Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps (5580 Views)

Ambode Presents Y2016 Budget Proposal Of N665.588bn To House Of Assembly / Senator Dino Melaye And His Vintage Car Spotted In Maitama [photos] / Ambode Submits List Of 23 Commissioners, 13 Special Advisers To House For Screen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by edicolove: 2:09am On Dec 09, 2010
Embattled leader of the self-styled 'Progressives' in the House of Representatives, Honourable Dino Melaye has resumed in the National Assembly,

http://spotlightnigeria.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=212:dino-melaye-returns&catid=34:politics&Itemid=55
Re: Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by RICHIEBOI1(m): 2:52am On Dec 09, 2010
hope they dont behave in an unruly manner next time.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by HighChief4(m): 3:24am On Dec 09, 2010
Good he is back, Bank-Ole is really a disappointment
Re: Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by edicolove: 3:28am On Dec 09, 2010
Democracy wins again!
Re: Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by shevalync: 12:08pm On Dec 09, 2010
thought the house will apeal the court rulling.I admire the courage of the 5 legislooter that seek court redress.
Re: Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by bisiaet: 1:44pm On Dec 09, 2010
Pls let nobody point accuse finger to anybody or call anybody a thief. All of them in both chambers, Melaye, The Leadership, Bakole and whatever are all T H I E F S. so no one should say democracy won, win what?

Thiefs fighting thiefs so what is democracy in this? Let Melaye and his gangs come out and swear that since they assumed office as Rep. Member no ghana must go were drop on their car boot or drop in their house or can they swear they have be living with their salary since their inception as senator? So what is here now to celebrate or to say democracy has won? Correct rubbish people!!!!!!!!!
Re: Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by DeepSoul(f): 1:46pm On Dec 09, 2010
I saw Dino Melaye vibrating on TV some days ago when he was denied access into the National Assembly. Good to know that all that vibrating eventually paid off
Re: Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by Escalante4: 2:47pm On Dec 09, 2010
Pls let nobody point accuse finger to anybody or call anybody a thief. All of them in both chambers, Melaye, The Leadership, Bakole and whatever are all T H I E F S. so no one should say democracy won, win what?

Thiefs fighting thiefs so what is democracy in this? Let Melaye and his gangs come out and swear that since they assumed office as Rep. Member no ghana must go were drop on their car boot or drop in their house or can they swear they have be living with their salary since their inception as senator? So what is here now to celebrate or to say democracy has won? Correct rubbish people!!!!!!!!!
[i][/i]
Bros,
Easy small. even though all of them are guilty of one form of corruption or the other but the fact is people like Dino tried to expose such atrocities and is suffering for it. If the likes of him were up to 15 in number in the house, then we would at least be seeing some transparent operation going on even if it is not meant for the benefit of the citizens. One day the masses will key on outcomes of such transparencies and this will lead to a big change in our perception of our leaders and their activities.
Re: Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by bignaija(m): 2:57pm On Dec 09, 2010
nice one
Re: Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by md4real(m): 2:59pm On Dec 09, 2010
i like this guy
Re: Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by tolu001: 3:01pm On Dec 09, 2010
Bros,
Easy small. even though all of them are guilty of one form of corruption or the other but the fact is people like Dino tried to expose such atrocities and is suffering for it. If the likes of him were up to 15 in number in the house, then we would at least be seeing some transparent operation going on even if it is not meant for the benefit of the citizens. One day the masses will key on outcomes of such transparencies and this will lead to a big change in our perception of our leaders and their activities.

Stop deceiving urself, what was he exposing? they are all birds of a feather. The guy and his fellow "retrogressives" dishonorable members just started stupid war they cant finish when they felt they were not given the fair share of the loots as expected. They felt being short-changed and decided to employ the "i will expose you strategy" to make them look like angels. They are not fighting any "holy" war, they are only fighting for their individual pockets and political relevance.

Bunch of stupid M.O.R.O.N.S that know nothing than to loot the treasury dry.

Nemesis is at the corner
Re: Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by Meldrick(m): 3:06pm On Dec 09, 2010
RICHIE BOI:

hope they dont behave in an unruly manner next time.

