Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War (20850 Views)

Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man / Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency / R-APC: Why Buhari’s Associates Are Dumping Him – Junaid Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 11:29am On Jan 27, 2020
[s]
Finalfantasy:
This man is spot on.

The Igbos have not learnt anything.

There is no denying the Igbos have one of the greatest business acumen in Nigeria.

All that without a political advantage is rubbish. It's just like Nigeria, taking 2 steps forward, 10 steps backward.

They refuse to open the east to other tribes, instead going to other tribes places to bring business to that place, giving that place political might.

They refuse to play along with Nigerian politics so as to find their way as a majority player and seize power to do as they wish at a later time.

They will keep shouting we want out while others keep being president..

[/s]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War by LadyExcellency: 11:37am On Jan 27, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Blind bat. I read what he said about Igbo in the last question. Get your glasses

So the last paragraph is now the most intriguing conversation to title the article.

He discussed Amotekum, Southwest/Presidency meeting and other important subjects, yet it's all about Igbo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War by einsteine(m): 11:37am On Jan 27, 2020
Ogonimilitant:
This man is really terrified. They keep making reference to the civil war. Well, you think that Biafrans are afraid to go to war.

I think this man has not learned lessons from Boko Haram and Bandits ravaging his region. Wait for Trump to come back the second time. He knows everything APC has done during the last campaign to support the Democrats against him.

He also knows that it was Obama that removed GEJ and installed This disaster in Nigeria.

We shall see.

Trump is not interested in Nigeria.

Make intelligent arguments, please.

His criticism of Igbo leaders, although borne out of ethnic interest, is correct. Igbo leaders want leadership of the entire country and want to blackmail people into letting them rather than engaging in realpolitik.

People keep touting separation and Biafra as a panacea, we already know how the constituent nation's of Nigeria would be in an eventual breakup: exactly the way Nigeria is today.

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War by openmine(m): 11:37am On Jan 27, 2020
Who is this divisive personality that the press keeping granting interviews?
Everyone knows who juniad....
He is a tribalist who has never seized to fan the ebbers of war based on his unguarded utterance!
He is the type that will seek refugee in another developed country when war strikes leaving the ignorant youths to kill each other....smh
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War by Mraphel: 11:40am On Jan 27, 2020
izombie:
thank you bro. I don't know why these people still think igbos are looking for political power. We just want out of this country, period!.
Or ndi hausa be president shikena
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War by buoye1(m): 11:47am On Jan 27, 2020
seguno2:

Amotekun has put him and his fellow northern supremacists under serious pressure.
That pressure wil definitely kill them, Amotekun is here to stay

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War by gwafaeziokwu: 11:47am On Jan 27, 2020
grin grin

Have anyone noticed that eastern political leaders keep on ignoring this fool times without number. It's like he is non existent. Nobody has his time down east and the thing is really paining him.

He want to do a hatchet job of dragging east into a war of words with the north in order to distract us but no one is answering him. From cluesless Buhari, NEF to Mad Junaid, the north is baiting us with the civil war memory. Time will tell if this is a dumb move by the over confident illiterates or not.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War by Burruchaga71(m): 11:50am On Jan 27, 2020
Coldie:
I am Igbo but I don't need to read it to know its the truth our people don't know how to play politics.

Nobody will ever take us serious as long as we keep chanting Biafra.

Amongst the major tribes we igbos are the poorest, its not like we are not hardworking but no matter the kind of business u do, no matter the amount of Money u save up and make one political appointment and u will make all those Money in one day, what does that tell u?

Our foolish leaders in the east see nothing wrong with the emigration of Igbo youths to other regions on a daily basis, leading to sparsely populated towns and villages and unoccupied houses, mansions and buildings littering the east yet they see nothing wrong with it.
. You're not Igbo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War by Ogonimilitant(m): 11:53am On Jan 27, 2020
einsteine:

Trump is not interested in Nigeria.

Make intelligent arguments, please.

His criticism of Igbo leaders, although borne out of ethnic interest, is correct. Igbo leaders want leadership of the entire country and want to blackmail people into letting them rather than engaging in realpolitik.

People keep touting separation and Biafra as a panacea, we already know how the constituent nation's of Nigeria would be in an eventual breakup: exactly the way Nigeria is today.
He is not interested in Nigeria but he is placing a visa ban on you. keep consouling yourself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War by Deepthoughts: 11:53am On Jan 27, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

https://www.independent.ng/igbo-political-leaders-havent-learnt-any-lesson-from-civil-war-junaid-mohammed/
I don't always agree with Junaid but I strongly believe there is a lot of sense in what he said especially the lack of tact by the igbo political leadership, political n power acquisition is a delicate smart game you know.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War by Farki: 12:00pm On Jan 27, 2020
This agent of confusion has come again. undecided All you people talking about civil war when the guns start firing they will be the first to run away.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War by autchies(m): 12:07pm On Jan 27, 2020
Coldie:
I am Igbo but I don't need to read it to know its the truth our people don't know how to play politics.

Nobody will ever take us serious as long as we keep chanting Biafra.

