Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth (75656 Views)

Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers / Saudi Arabia Shuns Nigeria, Okays Tourist Visas For 49 Countries / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by SnooWiz: 10:39am On Jan 24, 2020
Dasuki shows up in court, pulls back applications protesting trial
http:///s2bd9f48e200123en_ng
http:///sae4bf15200124en_ng
Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by bizhop01: 11:19am On Jan 24, 2020
Nigeria Anthem i want to give birth in USA, as if USA is maternity
Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by Gerrard59(m): 11:59am On Jan 24, 2020
Plead:

Instead of saying he should lose because of another reason you’re talking about his immigration policies

What exactly were you expecting him to do? People flood your country to give birth just so the kids can be granted citizenship. I believe if that was happening in Nigeria,president buhari would’ve made a move similar to what the trump administration has done.

Some folks always complaining of his immigration policies are mostly people who plan on visiting the US illegally or overstaying their visas ,if not why complain ?

First, I don't support illegal migration for various reasons ranging from the humiliation to it being illegal and unnecessary stress. However, for prospective students, his policies are not favourable to them. The Chinese are suffering from them, now imagine students from Nigeria and other African countries. I do understand that it is his responsibility of protecting the country from "invaders", however, I prefer someone whose policies will favour my interests.

1 Like

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by sowilli: 12:07pm On Jan 24, 2020
DexterousOne:

Nigeria cannot be fixed

Whether as a unit or divided into bits
The mentality in Nigeria and Africa is FVCKED

All you can do is to hustle and make some money to provide some cushion against the mess in the zoo.

That's just the fact

A country that believe so much in superstition
Does not encourage merit
And are wicked to the core
Cannot develpp
are you saying it is beyond repair... ? I agree with hustle and create a niche for yourself anyways.
Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by Olugbanko: 12:20pm On Jan 24, 2020
Victorex001:

Not just a plus but a necessity as a Nigerian especially for your kid(s).
you be man wey sabi!
Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by Nmezor(f): 1:10pm On Jan 24, 2020
Market spoiler D.T tongue
Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by UmmZayd: 1:13pm On Jan 24, 2020
Hmmmmmm it's well even inside the deep well.
Everyone wants something good so I won't blame those birthing in the US. If Nigeria wants to develop it will start from our leaders but well......our leaders are full of aged people that are making sure their own children don't starve till they die and that has been the trend like FOREVER.
Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by Nmezor(f): 1:13pm On Jan 24, 2020
Coldie:
Thank God.

We all die here. U won't steal our Money and go abroad to obtain citizenship for u and ur kids
They will port to another country now
Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 24, 2020
MOnkeyBabe:
Hello bent. I thought it was just for illegal immigration. That was what a Trump supporter told me to save face, even his wife explained it as such. I didnt know legals were included.
Left for Trump alone, the only people that should be coming to America are blue-eyed rocket scientists and brain surgeons from Scandinavia grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 24, 2020
linearity:

Different strokes different folks, I have friends that have been extending b1/b2 endlessly some eventually exchange it for f1 visa.....not all USCIS service offices are taking things as drastic as Trump wants.....many even opposes his stands on immigration.

Many of these visa extensions don’t have a fast rule on the books, they are at the discretion of the person adjudicating on your case.
You are right and those your friends are quite lucky. I have seen lots of people that had "Not eligible for AOS" written on their B1/B2 as well. USCIS is one big broken bureaucratic agency that treats cases differently. If you are fortunate enough to meet an agent that doesn't follow Trump's words letter to letter, then that's your lucky day!

1 Like

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by MOnkeyBabe(f): 2:23pm On Jan 24, 2020
PaulSimon2020:
Left for Trump alone, the only people that should be coming to America are blue-eyed rocket scientists and brain surgeons from Scandinavia grin grin
#NORthernEUROPeOnly.that man too get eye for good thing like meo. This in frenemy business with PUtin no Dey ReaChBOttombelle. Even other parts of Europe, I know say e go dey beef them.
Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by Victorex001(m): 3:29pm On Jan 24, 2020
shogsman:

The problem you people have is lack of self esteem and zero patriotism, that's why you all run away to another man's land looking for something that's not lost.infact i wish the US could withdraw their emabssy from here
the last and the only time I was in the USA visiting all I could think about is coming back home,
No place like home,have some self respect and sit your ass down here.

Shut up. This is the only thing Nigeria/Nigerians are good at...bragging about potentials with nothing to show for it.

I use to be like you with all patriotism till the last general elections, it’s like y’all coursed to either vote APC or PDP...the young vibrant and intelligent candidates were ignored while in this century Nigeria is being ruled by an illiterate.

Who’re the leaders celebrated and called hero’s in Nigeria today? Tinubu, Dino Malaye, Bukola Saraki, even some youths still celebrate Abacha...all rogues and greedy thieves.