WHO WAS UNRULY, BANK[b]OLE[/b] OR MELAYE? TRYING TO EXPOSE THIEVES IN THE HOUSE IS NOW AN UNRULY BEHAVIOUR ABI?
HISSSSSSSES
Re: Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by anonimi: 3:22pm On Dec 09, 2010
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by chosen6(f): 3:45pm On Dec 09, 2010
Even if Dino Melaye is a thief, he is still a progressive thief compared to the ever retrogressive thief called BANK-OL.
Re: Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by tolu001: 4:00pm On Dec 09, 2010
^^^ Imagine the Nigerian mentality. . . what is progressive in a thief?, a thief is a thief once the definition of the word thief remains unchanged. So wake up girl, nothing good comes from evil. They all the same, I'm sure Dino might be even worse if in Bakole's shoe.
Re: Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by ddippset(m): 4:30pm On Dec 09, 2010
DINO MELAYE IS NO SAINT! HE IS ONLY DISGRUNTLED BECAUSE HE DID NOT GET A SHARE OF THE 9 BILLION NAIRA BANKOLE LOOT. FOR THOSE of you who have fogotten, DINO MELAYE WAS PATRICIA ETEH'S HENCHMAN WHEN SHE MISAPPROPRIATED 630 MILLION. HE HELD A WHITE HANKY AND FOUGHT 4 HER ON NATIONAL TV. ALSO I SAW A PROGRAMME LAST YR ON AIT WHEN MELAYE WAS A GUEST ALONG WITH FESTUS KEYAMO. KEYAMO COMPLAINED OF CORRUPTION IN THE HOUSE AND DINO MELAYE SHOUTED HIM DOWN AND SAID IN THESE EXACT WORDS "WHY ARE U DRINKING PANADOL FOR ANOTHER MAN'S HEADACHE?" SO 4 THOSE OF U FEELING SORRY 4 THIS MAN, IAM SORRY 4 YOU 2.
Re: Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by Maxidoe(m): 4:55pm On Dec 09, 2010
I dont understand what the crux of the matter is, but one question i want to ask is should Dino have kept quiet without talking? he may be same as them, he may have spoken because he was not given a share of the loot, but one thing is that he spoke out, so the speaking out is what is commendable. They need to rat themselves, the rat that would expose them must come from within them, whomever that rat is, i will not see as a heroe or saint in the society, i would just commend for choosing to be a rat at that particular time.
Re: Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by abes(m): 5:18pm On Dec 09, 2010
A member of the House of Assembly represents a group of people who are citizens of The Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Suspending or barring a member means denying some group of Nigerians to have a say on national issues. Is it proper?
Our system of government in Nigeria is clearly not democracy.
Re: Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by Escalante4: 5:30pm On Dec 09, 2010
Stop deceiving urself, what was he exposing? they are all birds of a feather. The guy and his fellow "retrogressives" dishonorable members just started silly war they cant finish when they felt they were not given the fair share of the loots as expected. They felt being short-changed and decided to employ the "i will expose you strategy" to make them look like angels. They are not fighting any "holy" war, they are only fighting for their individual pockets and political relevance.

Bunch of silly M.O.R.O.N.S that know nothing than to loot the treasury dry.

Nemesis is at the corner[color=#990000]
[/color][/i]Let me let you in on somethings Dino has tried to expose. You may not be aware but the contract sum for expanding the tarmac for the Abuja airport which was awarded to Julius Berger was worth more than what was used to build a whole airport in Ethipia and that airport is adjudged as one of the Largest in Africa. Dino's efforts helped expose that and the contract currently stands cancelled by federal govt with a review to reviewing it.
The current dualisation of the Abuja airport road project has had the irregularities involved in the award process exposed by Dino and this brought the attention of the federal government to reviewing the entire contract award process.
The fight against finacial misappropriations in the house of reps was not begun actually by Dino. Remember Keyamo started this with the vehicles they wanted to purchase and it seemed he couldn't muscle his points thru before Dino decided to step up to the plate.

You see T, there is need for all of us to concentrate on the positive implications of certain developments in our govt. This way we can have a good refernce point for any reforms needed. Dino may be doing this for the wrong reasons but the fact still remains that you and I are getting a better feel of what is going on in that chamber of theirs and the more aware we start to become, the more we can start to question things until the right things start to be done.

A new wind of change is blowing across the country right now. I can feel it. I urge you and everyone on nairaland forum to step out from your shells and key into it. It will definitely make for a better tomorrrow.

I no be politician oooo!![font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][i]
Re: Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by tunyus(m): 6:38pm On Dec 09, 2010
@topic, as if i care
who know maybe DINO is even a bigger thief than bank-OLE,they are all bird of same feather.ko si omo rere ninu ibon
Re: Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by chosen6(f): 7:03pm On Dec 09, 2010
tolu001:

^^^ Imagine the Nigerian mentality. . . what is progressive in a thief?, a thief is a thief once the definition of the word thief remains unchanged. So wake up girl, nothing good comes from evil. They all the same, I'm sure Dino might be even worse if in Bakole's shoe.

