Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

I Was Scammed!!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Was Scammed!!! (1108 Views)

How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads / How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) / How I Was Scammed Of N2,000000 This Year January (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Scammed!!! by Olayinka777(m): 10:04am On Jan 27, 2020
Good morning Nairalanders,I believe we are all doing great?
I want to share a nasty experience I had with the house online on Saturday evening.

There's this Telegram group where members trade in Bitcoin,I mean they buy & sell through the help of Escrows.

To cut the long story short I have been buying btc from some websites without issues Infact I bought $30 earlier from one of the site & it was delivered promptly.

So I needed to get $50 worth more of btc that was when I just decided to give the Telegram platform a shot since I have seen many members trade there severally.

After negotiating the price with a supposed seller & the supposed escrow member that was how I was scammed of about #18,000 & the next thing I noticed was that the guys deleted all the chats we had.

Now luckily for me I have a family friend that works in the bank that the scammer used.

My question now is,do u think the family friend can do anything to get my money out?

Pls I need suggestions or pieces of advice on what to do.
Re: I Was Scammed!!! by ITbomb(m): 10:22am On Jan 27, 2020
Nairaland has trusted people on a dedicated thread and you prefer to go to unknown people
Re: I Was Scammed!!! by Darksider131: 10:27am On Jan 27, 2020
ITbomb:
Nairaland has trusted people on a dedicated thread and you prefer to go to unknown people
oya show me who go sell Ethereum to me
Re: I Was Scammed!!! by Olayinka777(m): 10:39am On Jan 27, 2020
ITbomb:

My brother it's so unfortunate o!
But are u saying there ain't scammers here too?
Re: I Was Scammed!!! by ITbomb(m): 11:13am On Jan 27, 2020
Darksider131:
oya show me who go sell Ethereum to me
Do your own due diligence

https://www.nairaland.com/3190496/currency-e-currency-market-deals
Re: I Was Scammed!!! by We4all: 12:22pm On Jan 27, 2020
Olayinka777:
Good morning Nairalanders,I believe we are all doing great?
I want to share a nasty experience I had with the house online on Saturday evening.

There's this Telegram group where members trade in Bitcoin,I mean they buy & sell through the help of Escrows.

To cut the long story short I have been buying btc from some websites without issues Infact I bought $30 earlier from one of the site & it was delivered promptly.

So I needed to get $50 worth more of btc that was when I just decided to give the Telegram platform a shot since I have seen many members trade there severally.

After negotiating the price with a supposed seller & the supposed escrow member that was how I was scammed of about #18,000 & the next thing I noticed was that the guys deleted all the chats we had.

Now luckily for me I have a family friend that works in the bank that the scammer used.

My question now is,do u think the family friend can do anything to get my money out?

Pls I need suggestions or pieces of advice on what to do.

Firstly, sorry for your loss. Secondly, NEVER transact on telegram as there are more rippers there than the whole of Nigerian population put together. Thirdly, you should have consulted your family friend first before lamenting here.

Explain everything to him, and share a screenshot of the cleared chats and evidence of payment. Then implore him to help you in placing a 'post no debit' on the account(this will help if the money has not be withdrawn already).

Afterwards, threaten the guy and ask for your btc;but be careful as there are softwares for fake bitcoin transactions.

Note: If your family friend is the type that acts all sanctimonious and proper, he may not want to do your bidding since it is sort of unofficial. But implore on him to help you out so you can teach the ripper a lesson.
Re: I Was Scammed!!! by Olayinka777(m): 12:36pm On Jan 27, 2020
We4all:

Firstly, sorry for your loss. Secondly, NEVER transact on telegram as there are more rippers there than the whole of Nigerian population put together. Thirdly, you should have consulted your family friend first before lamenting here.

Explain everything to him, and share a screenshot of the cleared chats and evidence of payment. Then implore him to help you in placing a 'post no debit' on the account(this will help if the money has not be withdrawn already).

Afterwards, threaten the guy and ask for your btc;but be careful as there are softwares for fake bitcoin transactions.

Note: If your family friend is the type that acts all sanctimonious and proper, he may not want to do your bidding since it is sort of unofficial. But implore on him to help you out so you can teach the ripper a lesson.

Sure I informed the family friend on that very day & he promised to look into it when he gets to office today(Monday)
Re: I Was Scammed!!! by teezy001: 2:00pm On Jan 27, 2020
Computer Centre Business

Good day to you Nairalanders. I've a Computer business Centre in Sango Ota area, Ogun State running for almost 4 years now.

I need an investor for expansion, anyone who is interested in investing #300k to #500k and receive 40% interest within 9 Months.

Our services include:
�Training both Deskstop and Engineering.
� Typing and graphics design
� Repairs of laptop, desktop and Mobile unlock.
� CBT Training
� Online Registration
� Educational Consulting Jamb, GCE, WAEC, NECO etc.

This amount is realistic. Few are the pointers you should know.
� It is a physical business, you will come for an inspection before you invest a Kobo. Come and see for yourself.
�It is not a new start-up, customers are involved not to talk of the prospects.
� An investor will receive his or her ROI money back weekly or monthly, into the bank account you provided. You will start getting your ROI the first month you invest.
� It will be binded legally. Your money is safe.
� You don't have to be present. Your money is working for you.
� I handle the business and maintenance myself as I'm a trained Computer Engineering Post Graduate.
NB: You will never make this much with your savings in a bank, even with 2years deposit, this is not a Ponzi scheme or get rich syndrome scheme. Your investment is meant for expansion.

Any interested and serious investor should dm.

Thanks.
Re: I Was Scammed!!! by Greatzeus(m): 4:33pm On Jan 27, 2020
I don't know why anytime I read a scam story on Nairaland,I am always more angry at the person scammed than the scammer.
You are a Nairalander,with all the knowledge and information available to you here,you still get scammed easily. Nairaland has pushed my scam sensitivity so high,with all the scammers and scam stories I read here all the time,I think if you can scam me,I will probably hang your picture on my wall and start worshipping you,fact.
Re: I Was Scammed!!! by Osasu99(m): 12:09am On Aug 16, 2020
I was scammed too today, please moderator, save other people move trends like this to FP
Cc lalastica

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Borehole Rigs And Drilling Equipment For Sale / How To Make Up To #5k Daily / 3ply Face Masks Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.