Amongst the major tribes we igbos are the poorest, its not like we are not hardworking but no matter the kind of business u do, no matter the amount of Money u save up and make one political appointment and u will make all those Money in one day, what does that tell u?

Our foolish leaders in the east see nothing wrong with the emigration of Igbo youths to other regions on a daily basis, leading to sparsely populated towns and villages and unoccupied houses, mansions and buildings littering the east yet they see nothing wrong with it.

Fool am igbo but will tell you one appointment means steallingbthe people future in one day as you said.
Corruption of the zoo that is keeping the almajiris down and other tribes.
Fulani and islam spread poverty to the whole of nigeria because they are not creative. But rather they are looters and then will look for people to shout rankadede.
Igbos work for thier money so that no one is poor.
To help with politics.
Nigeria should apologise for the evil committed. Have you asked yourself if the granted or they tagged repentant biafran during the civil war.
But now they pardon repentant boko haram.
Is there any foreign intervention like the way Britain russia and Egypt helped the zoo.
Shut up efulefu.
You cant do much when 2 regions youruba and hausa keeps hanging up against the igbos.
We need breakup

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War by Malawian(m): 12:12pm On Jan 27, 2020
Donaldoni:

Come on, don't be a lunatic. Would you have read this if Junaid Mohammed wasn't in the headline Face your masters, the Fulanis... grin

Aboki attack Igbo on national newspaper, Igbos are attacking Aboki on social media, Yoruba carry mouth put to defend their Aboki masters. Whenever Aboki attack Yoruba, You will not hear pim from them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War by Donaldoni: 12:18pm On Jan 27, 2020
Malawian:

Aboki attack Igbo on national newspaper, Igbos are attacking Aboki on social media, Yoruba carry mouth put to defend their Aboki masters. Whenever Aboki attack Yoruba, You will not hear pim from them.

How did I defend your aboooki masters

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War by Supersymetry: 12:43pm On Jan 27, 2020
The people living in nigeria will be a history if they don't support Biafra peacefully.
More thy 99% of Nigerian population will not survive a second war.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War by TemmyT002(m): 12:43pm On Jan 27, 2020
Many of you didn't even read the entire article.
You don fvck up
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 27, 2020
WHAT DO I KNOW

Re: Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War by abeggnow: 12:49pm On Jan 27, 2020
shadeyinka:
The East is not looking for political power. All they want is freedom to exist free from some backward thinking people in the contraption called Nigeria.
anf there lies the problem he is talking about, only the Igbos think everybody is backwards except them and yet when u go to thier region its laughable at best. Its so messed up them can't even stay in it hence the flocking to other regions. Lets not even talk about crime.they need to get thier acts together and understand how power works. There is not way without cooperation that they will bring a leather that will govern this country. Even the north that has the highest population always seeks corporation

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War by Nasir123(m): 1:08pm On Jan 27, 2020
tessiko:
He made sense here and that's the truth the political leaders of the Igbos are the reason for the political backwardness in the region all they care is their selfish desire without thinking of the entire populace of the region nor developing their region and states, no infrastructures to attract investors both national and international. But majority has been in power for these years since inception of democracy that is why their tribes men in diaspora tried beating Ekweremmadu last year. Imagine the likes of Orji Uzor Kalu who rendered Abia bankruptcy, he used the wealth of the state to establish his own companies and even use the same company to win contracts in the state and to deceive the people that he is solely constructing road for them. Then come T. A Orji now this one Ikpeazu....... That is why I think that the Biafra agitations is wrongly channelled for now, if ipob is really fighting a good fight they should have started internally to sanitize the regions polity and sensitize it's people the need to participate fully in politics both state and federal and to ensure that leaders who are ready to work and make sacrifices are put in power. When they have 2 or 3 good leaders that are Really working then agitation for Biafra may as well be understood by many.

As simple as ABC!

I do wonder why some people will say they want Out, but their political leaders still receives salaries from the Nigeria system while neglecting the yearnings of their people.

Maybe because people who really want out aren't much!
Just imagine they want referendum like the way the Southwest recently want Amotekun! The results would have been Huge and Successful.

But No. People keeps doing the same thing in circles. .
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War by Coldie(m): 1:10pm On Jan 27, 2020
odinga1of:

I like your sense of judgement. But how do I Igbo leaders change the perception of the youth.
Igbos need presidency more than anything, even more than Biafra. Do u know what 8years presidency can do for Igbo land?

An Igbo president would make sure River Niger is dredged all the way to the Atlantic and up north so as to open up the Niger river trading routes.

An Igbo president is an answer to the years of federal neglect a lot of Igbo communities have suffered.

An igbo president is an answer to the east west rail line that's supposed to connect Lagos to SS/SE and the old East/North east route. To connect PH to Maiduguri.

You can't imagine the kind of undercover recruitment that are going on in the federal level but just because we have nobody up there we are not benefitting.

Our people need to grow up, igbos are suffering.

That Someone is earning 20naira from one business is not success.