There’s no place like home yen yen yen, Nigeria is dead and it appears the citizens don’t ever want to progress.

Don’t tell me about my self esteem lol, I deserve better, it’s a short life I deserve and owe myself sanity and too bad my home country can’t offer me that.

4 Likes

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by midnighter(f): 4:18pm On Jan 24, 2020
Gerrard59:

Well, to be honest, that is the job of the upper/middle class. It's their responsibility to ensure things are OK not just because they want them to be so, but for society's benefit. It's where their children will reside when they are no more. I don't expect the people in Potiskum or Oron to participate in civil protests and demand for good governance because they don't know what a functioning society should be like.

Unfortunately, Nigeria's upper/middle class is/are selfish and most are adamant to admit that they are.

Yes, people should do all that. My point was, would they
Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by midnighter(f): 4:21pm On Jan 24, 2020
anonimi:

Please who do you expect to do that for this educated, middle class?
Who does it for the educated middle class in the US?
Do you if this majority of educated, middle class Nigerians are volunteering time and donating money into the political process to ensure their own space is protected
This sense of entitlement without matching sense of responsibilities will worsen our country and make us perpetual underdogs even when we are in the US.

Expectation is not the same as entitlement. The point of educational achievement is that you expect a certain standard of living to come of it.

When you wait and wait and still end up not seeing it...bye!

My whole post was pointing out why it is that people flee and why it's not farfetched to anticipate that they will. Brain drain happens all over the world and not just in Nigeria.

Like this guy:

Victorex001:

I deserve better, it’s a short life I deserve and owe myself sanity and too bad my home country can’t offer me that.

Not everybody wants to be a sacrificial lamb
Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by TWoods(m): 4:38pm On Jan 24, 2020
Nukilia:
Trump is a big time spoiler! undecided

He is only protecting his country. No surprise, this rule has broad support, even among those who hate trump. If you notice, no one in the US is raising any objections to this. It means the next administration is unlikely to remove the regulation.
Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by TWoods(m): 4:48pm On Jan 24, 2020
Gerrard59:

First, I don't support illegal migration for various reasons ranging from the humiliation to it being illegal and unnecessary stress. However, for prospective students, his policies are not favourable to them. The Chinese are suffering from them, now imagine students from Nigeria and other African countries. I do understand that it is his responsibility of protecting the country from "invaders", however, I prefer someone whose policies will favour my interests.

No US president will favour your (Nigerian) interests. The Chinese are not suffering from US immigration rules, most Chinese F1 students go back to China after their studies. Sorry to disappoint but the overwhelming sentiment is that even among those who hate trump, his immigration policies are broadly (if not grudgingly) supported. The only reason the rules are not tighter is simply because of the Latino lobby within the Democrat party. The Latinos want a lax US immigration policy so their South American kin can cross the border as they please. In my view, they are largely the only reason that jus solis still exists.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by BreconHills(m): 4:57pm On Jan 24, 2020
AnanseK:
A very good move. I wonder why a foreigner delivering his foreign child in America should automatically give the children citizenship.
A good move to stop the birth tourism but not enough.
There should be legislation in America to rule that all children born in America have the citizenship of their parents countries. So the baby is American only if the parent was already an American citizen. That makes sense.

The 14th Amendment to the US Constitution would make any such executive action illegal which would leave an amendment to the constitution as the other option. Amending the constitution requires a vote advantage across the legislative assemblies that Donald Trump does not have.

In short your proposal is impossible under the current political configuration.
Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 24, 2020
This is bad news for Nigerians coming to the U.S to give birth but I saw this coming with Trump so can't say i'm surprised.
Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by shogsman(m): 7:05pm On Jan 24, 2020
Victorex001:

Shut up. This is the only thing Nigeria/Nigerians are good at...bragging about potentials with nothing to show for it.

I use to be like you with all patriotism till the last general elections, it’s like y’all coursed to either vote APC or PDP...the young vibrant and intelligent candidates were ignored while in this century Nigeria is being ruled by an illiterate.

Who’re the leaders celebrated and called hero’s in Nigeria today? Tinubu, Dino Malaye, Bukola Saraki, even some youths still celebrate Abacha...all rogues and greedy thieves.

There’s no place like home yen yen yen, Nigeria is dead and it appears the citizens don’t ever want to progress.

Don’t tell me about my self esteem lol, I deserve better, it’s a short life I deserve and owe myself sanity and too bad my home country can’t offer me that.
Classic case of an unpatriotic person with zero self worth. If those people ran from their countries during the American civil war or great depression the country will not be the great citadel it is today,no country deserves to have cowards like you has it citizens.

