Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Every State Would Have Its Own Command – Akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Every State Would Have Its Own Command – Akeredolu (718 Views)

Lagos: Elections Are Not Perfect In Every State - Reno Omokri / Which State Would Have The Strongest Passport In Nigeria / Which Other State Would Love To Live In Nigeria Apart From Your Current One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Every State Would Have Its Own Command – Akeredolu by Ashleyeniwin(f): 6:15pm On Jan 25, 2020
Every state would have its own command – Akeredolu

Ondo State Governor Rotimi Akeredolu has faulted notions held in some quarters that the recently launched security outfit, Amotekun, was aimed at preparing the ground for the Southwest geopolitical zone to secede from the country.

Speaking to select journalists in Abuja, yesterday, he maintained that Amotekun was launched with the sole agenda of complementing the efforts of security agencies to protect the lives and property of the citizenry in the Southwest geopolitical zone.

The governor hinted of plans to decentralise the outfit, saying: “We all now agree that all the necessary legal framework, when our attorney generals are through with it, we will sit down again and look at it as states and that we made it clear that the issue of regionalism is that we want to share information, share intelligence, share whatever we gather and that all the vehicles from Ondo State will be returned to Ondo State, vehicles from Ekiti returned to Ekiti, every state would have its own command.”

Akeredolu, who is at the forefront of the launch of Amotekun, however, insists that restructuring remains the panacea for the growth and development of the country.

He spoke in reaction to claims by notable Nigerians from the northern geopolitical zone that the idea behind Amotekun was part of the grand design by the Southwest zone to breakaway from the country.

Akeredolu, however, said he remains committed to ensuring an indivisible Nigeria, adding that it was unfortunate that well-informed individuals, such as Alhaji Balarabe Musa, who was the former governor of Old Kaduna State in the Second Republic misunderstood the idea behind the launch of Amotekun.

He said: “Balarabe Musa spoke out of ignorance. That is the way I see it because he is a respected leader. We all have respect for him and from his days in NEPU and PRP, till when he was impeached as governor, he was a progressive person, and he is still a progressive person. I am sure maybe he was misquoted. For me, such views from him were unnecessary.

“It is not possible. In my speech at the launch of Amotekun, I was very clear that this is not a regional army or regional paramilitary and that it is collaborative and that all we want to do is to ensure that our forests and other places, we have men who can go in to arrest these bandits and help the Police in their work.

“I remember I said something there that this nation has come to stay, if only for one reason, for my sake it must stay. So, my wife that is Ibo, if they want to break this country, where would my children go? My wife is Igbo, so where would my own children go? I believe in this country totally.

“However, we are committed to restructuring this country. We are not going to say because of Amotekun, we should not restructure; this country must be restructured. We have said so openly, it is there in the All Progressives Congress (APC) constitution and part of our manifesto. Restructuring was stated clearly that we would do it.”

He continued: “Why we have not done it, nobody knows, but we have to. But there have been some efforts to restructure. We can give it to the President, at least, let him take the credit, there have been some efforts at restructuring in one way or the other. So, restructuring is not something we can compromise.

“That is the only way for this country. We can’t continue this way. The country is hydra-headed and everybody must feel a sense of belonging and the only way is for us to carry out this restructuring.”

Akeredolu, who met with the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo; Attorney General of the federation (AGF), Abubakar Malami; Inspector General of Police (IGP), Mohammed Adamu, and other top security chiefs, hinted that Amotekun would be incorporated into the community policing agenda of the federal government.

He disclosed that each of the Houses of Assemblies in the Southwest zones would soon come up with a uniform law that would be domesticated to achieve the goal, noting: “From the onset, we were to work with security agencies. There is no way we can do it on our own; we are to work with them, but we are to have our people embedded in every one of the vehicles.

“We were to have our people only on the bike, we will not bring the bike to Akure or to Ibadan. What we were trying to do is to complement the efforts of the security agencies, especially the Police, because they don’t know the terrain.

“A number of these bandits, when it comes to the issue of kidnappings, go back and run into the forest. So, we want to use our people to trace them and give information to the Police and complement them.

“From our discussions yesterday, it was clear that one of the issues the Police were concerned about was that they were about launching community policing, and yes, a good idea from us, but we should be able to find a way forward to work together.

“I said yes, we are not opposed to it; it is about community. That was why we said the structure of Amotekun is going to tilt to accommodate the community policing policy of the federal government.

“But we will be sharing information. The meeting was very fulfilling. It went well and moreso, the AGF said he was misquoted and misinterpreted on Amotekun by the media on the matter.”