What a mentality that you have . . . . . . . .Do you know that some thieves are redeemable? while others are not? I prefer that a devil that is redeemable that an Angel who is yet to recognise that not all angels are Godly.
Re: Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by MaiSuya(m): 9:26pm On Dec 09, 2010
According to reports they were not allowed into the chambers:

Reinstated lawmakers barred from National Assembly complex

From Azimazi Momoh Jimoh and Terhemba Daka, Abuja

FOUR of the lawmakers whose suspension was nullified by an Abuja High Court to resume their legislative duties at the House of Representatives were yesterday barred from gaining access to the National Assembly Complex in Abuja.

The Police Division at the National Assembly later said they were acting on instructions.The suspended lawmakers - Dino Melaye, Bitrus Kaze, Solomon Awhinawi and Anas Adamu - trekked to the main gate of the National Assembly accompanied by the court bailiff sent to serve the leadership with the court judgment but were prevented from entering the Assembly complex by a detachment of policemen stationed at the main gate.

advertisement
Uneasy calm prevailed at the main gate as it took a combined effort of the State Security Services (SSS), head of the Sergeant-at-Arms, Col. Emeka Okere, policemen as well as the private security officials attached to the National Assembly to effectively carry out the blockade to prevent them from resuming plenary yesterday.

Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu and his aides were also held at the gate but eventually passed through the rowdy situation. But other visitors, including foreign dignitaries, journalists and bank workers were not so lucky as they were barred by the security men.

Other lawmakers, including Senator Iyiola Omisore, Kanti Bello, Ibrahim Ida, Umaru Dahiru and Femi Gbajabiamila, a representative, among others, who were caught in the melee at the gate, had a hectic time before they could gain access, as they had to abandon their vehicles in the traffic and trek to their offices in the complex. They declined to make comments.

Melaye and his colleagues who were at the Assembly gate at exactly 10a.m. chanted solidarity songs as they expressed disappointment at the development.

They also took a swipe at the police authorities who they said were used to prevent the implementation of the court order.

"We have a judgment, they don't have a superior judgment; they don't have a stay of execution. Yet they are stopping us by using the Nigeria police to obstruct justice.

"They are using the Nigeria police to stop us from going into the chamber. If they know they have a case, the National Assembly is supposed to be a respecter of the constitution and the court of this land," he said.

"If now as I am standing here, they serve me a superior order, that supersedes what I have, I will go back home. This is unfortunate, this is draconian, this is satanic, this is unacceptable and I will not allow it.

"What we are saying is that the Nigeria Police have been used. It is unfortunate and we are going to tell the whole international community. They barricaded the gate and stopped us from going in when we have an order. We came with the court bailiff who spoke to them and showed them all the documents but they are adamant and ignored it," Melaye said.

Also speaking, Bitrus Kaze said: "We have now been properly vindicated by the legal luminaries, but we are unfortunately now being disgraced by the very authorities that ought to provide protection to us, in connivance with the police."
Re: Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by Mingler: 5:11am On Dec 10, 2010
visit www.professionalsinnigeria.com to meet professionals from across Nigeria.
Re: Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by ijapet: 9:23am On Dec 10, 2010
abeg may no body insult Dino or try to say he too is currupt, i believe he must have been giveen "something" to keep quiet, but he still went ahead to expose them, which means he was never part of such. Dino is another Dorah Akuyili in nigeria
Re: Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by tolu001: 11:34am On Dec 10, 2010
What a mentality that you have . . . . . . . .Do you know that some thieves are redeemable? while others are not? I prefer that a devil that is redeemable that an Angel who is yet to recognise that not all angels are Godly.

lmao @ your shallow thinking. What makes you think he is redeemable while Bankole is not hmmm? are you on Dino's payroll. Look here girl, the caliber of which these thieving legislooters belong will never repent until they meet their Waterloo. Nobody ever tastes honey to later spits it out at his free will, they have tasted free money, u think they will give that up easily? NO! They will fight with their last drop of blood to protect their so-called investment (Nigerian Treasury) and stay politically relevant until they can fight no more
Re: Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by chosen6(f): 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2010
tolu001:

lmao @ your shallow thinking. What makes you think he is redeemable while Bankole is not hmmm? are you on Dino's payroll. Look here girl, the caliber of which these thieving legislooters belong will never repent until they meet their Waterloo. Nobody ever tastes honey to later spits it out at his free will, they have tasted free money, u think they will give that up easily? NO! They will fight with their last drop of blood to protect their so-called investment (Nigerian Treasury) and stay politically relevant until they can fight no more

''Our lives begins to end the day we became silent about things that matter'' . . . . . . . Martin Lutter King, Jr.