1 Like

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by AnanseK(m): 7:55pm On Jan 24, 2020
BreconHills:

The 14th Amendment to the US Constitution would make any such executive action illegal which would leave an amendment to the constitution as the other option. Amending the constitution requires a vote advantage across the legislative assemblies that Donald Trump does not have.
In short your proposal is impossible under the current political configuration.

That doesn’t make it fair or decent. They must find a way to stop these conwomen going for birth tourism.
Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by AnanseK(m): 7:56pm On Jan 24, 2020
midnighter:

That goes against the whole spirit of why they founded America. The US is a migrant country

Its just now that people are exploiting it too much that they had to do this

Are you for it or against it? Don’t sit on the fence.
Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by Ferguson100(m): 8:19pm On Jan 24, 2020
When I'm still planning to visit USA for my wife's delivery
Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by midnighter(f): 8:40pm On Jan 24, 2020
AnanseK:

Are you for it or against it? Don’t sit on the fence.

Actually, I'm quite ambivalent on this particular measure by the US govt. I can understand why they wouldn't like the idea of somebody grabbing their passport and zooming off so I can see where theyre coming from. It doesn't really rile me that much

I was only moved by the incongruousness of your earlier post with core American values. The whole point of the US was people leaving their countries behind and forging new identities for themselves. So ruling that an American can only be born to another American defeats the whole concept.
Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by linearity: 8:59pm On Jan 24, 2020
PaulSimon2020:
You are right and those your friends are quite lucky. I have seen lots of people that had "Not eligible for AOS" written on their B1/B2 as well. USCIS is one big broken bureaucratic agency that treats cases differently. If you are fortunate enough to meet an agent that doesn't follow Trump's words letter to letter, then that's your lucky day!

Bros, The border agent is just like a gateman; their only authority is to either allow you into the compound or send you away....and regarding that, please comply with them to the uttermost, so they can allow you in....They are not the final say and the amount of days they stamp on your passport or even if they stamp 'Not eligible for AOS' it does not matter....once a gateman open gate and allow you go inside, if him like make him say...'You only have two minutes to stay or if them like make dem say... you must not go into the bedroom, etc'...once you enter...those opinions can be over-written.

I have seen many people getting the 'Not eligible for AOS' nonsense stamped on their passport that carries no weight in law... that just the opinion of the the gateman aka border agent....once the agent allow you in, him work done finish....and once in, you can get admission and have your status adjusted to F1, or get employment and get H1b (though, you had to travel out of the country to adjust to H1b) or find the love of your life and get marry, etc.

Also, you should know that Trump is a bully, so the guy yell alot and his words are not law....even the recent muslim ban they did...many people they dump in their so-call administrative processing, immediately they file a case to sue the government, the government silently gave them their visa and let them go gege..

In addition, if the gateman aka border agent like, make them stamp and give you only two weeks to attend that conference, once you step into the country, you can see another conference, or want to extend your stay to go on vacation or find school attend, etc and can immediately petition to get an extension or something else.

CBP aka gateman aka border agent that stamps your passport at the POE is a different agency from USCIS that will received your application to extend your stay or adjust your status...once you are allowed into the country, though they both report to DHS....So...bros...leave wetin them write for motor, just make sure say conductor allow you enter motor, make you no argue with the conductor....when you enter motor finish...then you fit select any seat or even change seat..

1 Like

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by anonimi: 1:48am On Jan 25, 2020
midnighter:
Expectation is not the same as entitlement. The point of educational achievement is that you expect a certain standard of living to come of it.

My whole post was pointing out why it is that people flee and why it's not farfetched to anticipate that they will. Brain drain happens all over the world and not just in Nigeria.

Like this guy:

Not everybody wants to be a sacrificial lamb

For our country and blacks generally, even in the advanced countries, it is more appropriate to say that no one wants to be the sacrificial lamb but everyone has the expectation of a certain standard of living from a community/society that they have invested nothing into.
See the dilemma

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6423790_africa2debt_jpeg668126b9bb169d38087fd57900dde379

www.nairaland.com/attachments/294278_chinainafrica_jpgbd4ea16cc6391fffe329bb549e5ad537

1 Like

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by midnighter(f): 5:58am On Jan 25, 2020
anonimi:

For our country and blacks generally, even in the advanced countries, it is more appropriate to say that no one wants to be the sacrificial lamb but everyone has the expectation of a certain standard of living from a community/society that they have invested nothing into.
See the dilemma

I dont understand where all the argument is coming from; the hundreds of thousands of Nigerians in diaspora who have contributed to healthcare, commerce and education nko?

Even if you have a point, you are also detracting from it from being extreme. You cant deny the fact that people who try and try in this country often have nothing to show for it where they would have in a working system, which is why they emigrate in search of greener pastures. Thats all I was driving at in my original comment.

Whether they should be doing that, whether our political engagement is up to standard or the wider question of lack of progress in black nations is a different story.

