Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,119 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Smith Wigglesworth's 1947 Prophecy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Smith Wigglesworth's 1947 Prophecy (858 Views)

Smith Wigglesworth: The Secret Of His Power / Quotes Of Faith From Smith Wigglesworth / Remembering Popular Apostle Of Faith, Evangelist Smith Wigglesworth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smith Wigglesworth's 1947 Prophecy by Kei144(m): 6:03pm On Jan 24, 2020
Smith Wigglesworth was a well-known evangelist. He had humble beginnings in life, took up the trade of a plumber and was then powerfully used in a world-wide ministry of evangelism with miraculous healings and miracles accompanying the ministry of the word. He lived from 8 June 1859 to 12 March 1947.

Shortly before he died in 1947, he delivered the following prophecy:

During the next few decades there will be two distinct moves of the Holy Spirit across the church in Great Britain. The first move will affect every church that is open to receive it, and will be characterized by the restoration of the baptism and gifts of the Holy Spirit.

The second move of the Holy Spirit will result in people leaving historic churches and planting new churches. In the duration of each of these moves, the people who are involved will say, 'This is a great revival.' But the Lord says, 'No, neither is this the great revival but both are steps towards it.'

When the new church phase is on the wane, there will be evidence in the churches of something that has not been seen before: a coming together of those with an emphasis on the word and those with an emphasis on the Spirit.

When the word and the Spirit come together, there will be the biggest move of the Holy Spirit that the nations, and indeed, the world have ever seen. It will mark the beginning of a revival that will eclipse anything that has been witnessed within these shores, even the Wesleyan and Welsh revivals of former years.

https://prophecytoday.uk/study/prophetic-insights/item/389-testing-prophecies-together-smith-wigglesworth-s-1947-prophecy.html
Re: Smith Wigglesworth's 1947 Prophecy by Kei144(m): 6:29pm On Jan 24, 2020
Smith Wigglesworth was an exceptionally great man of God. This very prophecy of his marks him out as truly exceptional.

I came across this prophecy years ago and I tried to make meaning out of it, but could not. I could not figure out this thing about a meeting together of people who emphasize the word and people who emphasize the Spirit. I do know that such separate groups of people exist, but how their convergence would trigger the great end-time revival was what I couldn't fathom out. I happened to be one of those who emphasize the word, as I love to go deep into the word of God.

As I posted in this https://www.nairaland.com/5639665/training-son-god#85929713 , after years of emphasis on the word, some time in 2013, I was lying on the bed and suddenly Jesus' word in the Bible came into my mind: "If by the Spirit, I cast out demons, the kingdom has suddenly come upon you." From that moment, I began to bring in emphasis of the Spirit into my usual life of emphasis on the word. As this this convergence of word and the Spirit developed in my life, by December 2013 every sick person that I prayed for got healed immediately.

From my knowledge and experience so far, I want to say that the people who rendered Smith Wigglesworth's 1947 prophecy didn't capture his prophecy accurately. The great end-time revival will not result from a convergence of any two sets of people, rather the great end-time revival will be as a result of an interplay between the Spirit and word of faith.
Re: Smith Wigglesworth's 1947 Prophecy by Kei144(m): 6:46pm On Jan 24, 2020
1Co. 14:32 The spirits of prophets are subject to the control of prophets.

The great end-time revival will result from sons of God (People who have the Spirit of God in them) learning and mastering how to operate the Spirit of God in them. The way to operate the Spirit of God (Christ in me) is through word of faith.

Ro. 10:8 “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” [Deut. 30:14] that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming.
Re: Smith Wigglesworth's 1947 Prophecy by Vintax(m): 9:56am On Feb 01, 2020
Nigeria from Africa shall spear-head the upcoming greatest revival before the rapture of the saints in christ,40 years of great signs and wonders from now is upon the church to be seen thru massive evangelism.

1 Like

Re: Smith Wigglesworth's 1947 Prophecy by Kei144(m): 6:24am On Feb 02, 2020
Vintax:
Nigeria from Africa shall spear-head the upcoming greatest revival before the rapture of the saints in christ,40 years of great signs and wonders from now is upon the church to be seen thru massive evangelism.

40 years? The rapture is taking place in November this year.
Re: Smith Wigglesworth's 1947 Prophecy by Vintax(m): 8:55am On Feb 02, 2020
@Kei144 i will call you by December this to confirm if you have been raptured.

ISAIAH 60:1-3
As for me and the church of christ we have just been ushered in 40 years of the manifestation of God's glory and power thru great signs and wonders as many athiests and unbelievers are getting won to the LORD OF GLORY:JESUS CHRIST GLORIFIED.
Re: Smith Wigglesworth's 1947 Prophecy by LastDays777: 1:52pm On Feb 08, 2020
Vintax:

Exactly. True.

This country is the trigger point and will be the base station for the revival.

End time armies of God are going to rise up strongly from this nation. Unknown people. Nameless. Selfless.

Instead of rapture, we should prepare for persecution and martyrdom because it's coming first.

Sadly, many Christians are not ready for this. Most hoping to be raptured out of the world before anything bad happens. This will make many lose their faith when they don't get raptured.

Change is coming. What a great change it will be. Time to preach the true kingdom message with great power and demonstration.

Glory be to God.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How Presenting Jehovah As God Has Driven Many To Atheism / Watch Video: FG Locked Down Lagos, Abuja To Secretly Install 5G – Oyakhilome / New Question For You Guys! (atheist Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.