Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,920 members, 7,821,223 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Fallacy About Acne(pimples) - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Fallacy About Acne(pimples) (40772 Views)

Severe Acne (pimples) Treatment / Homemade Aspirin Mask Helps Heal Acne, Pimples, rashes / Foods That Cause Acne/pimples - Must Avoid List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by Timi1990(m): 7:07am On Jan 08, 2011
ADUNOKIKI:

any news yet on the result of the soap, i wish to know before taking the risk of going to Iupeju as i have never been there before. Thanks. i have acne and i would be glad if it is eradicated. I have a oily skin. Thanks.

@adunokiki you can give the soap a trial, cuz i have a very bad Acne as well and have been using the soap since December. It has not really clear everything but atleast my face is a little bit presentable than before. Try it , but you need to give it time to work cuz it doesn't work like magic o o o.
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by Timi1990(m): 7:07am On Jan 08, 2011
ADUNOKIKI:

any news yet on the result of the soap, i wish to know before taking the risk of going to Iupeju as i have never been there before. Thanks. i have acne and i would be glad if it is eradicated. I have a oily skin. Thanks.

@adunokiki you can give the soap a trial, cuz i have a very bad Acne as well and have been using the soap since December. It has not really clear everything but atleast my face is a little bit presentable than before. Try it , but you need to give it time to work cuz it doesn't work like magic o o o.
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by VENUSS(f): 12:14pm On Jan 09, 2011
read dis tread a big tanks to ink'nerd for discovern ds soap. V had alot of pimples b4, but only little nw nd d scars. Startd usin medimix ysteday. Hope to c gud result soon. @ inked-nerd, do u v oil face? I v an oil face, do u tink using vit.e on it wil do. As am yet to find an oil free moisturizer.
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by Freesia(f): 4:10pm On Jan 24, 2011
Timi1990:

Waoh ! ! Cant believe my horrible Acne is gradually clearing. After using Medimix soap for the past 3 weeks, i just started seeing a little diffence on my face today.
Big thanks for everyone who have really helped and supported me with lots of ideas and good advice. Big thanks to you guys : - Inked_Nerd, Oyinda , rubi , Freesia and not forgeting u nanidee. Big kisses for all of you .kiss wink Although i still have some little spot on my face[/color][color=#770077] .

Hey Timi1990,
I can only say Thanks to you for making the Inquiry in the fast place & for Inked_Nerd for giving us a solution.Happy to see that there are some improvements on your face.I'm happy to say that I'm not breaking out as much and when I do they clear very fast mostly within a day or two.It's  a really good feeling smiley.Now i just want to focus on my pigmentation and clearing those blemishes
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by uzoo: 10:26am On Jan 25, 2011
go to the entertainmemt segment of this forum and look for the topic "abuja babes tis is for you" the poster there has a store in abuja where you can get medhmix.but if u really want to get rid of acne check out my new found love "neutrogena healthy skin formular with retinol" use an apricot scrub at least twice a week.you can get more info when u read the "prnduct review,products that actually work"segment posted by mad-max.Goodluck!
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by ADUNOKIKI(f): 7:57pm On Jan 28, 2011
Hi, to all both home and abroad. I Want to say thank to all home and abroad for the MEDIMEX soap, which i bought 20 soap last two weeks. i am glad to see it working. Tnx to all. But the question is apart from SHOP PERFECT. Is there any place where one can get the MEDIMIX in lagos. Tnx.
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by Timi1990(m): 7:15am On Jan 29, 2011
Freesia:

Hey Timi1990,
I can only say Thanks to you for making the Inquiry in the fast place & for Inked_Nerd for giving us a solution.Happy to see that there are some improvements on your face.I'm happy to say that I'm not breaking out as much and when I do they clear very fast mostly within a day or two.It's  a really good feeling smiley.Now i just want to focus on my pigmentation and clearing those blemishes
no prob, am really happy 4 u bcuz it something hav experienced too, nd i know how ugly it is to have Acne on ur face. Mine too as reduce to a reasonable extent, and infact am goin there dis morning to get a Carton of the soap.
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by InkedNerd(f): 10:33am On Feb 06, 2011
VENUSS:

read dis tread a big tanks to ink'nerd for discovern ds soap. V had alot of pimples b4, but only little nw nd d scars. Startd usin medimix ysteday. Hope to c gud result soon. @ inked-nerd, do u v oil face? I v an oil face, do u tink using vit.e on it wil do. As am yet to find an oil free moisturizer.

