Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? (61167 Views)

I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? / Boy Fights With His Father In Abia For Not Giving Him Money For Food / My Wife Wants Me To Beg For Intercourse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 23, 2020
cool
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by welturebotanical: 1:00pm On Jan 23, 2020
If u got enough money u can loan him, but make sure, I said make sure he pen down is signature on a paper agreeing he borrowed the money.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by crackhouse(m): 1:01pm On Jan 23, 2020
Your friend is stupid.

11 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Investmentfreak: 1:01pm On Jan 23, 2020
izospindle:
A Friend Wanted Me To Lend Him Money I Told Him This. Am I Wrong?

So a friend of mine told me that his girlfriend is about to lose her admission, because school fee deadline is tomorrow. He asked me to lend him 70k.

I know how he loves this girl so I asked him to fill a form before I give him the money. Am I wrong for doing that?

He started saying a whole lot of things and has not spoken to me since. Note this is half of all my savings and I have a purpose for this particular fund just that the time has not come.

Advice is needed please

I beg you in the name of God don’t give him, I swear I am sorry to say this but I mistakenly fell for this scam few days ago
I have called taya
I have cried
I have fasted
I have beg
I have threaten
I have curse
I have bless
Yet the money is not coming , now I am a bad person for helping someone In need..
If you can’t forever forget about the money ,DONT GIVE.
People are genuinely wicked this days

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by SouthSouth1914: 1:01pm On Jan 23, 2020
Borrow him what you can afford to loose!
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by coldFLARES1(m): 1:02pm On Jan 23, 2020
izospindle:

So a friend of mine told me that his girlfriend is about to lose her admission, because school fee deadline is tomorrow. He asked me to lend him 70k.

I know how he loves this girl so I asked him to fill a form before I give him the money. Am I wrong for doing that?

He started saying a whole lot of things and has not spoken to me since. Note this is half of all my savings and I have a purpose for this particular fund just that the time has not come.

Advice is needed please
Don't dare do it.

Way back, a friend quite particular about my 'progress' as an undergraduate scholar brought his nephew to make a business proposition to me that is supposed to be an equal partnership.

We drew an agreement and I made my equity contribution but was shocked not to find any profits to share as per our agreement, when the date fell due. Of course I took drastic measures which produced a fraction of my investment but ended up destroying the friendship (no apologies).

Not against helping a friend, but rendering assistance for a purpose which doesn't profit him directly is taking a hugely very risky gamble..... and you would lose!

He wants to make up the fees of a gf? Makes it even worse! Let's not talk about monies lost to such enterprise at all. Just tell him to gamble with his money so he can learn his lessons when it's break time.

How young men wilfully take on responsibilities they shouldn't contemplate is beyond me. She no get papa?

My brother, if your friendship should end because you have refused to funnel your funds to take care of your friend's foolishness, let it end! Just take 2k from your savings and get 2 other friends to a roadside bar to drink beer because you would have lost the whole of your 70k.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Zombiekiller010: 1:02pm On Jan 23, 2020
shocked
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by honestivo(m): 1:02pm On Jan 23, 2020
from your observation does the girl deserved that ?
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 23, 2020
OP, the guy dey borrow your John Thomas for use in the other room?

5 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Boschh(m): 1:03pm On Jan 23, 2020
The old men of Kuvuki land said:

He who goes a-borrowing goes a-sorrowing..

Don't part with money you cannot afford to lose..
Lend him only what you can afford to bear if matters go South..

3 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Eaglefine(f): 1:04pm On Jan 23, 2020
Since he decided not to talk to u, pls let him be and face ur life.
Let every man bear his own cross in peace smiley

7 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Akachukwu42(m): 1:04pm On Jan 23, 2020
Don't borrow what you cannot afford to lose.
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Freiburger(m): 1:04pm On Jan 23, 2020
One rule of thumb, don’t lend out what you can’t afford to part with. Especially when can’t see any possibility of him paying back.

Before you guys become enemies.

