Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? (61174 Views)

I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? / Boy Fights With His Father In Abia For Not Giving Him Money For Food / My Wife Wants Me To Beg For Intercourse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by loswhite(m): 10:57pm On Jan 23, 2020
Divinelady:
. How is he a bad friend? Cos he wants to help a friend who is in need?
When you give birth to your son advice him to borrow money to pay his girlfriend school fees

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by pinkus: 11:03pm On Jan 23, 2020
Make e go borrow from lapo
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 23, 2020
vincentjk:

When I've been offering him help but told him to return the 3k and he decided to avoid me

Just like owning a transaction shop and a friend asked for loan and you granted him

You're the one being stupid
I was calling out a moniker called 'Stupidity'

That is not to mean that you are stupid...
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Brainboxfid(f): 11:51pm On Jan 23, 2020
mtinfx:
Lol girl is a thief
how?

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by captain247: 1:55am On Jan 24, 2020
MedicH:

Hmm ur gini? U say wetin? Rips ko rest in peaces ni!

Na u go rest in peaces nonsense!
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 2:16am On Jan 24, 2020
izospindle:
A Friend Wanted Me To Lend Him Money I Told Him This. Am I Wrong?

So a friend of mine told me that his girlfriend is about to lose her admission, because school fee deadline is tomorrow. He asked me to lend him 70k.

I know how he loves this girl so I asked him to fill a form before I give him the money. Am I wrong for doing that?

He started saying a whole lot of things and has not spoken to me since. Note this is half of all my savings and I have a purpose for this particular fund just that the time has not come.

Advice is needed please

So what is his repayment plan ? Borrowing is not the issue. The main issue is ability to repay. Use your head.

Some will borrow for business but end up using it to pay a lady's fees only for the girl to later dropout of school when you withdraw your largesse from them. Some will stay in your house and can't pay rent yet feeding a girl who is not his wife.

Stupid men collect loan to spend on women. Any woman staying with such a man is even more stupid. Unsustainable lifestyles.

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 2:22am On Jan 24, 2020
Davash222:

That uncle is well packaged fool!

70k wey e suppose use buy 3 weeks old Broilers dey train, na em e wan use dey train one local fowl for school.

Economic sense is zero for some people. Later, he will relocate to village. Soonest. The girl will jump to the next highest bidder.
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 2:27am On Jan 24, 2020
Divinelady:
. How is he a bad friend? Cos he wants to help a friend who is in need?

Please don't comment on every issue.
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Hifeylove: 6:01am On Jan 24, 2020
So you boys are still in the era of borrowing money to pay girlfriends school fee... and end the end of her schooling we will hear story that touches the heart... common bring that 70k and all Nairalanders let go and drink beer..
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Oselu28(f): 6:18am On Jan 24, 2020
borrow people what you can dash them..simple

no need for plenty talk abeg
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 24, 2020
Sarah20A:
1st Timothy 5vs8,proverbs 31vs 28to 31,Titus 2vs 5,genesis 1vs 27.and please keep your 5k to yourself or for those who need it more than I do embarassed you 21st generational broke ass men wants women to be taking care of all your responsibilities and still want to eat your cakes and have it back.
bread winning is also an assistance Hope you know that.
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by icare44iiiiii: 8:06am On Jan 24, 2020
Financially Survive in Campus" The information in this short report is helping students lived a financially free life on campus..

As a fresher or returning students, having access to this short report is one of the best things you will do for yourself, and the earlier you have access to this report, the better for you..

Send an email to

cares2fid@outlook.com

to have access to this report..You will thank me latter as others did...

Kindly note: Its not compulsory neither is it mandatory, but if you want to live a financially free life on campus, you will break all barrers to get this report...
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by LORDKing001: 8:14am On Jan 24, 2020
izospindle:
A Friend Wanted Me To Lend Him Money I Told Him This. Am I Wrong?

So a friend of mine told me that his girlfriend is about to lose her admission, because school fee deadline is tomorrow. He asked me to lend him 70k.

I know how he loves this girl so I asked him to fill a form before I give him the money. Am I wrong for doing that?

He started saying a whole lot of things and has not spoken to me since. Note this is half of all my savings and I have a purpose for this particular fund just that the time has not come.

