Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,984 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Fallacy About Acne(pimples) - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Fallacy About Acne(pimples) (40777 Views)

Severe Acne (pimples) Treatment / Homemade Aspirin Mask Helps Heal Acne, Pimples, rashes / Foods That Cause Acne/pimples - Must Avoid List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by Timi1990(m): 7:46pm On Dec 14, 2010
Thanks a lot . Infact when i get there, am going to order for one carton of the soap.
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by rubi(f): 9:48pm On Dec 14, 2010
Ambi skin care is very good you can get it in any beauty supply store
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by Timi1990(m): 10:00pm On Dec 14, 2010
@rubi is that Ambi skin care a soap or what ? Pls explain better and where to get the original one
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by InkedNerd(f): 10:15pm On Dec 14, 2010
Timi1990:

Thanks a lot . Infact when i get there, am going to order for one carton of the soap.

I don't think you should buy a whole carton. For now, by one bar of soap and see if it works. You wouldn't want to spend a lot of money on something only to find out that it doesn't work.

Timi1990:

@rubi   is that Ambi skin care a soap or what ? Pls explain better and where to get the original one

Ambi is a skincare brand that makes a variety of products that range from facial to body care products. Ambi products are primarily known for their ability to even out complexions, smooth out skin, and depending on the soap, to eliminate acne. There are different products that Ambi makes--soaps, moisturizers, body oil, and scar minimizers.
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by Timi1990(m): 10:22pm On Dec 14, 2010
@rubi thanks , pls are they available in local pharmacies around ?
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by rubi(f): 10:25pm On Dec 14, 2010
Timi1990:

@rubi is that Ambi skin care a soap or what ? Pls explain better and where to get the original one

It is a soap and I buy it in New York here so I don't know anythng about immitation

Inked_Nerd:

Ambi is a skincare brand that makes a variety of products that range from facial to body care products. Ambi products are primarily know for their ability to even out complexions, smooth out skin, and depending on the soap, to eliminate acne. There are different products that Ambi makes--soaps, moisturizers, body oil, and scar minimizers.

Thanks for explaining
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by InkedNerd(f): 10:27pm On Dec 14, 2010
rubi:

It is a soap and I buy it in New York here so I don't know anythng about immitation

Thanks for explaining

No problem wink
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by rubi(f): 10:32pm On Dec 14, 2010
Timi1990:

@rubi thanks , pls are they available in local pharmacies around ?

I said earlier you can get it in beauty supply store
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by Timi1990(m): 10:33pm On Dec 14, 2010
@rubi thanks, i'll check any store around me if i can get it . Thanks a lot for ur contribution.
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by nanidee(f): 10:10pm On Dec 15, 2010
Hi Timi,

Lucky you!!!
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by Timi1990(m): 10:33pm On Dec 15, 2010
Thanks a lot, i'll rush down there 2morrow and give you a feed back. Thanks so much, am very greatfull.
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by InkedNerd(f): 10:39pm On Dec 15, 2010
Timi1990:

Thanks a lot, i'll rush down there 2morrow and give you a feed back. Thanks so much, am very greatfull.

Yay, glad to see that you'll finally be able to buy the soap. I hope it works for you. Make sure you moisturize your face with an oil free moisturizer afterward because the soap will make your skin feel tight [in a good way]. Its supposed to do that. I just got out of the shower a few minutes ago and my skin feels great. When I come back to Nigeria, I'm gonna stock up on soaps before I leave New York so I won't have to go run around to find it Nigeria. I have sensitive skin, so I can't use regular soaps that have sulfates in it tongue. Oh and be patient with the soap. Although you will see results immediately, be patient--within a week or two, you will see results.
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by nanidee(f): 10:45pm On Dec 15, 2010
Alright, no probs. Let me know how far, if u had any luck.

One more thing, go to the soap section and find it yourself, cos the nigerian attendants there would tell u that they don't have it, so u have to check for yourself.
Waiting to hear the good news tomorrow.
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by InkedNerd(f): 10:47pm On Dec 15, 2010
nanidee:

Alright, no probs. Let me know how far, if u had any luck.

One more thing, go to the soap section and find it yourself, cos the nigerian attendants there would tell u that they don't have it, so u have to check for yourself.   
Waiting to hear the good news tomorrow.

Have you used the soap since you bought it?
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by nanidee(f): 11:06pm On Dec 15, 2010
@ inked nerd,

U needed to have seen how fast I was to shower when I got back from work, lol.

The smell aint bad, though it smells kinda medicated, and the colour is just exactly like the chandrika, not yellow like d one you posted, but the pack and everything is the same.

Infact, I left it on my face for a little while before washing off.