No, I don't have an oily face. My skin used to be oily but since I started using both the Chandrika and Medimix soap my face has done a complete 360. And yes, I do use vitamin E oil but the one I use is the vitamin E that comes in the form of a capsule. I got the idea while watching a pro-green tv channel in the US. Instead of using vitamin E oil, try using almond oil. That's what I use on my face. It can help diminish and/or eliminate acne scars. If you're looking for an oil free moisturizer, try looking for products such as Aveeno, Neutrogena, Clean & Clear, or Biore. There are plenty of other oil free moisturizers that are available or on the market. I personally rarely use creams or lotions to moisturizer my face or body. Majority of the products I use are homemade/house hold items like shea butter and oils. If you'd like the names of other oil free moisturizer, just let me know.

Freesia:

Hey Timi1990,

Glad to see that the soap helped. For pigmentation, you could try using almond oil. It can help to even out skin and improve the texture a bit. When I started using it, I saw a huge difference in my complexion.

ADUNOKIKI:

Hi, to all both home and abroad. I Want to say thank to all home and abroad for the MEDIMEX soap, which i bought 20 soap last two weeks. i am glad to see it working. Tnx to all. But the question is apart from SHOP PERFECT. Is there any place where one can get the MEDIMIX in lagos. Tnx.

Ask Timi1990. I think he bought it somewhere in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by Freesia(f): 6:46pm On Feb 06, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Glad to see that the soap helped. For pigmentation, you could try using almond oil. It can help to even out skin and improve the texture a bit. When I started using it, I saw a huge difference in my complexion.

Thank you Sis I will look into using the Almond oil I have been using Barlean's Extra virgin Coconut Oil as a moisturizer on my face since I started using Medimix it has smoothend my face but the pigmentation is still at large.
Would you happen to know the Benefits of Vitamin E oil on the face? Been reading lots of reviews esp about Jason 5,000 IU Vitamin E oil
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by InkedNerd(f): 4:03pm On Feb 16, 2011
Freesia:

Thank you Sis I will look into using the Almond oil I have been using Barlean's Extra virgin Coconut Oil as a moisturizer on my face since I started using Medimix it has smoothend my face but the pigmentation is still at large.
Would you happen to know the Benefits of Vitamin E oil on the face? Been reading lots of reviews esp about Jason 5,000 IU Vitamin E oil

Freesia, I'm so very sorry for the late response. I have been busy with work.

The benefits of vitamin E oil on a persons skin are far and wide. Pure vitamin E oil is extremely versatile. Vitamin E oil promotes healing and is an active ingredient in many products available for skin and nails. It is a strong antioxidant that prevents premature aging and should be incorporated into a daily diet. That can be done by consuming wheat germ oil, nuts, sunflower seeds, vegetable oils, avocado, and various other food sources. Vitamin E oil can be purchased at any drug store, grocery store, or health food store in either liquid or capsule form. Capsules can be punctured to release the oil for topical application. It can help to fight wrinkles, diminish/eliminate scars or scarring, lighten brown spots, moisturize and hydrate skin, and it works very well to rehydrate cuticles and nails. I have used Jason's vitamin E oil before and for the most part, it was ok. I love the aroma of the oil and the way it made my skin feel soft. I don't really buy or use it often though. At the moment, I am using EO Everyday French Lavender Body Oil, Aura Cacia Organic Sweet Almond Oil, Desert Essence Organic Jojoba Oil, Trader Joe's Vitamin E oil, and shea butter. For the most part, using my Medimix and Chandrika soap has really helped to diminish any marks or scars I may have had. I noticed the most difference when I use the EO Everyday French Lavender Body Oil and Aura Cacia Organic Sweet Almond Oil. In my opinion, those two oils seem the be the most moisturizing and seem to help the most in terms of fading and eliminating acne scars. Sometimes, I mix the shea butter and Aura Cacia Organic Sweet Almond Oil or shea butter and EO Everyday French Lavender Body Oil and apply it to my skin. I noticed a huge difference in terms of the texture and complexion of my skin when I applied the EO Everyday French Lavender Body Oil to my face. I hope this info helps. I'm so sorry for making it so long. If you have any more questions, feel fee to ask wink.
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by Timi1990(m): 6:47pm On Feb 19, 2011
Please where can i get Almond oil or Vitamin E oil ? Are they available in local stores ?
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by InkedNerd(f): 10:04pm On Feb 19, 2011
Timi1990:

Please where can i get Almond oil or Vitamin E oil ? Are they available in local stores ?

