Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,072 members, 7,818,201 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" (69825 Views)

Mr Malami's Bias: If Amotekun Is Not Legal, Who Legalized This? - Pictures / Amotekun Is Unconstitutional - Maigari Dingyadi, Police Affairs Minister / Malami Explains Why Amotekun Is Illegal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by tiwiex(m): 8:43am On Jan 28, 2020
edoairways:
He raised some valid points such as registration of security officers via birth certificate from the church.
Valid? Who Validated his points? Southern states have a mix of Muslims and Christians. They would never restrict Amotekun to a religious group. Stop further spreading rumours. The argument against Amotekun has been all religious and tribal. It is a security outfit first. People are being kidnapped and killed on a regular basis. Let's focus.
Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 28, 2020
Ekun means Leopard and amotekun in yoruba literally means..like or semblance of a leopard
Cheetah resembles the leopard hence, the amotekun( amo-tekun meaning, like-leopard) . The man is grossly misinformed
Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 28, 2020
grin Muslims don carry their Wahalaa come again. Which one be Amotekun is a Christian name? So Cheetah now is now a christian name abi? grin
When I see muslims and their rubbish they do sometimes, I can do nothing but Laugh, It shows how empty these people are. See how they Reduce Christians to Animals. Saying Cheetah is a Christian? Which one come be Muslim? Elephant abi? When sense no day, na this be the kain thing we go day see grin

1 Like

Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by Zona123(m): 9:06am On Jan 28, 2020
grandiose4ever:

I posted the verse in Yoruba up there. There's no Amotekun (cheetah). You only have Kinniun(lion) Ikooko(hyena) ekun(leopard)
the Bible verse in question did not even say that the people were being protected by the leopard but that the leopard is guarding the city so that anybody that tries to escape from the other beasts mentioned shall be killed by the leopard. I'm not surprised that he misquoted the Bible even the devil did the same when he was tempting Jesus Christ

1 Like

Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by BetterMan247(m): 9:08am On Jan 28, 2020
Solorrman:
Atleast he is expecting to meet the virgins and this is more likely than worshipping a God that has anus and penix.
confuse soul
Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by SmartMugu: 9:18am On Jan 28, 2020
grandiose4ever:
This man's family needs to enroll him at a mental facility..

The Yoruba people would need to work tediously to weed out likes of Ishaq from relevance less he cause a regional rift which would be a gift to the North.

By the way the bible was translated by highly intelligent and educated Yorubas that they wouldn't make a mistake of interpreting Ekun(Leopard) as Amotekun(Cheetah)...

Ishaq Akintola has proven himself a treasonous snake that must be ostracized from the south west.
I think he's just a puppet. Others are pushing him to say all these nonsense because of his Yoruba surname. The dude is really sounding like a mental patient.
Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by yellowman2225(m): 9:24am On Jan 28, 2020
goodnessme1:
I think muric is right.

Why are Amotekun members mostly christian,even when we Yoruba muslims are more in population here.

At least 92% muslims 8%christians.

Oh! How did yiy get this stats?

Ekiti state and Ondo has almost 99% Christians. Only Lagos, Ogun and Oyo can boast of 50%-50% Christian Muslim. Go to ondo and ekiti and do your checks.

Muslim and TAQIYA (Deception)
Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by robosky02(m): 9:27am On Jan 28, 2020
So if the animal called leopard is a Christian

Then the animal called cow is. A Muslim

Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by Kingrefreshed: 9:27am On Jan 28, 2020
goodnessme1:
I think muric is right.

Why are Amotekun members mostly christian,even when we Yoruba muslims are more in population here.

Why did you refuse to grow? It's people like you they always brainwash to join Boko Haram in the far north.
Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by Datsme: 9:28am On Jan 28, 2020
grandiose4ever:

I posted the verse in Yoruba up there. There's no Amotekun (cheetah). You only have Kinniun(lion) Ikooko(hyena) ekun(leopard)

Ekun is tiger
owawa is cheetah
Amotekun is leopard
Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by Prophet777: 9:33am On Jan 28, 2020
That is the full meaning of Amotekun...

1 Share

Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by Datsme: 9:34am On Jan 28, 2020
jimyjames:
I thought Yoruba's said amotekun is a cheetah not a leopard

Ekun is tiger
Amotekun is leopard
Owawa is cheetah
Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by Ifebazz(m): 9:35am On Jan 28, 2020
Why haven't MURIC complained about Arabic inscriptions on the Naira?

grandiose4ever:

http://muslimrightsmuric..com/2020/01/let-amotekun-embrace-all.html?m=1
Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by superstar1(m): 9:39am On Jan 28, 2020
MURIC and CAN are clowns of the Milenium.