Seems like its going to be a nice soap, I should have bought enough, before Timi buys everything. Lol
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by InkedNerd(f): 12:06am On Dec 16, 2010
nanidee:

@ inked nerd,

U needed to have seen how fast I was to shower when I got back from work, lol.

The smell aint bad, though it smells kinda medicated, and the colour is just exactly like the chandrika, not yellow like d one you posted, but the pack and everything is the same.

Infact, I left it on my face for a little while before washing off.

Seems like its going to be a nice soap, I should have bought enough, before Timi buys everything. Lol

Lmao, I'm sure Timi will save some for you wink. The Chandrika soap smells ten times better than Medimix. That's why I warned that the Chandrika smells good but the Medimix works better. Sometimes, I leave it on my face overnight and when I wake up in the morning, while I'm taking my shower, I wash it off. Before I started using those two soaps, I used to be scared to put oil on my face but now I have no problem applying oil to my skin. Oh by the way, the reason the Medimix in the pic looked yellowish was because the Medimix I featured was another type. They have three different types of soap : (1) Medimix with Glycerine And Lakshadi Oil, (2) Medimix with Sandal and Eladi Oils, (3) Medimix Ayurvedic Soap with 18 Herbs [that's the one you bought]. For acne problems, the best one to buy is the third one. The first one is for dry skin and the second one is for skin blemishes. I'll be going back to the Indian store near my sister's school to buy some more so I can try out another type of Medimix soap. I might try the Medimix with Sandal and Eladi Oils.

Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by nanidee(f): 9:18am On Dec 16, 2010
You are totally right about the one I bought. Yeah, it has 18 herbs.

My my, you must be a real investigator to have found out these soaps. Never heard of them.

You know the funny thing? When I went through this thread, I decided to write down the names and check them out whenever I go to Ilupeju, so I came up with a very good reason to go there yesterday (my office has a branch there), and trust me, I went straight to the indian shops.

I wasn't able to get them at the first 2 (probably because I didn't check for myself)

At the third shop, after asking for them, I was told they weren't available, but I still went to the soap area with an attendant who was searching and searching, and finally said "we don't have anything like that o".

Well, in my dissappointment, I asked if she had black soap, and just as she bent to get it, my eyes drifted to the next carton of soaps, which happened to be our dear MEDIMIX with 18 herbs. I first checked my paper to confirm it was the same, and voila!!!  cheesy cheesy

The attendant even started asking me if that's what I use, and how I got to know about it.she ended up saying she just had to buy it too, imagine. smiley

Then to make matters worse, can u imagine that none of the attendants knew the name of the street, despite the fact that they work there? so i had to check the receipt to get the name of the store  angry

Sorry for the long story, just excited about my medimix experience.

And thank you too, for coming out with your medimix discovery.
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by Timi1990(m): 10:51am On Dec 16, 2010
I went there bt they dont have it
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by Timi1990(m): 11:03am On Dec 16, 2010
@nanidee hav later gotten it at Shop perfect . Thanks a lot
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by Timi1990(m): 11:26am On Dec 16, 2010
It took me sometime to get it too, those attendants there are so fucking lazy. They cudn't even help me look for it . They told me they dont have and they hav not heard that name before. I even showed one of them the picture on my phone , yet they claim they dnt know . Anyway, thank God i later found it myself after about 25mins of searching. .
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by nanidee(f): 12:31pm On Dec 16, 2010
Lmao,

I told you, didnt I? cheesy cheesy cheesy

You should'nt have wasted your time at all, you ought to have just gone straight to search for it on your own.

Im happy you were able to get it, I sha hope you did not buy everything o! , and I hope it really works for you, just use it with faith, ehn?

I used to have acne, before, so I know exactly how you feel.

Best of Luck to you.
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by Timi1990(m): 12:42pm On Dec 16, 2010
@nanidee thanks . I'll give you a feed back, of any thing that happen after using it . Thanks so much
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by InkedNerd(f): 3:39pm On Dec 16, 2010
nanidee:

You are totally right about the one I bought. Yeah, it has 18 herbs.

My my, you must be a real investigator to have found out these soaps. Never heard of them.

You know the funny thing? When I went through this thread, I decided to write down the names and check them out whenever I go to Ilupeju, so I came up with a very good reason to go there yesterday (my office has a branch there), and trust me, I went straight to the indian shops.

I wasn't able to get them at the first 2 (probably because I didn't check for myself)

At the third shop, after asking for them, I was told they weren't available, but I still went to the soap area with an attendant who was searching and searching, and finally said "we don't have anything like that o".

