Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 - Jobs/Vacancies (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 (144073 Views)

Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2022 / Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2021 / PwC Graduate Recruitment 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Writerchic: 8:16pm On Jul 06, 2020
Emails have strarted dropping
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Wickedinlaw: 8:17pm On Jul 06, 2020
iamwok:
Mail has landed grin grin
May we not attract curses to ourselves oo undecided
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by CaptainAfrica: 8:22pm On Jul 06, 2020
Those of you saying that email has landed, are you sure of what you are saying. Please let us all be guided. E ni se oribu ooo.
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Cousiim: 8:26pm On Jul 06, 2020
CaptainAfrica:
Those of you saying that email has landed, are you sure of what you are saying. Please let us all be guided. E ni se oribu ooo.
it’s true!

1 Like

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by eureka01: 8:27pm On Jul 06, 2020
It's true o.
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by ObianujuU: 8:28pm On Jul 06, 2020
Guys, check your email box
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by iamwok: 8:33pm On Jul 06, 2020
Wickedinlaw:

May we not attract curses to ourselves oo undecided

Check ur inbox bro
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by nena2014: 10:07pm On Jul 06, 2020
Scholar94:
Thank you so much @ Nena2014. I really appreciate the prayers. But unfortunately, I didn't make it beyond verification this time. It's really so painful but I have to accept the reality and face others in front of me. I hope very soon I'm gonna have much to talk about.

I don't know how to express my feelings in this text. But the truth is I know how you feel currently and am so sorry for PwC love letter, I was once in your shoe. But one thing that sustained me was my desire to continue to strive until I got what I wanted. I have read through some of your post and realized that you are really Smart.
I would advice you continue your good work. Many more opportunities would come and am sure you would get something very better soon.
Just don't give up. sad

9 Likes

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Wickedinlaw: 11:44pm On Jul 06, 2020
The personality test is more difficult than the maths and verbal questions.... Only grace can speak for you at this point
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by iamwok: 12:03am On Jul 07, 2020
Wickedinlaw:
The personality test is more difficult than the maths and verbal questions.... Only grace can speak for you at this point

Have u done urs?
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Wickedinlaw: 2:15am On Jul 07, 2020
iamwok:

Have u done urs?
Yes
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Julietayoola: 3:55am On Jul 07, 2020
Pls oooo dis I like established methods is it a good thing
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Wickedinlaw: 7:20am On Jul 07, 2020
Are we expected to spend just 25mins for real?
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by iamwok: 7:26am On Jul 07, 2020
Wickedinlaw:
Are we expected to spend just 25mins for real?

No. It's not timed
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by hazeez22: 11:43am On Jul 07, 2020
Chapter 5 of the textbook attached is a perfect guide for SHL occupational personality questionnaire...
Link below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ne3nTGX7929PKQaEtDSp-KzRqXEE6byp/view?usp=drivesdk
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by ObianujuU: 12:34pm On Jul 07, 2020
Guys, how long before the results for OPQ is out? My heart is jumping out of my chest�
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by cycklerhimself: 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2020
Completed the OPQ assessment this morning. And I’ll succinctly share my thoughts below:

To me, this OPQ was quite unique in the sense that I never come across the question style during my numerous personality practice exercises - It wasn’t the usual most/least like me pattern. I was presented with three statements and was asked to choose the one that best describes me. After that, I was asked to choose from remaining two options the statement that best describes me again. So in a way, it’s kinda like selecting the most/least like me, only that, in this case, the one option that I fail to choose from the original three will be coded as that which is least like me.

That said, however, i think it’s fundamentally the same with the sole purpose of matching your responses to a personality trait (likely The Big 5 e.g., Extraversion, Agreeableness, Conscientiousness, Neuroticism and Openness.) It’s of course useful to know and even integrate the PWC core values (where possible) into the features that best describe your relationships with people, thinking style, feelings and emotions but, I think consistency and detailed attentiveness to the substance of the statements are vitally important.

Oh, and watch out for trade-offs, where you’d be required to choose between skills and competencies that seem equally desirable or undesirable. I think the trick here might be to call to mind the core values of PWC and chose that which best describes you – consistent with your previous selections. Also be aware of statements that are reverse coded (these are statements that essentially describe the same thing but phrased differently) such as: ‘I hate to lose’ and ‘to win is vitally important to me’ or ‘have faith in other people’ and ‘people can be relied upon’ etc.

Best of luck to everyone.

12 Likes

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by bright8569: 2:08pm On Jul 07, 2020
cycklerhimself:
Completed the OPQ assessment this morning. And I’ll succinctly share my thoughts below:

To me, this OPQ was quite unique in the sense that I never come across the question style during my numerous personality practice exercises - It wasn’t the usual most/least like me pattern. I was presented with three statements and was asked to choose the one that best describes me. After that, I was asked to choose from remaining two options the statement that best describes me again. So in a way, it’s kinda like selecting the most/least like me, only that, in this case, the one option that I fail to choose from the original three will be coded as that which is least like me.