4 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Collins4u1(m): 1:04pm On Jan 23, 2020
Give me that guys number, the "lender"

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Bebson007(m): 1:04pm On Jan 23, 2020
my brother I work in a loan firm, there is nothing my eyes hasn't seen. you replied in a very matured way.
maturity is defined as the process by which you don't say No or yes.., you gave him a nice reason because as he is right now.... he in engulfed with love which has blinded him from seeing the future. lend him the money now when it's time to pay back you will be hearing all sort of stories.
you might see people to be nice but once your money gets to their hands that's when the true identity will emerge.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Neddstark: 1:04pm On Jan 23, 2020
Me I for just lie say I'm trying to startup a new business and that is the capital. Your response will affect the friendship though

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by omoh17(m): 1:05pm On Jan 23, 2020
A copy of the form biko
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by madridsta007(m): 1:05pm On Jan 23, 2020
izospindle:

Advice is needed please

You should have simply said that you didnt have the money.

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Geesaintagape: 1:05pm On Jan 23, 2020
Thank ur God for not lending him such money.
The girl's parent should go n borrow

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by wizkidblogger(f): 1:06pm On Jan 23, 2020
ForeThinker:
It's your money...even for bank him go fill form

Lending money to someone this days eh ....

Na u go beg for ONLY 50 % later

i tell you grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Perfecttouchade: 1:06pm On Jan 23, 2020
Probably you must have disclose alot about that money to your friend...but why would the idiot be angry on top your own money...make he go meet bobrisky cheesy

8 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Wickedtruths: 1:07pm On Jan 23, 2020
Divinelady:
. How is he a bad friend? Cos he wants to help a friend who is in need?

Is the girl an orphan?
Or she is crippled that she can't work?

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by jaxxy(m): 1:07pm On Jan 23, 2020
izospindle:

Advice is needed please

U have done nothing wrong. Why? Cos the galfrnd is will not even appreciate this great act of kindness once she gets to her 2nd level. Also ur frnd needs to prove he can pay back as at when due if he’s certain she deserves such support from him.

Most Women don’t appreciate nada. Unless ur giving it to him to give her as charity or for God sakes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Happyguy201: 1:07pm On Jan 23, 2020
Guys dey do foolish things ooo imagine borrowing money to pay for a girl school fees

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by TheTruthNews: 1:08pm On Jan 23, 2020
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Sweeetheart(m): 1:09pm On Jan 23, 2020
I once had a spillover in uni because of this, those period when I still dey carry love for head

never will I allow any of my relatives or friends to invest on undergraduate ladies.

seems the Op is not a goal getter, you're saving money to make a life for yourself and you want to borrow it out? I suffer for that for many Years, losing focus while saving is a threat to financial sustainability

you better move with friends that will give you the ideas that will multiply your savings rather than those that will drag you back to the grass

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Remix10(m): 1:09pm On Jan 23, 2020
That's the best for you, a friend I borrowed 50k for his business to pay me in a week time is still owing me, its a year and 6 months now. Anytime I ask for my money he will say am insulting him because of a lean bar, bro I don see something, so anything you can do to safeguard your hard-earned money. please do and never look back unless you want stories. Friends ain't loyal just likes hoes.

8 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by vickydevoka(m): 1:10pm On Jan 23, 2020
Amsickindahead:
You are a real G.I don't think that guy deserves to be called your friend..
Uve said my mind dude, dat guy ain't a friend.
Even if my brother ask me to fill form I see no problem with that in as much I am going to pay back

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by stagger: 1:11pm On Jan 23, 2020
She must have used her fees to buy iPhone. Most girls of today na fish brain dem get.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Okeytus(m): 1:12pm On Jan 23, 2020
don't lend money to anyone especially friends with shallow or unknown financial status out of emotion, carefully study his ability to pay back before you lend.

6 Likes

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by MartinsD12(m): 1:12pm On Jan 23, 2020
izospindle:

Advice is needed please
Don't give a dime to that your useless friend, if he is man enough he should provide the 70k himself I don't encourage borrowing for useless things like girlfriend stuff and you said it's half of your savings, never you gamble with your savings except for some good reason

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? / Lady Begins Search For A Life Partner For Her Mother (Photo) / 3 Nice Girls. What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.