Well, in my dissappointment, I asked if she had black soap, and just as she bent to get it, my eyes drifted to the next carton of soaps, which happened to be our dear MEDIMIX with 18 herbs. I first checked my paper to confirm it was the same, and voila!!!  cheesy cheesy

The attendant even started asking me if that's what I use, and how I got to know about it.she ended up saying she just had to buy it too, imagine. smiley

Then to make matters worse, can u imagine that none of the attendants knew the name of the street, despite the fact that they work there? so i had to check the receipt to get the name of the store  angry

Sorry for the long story, just excited about my medimix experience.

And thank you too, for coming out with your medimix discovery.

No problem wink. lol, I discovered these soaps by accident just a month ago. I like to use a lot of natural remedies when it comes to taking care of myself. You'd never believe where I first heard about these soaps--I heard about them on Youtube. There was a young black girl with natural hair that I saw on Youtube with FLAWLESS skin. When I say flawless, I mean it. Her skin looked AMAZING. She had the type of skin that people dream about. Anyway, someone asked her what her skincare regimen was and she talked about a soap that she used called Chandrika Ayurvedic Soap. I Googled the soap and while I was online looking I Googled the reviews for the soap, I noticed that someone on one of the review websites mentioned that there was a soap better than Chandrika and I was shocked  shocked. When I saw the name, I quickly wrote it down and searched all over for it in health food stores and Islamic stores near my house but unfortunately, a lot of them either never heard of it or didn't carry it. Then one day while I was online looking for an Indian restaurant that sells good samosas and henna, I came across an Indian grocery store that sold henna and samosas. I called them that moment and asked them if they had any Chandrika soap and they said yes and I immediately jumped up for joy. The next day, I went to Little India to go buy the soap and on my way to the store, I found another Indian store that sold a lot of Indian beauty products so I went in there first before going to the original store I planned on going to. That's when I noticed the Chandrika soap. After buying it, the people even gave me advice on how to use a variety of other India products. The Indian people in the second store were not so nice though. They didn't really help me when I walked into the store. Anyway, now I only shop at the first Indian store I went to. They're very friendly and have excellent products. The second time I came to the store, I bought the Medimix soap and was astonished that it actually did work better than the Chandrika. Hehehe, I loved that store so much that I went  back there about four times times within two weeks. Before, the only soaps I used was black soap. Now all I use is black soap, Chandrika, and Medimix. Oh and by the way, those attendants that you mentioned seemed so lazy. If there's one thing I hate more that rudeness from store attendants its laziness. Don't they know bad customer service drives customers away? Sheesh!!! angry. Anyway, I'm glad that both you and Timi1990 were able to purchase the soaps. Trust me, you won't regret it wink. By the way, I'm sorry for the long rant tongue
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by nanidee(f): 6:04pm On Dec 16, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

No problem wink. lol, I discovered these soaps by accident just a month ago. I like to use a lot of natural remedies when it comes to taking care of myself. You'd never believe where I first heard about these soaps--I heard about them on Youtube. There was a young black girl with natural hair that I saw on Youtube with FLAWLESS skin. When I say flawless, I mean it. Her skin looked AMAZING. She had the type of skin that people dream about. Anyway, someone asked her what her skincare regimen was and she talked about a soap that she used called Chandrika Ayurvedic Soap. I Googled the soap and while I was online looking I Googled the reviews for the soap, I noticed that someone on one of the review websites mentioned that there was a soap better than Chandrika and I was shocked  shocked. When I saw the name, I quickly wrote it down and searched all over for it in health food stores and Islamic stores near my house but unfortunately, a lot of them either never heard of it or didn't carry it. Then one day while I was online looking for an Indian restaurant that sells good samosas and henna, I came across an Indian grocery store that sold henna and samosas. I called them that moment and asked them if they had any Chandrika soap and they said yes and I immediately jumped up for joy. The next day, I went to Little India to go buy the soap and on my way to the store, I found another Indian store that sold a lot of Indian beauty products so I went in there first before going to the original store I planned on going to. That's when I noticed the Chandrika soap. After buying it, the people even gave me advice on how to use a variety of other India products. The Indian people in the second store were not so nice though. They didn't really help me when I walked into the store. Anyway, now I only shop at the first Indian store I went to. They're very friendly and have excellent products. The second time I came to the store, I bought the Medimix soap and was astonished that it actually did work better than the Chandrika. Hehehe, I loved that store so much that I went  back there about four times times within two weeks. Before, the only soaps I used was black soap. Now all I use is black soap, Chandrika, and Medimix. Oh and by the way, those attendants that you mentioned seemed so lazy. If there's one thing I hate more that rudeness from store attendants its laziness. Don't they know bad customer service drives customers away? Sheesh!!! angry. Anyway, I'm glad that both you and Timi1990 were able to purchase the soaps. Trust me, you won't regret it wink. By the way, I'm sorry for the long rant tongue

Awww, nice one, amazing discovery. Your "rant" tongue was rather an interesting "rant". dont I just wish all rants were like that?

