let's see if things would not start getting better

If they don't ban us, we would believe we can up and run out if things get bad, but if we know we can't up and run, we go fix our house

1 Like

Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 23, 2020
fairfora:
I travel too. I was in USA twice last year on business vacation. Those who are mostly affected are first time travellers and students. Some frequent travellers to had a bad experience at the US embassy in recent times. Are you also aware that, our government quickly released sowore and dasuki suddenly because some government officials with usa valid Visa had their visa recalled for visa cancellation? Why did you think the release was so sudden, contrary to what garba shehu and our brother adesina said after the DSS invaded our court in a commando style? A lot is happening in this government which you'd never be aware of, until it gets escalated
I was a first time traveller about a year and half ago but everything went smoothly,within a month I was approved.This thing really depends on several things we might not understand,and I'm not above 25
Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 23, 2020
fairfora:
You're right on the old people getting their Visa application approved. No amount of money would determine your eligibility sir. US VOs would hardly even ask for your bank statement these days.
Lol,I perceive those VOs are more concerned with your body language than your money.
Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by PicLtd: 2:12pm On Jan 23, 2020
Esseite:

And how would Trump or the US differentiate between shiite and Sunnis on visa ban?

Shiite muslims can be assumed Iranian allies while bokoharam are obviously not shiites.

Neither can he segregate Visa policies between Nigerian Christians and muslims.. so he lumped us all together.

The Americans are not fools, they know the difference between the Eastern Igbo Christians and muslims in the North and yorubaland.
America Visa officers are even here on NL.
Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by ChimaAdeoye: 2:48pm On Jan 23, 2020
Who would blame America for banning holders of Nigerian passport??

Already, it is all over facebook that under the new Buhari Visa policy, many foreign terrorists are flocking to use Nigerian travel documents to access the western countries, especially the United States! Hiding under the huge Nigerian diaspora community, it will be much harder to detect a Somali Al'shabaab terrorist holding Nigerian passport!

Why should Buhari make it easy for these types of faceless people to get into Nigeria and get our travel documents?

2 Likes

Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by nograv: 3:34pm On Jan 23, 2020
ModestGal:

When Nigerians are descendants of slaves, we will always want to do mumu for the white people. Its like you all don't know that the reason why America is great today is because of the enslavements of other Nations in years back. And some of the ongoing policies. Just like someone in this forum out in his signature
Will you like to be friends with a rich guy that inherited wealth from his great grandfather that robbed, mutilated and killed your own great grandfather. Africans too like to worship white people, that's why sometimes, I feel like we are cursed in Africa.
And to all the people saying its CX of the fact that we are bad, crime rates in America is also very high, Americans are good at hypocritical behaviour of packaging themselves as good and terming other countries as bad.

Mumu speak for yourself. Nigeria is not Liberia idiot. I can see you didnt go to school, so I will educate you.

Most Nigerians are not the descendants of slaves. The majority of the population are from groups that did indeed trade in slaves but remained in the region with their profits.

If we were Liberians then I would agree with you, a significant proportion of their population is made of returnee slaves. While some slaves did return to Nigeria, notably from Brazil and the United States, the numbers were far smaller.

Learn history before you go spouting nonsense..

All nations exploit some population in one way or the other to get rich, that is how capitalism works. It could be an external population as in the European case under colonialism. Or one's own population in the case of Russia or China, essentially turning a good proportion of their own countrymen into pseudo slaves to advance economically. Unless you believe every Chinese worker grows up dreaming of working in a factory 12 hours a day for 30 years with no holiday!!!

mumu

1 Like

Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by Nature8(m): 3:41pm On Jan 23, 2020
Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by Coloradowater: 4:06pm On Jan 23, 2020
God bless America, good move, I was expecting this a long time ago, as the rate of insecurity is skyrocketing on a daily basis! I pray other western countries & UAE take the same step, it's now or never, Nigeria need to work & do it the hard way. Ban the President & all the prodigal Senate's, Ban celebrities and the rich. Poor are already disqualified even before the issue of travel ban arises. Once again God bless America.
Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by IJEYdiamond(f): 4:23pm On Jan 23, 2020
Make una do the needful... cheesy grin grin

Interested....

ijeybest8@gmail.com

Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by NaijirianKing: 5:30pm On Jan 23, 2020
Interesting.

SangoOlukosoOba:

So that's why they placing a ban on us because of what you listed and Saudi Arabia the chief sponsor of terrorism is in a hot romance with US.

Even after killing Jamal, The romance continues.

Trump does not just want Nigerians. We have dented our reputation and it's well known.

Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by Legendguru: 5:59pm On Jan 23, 2020
Hmmm
Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by miketayo(m): 6:54pm On Jan 23, 2020
stevmatt15:

please verify, not all.
FIRST BANK don't give 500 in ATM.
I mean their ATM don't show option for 500

can a FirstBank debit card withdraw 500 naira from any ATM?
answer is Yes

1 Like

Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by CSTR2: 7:47pm On Jan 23, 2020
You would be fooling yourself if you think terrorism is why Nigeria is being blacklisted.
it is not. The problem is irrelevance.
Saudi citizens attempted an attack on a US warship and the US government covered it up.
Exposing it too much would be bad for business.
Any other country and the US would have reacted harshly.