Advice is needed please
Tell him to try loan app
Please ensure you branch to pay when the time is due

Earn ₦ 500 and get a fast, affordable loan with Branch! Get the Branch app: https://branch.co/download/c3j9ud Be sure to enter my promo code c3j9ud to get ₦ 500 in credit after repaying your first loan.
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by LORDKing001: 8:15am On Jan 24, 2020
icare44iiiiii:
Financially Survive in Campus" The information in this short report is helping students lived a financially free life on campus..

As a fresher or returning students, having access to this short report is one of the best things you will do for yourself, and the earlier you have access to this report, the better for you..

Send an email to

cares2fid@outlook.com

to have access to this report..You will thank me latter as others did...

Kindly note: Its not compulsory neither is it mandatory, but if you want to live a financially free life on campus, you will break all barrers to get this report...
Na free or t&c
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by AfroKnight: 8:25am On Jan 24, 2020
Davash222:

That uncle is well packaged fool!

70k wey e suppose use buy 3 weeks old Broilers dey train, na em e wan use dey train one local fowl for school.

Bro, you have made me laugh so much today. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Abeg take.

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Platony(m): 8:45am On Jan 24, 2020
I just hope u haven't given him d money.
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by giddybiggy(m): 9:19am On Jan 24, 2020
You want to borrow out what you can't afford to loss..funny youYou want to borrow out what you can't afford to loss..funny youYou want to borrow out what you can't afford to loss..funny you
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by izospindle(m): 9:58am On Jan 24, 2020
payperpost:
OP, the guy dey borrow your John Thomas for use in the other room?
Savage grin
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by capsule(m): 11:21am On Jan 24, 2020
Well, I always know that you shouldn't lend (give) out cash you can't let go.
I have this friend, same high school, uni. He hammered first, now His biz isn't picking up as usual (competition and babes)
I don't have the habit of asking ppl for cash, but mehn, this guy rarely rolled with me. He had (still has) a car but his clique changed, and off course, I wasn't among. Didn't feel bad.
Well, I'm a quiet person, kept working on my plan.
Last year, heaven picked my call, now same guy has been biting me. Got so bad dude was calling me every time, asking me to lend him 300k, say he will return it in 4 days...infact that the only thing that will stop him is if rapture happens, and even if it happens and he makes it to heaven while I'm in hell, he ko d give me water and food to make up the cash.
I knew the bite will not end and we started way back, I gave him 100k, this is the 3rd week, dude never even called to acknowledge the cash.
I'm I pained that the cash is gone? No (I knew it will go)
Why will I keep asking him for a refund? So he will know that he is indebted to me, this will keep me off another bite.
N/B. Sometimes you need to buy ppl off you, but don't go broke doing this. I bought Him off me, even if He refund the cash today which is very unlikely ;he defaulted.

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Carlyboi(m): 11:59am On Jan 24, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Same here. I have noticed that Nigerians in general don't repay loans unless they are forced to. I will never loan out money ever ever again.

Hah. He'll pay in your dreams. I have people whom I see regularly, owing me money for over 10 years. They don't even act as if they owe me money. I don't bear grudges sha, but they know; because I have told them korokoro; that even if I see them writhing on the floor dying in hunger pains, I will not help them with shishi.
lol they won’t even act like it...but you know one funny thing is almost everyone talks bout and detest this so conversely it seems they don’t so how come we have loan defaulters aplenty among us in other words some of the people complaining bout people not paying their them loans back on here do that shit secretly but they talk bout it publicly like some kinda saint lord knows I keep my word and what’s funny is some people do that shit like it’s nothing they just let time fly and write off the loan in their fvcking heads not like you told them hey you can keep the damn money....still got a guy owing me since damn 2018 I had to breathe down his neck before a paid a lil over half of my money but this dude told me I wud get it back in a week at most and I had todo it cos he was sounding suicidal was just trying to be there for a brother....my remaining cash has not been paid up till this moment.but I’m in mind I wrote it off already cos if I wanted to claim my cash back he wud pay up I had two dudes like that same damn scenario when I turned up the heat on them they had to source for my money and send it to my account....if you decide to be a loan lender just be ready to fvck up whatever relationship you have with such persons cos things get a lil crazy and really messy when you try to get your money back you either lose the money or the relationship or atimes you lose both!how crazy?well you just became their public enemy number one just cos you want your damn money back!
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 24, 2020
Carlyboi:
lol they won’t even act like it...but you know one funny thing is almost everyone talks bout and detest this so conversely it seems they don’t so how come we have loan defaulters aplenty among us in other words some of the people complaining bout people not paying their them loans back on here do that shit secretly but they talk bout it publicly like some kinda saint lord knows I hate owing people money and keep my word and what’s funny is some people that shit like it’s nothing they just let time fly and write off the loan in their fvcking heads not like you told them hey you can keep the damn money....still got a guy owing me since damn 2018 I had to breathe down his neck before a paid a lil over half of my money but this dude told me I wud get it back in a week at most and I had todo it cos he was sounding suicidal was just trying to be there for a brother....my remaining cash has not been paid up till this moment

