Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,535 members, 7,819,916 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian (2200 Views)

Identifying A False Preacher / Calling Out Elidaxziel: The Most Dishonest Christian Apologist On Nairaland / Dishonest And Ignorant Paxonel. Calling Him Out. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by LordReed(m): 7:16pm On Jul 03, 2020
jamesid29:

Yes in the modern sense in that many of its adherents have a core set of beliefs and positive claims.

What are these beliefs and positive claims?
Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by tintingz(m): 10:15pm On Jul 03, 2020
jamesid29:

Sir,You need to read more on other religions outside of the major ones. There have been many religions that do not include many of what you wrote, for example there are nontheistics schools within Hinduism or Buddhism( as this religions in their pure form do not require a belief in God or gods ). Cārvāka is an ancient belief system founded purely on materialism principles. You can look up many other religions past and present that do not fit the bill of what you posted.
Hinduism and Buddhism believe in supernaturals and gods(awaken Buddhists, folk deities).

I still maintain that, a religion is composed of what I listed.

The fact that you even believe a religion needs saints to be one reflects your Judeo-Christian worldview. Like I said earlier, what constitutes a religion is more complex than a listing of things on a checklist.

Many Religions have saints it's not only Christians thing. Many Religions have holy people they look up to.

I'm guessing you didn't read up on it ,but that's fine sir. The summary is that Kaufman won the case ,so atheist organisations for the purpose of the law are considered religious organisations and are conferred with the same protections. This was a watershed moment as it paved the way for other rulings which places atheism as a protected belief system at the same level as any religion. (see Burwell v. Hobby Lobby as a subsequent and more concise example)
The main reason why I pointed you to it is so you can follow the proceedings and see how the judges and experts had to grapple with what is and is not a religion or belief system. It's definitely not a simple checklist.
They just use the religion protection law here doesn't mean it's a religious organization. There's no separate protection laws for Atheism yet.

@the bolded is obviously wrong. It's too simplistic a worldview.
Ah, the good'ol if atheism is a religion or belief system then ....(off is a TV station,bald hair is a hair colour and so on). The problem with these statements is that they are false equivalences. Those things usually listed are not ideologies or concepts. No one says anything can become a religion, what is said is any ideology (ideas, concepts) can become a religion. For example there's a cult of Elvis today and you will be surprised by how many people are part of the religion. They replaced the real Elvis with an idea of him and center their beliefs around this idea. I know it's easy to dismiss them as silly but its an extreme example of how powerful an idea/concept can be.

So back to the question, is atheism a religion? Short answer: Yes and No.
No in its historical sense and at its most basic form.

Yes in the modern sense in that many of its adherents have a core set of beliefs and positive claims. It's also possible to map many of their behaviours onto the behaviours of adherents of other established religions and belief systems. Problem is some do not realise this and some choose to deny it.

PS: I used the word many here intentionally because I do not mean all atheist.

You cannot group a negative position to a positive position. I'm not a fan of football does that mean I'm a football fan? I don't believe in social-mediasm does that mean I'm a social-mediasm?

The position of atheism is clear; lack in belief in gods, it's a negative position to theism.

The position of Atheism is not a religion, some Atheists can group themselves and develop some religious characteristics(which Atheism never mentioned) like some of these past Atheists communists and fascists.
Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by IMAliyu(m): 1:12am On Jul 04, 2020
jamesid29:

Sir,You need to read more on other religions outside of the major ones. There have been many religions that do not include many of what you wrote, for example there are nontheistics schools within Hinduism or Buddhism( as this religions in their pure form do not require a belief in God or gods ). Cārvāka is an ancient belief system founded purely on materialism principles. You can look up many other religions past and present that do not fit the bill of what you posted.

The fact that you even believe a religion needs saints to be one reflects your Judeo-Christian worldview. Like I said earlier, what constitutes a religion is more complex than a listing of things on a checklist.

