Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,427 members, 7,958,278 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:46 AM

A State Governor Has More Statutory Power Than President Of The Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A State Governor Has More Statutory Power Than President Of The Country (754 Views)

Tinubu Is Now More Loved Than President Buhari - Reno Omokri / Bashir El-Rufai: A Local Govt In Kano Has More Voting Power Than All South-East / Ex Lagos Governor Has 3 Jets - Bode George Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A State Governor Has More Statutory Power Than President Of The Country by MayorofLagos(m): 8:44pm On Jan 25, 2020
There is no land called Nigerialand. None!

Nigeria is a mere geographical sovereing space comprising of regions or lands that are composites of the country. The regions therefore have more power and authority together when in harmony. This union of powers is what extends power to Nigeria.

When the regions are out of harmony, naturally the power and authority owned by Nigeria should diminish, not get stronger.

This basis of majority power and its net effect is the structural foundation for democracy.

Under civilian administration the process of governing is harmonized with the powers of regional authority and makes the leader or leaders in a region more authoritative than the leader at the federal seat of adminisaration. We have six regions in Nigeria, their majority will be four. If four regions find harmony of purpose they should be able to invoke their joint authority and effect change as they so desire for the country. The remaining two regions by default.must follow behind them. If the other two do not find the new direction satisfactory to their values and purpose they can elect to cease membership in the sovereingty. This principle is the framework for secession.

So what has handicapped the leaders and administrators in the four regions of SW, SS, SE and NC, who have persistently for over 10yrs called for restructuring, from effecting their majority and seizing government from the other two?

One of the worse things to have happened to Nigeria is military rule, introduced in Jan 66. There is no point to detail or relive the pains of it but lets agree and accept that the event of July 66 and the bloodshed of 67 war has been the single instrument which has empowered NW and NE to become the master of deatiny over the majority four regions.

In an interview I read today Yakasai was saying was saying if SW does not disband Amotekun its a direct dare and test of federal security forces. Are Yorubas not in the security forces? Does he expect them to enter SW qnd start killing off their own people? Yakassai is pretty much calling for mutiny at best. Yoruba soldiers will revolt and sabotage the federal might. There is no way the political wish of 2 regions can be enforced on the other four when all four are heavilybrepresented in the security force that will be used for the enforcement. It is even a surprise that what NW and NE are planning and continue to voice out in threats of using security force to get their way has not been picked up by leaders of SW, SE, SS and NC as imminent threat and for them to take ownership of that same plot to crush NW and NE and use security force thereby install restructuring permanently....and by extension revoke the current constitution and institute a new one with secession clause.

The four majority regions can do this and heaven wil not fall. By not doing so, now that we do not have martial rule under military, under a permitting civilian government that recognizes the power of four consensus as the majority authority and decider of destiny for Nigeria over the other two dissenters, our leaders and administrators in the four regions have submitted themselves willingly to be enslaved by a minority.

Those desiring restructuring do not need permission to be granted by President or the other two regions to agree. The four agreeing regions are the authority for the nation. This is not APC/PDP, this is about people, their land, their culture and their survival.

If NW and NE feel they want to use security force, remind them the other four regions have more enlisted personnel and officers in the force and their combined majority will devastate the security force personnel from NW and NE combined.

Pass this to our leaders in SW, SS, SE and NC, leta get Nigeria restructured right away.

2 Likes

Re: A State Governor Has More Statutory Power Than President Of The Country by Simplyleo: 8:52pm On Jan 25, 2020
[s]
MayorofLagos:
There is no land called Nigerialand. None!

Nigeria is a mere geographical sovereing space comprising of regions or lands that are composites of the country. The regions therefore have more power and authority together when in harmony. This union of powers is what extends power to Nigeria.

When the regions are out of harmony, naturally the power and authority owned by Nigeria should diminish, not get stronger.

This basis of majority power and its net effect is the structural foundation for democracy.

Under civilian administration the process of governing is harmonized with the powers of regional authority and makes the leader or leaders in a region more authoritative than the leader at the federal seat of adminisaration. We have six regions in Nigeria, their majority will be four. If four regions find harmony of purpose they should be able to invoke their joint authority and effect change as they so desire for the country. The remaining two regions by default.must follow behind them. If the other two do not find the new direction satisfactory to their values and purpose they can elect to cease membership in the sovereingty. This principle is the framework for secession.

So what has handicapped the leaders and administrators in the four regions of SW, SS, SE and NC, who have persistently for over 10yrs called for restructuring, from effecting their majority and seizing government from the other two?

One of the worse things to have happened to Nigeria is military rule, introduced in Jan 66. There is no point to detail or relive the pains of it but lets agree and accept that the event of July 66 and the bloodshed of 67 war has been the single instrument which has empowered NW and NE to become the master of deatiny over the majority four regions.

In an interview I read today Yakasai was saying was saying if SW does not disband Amotekun its a direct dare and test of federal security forces. Are Yorubas not in the security forces? Does he expect them to enter SW qnd start killing off their own people? Yakassai is pretty much calling for mutiny at best. Yoruba soldiers will revolt and sabotage the federal might. There is no way the political wish of 2 regions can be enforced on the other four when all four are heavilybrepresented in the security force that will be used for the enforcement. It is even a surprise that what NW and NE are planning and continue to voice out in threats of using security force to get their way has not been picked up by leaders of SW, SE, SS and NC as imminent threat and for them to take ownership of that same plot to crush NW and NE and use security force thereby install restructuring permanently....and by extension revoke the current constitution and institute a new one with secession clause.