We are loosing our identity little by little because half of our population is outside Igbo land.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War by Burruchaga71(m): 1:12pm On Jan 27, 2020
tessiko:
He made sense here and that's the truth the political leaders of the Igbos are the reason for the political backwardness in the region all they care is their selfish desire without thinking of the entire populace of the region nor developing their region and states, no infrastructures to attract investors both national and international. But majority has been in power for these years since inception of democracy that is why their tribes men in diaspora tried beating Ekweremmadu last year. Imagine the likes of Orji Uzor Kalu who rendered Abia bankruptcy, he used the wealth of the state to establish his own companies and even use the same company to win contracts in the state and to deceive the people that he is solely constructing road for them. Then come T. A Orji now this one Ikpeazu....... That is why I think that the Biafra agitations is wrongly channelled for now, if ipob is really fighting a good fight they should have started internally to sanitize the regions polity and sensitize it's people the need to participate fully in politics both state and federal and to ensure that leaders who are ready to work and make sacrifices are put in power. When they have 2 or 3 good leaders that are Really working then agitation for Biafra may as well be understood by many.
. Can u tell me any South western states apart from Lagos being the former capital that are better than any South Eastern state?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 27, 2020
izombie:
thank you bro. I don't know why these people still think igbos are looking for political power. We just want out of this country, period!.
Who gave the info about what Igbos want? Did you organise a referendum amongst ndiigbo to establish this?
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War by ddeola: 1:13pm On Jan 27, 2020
Shame on you abok*i undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War by Coldie(m): 1:14pm On Jan 27, 2020
Nasir123:

As simple as ABC!

I do wonder why some people will say they want Out, but their political leaders still receives salaries from the Nigeria system while neglecting the yearnings of their people.

Maybe because people who really want out aren't much!
Just imagine they want referendum like the way the Southwest recently want Amotekun! The results would have been Huge and Successful.

But No. People keeps doing the same thing in circles. .
This is very ignorant Amotekun and referendum are 2 different things.

The only reason why the federal govt hasn't sent soldiers to the west is that the West is not known for secessionist tendencies or any form of militancy.

If this had happened in the east or south.

By now military would have been patrolling everywhere.

We Igbo's don't want out we only want what's due for us in this Nigeria, though I know nobody gets anything on a platter of gold u have to fight for it
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War by efighter: 1:25pm On Jan 27, 2020
nairavsdollars:

The political leaders of the South- East, not the Igbos themselves as a people have not learnt anything from the civil war. They still believe that they can only gain political power through blackmail, very ugly mode of campaigning and presenting themselves as super eggs and therefore, nobody is important. They owe nobody any commitment and they don’t have to reconcile with anybody and they want power. They believe that mistakenly, I must say that the Yorubas brought Obasanjo and got power and brought themselves into Nigeria’s mainstream because they did the same thing through agitations, insults and others. Obasanjo became President in spite of his ethnic group. It was the rest of Nigeria that actually won the election for Obasanjo and not he himself or his tribesmen. I don’t know of any Nigeria who can claim to have won election solely by depending on his own tribesmen. But if they don’t want to understand this and believe it is only their tribesmen and only their use of terrible language than actually deliver to them the presidency, then goodluck to them.

/

This is the main point.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War by efighter: 1:27pm On Jan 27, 2020
shadeyinka:
The East is not looking for political power. All they want is freedom to exist free from some backward thinking people in the contraption called Nigeria.

This is the type of statment that will give you freedom. Olori Pelebe. Never, will Igbos get Biafra. Never, ever.

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War by CSTR2: 1:31pm On Jan 27, 2020
Dizzyrascal:
I can assure you that this project called Nigeria has an expiry date, only the blind ones that will not see it... they dare not conduct a referendum....even Britain had the balls to conduct an independence vote when Scotland wanted to leave...the Scottish people voted to remain in Britain....that is the same Britain that amalgamated this disaster called NIGERIA together....mark my words: NIGERIA has an expiry date, we are living on borrowed time...thank you
If Nigeria has an expiry date, why should you carry it on your head?

Others are developing themselves for the any eventuality, while clowns like you are subjecting yourselves into negative stereotypes.

Your grand children will not be able to aspire for the presidency if you people don't stop your foolishness.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 27, 2020
Finalfantasy:
This man is spot on.

The Igbos have not learnt anything.

There is no denying the Igbos have one of the greatest business acumen in Nigeria.

All that without a political advantage is rubbish. It's just like Nigeria, taking 2 steps forward, 10 steps backward.

They refuse to open the east to other tribes, instead going to other tribes places to bring business to that place, giving that place political might.

They refuse to play along with Nigerian politics so as to find their way as a majority player and seize power to do as they wish at a later time.

They will keep shouting we want out while others keep being president..

lol u guys know how to formulate useless excuses... how many timeshave u heard igbos attacked any tribe within their hood.. the way igbo handle most of other nigeria, no one will do it for them

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abdulmumin Jibrin: Ganduje Wades Into Kiru/Bebeji Contest Crisis / AFCON: Governor Fubara Gifts Nwabali ₦‎20 Million And State Honour / Mark Gbillah Responds To Sex Scandal Allegations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.