You can find vitamin E oil in any beauty supply store or any store that sells vitamins. As for almond oil, there are two types. There is sweet almond oil which can be used on skin and hair, and there is almond only which is used in cooking. Personally, I use both of them on my skin. The sweet almond can be used for cosmetic and aromatherapy purposes while the almond oil can be used just for cooking. If you want to buy and use the sweet almond oil, I would suggest you look for a place that sells scented body oils of somewhere that sells beauty supplies. If you want to buy just almond oil then perhaps you can look for a place that sells oils for cooking purposes. I hope the info help. I'll try to find more info to post of almond oil and where to buy it in Nigeria.
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by Timi1990(m): 11:27pm On Feb 19, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

You can find vitamin E oil in any beauty supply store or any store that sells vitamins. As for almond oil, there are two types. There is sweet almond oil which can be used on skin and hair, and there is almond only which is used in cooking. Personally, I use both of them on my skin. The sweet almond can be used for cosmetic and aromatherapy purposes while the almond oil can be used just for cooking. If you want to buy and use the sweet almond oil, I would suggest you look for a place that sells scented boy oils of somewhere that sells beauty supplies. If you want to buy just almond oil then perhaps you can look for a place that sells oils for cooking purposes. I hope the info help. I'll try to find more info to post of almond oil and where to buy it in Nigeria.

thanks a lot for the info. I'll be waiting 4 ur rply cuz i just ask in a pharmacy nearby but i couldn't get it .
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by imoleayo3(f): 7:27pm On Feb 20, 2011
ladies pls im also in her shoes, rite now im using the porselene range of products. no real changes tho. so i'd really appreciate any heads up on the matter. thanks a lot
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by InkedNerd(f): 12:23am On Feb 21, 2011
imole_ayo:

ladies pls im also in her shoes, rite now im using the porselene range of products. no real changes tho. so i'd really appreciate any heads up on the matter. thanks a lot

Try looking for Chandrika ayurvedic soap of Meditmix ayurvedic soap if your looking for a way to get rid of or eliminate acne.
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by imoleayo3(f): 9:42am On Feb 22, 2011
i havent been to ilupeju, but i found one indian product :; himalaya. dunno hw good it is or will be. any1 ever heard of t?
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by InkedNerd(f): 6:52pm On Feb 22, 2011
imole_ayo:

i havent been to ilupeju, but i found one indian product :; himalaya. dunno hw good it is or will be. any1 ever heard of t?

Hmmm, what is that product? Is it soap? Cream? Oil? What does it do?
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by bollyfolly: 11:03am On Feb 25, 2011
Have u tried our local soap (I mean Ose dudu) mixed with some other things?

It works, try and lodge a complain at Elewe omo, , they will mix it for you at a reasonable price.

Try it
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by akinreals: 12:26pm On Feb 25, 2011
if you have pimples on your face, please use skineal, that was what i used to deal with my pimples, u can check my profile pics, my face is now fresh and glowing.
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by eunibaby: 3:38pm On Apr 09, 2011
Hey people!!

My small two cents, I suffered seriously from acne myself for a while and did soooooo much research on it and eventually created a regime that worked to clear it all.  I wrote an ebook about it and all and I am selling the book on my website sha for anyone interested - www.get-rid-of-acne-forever.com.