I'm guessing you didn't read up on it ,but that's fine sir. The summary is that Kaufman won the case ,so atheist organisations for the purpose of the law are considered religious organisations and are conferred with the same protections. This was a watershed moment as it paved the way for other rulings which places atheism as a protected belief system at the same level as any religion. (see Burwell v. Hobby Lobby as a subsequent and more concise example)
The main reason why I pointed you to it is so you can follow the proceedings and see how the judges and experts had to grapple with what is and is not a religion or belief system. It's definitely not a simple checklist

@the bolded is obviously wrong. It's too simplistic a worldview.
Ah, the good'ol if atheism is a religion or belief system then ....(off is a TV station,bald hair is a hair colour and so on). The problem with these statements is that they are false equivalences. Those things usually listed are not ideologies or concepts. No one says anything can become a religion, what is said is any ideology (ideas, concepts) can become a religion. For example there's a cult of Elvis today and you will be surprised by how many people are part of the religion. They replaced the real Elvis with an idea of him and center their beliefs around this idea. I know it's easy to dismiss them as silly but its an extreme example of how powerful an idea/concept can be.

So back to the question, is atheism a religion? Short answer: Yes and No.
No in its historical sense and at its most basic form.

Yes in the modern sense in that many of its adherents have a core set of beliefs and positive claims. It's also possible to map many of their behaviours onto the behaviours of adherents of other established religions and belief systems. Problem is some do not realise this and some choose to deny it.

PS: I used the word many here intentionally because I do not mean all atheist.
I think you may be conflating having a philosophy and belief structure with a religion.
A religion is a belief structure, but a belief structure is not a religion.
So, 'New atheism' seems to have a belief structure and a philosophy attached to it, but I wouldn't call it a religion.
And not unless we are stretching the definition of words. Atheism still just means a lack of belief in any deity(s).
Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by jamesid29(m): 3:32am On Jul 04, 2020
tintingz:
Hinduism and Buddhism believe in supernaturals and gods(awaken Buddhists, folk deities).
I still maintain that, a religion is composed of what I listed.
It is well sir, let's leave it at that then.
Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by jamesid29(m): 5:51am On Jul 04, 2020
IMAliyu:

I think you may be conflating having a philosophy and belief structure with a religion.
A religion is a belief structure, but a belief structure is not a religion.
So, 'New atheism' seems to have a belief structure and a philosophy attached to it, but I wouldn't call it a religion.
And not unless we are stretching the definition of words. Atheism still just means a lack of belief in any deity(s).
That point I was trying to get at sir is that the word religion is more complex than what it is normally distilled into. The problem stems from the fact that when the word "religion" got it's modern connotations in the English language ,it was already heavily influenced by the Christain/western worldview and failed to encapsulate many other worldviews. Today trying to get an all encapsulating definition for the word is alot complex when you have to consider the spectrum of worldviews involved, from theistic religions to nontheistics religions(there are and have been actually a couple of nontheistics religions, both historically and in modern times).

A philosophy can also be a religion sir. Confucianism is fundamentally a philosophy but it is also considered a religion.

Atheism still just means a lack of belief in any deity(s)
Yes,that is true sir in its most basic form and I also do agree that merely having a belief structure doesn't automatically make something into a religion. But when this beliefs make adherents exhibit behaviours that can be mapped unto behaviours associated with what would be considered a religion (when taking holistically), at that point you have the making of something new.
Take an extreme example, when Antony Flew(one of the most prominent atheist at the time) left atheism and became a deist, the new Atheist movement went bezerk and Flew was vilified. Richard Dawkins went as far as accusing him of “tergiversation (a fancy word for apostasy)". This is a behaviour that can be mapped unto what you expect from other established religions.
I know this is an extreme example but if you take a step back and begin to observe the behaviours of many adherents of the new Atheist movement you begin to see a pattern of behaviour that you expect to see in adherents of other established religions (when taking the word religion holistically). That's why I said previously the answer is both a yes and a no answer.

Finally sir, I try to be as intentional as I can with my language. I do not mean to say everyone who identifies as an atheist necessarily exhibits these behaviours and as human beings are complex ,not everyone also neatly maps unto either side of the spectrum.
Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by IMAliyu(m): 12:21am On Jul 05, 2020
jamesid29:

That point I was trying to get at sir is that the word religion is more complex than what it is normally distilled into. The problem stems from the fact that when the word "religion" got it's modern connotations in the English language ,it was already heavily influenced by the Christain/western worldview and failed to encapsulate many other worldviews. Today trying to get an all encapsulating definition for the word is alot complex when you have to consider the spectrum of worldviews involved, from theistic religions to nontheistics religions(there are and have been actually a couple of nontheistics religions, both historically and in modern times).