But it was really nice of you to share. kiss kiss kiss kiss

I am using the soap with so much confidence.

Thanks a million, and I'll be back to give my reviews. wink
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by InkedNerd(f): 7:16pm On Dec 16, 2010
nanidee:

Awww, nice one, amazing discovery. Your "rant"  tongue was rather an interesting "rant". dont I just wish all rants were like that?

But it was really nice of you to share.  kiss kiss kiss kiss

I am using the soap with so much confidence.

Thanks a million, and I'll be back to give my reviews.  wink

lol, chai I talk too much. Anyway, I look forward to your review wink.
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by Timi1990(m): 9:24pm On Dec 16, 2010
@nanidee thanks so much, am really greatfull. Am promising you that if the soap work better on my face, am going to pay you a surprise visit , Lol !
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by Timi1990(m): 10:11pm On Dec 16, 2010
@inked_nerd thanks 4 ur support all this while. But i'll like to ask you if you know any website that sell men shirt at lower price. Although i know of ebay & Amazon, bt i'll like to know abt other that their shipping rate is more cheaper. Most of the Big store here in lagos even sell fake, i'll love 2 hear 4rm u soon. Thanks
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by Freesia(f): 12:29am On Dec 17, 2010
@ Inked_Nerd
Hey Inked Nerd Thanks for that info I will be looking for that soap in the indian shops here in the UK.My acne is now mild but I do get flare ups now and again the worst thing is the blackheads it leaves behind.
I have been looking for a moisturizer that could help diminish the marks but everything I see has harsh chemicals on it so I wont risk touching that stuff in case the acne stops hibernating and comes back in full force

[quote][/quote]
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by InkedNerd(f): 12:48am On Dec 17, 2010
Freesia:

@ Inked_Nerd
Hey Inked Nerd Thanks for that info I will be looking for that soap in the indian shops here in the UK.My acne is now mild but I do get flare ups now and again the worst thing is the blackheads it leaves behind.
I have been looking for a moisturizer that could help diminish the marks but everything I see has harsh chemicals on it so I wont risk touching that stuff in case the acne stops hibernating and comes back in full force

No problem. What type of moisturizers have you / do you currently use? By the way, the soap can help to diminish acne scars.

Timi1990:

@inked_nerd  thanks 4 your support all this while. But i'll like to ask you if you know any website that sell men shirt at lower price. Although i know of ebay & Amazon, bt i'll like to know abt other that their shipping rate is more cheaper. Most of  the Big store here in lagos even sell fake, i'll love 2 hear 4rm u soon. Thanks

No problem. I've never shopped on Ebay before and the only thing I've bought from Amazon is a book so buying clothes online is something I'm not too familiar with but I managed to find some sites that see clothes. Perhaps you could try http://www.ubid.com/ or http://www.buy.com/
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by nanidee(f): 10:25am On Dec 17, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

lol, chai I talk too much. Anyway, I look forward to your review wink.

grin grin grin

but you were typing naaaww, not talking,  lmao tongue tongue

All the same, you get a big hug from me.  kiss

Timi1990:

@nanidee thanks so much, am really greatfull. Am promising you that if the soap work better on my face, am going to pay you a surprise visit , Lol !

Yeah, an after pimples party would be nice, dont you think?, lol

But seriously though, you're very much welcome, and I would be expecting the surprise visit, cos I trust that the soap would work for you.
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by InkedNerd(f): 6:00pm On Dec 17, 2010
nanidee:

grin grin grin

but you were typing naaaww, not talking,  lmao tongue tongue

All the same, you get a big hug from me.  kiss

Hehehe, ya know what I meant grin
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by Freesia(f): 12:31am On Dec 18, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

[size=12pt][font=times]
No problem. What type of moisturizers have you[i]/[/i]do you currently use? By the way, the soap can help to diminish acne scars.

I have been using Aveeno Positively Radiant SPF 15 for about a year now,but there hasn't been much change then last week the flare ups started and I'm now using Dr Miracles's Acne system cleanser,toner & moisturizer.
I saw your article yesterday and I thought to myself I'm never going to stop looking for a remedy until I get my flawless skin back lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Steps Out Rocking Matching Colour With His Gas Cylinder / Waist Trainers And Other Body Shapers At Giveaway Prices / Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys With Braids? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.