As with everything, this regime has worked for some people, but who knows if it will work for every single person!
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by anotibeat: 3:25pm On Jun 27, 2011
@timi where do u get those two indian soap in Nigeria? the Medimix and the other 1?
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by swallow10: 7:23pm On Jul 16, 2011
pls where can i get medimix soap in
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by swallow10: 7:27pm On Jul 16, 2011
pls where can i get medimix soap in abuja?, i live in Abuja and acne is most turning me to mask face, can someone help pls.
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by TheBBF(f): 7:27pm On Jul 25, 2011
Another quick tip for using soaps for acne, make sure you leave the soap on your face long enough for it to work. When you lather and apply the soap to your face let it sit on your face for at least 2 minutes so that the ingredients in the soap can really penetrate your skin. On the weekends you can even leave it on for 5 minutes like a mask. I hope this little piece of advice help you! smiley
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by Timi1990(m): 12:21pm On Aug 21, 2011
anotibeat:

@timi where do u get those two indian soap in Nigeria? the Medimix and the other 1?
d place i get mine is 26b, olutunda street, ilupeju; lagos. The name of d shop is "SHOP PERFECT". But make sure u look 4 d soap urself bcuz those girlz are very lazy. Tak kia.
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by shesi(m): 12:47pm On Aug 21, 2011
@OP

you are quite wrong. In fact, all of those factors you mentioned CAN be the driving factor of acne in people. fact is, acne is very diverse and unpredictable, but hereditary (genes) and hormones ALMOST always plays a major role in acne infections.

diet can be a big factor too.
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by Jiyo(f): 4:53am On Dec 12, 2011
Spot-treating of acne does not work. The entire face and involved area must be treated daily in order to prevent new acne lesions.
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by Mimiano: 6:11pm On Oct 11, 2012
We should all be careful about what we rub on our skin, a lot of products line do not disclose all their ingredients.Even if u want a. lighter skin, go for safe lightening ingredients.Natural skin lighteners will not lighten your skin overnight. Below is a list of safe lightening ingredients u should look out for when buying skin lightening products.:

1. Kojic Acid
Kojic acid is derived from Koji (a Japanese mushroom). Kojic acid lightens the skin by inhibiting the production of an enzyme in the skin called tyrosinase which in turn reduces the amount of melanin created. Kojic acid is one of many most popular all-natural ingredients found in skin lightening goods.
2. Mulberry
This skin lightening ingredient is extracted from the roots of the paper Mulberry bags plant. Mulberry is said to be a lot more effective than hydroquinone and kojic acid within the sense that significantly lower concentrations are needed to have the same impact as higher concentrations of kojic acid and hydroquinone.
3. Alpha Arbutin
Alpha arbutin features a stronger effect than beta-arbutin and is also commonly found in skin lightening goods as a safer alternative to hydroquinone.
4. Beta Arbutin (Bearberry Extract)
Beta arbutin (commonly generally known as just arbutin) is derived from the leaves of bearberry, cranberry and blueberry plants. It works in a similar way to kojic acid, in that it inhibits the production of tyrosinase to restrict the amount of pigment developed. Although naturally derived, it can cause skin irritation in some folks with sensitive skin.
5. Glutathione
Glutathione is really a powerful antioxidant that has several wellness advantages which includes boosting the immune system and cleansing the liver. The only identified side effect of glutathione is skin whitening. All these wellness advantages plus a smooth, glowing, lighter skin tone - amazing! Glutathione is commonly identified in skin lightening pills but can also be utilised topically when identified in skin lightening soaps.
6. Licorice Root
Licorice is commonly employed within the skin lightening industry. Licorice also works to inhinit the enzyme tyrosinase to limit the amount of pigment created. www.Mulberrybags2u.co.uk has anti-inflammatory properties and is particularly effective at fading suntans.
7. Papaya
The papain enzyme located in papaya works to gently exfoliate dead skin cells and reveal new, brighter skin cells beneath. Orange and green papaya are both effective but green papaya contains more of the papain enzyme. This ingredient is most typically located in soaps but sometimes in skin lightening creams too.
8. Vitamin A (Retinol)
Vitamin A Acid, also referred to as retinol or tretinoin increases the rate at which skin cells are renewed. Elevated skin cell turnover means that the brighter, fresh skin underneath might be revealed.
9. Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide)
Niacinamide, also referred to as nicotinamide or Vitamin B3 has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It really is an effective topical skin lightener and works by inhibiting melanin production within the skin. Vitamin B3 is located in some skin whitening goods and sun screens but it's also possible to get Niacinamide capsules where the contents may be applied directly towards the skin.
10. Vitamin C
At concentrations of about 10%, Vitamin C works to suppress the production of pigment within the skin. Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate can be a derivative of Vitamin C and this is the form from the ingredient that is commonly found in skin whitening products. Vitamin C can also protect the skin from ultraviolet rays.

it is also important that u invest in a good sunsceen when using any skin lightening products.