A philosophy can also be a religion sir. Confucianism is fundamentally a philosophy but it is also considered a religion.

Yes,that is true sir in its most basic form and I also do agree that merely having a belief structure doesn't automatically make something into a religion. But when this beliefs make adherents exhibit behaviours that can be mapped unto behaviours associated with what would be considered a religion (when taking holistically), at that point you have the making of something new.
Take an extreme example, when Antony Flew(one of the most prominent atheist at the time) left atheism and became a deist, the new Atheist movement went bezerk and Flew was vilified. Richard Dawkins went as far as accusing him of “tergiversation (a fancy word for apostasy)". This is a behaviour that can be mapped unto what you expect from other established religions.
I know this is an extreme example but if you take a step back and begin to observe the behaviours of many adherents of the new Atheist movement you begin to see a pattern of behaviour that you expect to see in adherents of other established religions (when taking the word religion holistically). That's why I said previously the answer is both a yes and a no answer.

Finally sir, I try to be as intentional as I can with my language. I do not mean to say everyone who identifies as an atheist necessarily exhibits these behaviours and as human beings are complex ,not everyone also neatly maps unto either side of the spectrum.
Ok, I get your point.

We've been religious creatures for thousands of years, so simply consciously concluding that no deity exists still doesn't get rid of some of our religious and groupthink nature.

But I think what you are seeing is just something that is characteristic of an ideology (which I would call 'New atheism' one) and in any ideology there are people that take things a bit too far.
Like self proclaimed atheists that got offended by words like 'Godspeed' simply for having 'god' in it, and things like changing the reference of the calendar from BC (Before Christ) to BCE (Before Common Era), both mean thesame time frame, but I feel BCE is a discredit to religious(Christian) origins of the modern Gregorian calendar.

And yes there are some forms of religions that don't have a belief in a deity like some sects of Buddhism, however they still retain practices(spirituality, prescribed meditation) that are characteristic of religion.

I've heard some that try to argue that an atheist is never truly an atheist, because they retain a presupposition or value that orients them in life which is based on some kind of faith and not rationality and that presupposition and value serves as their god whether they are conscious of it or not. Although I think they were seriously stretching meaning of words here or speaking in a metaphorical sense to come to this conclusion.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by jamesid29(m): 12:53am On Jul 07, 2020
IMAliyu:

Ok, I get your point.

We've been religious creatures for thousands of years, so simply consciously concluding that no deity exists still doesn't get rid of some of our religious and groupthink nature.

But I think what you are seeing is just something that is characteristic of an ideology (which I would call 'New atheism' one) and in any ideology there are people that take things a bit too far.
Like self proclaimed atheists that got offended by words like 'Godspeed' simply for having 'god' in it, and things like changing the reference of the calendar from BC (Before Christ) to BCE (Before Common Era), both mean thesame time frame, but I feel BCE is a discredit to religious(Christian) origins of the modern Gregorian calendar.

And yes there are some forms of religions that don't have a belief in a deity like some sects of Buddhism, however they still retain practices(spirituality, prescribed meditation) that are characteristic of religion.

I've heard some that try to argue that an atheist is never truly an atheist, because they retain a presupposition or value that orients them in life which is based on some kind of faith and not rationality and that presupposition and value serves as their god whether they are conscious of it or not. Although I think they were seriously stretching meaning of words here or speaking in a metaphorical sense to come to this conclusion.
Yea, I heard neil degrasse talk about the "godspeed" episode on Joe Rogan's podcast a while back.

I understand what you are saying also and I can understand why we agree on some things and where we might disagree on others.
But all in all,Its been a great conversation sir. Enjoy the rest of your week.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by Bacteriologist(m): 8:24am On Nov 27, 2020
jamesid29:

Yes in the modern sense in that many of its adherents have a core set of beliefs and positive claims.

Such as.....
Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:30pm On Nov 27, 2020
There is just one way to identify false religion, they impose their beliefs on you with threat!