That said, however, i think it’s fundamentally the same with the sole purpose of matching your responses to a personality trait (likely The Big 5 e.g., Extraversion, Agreeableness, Conscientiousness, Neuroticism and Openness.) It’s of course useful to know and even integrate the PWC core values (where possible) into the features that best describe your relationships with people, thinking style, feelings and emotions but, I think consistency and detailed attentiveness to the substance of the statements are vitally important.

Oh, and watch out for trade-offs, where you’d be required to choose between skills and competencies that seem equally desirable or undesirable. I think the trick here might be to call to mind the core values of PWC and chose that which best describes you – consistent with your previous selections. Also be aware of statements that are reverse coded (these are statements that essentially describe the same thing but phrased differently) such as: ‘I hate to lose’ and ‘to win is vitally important to me’ or ‘have faith in other people’ and ‘people can be relied upon’ etc.

Best of luck to everyone.

Was camera monitoring involved.
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by SamsonOT: 3:53pm On Jul 07, 2020
bright8569:

Nope
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Julietayoola: 8:38pm On Jul 07, 2020
Oluwa is involved
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Eryckah911(f): 11:00pm On Jul 07, 2020
bright8569:

Yes please. Before you start they will inform you that you're being monitored so be careful
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Julietayoola: 5:09am On Jul 08, 2020
bright8569:

It is monitored and expected time 25 minutes
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Qizzie: 7:01am On Jul 08, 2020
There was no time count down sha. But expected completion time id 25 minutes but i believe you can use more than that. If you are to slow to respond. The system will caution you that you shouldn't over think and always pick your first reaction. If you're to fast they will tell you hope you're noticing the repetition of statement that you shouldn't panic, just pick the best option that describes you.

It is a tiring test not easy. But do not rush it because of the expected completion time
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Qizzie: 7:03am On Jul 08, 2020
Do not forget. There's no wrong or right answer. Consistency is the key.
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Presbeuo(m): 8:38am On Jul 08, 2020
Qizzie:
There was no time count down sha. But expected completion time id 25 minutes but i believe you can use more than that. If you are to slow to respond. The system will caution you that you shouldn't over think and always pick your first reaction. If you're to fast they will tell you hope you're noticing the repetition of statement that you shouldn't panic, just pick the best option that describes you.

It is a tiring test not easy. But do not rush it because of the expected completion time

Thanks for the info. Was the test proctored?
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Qizzie: 8:41am On Jul 08, 2020
Presbeuo:

Thanks for the info. Was the test proctored?

Yes it was
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Presbeuo(m): 8:46am On Jul 08, 2020
Qizzie:

Yes it was
I'm surprised though, my camera wasn't on throughout the test.
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 08, 2020
This was the most challenging stage for me. I felt like the questions wouldn't end. I wish ushe all the very best.
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by cycklerhimself: 10:18am On Jul 08, 2020
One question that keeps coming to my mind is this: what then is the purpose of the test if there aren't any right/wrong answers?

In my opinion, the advice that states that "there are no right or wrong answers on the personality test" is frankly, quite misleading. I mean, the OPQ is used for screening purposes to help recruiters select the ideal candidate(s) for each job. When recruiters analyze my personality test results, they'd try to determine whether my personality matches the personality of the ideal candidate for the role. Therefore, to my mind, there are indeed right and wrong answers that relate to specific job criteria. Otherwise, the purpose of the test becomes less clear if all answers are potentially "correct".

I'd like to know what you guys think.

6 Likes

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Faizee32: 10:25am On Jul 08, 2020
cycklerhimself:
One question that keeps coming to my mind is this: what then is the purpose of the test if there aren't any right/wrong answers?

In my opinion, the advice that states that "there are no right or wrong answers on the personality test" is frankly, quite misleading. I mean, the OPQ is used for screening purposes to help recruiters select the ideal candidate(s) for each job. When recruiters analyze my personality test results, they'd try to determine whether my personality matches the personality of the ideal candidate for the role. Therefore, to my mind, there are indeed right and wrong answers that relate to specific job criteria. Otherwise, the purpose of the test becomes less clear if all answers are potentially "correct".

My opinion is, an online personality is highly unreliable considering the fact that the questions are too much(tiring) and contradicting themselves. The best way to go about it is through asking the personality questions physically. But all the best to everyone

2 Likes

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Craemie101(m): 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2020
cycklerhimself:

I just completed my OPQ assessment and truthfully it was the most challenging of all the assessments we have done so far.
I learnt from someone "in the system" that this same test is given to some of the best performing PWC staffs worldwide and the closeness of our answers to theirs would be the major criteria for passing the test. I don't know how true this is. I just hope for the best by God's grace.
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by eureka01: 7:29pm On Jul 09, 2020
Please let's be properly informed. The test was not proctored. There was only a page like that which was seen for those who did the online verification test last month.
But permission to access webcam was not made, which must be enabled for remote monitoring .

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (59) (Reply)

Nirsal And Cbn Recruitment Is Going On / Diamond Bank 2015 Recruitment / Inec Apointment 2013 (newly Apointed Staffs )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.