For exposing and not keeping quiet like others when it mattered most, Dino has proven to be a redeemable Devil unilke BANKOLE and his cohorts who kept quiet while at same time trying very hard to intimidate those who have chosen to expose the evil deals taking place in the house.

Am not afarid of sinners who are willing to turn a new leaf. Am only afarid of sinners who claims to be saints with their supporters.

Does supporting the truth means being in someone's payroll? . . . , With your mindset am not surprised that Nigeria will never make any progress in the fight against corruption.
Re: Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by tolu001: 4:55pm On Dec 10, 2010
Firstly it's Martin Luther King, Jr., then point of correction, Dino is only making noise cos he felt short-changed like he and his cohorts were not given a fair share of the loot. Bankole would have made a louder and more reasonable noise if in dumb Dino' shoe. Think about that. . . stop sweating on these looting B.A.S.T.A.R.D.S
Re: Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by chosen6(f): 5:12pm On Dec 10, 2010
Sorry, i thought you are smarter than this (No offence)

So at your age you can still buy that cheap ''crap'' that whosoever chooses to fight the powers that be must be doing it cos he/she is being short-changed?

Am really disappointed!!!!!

No wonder undertone is read into any positive action that any government carries out in this country.

Your point of correcting who I quoted in my quote, I do not understand!
Re: Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by Eemah(m): 8:42am On Dec 11, 2010
Why o they have to suspend them in the first place afterall that was the same reason they impeachd Patricia etteh for , why are they not subjecting the present leadership for investigation after all the so alled progressives have made an allegation.
In developed societies leaders resign when the are accused of such alleation to pave way for inestigations why is our own different ?
Re: Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by tolu001: 11:25am On Dec 11, 2010
@chosen Why have you chosen not to understand, do i have to open that ur coconut head and stick my message into it grin grin tongue. I'm not saying it's wrong to expose injustices or corruption whenever u see one, all i'm saying is in this particular case of Dino and his cohorts, they only started crying when it wasn't business as usual for them in the house.

Why didn't we hear his voice when he was made chairman of a committee? WHY NOW?, did he just see the corruption? where has he been all these while that he only started crying after he was removed as the chairman of a committee and the relevance is no longer there as usual? If you notice very well, all these brouhaha started when Bank. OLE reshuffled the committees, Dino was removed as head and not given another committee to head like some of his other colleagues who were made heads of another committee after being removed fro their previous positions. So he felt sidelined, not that he has the interest of the nigerian people at heart

Don't mind them, Dino and his cohorts are just some sets of hungry attention seekers.
Re: Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by Ibomade1: 6:05pm On Dec 12, 2010
Can't believe he was suspended for so long. Shame on Dimeji Bankole
Re: Dino Melaye Returns To House Of Reps by Alxmyr(m): 3:12am On Dec 13, 2010
ddippset:

DINO MELAYE IS NO SAINT! HE IS ONLY DISGRUNTLED BECAUSE HE DID NOT GET A SHARE OF THE 9 BILLION NAIRA BANKOLE LOOT. FOR THOSE of you who have fogotten, DINO MELAYE WAS PATRICIA ETEH'S HENCHMAN WHEN SHE MISAPPROPRIATED 630 MILLION. HE HELD A WHITE HANKY AND FOUGHT 4 HER ON NATIONAL TV. ALSO I SAW A PROGRAMME LAST YR ON AIT WHEN MELAYE WAS A GUEST ALONG WITH FESTUS KEYAMO. KEYAMO COMPLAINED OF CORRUPTION IN THE HOUSE AND DINO MELAYE SHOUTED HIM DOWN AND SAID IN THESE EXACT WORDS "WHY ARE U DRINKING PANADOL FOR ANOTHER MAN'S HEADACHE?" SO 4 THOSE OF U FEELING SORRY 4 THIS MAN, IAM SORRY 4 YOU 2.

Mrs Etteh never misappropriated N630Million. Check your fact, she was alleged to have intended to spend N530M on renovation of house and purchase of cars.
She was set-up by the those who felt slighted that a woman head House of Rep. The first amongst is Hon. Farouk Lawan. Check your facts.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Heavy Biafran Protest Ongoing At Aba,all Activities Shut Down. [PHOTO] / My Tribe Needs To Sit Up And Neither Are We As Smart As We Think / Check Out Who Buhari Is Gonna Pick As His Next Vp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.