Christianity only offers you the hope of everlasting life if you are willing to live by Godly principles, if you ignore the same eventuality affects both believers and unbelievers Death, the only advantage a believer has is the hope of resurrection when all evildoers are gone for good! Psalms 37:7-11
Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by jamesid29(m): 8:44pm On Nov 27, 2020
Bacteriologist:

Such as.....
smiley, You seem to be on an evangelical spree , this one that you are even going back to revive old threads these days lol.
But it's all good sir... It's always good to share ideologies and have conversations.
You can read my further conversation with IMAliyu to better understand the train of thought...

Do you mind if I ask you a few questions of my own?
Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 27, 2020
Is "eating rice" as often as possible also a religion?
Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 27, 2020
jamesid29:

Yea, I heard neil degrasse talk about the "godspeed" episode on Joe Rogan's podcast a while back.

I understand what you are saying also and I can understand why we agree on some things and where we might disagree on others.
But all in all,Its been a great conversation sir. Enjoy the rest of your week.
According to that dude,the absence of faith in God is also a god.
How else can we define nonsense??
Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by Bacteriologist(m): 9:40am On Nov 28, 2020
jamesid29:

smiley, You seem to be on an evangelical spree , this one that you are even going back to revive old threads these days lol.
But it's all good sir... It's always good to share ideologies and have conversations.
You can read my further conversation with IMAliyu to better understand the train of thought...

Do you mind if I ask you a few questions of my own?

Lol yeah I can't deny that. grin There are many great threads lying buried in this section it doesn't hurt to bring them to the forefront once in a while.

I read the conversation before quoting you. You didn't seem to provide the beliefs in the discussion though.
But sure, by all means, ask me the questions.
Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by jamesid29(m): 11:28pm On Nov 28, 2020
Bacteriologist:

Lol yeah I can't deny that. grin There are many great threads lying buried in this section it doesn't hurt to bring them to the forefront once in a while.

I read the conversation before quoting you. You didn't seem to provide the beliefs in the discussion though.
Hmm, that's weird.
Okay so some of the beliefs held by adherents of the new atheism are Scientism, Naturalism(specifically Metaphysical Naturalism or Scientific Materialism), Relativism (moral, ethical or social... Still a tricky subject even amongst adherents of the movement but there's a definite upward trends towards it, especially amongst the younger population) and so on.

But sure, by all means, ask me the questions.
Do you believe it's irrational to believe in a transcendent deity?
Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by jamesid29(m): 11:28pm On Nov 28, 2020
HellVictorinho:

According to that dude,the absence of faith in God is also a god.
Which dude are you referring to?
Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by MuttleyLaff: 6:36am On Nov 29, 2020
HellVictorinho:
According to that dude, the absence of faith in God is also a god.
"Their end is destruction, their god is their belly,
and their glory is in their shame.
Their minds are set on earthly things.
"
- Philippians 3:19

God, is not a personal name of the Supreme Being. God and god(s), actually are Influence and influence(s) that exert positive or negative effects on a person(s) or thing. Case in point, there are human beings/inanimate object/things deified as gods. There is apotheosis or self-deification, as in, meaning, the self elevation to the status of a god so to be worshipped (e.g. Egyptian Pharaohs, Roman Emperors, Shango, albeit he became god of thunder, lightning and storms after he died, etcetera) There are abstracts, that become gods, when their forces, characteristics and motivations gets a grip on their victims, such that they often end up influenced in unsavoury ways/manners by gods such as the god of the belly/stomach, under the influence of alcohol or narcotics or even the god of Mammon et cetera. Humans from time immemorial have always deify things and make a god of them,. "Wacky and die chop bellefu" gluttons making god of their stomach or belly. Drunks or alcoholics make god of beer, spirits, rum, alcohol et cetera. Chrematistics have made money their god. What of the pagan or heathen thats made god of inanimate and/or not alive object, lying around at his/her shrine? In short, for some, money is a god, food is a god, the belly or stomach is a god, inanimate objects are gods, animals are gods et cetera.