The four majority regions can do this and heaven wil not fall. By not doing so, now that we do not have martial rule under military, under a permitting civilian government that recognizes the power of four consensus as the majority authority and decider of destiny for Nigeria over the other two dissenters, our leaders and administrators in the four regions have submitted themselves willingly to be enslaved by a minority.

Those desiring restructuring do not need permission to be granted by President or the other two regions to agree. The four agreeing regions are the authority for the nation. This is not APC/PDP, this is about people, their land, their culture and their survival.

If NW and NE feel they want to use security force, remind them the other four regions have more enlisted personnel and officers in the force and their combined majority will devastate the security force personnel from NW and NE combined.

Pass this to our leaders in SW, SS, SE and NC, leta get Nigeria restructured right away.
[/s] If you like, let a ward councillor have more power than the president that is your business but stop tagging other zones in your useless post.

You alone can't be drumming for war and expect others to join you. Go and fight your war alone.

The last thing SW and NC will ever do is to be on same side with SE. I don't know of SS, but I doubt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A State Governor Has More Statutory Power Than President Of The Country by VitorJonathan: 9:11pm On Jan 25, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:
If you like, let a ward councillor have more power than the president that is your business but stop tagging other zones in your useless post.

You alone can't be drumming for war and expect others to join you. Go and fight your war alone.

The last thing SW and NC will ever do is to be on same side with SE. I don't know of SS, but I doubt.
[/s]
lol
fake yerobas everywhere
Omoluabis beware of those claiming yeroba oo

3 Likes

Re: A State Governor Has More Statutory Power Than President Of The Country by MayorofLagos(m): 9:15pm On Jan 25, 2020
VitorJonathan:
[s][/s]
lol
fake yerobas everywhere
Omoluabis beware of those claiming yeroba oo

Oh i know, trust me. I see his post, i ignored it. Im talking about restructuring he is responding with war. grin
Re: A State Governor Has More Statutory Power Than President Of The Country by VitorJonathan: 9:21pm On Jan 25, 2020
MayorofLagos:

Oh i know, trust me. I see his post, i ignored it. Im talking about restructuring he is responding with war. grin
lol thank God real Omoluabis are seeing things now
there are many of them out there and their single mission is to always cause war between two tribes

this Amotekun of a thing really exposed alot of them
you'll never see them insult those fulani herdsmen throwing insults on Yoruba nation but you'll always see them insult those southerners that supports Amotekun.
I'm happy they're being exposed.
Simplyleo and many of them are just here for tribal bashing nothing more
what an immature souls
so please don't regard their opinion when real Omoluabis are talking

4 Likes

Re: A State Governor Has More Statutory Power Than President Of The Country by tophumble(m): 9:23pm On Jan 25, 2020
Pls tell us more.

No wonder they av power to embezzle our common wealth
Re: A State Governor Has More Statutory Power Than President Of The Country by MayorofLagos(m): 9:24pm On Jan 25, 2020
VitorJonathan:
lol thank God real Omoluabis are seeing things now
there are many of them out there and their single mission is to always cause war between two tribes

this Amotekun of a thing really exposed alot of them
you'll never see them insult those fulani herdsmen throwing insults on Yoruba nation but you'll always see them insult those southerners that supports Amotekun.
I'm happy they're being exposed.
Simplyleo and many of them are just here for tribal bashing nothing more
what an immature souls
so please don't regard their opinion when real Omoluabis are talking

You are very correct. Many of them previously thought to be Southerners are now revealed as Northerners.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A State Governor Has More Statutory Power Than President Of The Country by Captainrambo2: 9:36pm On Jan 25, 2020
Simplyleo:
[s][/s] If you like, let a ward councillor have more power than the president that is your business but stop tagging other zones in your useless post.

omenka why re yiu like this? undecided. Just because of the small 30k you want to eat ? . Eat all you want But the nation is dying. You have kids? Think of them.

And let me ask you what alliance does the sw have with Nc ?

Who made you the spokes man of the Nc?

You re from benue in the entire benue who know you? undecided

It seems your sense is falling of with you hair. Balled headed omenka undecided

3 Likes

Re: A State Governor Has More Statutory Power Than President Of The Country by MayorofLagos(m): 10:07pm On Jan 25, 2020
Captainrambo2:
omenka why re yiu like this? undecided. Just because of the small 30k you want to eat ? . Eat all you want But the nation is dying. You have kids? Think of them.

It seems you sense is falling of with you hair. Balled headed omenka undecided

grin
Re: A State Governor Has More Statutory Power Than President Of The Country by Problemkid1: 10:17pm On Jan 25, 2020
Captainrambo2:

It seems you sense is falling of with you hair. Balled headed omenka undecided
grin grin
Re: A State Governor Has More Statutory Power Than President Of The Country by TooMuchStuff: 11:40pm On Jan 25, 2020
coolOp you too much.

Mind you the NE in the equation is equally divided between Christians who prefer to be middlebelt than been branded NE.
Southern Borno
Adamawa
Taraba
Gombe
Southern Bauchi
These Christian population are now most endangered humans in the universe.
Central and Southern Kaduna too are Christian population.

So implications the voice of these terrorists is less than 20% but mastered the art manipulation on using the rest of 80%,
Just as Pareto theorem rightly postulated

(1) (Reply)

The Cable:weapons Used In Farmer/herder Conflicts Linked To Nig Security Agencie / Flashback: To cede $100m to Abacha family, hardest decision of my life -Obasanjo / Chinese Health Experts Echo TB Joshua’s Prophecy On End Of Coronavirus Outbreak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.