Source:http://osrc.ng/headlines/every-state-would-have-its-own-command-akeredolu/

1 Like

Re: Every State Would Have Its Own Command – Akeredolu by jantofubu(m): 6:16pm On Jan 25, 2020
FTC

Re: Every State Would Have Its Own Command – Akeredolu by Jimwils: 6:23pm On Jan 25, 2020
I summon buratai to crush this outfit now with d military force cool
Re: Every State Would Have Its Own Command – Akeredolu by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 25, 2020
“We all now agree that all the necessary legal framework, when our attorney generals are through with it, we will sit down again and look at it as states and all the vehicles from Ondo State will be returned to Ondo State, vehicles from Ekiti returned to Ekiti, every state would have its own command.”

Finally Amotekun failed grin grin grin grin

Let everyone go to their state and discuss how to fight their insecurity.

If you must come to equity, you must come with clean hands.

If their is need for regional amotekun then there is need for constitutional amendments.

If not let everybody go to their state and legislate on how to fight insecurity still with same police.

Tactically Amotekun has now been reduced to vigilantes as usual.

1 Like

Re: Every State Would Have Its Own Command – Akeredolu by Iamgrey5(m): 7:02pm On Jan 25, 2020
Osagyefo98:

If their is need for regional amotekun then there is need for constitutional amendments.

If not let everybody go to their state and legislate on how to fight insecurity still with same police.

You deliberately removed the most important piece of information from the news just to masturbate on the thread cheesy I suppose you are on heat period

He clearly said they would work to share intelligence with all the states and pass laws that are similar in every state of the Southwest.

Hence, It will operate just like Hisbah.

Hishah kano, Hisbah Zamfara etc.

It will be Amotekun Oyo, Amotekun Ogun, Amotekun Lagos. etc.

2 Likes

Re: Every State Would Have Its Own Command – Akeredolu by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 25, 2020
Iamgrey5:
You deliberately removed the most important piece of information from the news just to masturbate on the thread cheesy I suppose you are on heat period

He clearly said they would work to share intelligence with all the states and pass laws that are similar in every state of the Southwest.

Hence, It will operate just like Hisbah.

Hishah kano, Hisbah Zamfara etc.

It will be Amotekun Oyo, Amotekun Ogun, Amotekun Lagos. etc.

Amotekun has failed though I am not happy.

I was happy the other day when I read a write up from a fifth columnist that Yorubas will leave Nigeria...

Now I don't want anybody to make yorubas change their mind. They must stand on their words for oduduwa republic.

I already know you're partt of it and you have my support.
Re: Every State Would Have Its Own Command – Akeredolu by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 25, 2020
I remember I said something there that this nation has come to stay, if only for one reason, for my sake it must stay. So, my wife that is Ibo, if they want to break this country, where would my children go? My wife is Igbo, so where would my own children go? I believe in this country totally.

Please Aketi your children are yorubas and will stay in yorubaland. They are not going anywhere.

As for your wife her father's house remains her father's house and nobody will deny her that.
Re: Every State Would Have Its Own Command – Akeredolu by Iamgrey5(m): 7:16pm On Jan 25, 2020
Osagyefo98:

I was happy the other day when I read a write up from a fifth columnist that Yorubas will leave Nigeria...

Now I don't want anybody to make yorubas change their mind. They must stand on their words for oduduwa republic.

I already know you're partt of it and you have my support.
Define failure?

You guys don't even know the intention or mode of operations of Amotekun from the onset.

You believe State governments will wake up and start working outside the constitution without properly understanding their strength and limitations.

FYI, what they achieved yesterday was always their intention from onset.

Every one of the South west governors still want some degree of control over the Amotekun in their state for political reasons.

A regional outfit in which every state government still have a degree of control over who is recruited into the group within their state!
Re: Every State Would Have Its Own Command – Akeredolu by Iamgrey5(m): 7:17pm On Jan 25, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Please Aketi your children are yorubas and will stay in yorubaland. They are not going anywhere.

As for your wife her father's house remains her father's house and nobody will deny her that.
Eyah!

Chase them away when they go to visit the family of their mother in Imo state since you now speak for all igbos.

1 Like

Re: Every State Would Have Its Own Command – Akeredolu by ZombieHUNT: 7:19pm On Jan 25, 2020
Jimwils:
I summon buratai to crush this outfit now with d military force cool

No doubt you are a Buhari supporter..
This is exactly how they reason

1 Like

Re: Every State Would Have Its Own Command – Akeredolu by Monamonkey: 7:20pm On Jan 25, 2020
That is good
Re: Every State Would Have Its Own Command – Akeredolu by ZombieHUNT: 7:22pm On Jan 25, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Amotekun is here to stay .get used to it
Definition of failure here is Buhari
Re: Every State Would Have Its Own Command – Akeredolu by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 25, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Eyah!