The point that's being made, is that, there the ONE God and there are different types, forms and/or flavors of gods and so "the absence of faith in God" (i.e. the absence of faith, in Influence) is a situation and opportunity, for an alternative influence(s) to fill that vacuum and get in, with the power to badly affect the thinking, attitude, behaviour and even character of a person.
Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 29, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
"Their end is destruction, their god is their belly,
and their glory is in their shame.
Their minds are set on earthly things.
"
- Philippians 3:19

God, is not a personal name of the Supreme Being. God and god(s), actually are Influence and influence(s) that exert positive or negative effects on a person(s) or thing. Case in point, there are human beings/inanimate object/things deified as gods. There is apotheosis or self-deification, as in, meaning, the self elevation to the status of a god so to be worshipped (e.g. Egyptian Pharaohs, Roman Emperors, Shango, albeit he became god of thunder, lightning and storms after he died, etcetera) There are abstracts, that become gods, when their forces, characteristics and motivations gets a grip on their victims, such that they often end up influenced in unsavoury ways/manners by gods such as the god of the belly/stomach, under the influence of alcohol or narcotics or even the god of Mammon et cetera. Humans from time immemorial have always deify things and make a god of them,. "Wacky and die chop bellefu" gluttons making god of their stomach or belly. Drunks or alcoholics make god of beer, spirits, rum, alcohol et cetera. Chrematistics have made money their god. What of the pagan or heathen thats made god of inanimate and/or not alive object, lying around at his/her shrine? In short, for some, money is a god, food is a god, the belly or stomach is a god, inanimate objects are gods, animals are gods et cetera.

The point that's being made, is that, there the ONE God and there are different types, forms and/or flavors of gods and so "the absence of faith in God" (i.e. the absence of faith, in Influence) is a situation and opportunity, for an alternative influence(s) to fill that vacuum and get in, with the power to badly affect the thinking, attitude, behaviour and even character of a person.

If the act of drinking water as often as possible affects the body positively,then water has to be called a necessity.
Addiction is another issue.
If you use the word *God* to identify necessities(including entertainment ) or/and addictive things,then you're actually being figurative.
The literal use of "God" has to do with beings that exist alongside NOTHING but that's impossible because NOTHING can't exist.
It also has to do with beings that are smarter than humans but that's impossible because it's impossible for a living thing
with a superior brain to exist.
Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by MuttleyLaff: 7:53am On Nov 29, 2020
HellVictorinho:
If the act of drinking water as often as possible affects the body positively, then water has to be called a necessity.
Addiction is another issue.
Addiction, has to do with abnormal use of anything and/or abuse of it. Drink water sensibly, you'll be alright and won't incur any adverse effect, but irresponsibly drinking water, could lead to water poisoning (i.e. water intoxication) and even death, lmso.

HellVictorinho:
If you use the word *God* to identify necessities(including entertainment ) or/and addictive things,then you're actually being figurative.
The literal use of "God" has to do with beings that exist alongside NOTHING but that's impossible because NOTHING can't exist.
It also has to do with beings that are smarter than humans but that's impossible because it's impossible for a living thing
with a superior brain to exist.
God, is Influence, and Influence, isnt forced on human being, solely because they were created and designed by Influence, as freewill and moral agents, lmso. To an atheist, the Influence, God, is taking as someone unnecessary and not needed, but they are left be, to their own devices and to act according to their nature, lmso

Why not please show me where in the Bible you have it that NOTHING can't exist, so I can, in returning the favour, show you too, that NOTHING can exist, lmso
Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by Nobody: 8:05am On Nov 29, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Addiction, has to do with abnormal use of anything and/or abuse of it. Drink water sensibly, you'll be alright and won't incur any adverse effect, but irresponsibly drinking water, could lead to water poisoning (i.e. water intoxication) and even death, lmso.

God, is Influence, and Influence, isnt forced on human being, solely because they were created and designed by Influence, as freewill and moral agents, lmso.

Please show me where in the Bible you have it that NOTHING can't exist, so I can in returning the favour, show you too, that NOTHING can exist, lmso
Well,I used the word "if" for a reason.
Concerning the inexistence of NOTHING,I don't have to show you bla bla bla.
I also don't expect you to define NOTHING because Google's definition of NOTHING doesn't make it possible for NOTHING to exist.
In other words,"NOTHING" is a word that refers to the impossible.
"EVERYTHING"/A GROUP OF THINGS"/"SOMETHING" refers to one of the infinite forms in which "ANYTHING" can exist.
"ANYTHING" refers to that which can exist in infinite forms.
Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 29, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