I don't really know the psychology behind it, I just know that Nigerians don't like to repay debt. And the annoying thing is that, they play you for a fool and start dodging or blasting unbelievable lies instead of coming on the due date to apologise for not having the money and maybe asking for an extension. I made a vow never to lend money to any Nigerian. If I have money, think it's a good cause, and I pity the person, I will just donate what I can, but lend? No freaking way!

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Carlyboi(m): 12:15pm On Jan 24, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

I don't really know the psychology behind it, I just know that Nigerians don't like to repay debt. And the annoying thing is that, they play you for a fool and start dodging or blasting unbelievable lies instead of coming on the due date to apologise for not having the money and maybe asking for an extension. I made a vow never to lend money to any Nigerian. If I have money, think it's a good cause, and I pity the person, I will just donate what I can, but lend? No freaking way!
. No kidding bro paying back loans ain’t in most naija peoples DNA and what’s funny is most of these guys feel entitled and in most cases they’re not even deserving of your help cos it’s not like you owe them nothing....atimes it’s also good to check the credit history of anyone you’re lending money from others so as to have an idea who you’re dealing with!you give out the money easy peasy and on a platter but to get your money back they make you go through hell and back!why?why are people like that?shitty irresponsible bunches!

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Sarah20A(f): 12:48pm On Jan 24, 2020
25tolife:
bread winning is also an assistance Hope you know that.
if bread winning is an assistance as you claimed and not a responsibility then,please permit me to say "men like you are as useless as the kobo when it comes to family roles.

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by SlimzyNoni(f): 1:14pm On Jan 24, 2020
hmmm no try it oh, if not na fight go end am
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 24, 2020
Sarah20A:
if bread winning is an assistance as you claimed and not a responsibility then,please permit me to say "men like you are as useless as the kobo when it comes to family roles.
ok ma ,u win.
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by NomzyJust(m): 2:03pm On Jan 24, 2020
Keep malice Keep your money.

Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Thazard(m): 2:37pm On Jan 25, 2020
Davash222:
The foolish girl no get parents
You’re even a bad friend for trying to borrow your friend money to pay for a ‘girlfriend’ school fees.
Shame on you both!! You and your friend should use that money and buy sense!
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 26, 2020
Naughtysite:

Please don't comment on every issue.
. Try to stop me then
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 26, 2020
loswhite:
When you give birth to your son advice him to borrow money to pay his girlfriend school fees
mumu...
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by loswhite(m): 8:48pm On Jan 26, 2020
Divinelady:
mumu...
Goat
Re: A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? by dickt(m): 6:30pm On Oct 26, 2022
We4all:

No, you're not wrong. But I have one question for you, and I need you to answer genuinely: If the tables were turned, and he asked the same of you, what would you make of it?

By the way, did you ask him to fill a form because you don't trust him to pay you back? Or were you concerned about his motive for requesting a loan from you? Either way, what he does with the money shouldn't be your problem as long as he can afford to pay you back.

Guy, life can be brutal, and no one knows what will happen in the next minute. So if I were you, I'd rather have my friend owe me one than the other way round. Just my two cents.

Coming from who has not seen the reality of life

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Begins Search For A Life Partner For Her Mother (Photo) / 3 Nice Girls. What Do I Do? / Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right?