If you want others to acknowledge that black people should do more, then you yourself need to admit that we are not totally useless, everywhere we go.

Anyway, you keep poking holes in my comments and attaching all these provocative cartoons. I notice that most of your posts seem to imply an exasperation with black Africans.

Im curious; what is your own solution to the problem? What about "blacks" do you wish to improve (I do understand that we could do better)?
Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by 9jaRealist: 7:24am On Jan 25, 2020
genq:
Lead by example - start fixing Nigeria first then il join you grin

Of course I am...

You don’t need political position to make a change...
Even merely imploring Nigerians to change Nigeria is a start.
>
Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by 9jaRealist: 7:39am On Jan 25, 2020
midnighter:

Not quite...

Apart from the reality of NO guarantees...
Education is merely a TOOL, not a job application.

The real value of education is the development between your ears...
Even in the US and UK, many graduates end up serving coffee and driving Uber.

Sadly, the reality is that certification is often mistaken for education in Nigeria...
With proper education, the range of opportunities in this country is virtually limitless.
>

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by DexterousOne(m): 7:48am On Jan 25, 2020
linearity:

Bros, The border agent is just like a gateman; their only authority is to either allow you into the compound or send you away....and regarding that, please comply with them to the uttermost, so they can allow you in....They are not the final say and the amount of days they stamp on your passport or even if they stamp 'Not eligible for AOS' it does not matter....once a gateman open gate and allow you go inside, if him like make him say...'You only have two minutes to stay or if them like make dem say... you must not go into the bedroom, etc'...once you enter...those opinions can be over-written.

I have seen many people getting the 'Not eligible for AOS' nonsense stamped on their passport that carries no weight in law... that just the opinion of the the gateman aka border agent....once the agent allow you in, him work done finish....and once in, you can get admission and have your status adjusted to F1, or get employment and get H1b (though, you had to travel out of the country to adjust to H1b) or find the love of your life and get marry, etc.

Also, you should know that Trump is a bully, so the guy yell alot and his words are not law....even the recent muslim ban they did...many people they dump in their so-call administrative processing, immediately they file a case to sue the government, the government silently gave them their visa and let them go gege..

In addition, if the gateman aka border agent like, make them stamp and give you only two weeks to attend that conference, once you step into the country, you can see another conference, or want to extend your stay to go on vacation or find school attend, etc and can immediately petition to get an extension or something else.

CBP aka gateman aka border agent that stamps your passport at the POE is a different agency from USCIS that will received your application to extend your stay or adjust your status...once you are allowed into the country, though they both report to DHS....So...bros...leave wetin them write for motor, just make sure say conductor allow you enter motor, make you no argue with the conductor....when you enter motor finish...then you fit select any seat or even change seat..

Interesting
Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by DexterousOne(m): 7:52am On Jan 25, 2020
TWoods:

No US president will favour your (Nigerian) interests. The Chinese are not suffering from US immigration rules, most Chinese F1 students go back to China after their studies. Sorry to disappoint but the overwhelming sentiment is that even among those who hate trump, his immigration policies are broadly (if not grudgingly) supported. The only reason the rules are not tighter is simply because of the Latino lobby within the Democrat party. The Latinos want a lax US immigration policy so their South American kin can cross the border as they please. In my view, they are largely the only reason that jus solis still exists.

What is this one saying?

You really think a constitutional amendment on birth right citizenship is possible?
Hahahahahaha

And you think it's "just because of the Latino lobby" that is standing in their way?
Re: Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth by midnighter(f): 7:56am On Jan 25, 2020
9jaRealist:

Not quite...

Apart from the reality of NO guarantees...
Education is merely a TOOL, not a job application.

The real value of education is the development between your ears...
Even in the US and UK, many graduates end up serving coffee and driving Uber.

Sadly, the reality is that certification is often mistaken for education in Nigeria...
With proper education, the range of opportunities in this country is virtually limitless.

You dont get it. I was not disputing the value of education. I was comparing the expectation for its dividends with the reality on ground.

The fact that in the US and UK, many graduates end up driving Uber, serving coffee, working reception desks and other mundane jobs is irrelevant because you havent qualified that assertion.

Are you comparing the lunacy of being owed months of salary to being a taxi driver in America?

Does a trained teacher expect to suffer these types of indignities in his adult life?

Are you comparing a Business or Media Studies graduate from a low-ranked UK university with poor-quality research who was unable to find a suitable job in post-recession Britain with a qualified Nigerian doctor who deals with a crippling patient ratio and has to work in 2 different hospitals to keep the lights on in his house?

If you want to discuss these things you need to make a specific point otherwise your post ends up being redundant.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? / Top 10 Hangout And Fun Spots In Ibadan And Its Environs / Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.