God, is Influence, and Influence, isnt forced on human being, solely because they were created and designed by Influence, as freewill and moral agents, lmso. To an atheist, the Influence, God, is taking as someone unnecessary and not needed, but they are left be, to their own devices and to act according to their nature, lmso

Why not please show me where in the Bible you have it that NOTHING can't exist, so I can, in returning the favour, show you too, that NOTHING can exist, lmso
You're either being figurative or being literal.
You can't be both at once.
But I can see that you have chosen to be figurative by referring to a being as an influence.
Before calling a being/a living thing an influence,you must have believed that it exists.
But I won't ask you to prove God exists.
I will just state that it's impossible for NOTHING to exist while ANYTHING can exist in infinite forms.
Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by MuttleyLaff: 9:03am On Nov 29, 2020
HellVictorinho:
Well, I used the word "if" for a reason.
I appreciate you used "if" for a reason, but please acknowledge that I went out of the way to make a clear distinction of the difference(s) between God and god(s). I further even, mentioned how for some people God, the Influence, is taking as someone unnecessary and not needed, so whats your complaint in there about then

HellVictorinho:
Concerning the inexistence of NOTHING, I don't have to show you bla bla bla.
You cant just make a wild statement, remarking that: "NOTHING can't exist" without backing it up with the biblical reference that prompt you to make the comment. If you are unable to, tend humbly just retract the ill-informed unbiblical statement

HellVictorinho:
I also don't expect you to define NOTHING because Google's definition of NOTHING doesn't make it possible for NOTHING to exist.
In other words,"NOTHING" is a word that refers to the impossible.
"EVERYTHING"/A GROUP OF THINGS"/"SOMETHING" refers to one of the infinite forms in which "ANYTHING" can exist.
"ANYTHING" refers to that which can exist in infinite forms.
I love Google, but the Bible, in relevant important certain matters always comes trump than Google.

I am sure that, Google's definition of NOTHING doesn't make it possible for NOTHING to exist, but this is not so, in the bible. OK, if you want to play hard ball, let's do it then, lmso. How about try this for size, money doesn't exist, lmso. Or the Galloway quote that says: Google is god, Apple is sex, Facebook is love, and Amazon is ... death. If not for Covid-19, I would have scored the quote full marks 4/4, but Amazon actually is Kerching! Thanks to Corona, Jeff Bezos, is on track to become the world's first trillionaire by 2026. Siren.

HellVictorinho:
You're either being figurative or being literal.
You can't be both at once.
Look up meaning of blend. The Influence's descriptor name is I AM that I AM. It is an offshoot of I AM, with a meaning of Self Existing aka Exist, Be, Existent et cetera.

HellVictorinho:
But I can see that you have chosen to be figurative by referring to a being as an influence.
Permit me to correct that I actually used Influence for God and used influence(s) for god(s). I didnt say if the usages were figurative or literal.

HellVictorinho:
Before calling a being/a living thing an influence, you must have believed that it exists.
Of course, absolutely, you would have bought into it in order to believed the existence, just as some believe in blood money ritual, done in line with human being sacrifices having the influence to give the perpetrators of this wicked act, power to get unholy money and create wealth, lmso

HellVictorinho:
But I won't ask you to prove God exists.
Why would you even ever want to ask me to prove God exists, when its a no-brainer and given that God exists.

HellVictorinho:
I will just state that it's impossible for NOTHING to exist while ANYTHING can exist in infinite forms.
I reiterate, please show me where in the Bible you have it that NOTHING can't exist, (i.e. that it's impossible for NOTHING to exist) so I can, in returning the favour, show you too, that NOTHING can exist, (i.e. that it's possible for NOTHING to exist) lmso
Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 29, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
I appreciate you used "if" for a reason, but please acknowledge that I went out of the way to make a clear distinction of the difference(s) between God and god(s). I further even, mentioned how for some people God, the Influence, is taking as someone unnecessary and not needed, so whats your complaint in there about then

You cant just make a wild statement, remarking that: "NOTHING can't exist" without backing it up with the biblical reference that prompt you to make the comment. If you are unable to, tend humbly just retract the ill-informed unbiblical statement

I love Google, but the Bible, in relevant important certain matters always comes trump than Google.