Chase them away when they go to visit the family of their mother in Imo state since you now speak for all igbos.

Lolzzzz

He shouldn't use marriage as a measure at all. These are one of the reasons we should place so limit so tribal marriages. Why will he bring such analysis up?
Re: Every State Would Have Its Own Command – Akeredolu by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 25, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Define failure?

You guys don't even know the intention or mode of operations of Amotekun from the onset.

You believe State governments will wake up and start working outside the constitution without properly understanding their strength and limitations.

FYI, what they achieved yesterday was always their intention from onset.

Every one of the South west governors still want some degree of control over the Amotekun in their state for political reasons.

A regional outfit in which every state government still have a degree of control over who is recruited into the group within their state!

I am in support of amotekun oooo

I am not against it. All I am saying is that it must be on state basis and not regional because there is no law backing that.

Stop misunderstanding the whole stuff.
Re: Every State Would Have Its Own Command – Akeredolu by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 25, 2020
ZombieHUNT:

Amotekun is here to stay .get used to it
Definition of failure here is Buhari

Look for people who same IQ as yours and engage them.
Re: Every State Would Have Its Own Command – Akeredolu by ReubenE(m): 7:28pm On Jan 25, 2020
I don't know why I feel the cabal has succeeded in killing this Amotekun of a thing albeit gradually.

The momentum is dropping, and with comments like this one signalling different operational commands, the cabal is driving a dagger through the heart of the whole operation.

Amotekun can never be successful with different states having different strategy; policy implementation models. I know some people will come with Intelligence sharing blablabla....it may likely not work when a certain governor decides to become a pvssy later
A central command is what they need, not this sissy arrangement they are suggesting.
This for me is the beginning of the crack

Anyways, lets wait for Buhari to come and tell us what he thinks.
Re: Every State Would Have Its Own Command – Akeredolu by BuhariAdvocate: 7:29pm On Jan 25, 2020
Dead brain despite the facts that you read the news yet you are still contradicting yourself.
Osagyefo98:

Re: Every State Would Have Its Own Command – Akeredolu by Iamgrey5(m): 7:31pm On Jan 25, 2020
Osagyefo98:

I am in support of amotekun oooo

I am not against it. All I am saying is that it must be on state basis and not regional because there is no law backing that.

Stop misunderstanding the whole stuff.
Nobody said it would fully operate on a full regional basis from the onset.

Perhaps you didn't follow the argument of those involved..

That would be like a political suicide for the governors involved because they will simply be handing over their states to a person that might be used to fight against their interest in the future.

The key is

>Sharing intelligence

>Similar mode of operation

>Even using similar uniform and equipment

>and probably a weak central command based on mutual respect and understanding.
Re: Every State Would Have Its Own Command – Akeredolu by Alfaab: 7:39pm On Jan 25, 2020
Amotekun stays and it will be regional.Rhetoric, rethoric.....
Re: Every State Would Have Its Own Command – Akeredolu by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 25, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Nobody said it would fully operate on a full regional basis from the onset.

Perhaps you didn't follow the argument of those involved..

That would be like a political suicide for the governors involved because they will simply be handing over their states to a person that might be used to fight against their interest in the future.

The key is

>Sharing intelligence

>Similar mode of operation

>Even using similar uniform and equipment

>and probably a weak central command based on mutual respect and understanding.

That's only a make up to the failure of amotekun. I support regional force because it wields stronger force. State force is simply trash.

I will prefer regional amotekun but we must go through it constitutionally.....very possible.
Re: Every State Would Have Its Own Command – Akeredolu by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 25, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
Dead brain despite the facts that you read the news yet you are still contradicting yourself.

Amotekun is now been disbanded to normal vigilante group
Re: Every State Would Have Its Own Command – Akeredolu by ZombieHUNT: 7:59pm On Jan 25, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Look for people who same IQ as yours and engage them.

Buhari is a failure
Amotekun lives forever....

Sniper is still selling fast

(1) (Reply)

Governor Hope Uzodinma Schemes: Imo Concorde Hotel And Marriot: A Case Study / Sylva’s insistence on Degi aided our victory in Bayelsa – PDP / Anthony Joshua Brags About Being ‘yoruba’ In Front Of Queen Elizabeth At Commonw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.