O'breemer said in davos that the biggest challenge in the 21st century would be fighting irrelevance.
He said it is better to be exploited than to be irrelevant.

Nigeria is irrelevant. We had 30 years to build our country, and we didn't.
Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 23, 2020
I dont really understand this.

Is it denying biz visa or education , migrant, health tourism and holiday.
Which one?
Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by OnyesomJ(m): 8:21pm On Jan 23, 2020
DAVE5:

Let the ban extend to every single human being carrying a Nigerian passport whether or not he has a dual nationality/identity

Countries like Saudi Arabia to Dubai to the full Arab Emirates or countries, South Africa, Canada, Germany etc should ban us, they should also ban is from collecting loans, that way we would work to build ourselves
Because of why?!
Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 23, 2020
emddi:
Lol,I perceive those VOs are more concerned with your body language than your money.
exactly. They're psychologists
Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 23, 2020
emddi:
I was a first time traveller about a year and half ago but everything went smoothly,within a month I was approved.This thing really depends on several things we might not understand,and I'm not above 25
yea but like I said earlier, all these started last year. Your visa could have been approved much earlier. Nigerians and the national assembly even reacted to the massive refusal which affected mainly students. Some were on scholarship yet, had their application rejected. I started visiting america in 2004, I've never left the shores of Nigeria, not even a visit to the neighbouring benin republic before then. My first visa was US visa. They've never been so strict. They first started by suspending drop box system which us frequent travelers have been enjoying.
Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by DAVE5(m): 9:40pm On Jan 23, 2020
OnyesomJ:
Because of why?!

Because Nigeria is blessed with so much natural resources which the government and entire populace have failed to take advantage of instead we are quick to run out to look for greener pastures outside our country meanwhile the places we're running to worked hard to put their countries in the position it currently is

If they ban our president from places like UK and US, the mumu would develop the public health sector to match the one he would have wasted our common national treasury to go for

I don't know how much he wastes on his health trips to London but ur guess is as good as mine, it would be in the huge millions zone
Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by Litmus: 10:14pm On Jan 23, 2020
CSTR2:
You would be fooling yourself if you think terrorism is why Nigeria is being blacklisted.
it is not. The problem is irrelevance.
Saudi citizens attempted an attack on a US warship and the US government covered it up.
Exposing it too much would be bad for business.
Any other country and the US would have reacted harshly.

O'breemer said in davos that the biggest challenge in the 21st century would be fighting irrelevance.
He said it is better to be exploited than to be irrelevant.

Nigeria is irrelevant. We had 30 years to build our country, and we didn't.

What about this: far from being irrelevant, Nigerians in America have been so progressive they are overturning many of the racial stereotyping on which the white society justified past racial injustices against African Americans and built their own White racial confidence. Trump being a racist and being wealthy and consequently a part of the top echelon of society that enjoyed some of the largess derived from these racial hierarchy understands the irritant Nigerians, in their racial-stereotype-destroying brilliance, are proving to this cosy status quo. When he came to power, he exploited the support his Homeland security polices against international terrorism was getting from Americans and the world, generally, to disproportionately target Nigerians. He is further embolden in this targeting of Nigerians, based on racism disguised as fighting terrorism security and other popular Nigerian serotypes, by the fact that African Americans are against Nigerians also. Effectively Trump is killing two black birds with one stone ( he is perpetrating racism against blacks generally disguised as targeting Nigerians).
Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by Thegamingorca(m): 10:26pm On Jan 23, 2020
Esseite:

And it just happened the ban came after the solidarity March of muslims with Iran?...
you can imagine....no wonder dey also added other Muslim African and eastern Europe countries.

Chai...when Poland is Getting their visa applications waived to enter US in short visa on arrival on arrival in us soil my country is busy being banned from dreaming of enterinh.
Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by 9jaRealist: 5:54am On Jan 24, 2020
EXCELLENT!
>
Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by Cuntface: 7:19am On Jan 24, 2020
Simplyleo:
I don't even understand how this travel ban works. It will be all over the places that a country doesn't welcome Nigerians, yet I have been to some of those countries without any hitch, and indeed got all privileges accorded a foreigner.

Infact, in the heat of South African Xenophobia, I was still sent to Johannesburg and was treated as a foreigner with all necessary privileges for 3 weeks. So how does this ban really work?

Though all my foreign trips are official, I have this feeling there is no country I want to go on my own that I can't go, ban or no ban.

See person wey no fit afford 3 square meals.
Na for mushin you go rot
Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by Thazard(m): 12:27pm On Jan 25, 2020
fairfora:
Travel ban, the one which has already taken effect codedly? I learnt US embassy has been busy refusing people visa like pure water since the last quarter of 2019, lol. Next level things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Edo Election: I Won't Challenge Obaseki’s Victory, Says Ize-Iyamu / Buhari Kicks-off Summit For Ministers-designate Ahead Of Swearing-in (photos) / Dangote Crashes Diesel Price To ₦‎1,000 Per Litre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.