WE CUSTOMISE SKIN CARE PRODUCTS TO SUIT YOUR SKIN TYPE, YOU CAN REACH US AT sensationalbodyspa@gmail.com or call 08027858219
Re: Fallacy About Acne(pimples) by Mimiano: 1:43pm On Oct 14, 2012
We should all be careful about what we rub on our skin, a lot of products line do not disclose all their ingredients.Even if u want a. lighter skin, go for safe lightening ingredients.Natural skin lighteners will not lighten your skin overnight. Below is a list of safe lightening ingredients u should look out for when buying skin lightening products.:

1. Kojic Acid
Kojic acid is derived from Koji (a Japanese mushroom). Kojic acid lightens the skin by inhibiting the production of an enzyme in the skin called tyrosinase which in turn reduces the amount of melanin created. Kojic acid is one of many most popular all-natural ingredients found in skin lightening goods.
2. Mulberry
This skin lightening ingredient is extracted from the roots of the paper Mulberry bags plant. Mulberry is said to be a lot more effective than hydroquinone and kojic acid within the sense that significantly lower concentrations are needed to have the same impact as higher concentrations of kojic acid and hydroquinone.
3. Alpha Arbutin
Alpha arbutin features a stronger effect than beta-arbutin and is also commonly found in skin lightening goods as a safer alternative to hydroquinone.
4. Beta Arbutin (Bearberry Extract)
Beta arbutin (commonly generally known as just arbutin) is derived from the leaves of bearberry, cranberry and blueberry plants. It works in a similar way to kojic acid, in that it inhibits the production of tyrosinase to restrict the amount of pigment developed. Although naturally derived, it can cause skin irritation in some folks with sensitive skin.
5. Glutathione
Glutathione is really a powerful antioxidant that has several wellness advantages which includes boosting the immune system and cleansing the liver. The only identified side effect of glutathione is skin whitening. All these wellness advantages plus a smooth, glowing, lighter skin tone - amazing! Glutathione is commonly identified in skin lightening pills but can also be utilised topically when identified in skin lightening soaps.
6. Licorice Root
Licorice is commonly employed within the skin lightening industry. Licorice also works to inhinit the enzyme tyrosinase to limit the amount of pigment created. www.Mulberrybags2u.co.uk has anti-inflammatory properties and is particularly effective at fading suntans.
7. Papaya
The papain enzyme located in papaya works to gently exfoliate dead skin cells and reveal new, brighter skin cells beneath. Orange and green papaya are both effective but green papaya contains more of the papain enzyme. This ingredient is most typically located in soaps but sometimes in skin lightening creams too.
8. Vitamin A (Retinol)
Vitamin A Acid, also referred to as retinol or tretinoin increases the rate at which skin cells are renewed. Elevated skin cell turnover means that the brighter, fresh skin underneath might be revealed.
9. Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide)
Niacinamide, also referred to as nicotinamide or Vitamin B3 has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It really is an effective topical skin lightener and works by inhibiting melanin production within the skin. Vitamin B3 is located in some skin whitening goods and sun screens but it's also possible to get Niacinamide capsules where the contents may be applied directly towards the skin.
10. Vitamin C
At concentrations of about 10%, Vitamin C works to suppress the production of pigment within the skin. Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate can be a derivative of Vitamin C and this is the form from the ingredient that is commonly found in skin whitening products. Vitamin C can also protect the skin from ultraviolet rays.

it is also important that u invest in a good sunscreen when using any skin lightening products.

WE CUSTOMISE SKIN CARE PRODUCTS TO SUIT YOUR SKIN TYPE, YOU CAN REACH US AT sensationalbodyspa@gmail.com or call 08027858219

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Steps Out Rocking Matching Colour With His Gas Cylinder / Waist Trainers And Other Body Shapers At Giveaway Prices / Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys With Braids? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.