Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,600 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

FAAN Explains Bush Fire Incident Around Airfield Side At Lagos Airport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FAAN Explains Bush Fire Incident Around Airfield Side At Lagos Airport (263 Views)

FAAN Explains Why Corporate HQ Was Moved From Abuja To Lagos / Aso Rock Fire: Garba Shehu Speaks On The Bush Fire Incident At The Aso Villa / Kate Hopkins Mocks Nigerians Over Balogun Market Fire Incident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FAAN Explains Bush Fire Incident Around Airfield Side At Lagos Airport by mrakeli62: 10:10am On Jan 26, 2020
The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) says a bush fire incident has been reported around the RESA of 36L, Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos.

Mrs Henrietta Yakubu, General Manager, Corporate Affairs, FAAN, who made the disclosure in a statement in Lagos on Saturday, urged airlines operators and other airport users not to panic.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Runway End Safety Area (RESA) is defined as the surface surrounding the runway prepared or suitable for reducing the risk of damage to airplanes in the event of an undershoot overshoot, or excursion from the runway.

Yakubu explained that officers of the Air Rescue and Fire Fighting Services (ARFFS) were presently on the ground and fire fighting was in progress.

She said: “However, the incident did not affect flight operations as normal flight operations continue unhindered.

Yakubu said FAAN remains committed to its core values of safety, security, and comfort of passengers and airport users in the country

https://www.akelicious.net/faan-explains-bush-fire-incident-around-airfield-side-at-lagos-airport/

Re: FAAN Explains Bush Fire Incident Around Airfield Side At Lagos Airport by ogorchimeizie(m): 10:13am On Jan 26, 2020
Me and my bus and traffic cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: FAAN Explains Bush Fire Incident Around Airfield Side At Lagos Airport by Simplyleo: 10:14am On Jan 26, 2020
But what have the homeless jewish swines been celebrating since yesterday that the whole airport was up in flames? They even said the fire was so large that the airport fire service couldn't contain it.
Re: FAAN Explains Bush Fire Incident Around Airfield Side At Lagos Airport by VitorJonathan: 10:35am On Jan 26, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:
But what have the homeless jewish swines been celebrating since yesterday that the whole airport was up in flames? They even said the fire was so large that the airport fire service couldn't contain it.

[/s]
trash trash trash
more trash

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FAAN Explains Bush Fire Incident Around Airfield Side At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 26, 2020
Simplyleo:

Did Igboman snatch a lady from you? This hatred of yours towards Igbos is not healthy not for them though but for you. A lot of people here are already questioning your sanity, please disappoint them, not me because I have long confirmed it's status to be not encouraging. undecided

1 Like

Re: FAAN Explains Bush Fire Incident Around Airfield Side At Lagos Airport by Simplyleo: 11:14am On Jan 26, 2020
J111333:
Did Igboman snatch a lady from you? This hatred of yours towards Igbos is not healthy not for them though but for you. A lot of people here are already questioning your sanity, please disappoint them, not me because I have long confirmed it's status to be not encouraging. undecided
By "a lot of people", you mean ipob miscreants? cool
Re: FAAN Explains Bush Fire Incident Around Airfield Side At Lagos Airport by VitorJonathan: 11:17am On Jan 26, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:

By "a lot of people", you mean ipob miscreants? cool
[/s]
shut up
audio nairaland billionaire

(1) (Reply)

States Generate N293.80bn IGR In Q3 2019 - NBS / Breaking: Pdp Takes Protest To Us, Uk Embassies, Supports Buhari’s Resignation C / The Political System I Think Can Suit Nigeria Most But Can Never Be Executed!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.