Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) (54535 Views)

South Africans Mock Burna Boy For Failing To Win The 2020 Grammy Award / 2020 Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Reacts After Being Nominated / Rita Edochie Dedicates Her Birthday To Atiku, Prays He Reclaims Mandate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by Optimisticgondy(m): 1:00pm On Jan 27, 2020
kunkelhanspeter:

One of her song Burna did the copy copy vision
If you doubt me I will send you the song
Two self not one he copied from “anybody “ was her song
That's true..the title is "We We" by Angelique Kidjo..I was shocked when I heard that song. Burna sang "Anybody"'s verses just as the woman sang her verses in "We We". The beats are same too
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by kunkelhanspeter(m): 1:02pm On Jan 27, 2020
JosephXavier:
Animals of una wey dey support Angelique kidgo on this Grammy lthing how many of her tracks have you listened to? How many of her tracks have watched? How many of her tracks do you even have in your phone? In fact what is even the name of the album?
Mshewww

Those Grammy people rubbed Burna and everybody knows that even AK knows dat too

The link I was looking for
https://mobile.twitter.com/migotadagi/status/1221692028565716992
And
https://mobile.twitter.com/wavefro_/status/1221650158888390656?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=safari-reader%3A%2F%2Fomgvoice.com%2Fentertainment%2Freason-burna-boy-win-the-grammy-award%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR2Lua3QAWU6kfP94YdiFyM0eeCAXNwMqJoP3afL-pI0-8Qo4DffJDLQ0w8
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by JosephXavier: 1:29pm On Jan 27, 2020
kunkelhanspeter:

One of her song Burna did the copy copy vision
If you doubt me I will send you the song
Two self not one he copied from “anybody “ was her song
Agreed but that was her very old song decades of years ago
Besides who doesn't copy?
Eminem copied in his track Stan, Jay-Z copied in meatloaf so g I just died in your arm tonight, you wan bury burna because he imitated not even copy
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by optimus106(m): 1:29pm On Jan 27, 2020
garfield1:

He will when nominated again

That will be in year 2055
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by laughitall(m): 1:41pm On Jan 27, 2020
mamapidgin:
yeah thats what winner does Big up to Angelique kidjo...

Kidjo is an original content creator, nothing like copy copy...
even Burnaboy first track on African Giant Album (Anybody) was copied from Angelique Kidjo song that she sang more than a decade ago.
Burna na boy where mama kidjo de..
And don't forget that this is the fourth Grammy Award for Angelique Kidjo she deserves the award
kidjo is a bundle of musical talent very original in all her things check out her dressing, is African, her music is African, she speaks 4 different indegious African languages.. She also speaks both english and French fluently..
Thank you wise one
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by Greatfullheart: 1:52pm On Jan 27, 2020
calmG:
That woman is a legend... Burna boy is just starting...
indomie Generation will not understand

#Wombo lombo wombo lombo
Most of us sang this song but Never knew it was Angelique kidjo
from Agolo to We're One used in The Lion King Ost. I Never Knew It Was Her. By That Time Is Was A Little Kid

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by CoolAmbience(m): 1:56pm On Jan 27, 2020
sisipelebe:
Even Agolo too and Aye. I knew she was gonna win it.

She and Burna Boy nor be mate.

Some of us who have been following Ma'am Kidjo knew that Burna Boy didn't stand so much chance with her in that category.

Burna Boy has more years ahead of him. He can get there.

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by placeofallure(f): 2:08pm On Jan 27, 2020
calmG:
That woman is a legend... Burna boy is just starting...
indomie Generation will not understand

#Wombo lombo wombo lombo
Most of us sang this song but Never knew it was Angelique kidjo

Yeah we did! But not me. I knew it was Angelique Kidjo all along. I'm the type of person that will watch a movie and also find out who directed it, who produced, screen played, who costumed, the year of the movie, the cast and their other works, the ratings. The curiosity never stops. I dunno why I killed my initial idea to go into journalism.

Burna Boy! Your time will come!

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by poseidonsaiz(m): 3:12pm On Jan 27, 2020
mimimile93:
YA ALLAH THANK YOU FOR NOT MAKING BUNA TO WIN.

Big F��l, that's what you are biko..
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by Legendguru: 4:00pm On Jan 27, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by kunkelhanspeter(m): 5:11pm On Jan 27, 2020
JosephXavier:

Agreed but that was her very old song decades of years ago
Besides who doesn't copy?
Eminem copied in his track Stan, Jay-Z copied in meatloaf so g I just died in your arm tonight, you wan bury burna because he imitated not even copy

No bro
It’s very wrong if you said they rubbed Burna Boy
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by Gwagone: 5:23pm On Jan 27, 2020
mimimile93:
You cannot even spell BURNA when you can see it
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by oglalasioux(m): 6:05pm On Jan 27, 2020
Angelique Kidjo. Great talent and very original.
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by abuuzy(m): 6:19pm On Jan 27, 2020
johnmattew:
her mom isn't Nigerian yoruba.. but Benin Republic Yoruba...Yoruba is spoken in Nigeria,Benin,Togo,Ghana and Sierra leone
She had an interview on smooth FM years back with a asa in attendance.she made an emphasize that are mother is from ogun state,still has an aunty named aunty tope here in ogun state
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by mimimile93: 6:23pm On Jan 27, 2020
Gwagone:

You cannot even spell BURNA when you can see it
he didn't win that's d principal tin.
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by Tunar18(m): 6:32pm On Jan 27, 2020
Amen!!! The emptybrain has not been properly nurtured and such people are bound to fail
Banter1:
Your loss will also be celebrated very soon.
mimimile93:

It's only a pity that some brainless fellows like him fell for his foolishness.

Birds of the same feather
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by rantmoniker(m): 9:08pm On Jan 27, 2020
Burna Boy is a Legend.
Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by kunkelhanspeter(m): 12:57am On Jan 28, 2020
If you are still comparing the lady with Burna Boy just look at this picture the front roll

Re: Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) by Banter1(m): 12:35pm On Feb 02, 2020
Tunar18:
Amen!!! The emptybrain has not been properly nurtured and such people are bound to fail

It's only a pity that some brainless fellows like him fell for his foolishness.

Birds of the same feather
you're foooooolish and you've no one to tell you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Crystabel Goddy: I Have Great Body, I Like Flaunting It / Couple Who Met On The Day Efe Won BBNaija Wed (Photos) / Lizzy Jay 'omo Ibadan' Cries Out To Her Future Husband In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.