I am sure that, Google's definition of NOTHING doesn't make it possible for NOTHING to exist, but this is not so, in the bible. OK, if you want to play hard ball, let's do it then, lmso. How about try this for size, money doesn't exist, lmso. Or the Galloway quote that says: Google is god, Apple is sex, Facebook is love, and Amazon is ... death. If not for Covid-19, I would have scored the quote full marks 4/4, but Amazon actually is Kerching! Thanks to Corona, Jeff Bezos, is on track to become the world's first trillionaire by 2026. Siren.

Look up meaning of blend. The Influence's descriptor name is I AM that I AM. It is an offshoot of I AM, with a meaning of Self Existing aka Exist, Be, Existent et cetera.

Permit me to correct that I actually used Influence for God and used influence(s) for god(s). I didnt say if the usages were figurative or literal.

Of course, absolutely, you would have bought into it in order to believed the existence, just as some believe in blood money ritual, done in line with human being sacrifices having the influence to give the perpetrators of this wicked act, power to get unholy money and create wealth, lmso

Why would you even ever want to ask me to prove God exists, when its a no-brainer and given that God exists.

I reiterate, please show me where in the Bible you have it that NOTHING can't exist, (i.e. that it's impossible for NOTHING to exist) so I can, in returning the favour, show you too, that NOTHING can exist, (i.e. that it's possible for NOTHING to exist) lmso
The Bible says "In the beginning,God did bla bla bla"
But that doesn't mean NOTHING can exist!!!!
You believe God exists alongside NOTHING because the Bible says only God existed before God created the Universe with NOTHING!!!!
You're not the only one that believes such things!!!!
But such things are impossible because ANYTHING can exist in infinite forms!!!!!
If you don't agree with me on the issue of ANYTHING,then you can also take a bottle of whiskey towards it!!!!!
I know that people celebrate several things including the death of other people for several reasons such as the reasoning of such people!!!!!
I know there are many religious people that would celebrate the death of people like me after reading most of my posts in this section of Nairaland!!!!
Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by MuttleyLaff: 10:34am On Nov 29, 2020
HellVictorinho:
The Bible says "In the beginning, God did bla bla bla"
But that doesn't mean NOTHING can exist!!!!
Half bread is better than nothing, so my appreciation, that you made some effort in paraphrasing Genesis 1:1 as a defence, albeit, it never made any comment contextually and otherwise, about nothing not existing or that NOTHING can exist

HellVictorinho:
You believe God exists alongside NOTHING because the Bible says only God existed before God created the Universe with NOTHING!!!!
"1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2He was with God in the beginning.
3Through Him all things were made, and without Him nothing was made that has been made.
"
- John 1:1-3

I believe God exists alongside NOTHING because the Bible in John 1:3, states that, nothing was created except through Him.

How do you know there is nothing? Isnt it because you dont see nothing. You wanted to play hard ball, so I said, let's do it then, lmso, then asked you, how about try this for size, money doesn't exist, lmso. Do you know that money doesnt exist?, lmso. What of darkness?

HellVictorinho:
You're not the only one that believes such things!!!!
But such things are impossible because ANYTHING can exist in infinite forms!!!!!
If you don't agree with me on the issue of ANYTHING, then you can also take a bottle of whiskey towards it!!!!!
[img]https://s5/images/ezgif-1-484fe370c498.gif[/img]
I don't believe ANYTHING can exist in infinite forms.
Can my missus exist in infinite forms? Will she get exhausted from existing in infinite forms? If no, then why wouldnt she get exhausted?

What is "... take a bottle of whiskey towards it!!!!!" actually trying to mean or be about?

HellVictorinho:
I know that people celebrate several things including the death of other people for several reasons such as the reasoning of such people!!!!!
I know there are many religious people that would celebrate the death of people like me after reading most of my posts in this section of Nairaland!!!!
Well I dont know who such people think they are representing, if they would gloat over news of you passing on, when you are simply just being who you, by nature, are. You are expected to freely express yourself without fear or favour, but the caveat, is be ready and prepared to face the consequences of your expressions, as in your thoughts, utterances, works and actions, whether in the body, the mind/soul and spirit, lmso

You see how wrong it is to generalise hmm, because I grieve people's death, but, personally I dont celebrate death(s) nor gloat over people passing on, and preferably I dont expect any celebration, family gathering or prayers after I've passed on.
Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 29, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Half bread is better than nothing, so my appreciation, that you made some effort in paraphrasing Genesis 1:1 as a defence, albeit, it never made any comment contextually and otherwise, about nothing not existing or that NOTHING can exist

"1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2He was with God in the beginning.
3Through Him all things were made, and without Him nothing was made that has been made.
"
- John 1:1-3

I believe God exists alongside NOTHING because the Bible in John 1:3, states that, nothing was created except through Him.

How do you know there is nothing? Isnt it because you dont see nothing. You wanted to play hard ball, so I said, let's do it then, lmso, then asked you, how about try this for size, money doesn't exist, lmso. Do you know that money doesnt exist?, lmso. What of darkness?

[img]https://s5/images/ezgif-1-484fe370c498.gif[/img]
I don't believe ANYTHING can exist in infinite forms.
Can my missus exist in infinite forms? Will she get exhausted from existing in infinite forms? If no, then why wouldnt she get exhausted?

What is "... take a bottle of whiskey towards it!!!!!" actually trying to mean or be about?

Well I dont know who such people think they are representing, if they would gloat over news of you passing on, when you are simply just being who you, by nature, are. You are expected to freely express yourself without fear or favour, but the caveat, is be ready and prepared to face the consequences of your expressions, as in your thoughts, utterances, works and actions, whether in the body, the mind/soul and spirit, lmso

You see how wrong it is to generalise hmm, because I grieve people's death, but, personally I dont celebrate death(s) nor gloat over people passing on, and preferably I dont expect any celebration, family gathering or prayers after I've passed on.
We don't agree on ANYTHING's ability to exist in infinite forms!!!!
Case closed!!!!!!!
Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by MuttleyLaff: 5:24pm On Nov 29, 2020
HellVictorinho:
We don't agree on ANYTHING's ability to exist in infinite forms!!!!
Case closed!!!!!!!
[img]https://s5/images/ezgif-2-bb81ab7ea10d.gif[/img]
Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 29, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://s5/images/ezgif-2-bb81ab7ea10d.gif[/img]
###№*"!+!&$$*&:;;!!&@#*";!"*®✓✓✓
Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by MuttleyLaff: 10:58pm On Nov 29, 2020
HellVictorinho:
###№*"!+!&$$*&:;;!!&@#*";!"*®✓✓✓
[img]https://media./images/4f3b9b118e951f3fd27baea2a19f6bd5/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 01, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://media./images/4f3b9b118e951f3fd27baea2a19f6bd5/tenor.gif[/img]
This is baseless.
I never stated anything funny.
But you can keep responding baselessly.
It's a matter of choice.
So,I won't say you must stop.
Keep the baselessness up!!!!!
You will be heralded for posting such things!!!
What an achievement!!!!
Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by MuttleyLaff: 11:38pm On Dec 01, 2020
HellVictorinho:
This is baseless.
I never stated anything funny.
But you can keep responding baselessly.
It's a matter of choice.
So,I won't say you must stop.
Keep the baselessness up!!!!!
You will be heralded for posting such things!!!
What an achievement!!!!
[img]https://s8/images/MuttleyDriveLaff.gif[/img]
Who said you stated anything funny?
Baseless/baselessly/baselessness everything is relative
Choice is a free gift every human being is endowed with, lmso.
Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 01, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://s8/images/MuttleyDriveLaff.gif[/img]
Who said you stated anything funny?
Baseless/baselessly/baselessness everything is relative
So, your replies don't make sense.
Keep them up, anyway!!!!!
Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by MuttleyLaff: 11:49pm On Dec 01, 2020
HellVictorinho:
So, your replies don't make sense.
I'll love you be specific and say which particular reply(ies) dont make sense

HellVictorinho:
Keep them up, anyway!!!!!
Listen Mister "Case closed! and ###№*"!+!&$$*&:;;!!&@#*";!"*®✓✓✓" sic, you don't tell me what to do. Go do that in your household angry angry angry
Re: 4 Quick Ways Of Identifying A Dishonest Christian by orisa37: 11:58pm On Dec 01, 2020
All or any of the 4 ways supported with Prayers is honest.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Islam And Peace / Delivered From The Power Of Darkness. / Where Should Your First Salary Go? Your Parents Or Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.