Amotekun sounds like Michael or John. The clownish MURIC can as well name them Abdulkareem
Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by PervertProphet: 9:42am On Jan 28, 2020
grandiose4ever:
Jeremiah 5:6

"Nítorí náà, kìnnìún láti inú igbó yóò kọlù wọ́n,
ìkookò aginjù yóò sì pa wọ́n run,
ẹkùn yóò máa ṣe ibùba sí ẹ̀bá ìlú yín
ẹnikẹ́ni tí ó bá jáde ni yóò fàya pẹ́rẹpẹ̀rẹ,
nítorí àìgbọ́ràn yín pọ,
ìpadàsẹ́yìn wọn sì pọ̀."

Olodo man. Where did he see "Amotekun"?

You can now see clearly how these Taqiyyists Acadips&Muric members like Yusuf Adepoju&Ustaz of Ewedu, Jamiu Adegunwa that was disgraced by the Arab Man, Christian Prince alongside with his apprentice,Lateef keep reading the Bible upside down.

If you do not study these facts yourself just the way you just went to Yoruba Bible to dig this up. By just listening to them as the ignorant ummah does without apt study. One will be misled away by these followers of the 7th Century illiterate self-proffessed murderous cross-dresser pedophile plagiarizer pervert prophet.

They lie every inch like Zaki Nair who was caught lying severally in one video.
Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by peterpetrelli(m): 9:43am On Jan 28, 2020
grandiose4ever:

http://muslimrightsmuric..com/2020/01/let-amotekun-embrace-all.html?m=1
who authorize dis stupid prof to dey talk on any matter.dem need to check d man
Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by Hugo7(m): 9:43am On Jan 28, 2020
goodnessme1:
I think muric is right.

where did you get this percentage ratio from?
Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by jimyjames(m): 9:43am On Jan 28, 2020
Datsme:

Ekun is tiger
Amotekun is leopard
Owawa is cheetah

Another Yoruba said ETA is cheetah
Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by edoairways: 9:43am On Jan 28, 2020
tiwiex:

Valid? Who Validated his points? Southern states have a mix of Muslims and Christians. They would never restrict Amotekun to a religious group. Stop further spreading rumours. The argument against Amotekun has been all religious and tribal. It is a security outfit first. People are being kidnapped and killed on a regular basis. Let's focus.
Did you read my post at all?
Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by Prophet777: 9:44am On Jan 28, 2020
AMOTEKUN

"Nobody can intimidate the Yorubas. Amotekun has come to stay.
In the 70s during the civil war, Metro Cinema, Yaba, Lagos was bombed, by the rebel forces. The (Nigerian) Security and Civil Defense Corps was set up by the South West as a voluntary organization, to assist in civil matters, and also as a reaction to the exigency of that time. It was resisted by the powers that was. Today, the Corps has been hijacked by the Federal Government. They are now using "Federal Character" to get their children enlisted in the Corps.
The Oyo State Government set up the Road Safety Corps around 1978 to control traffic and prevent road accidents in Oyo State.
Prof Wole Soyinka was the first Corps Marshall.
Shehu Shagari's Government, banned the operatives from operating on the Federal roads. Today it had been hijacked by the same Federal Government.
Some people are simply afraid and jealous of progressive innovations of mental Giants, not because the ideas are necessarily bad, but because it exposes their own emptiness and lac of ideas. There is nothing anybody can do to draw the progress of Yoruba race backward. Ours is a pace setting race. Whether Amotekun will make or break Nigeria, it has come to stay"

- Afe Babalola, SAN
Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by lucky4west: 9:46am On Jan 28, 2020
phorget:
Will I be asking for so much if I should ask all of us to give our lives to Jesus Christ? The end is truly near and it'll gladden my heart if we all make it to the beautiful paradise. This world is already over brethren, we are only experiencing the last kick of a dying horse.
This is not about church, nor is it about your religion. This is about us knowing the true worship which is in our Lord Jesus Christ. He is our only hope of eternity.
....thank you God bless you
Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by PervertProphet: 9:46am On Jan 28, 2020
imolile:
"Islamic Group Accuses MURIC Leader Of Terrorism

THE leader of the Muslim Rights Congress, (MURIC) Prof Ishaq Akintola has been accused to desperately working to destabilise Yorubaland and spur the region into an inter-religious conflict.

In a statement on Monday, the Coalition of Progressive Yoruba Islamic Groups, (COPYIG) said Akintola has dedicated his entire lifetime to the promotion of religious distrust, cruel hatred, violence, armed rebellion against Yoruba people and their history and religious bigotry.

The group in a statement signed by its National Coordinator, Mallam Mukthar Abdullahi Okunade said Akintola has no other agenda except to set Yorubaland and Nigeria on the path of blood letting and primitive trend of avarice.

"It is unfortunate that one Akintola who leads MURIC has consistently fan embers of disunity in Yorubaland hiding under the guise of Islam to set brothers against brothers, communities against communities and men against women.

His thoughts are nothing but a "reflection of the ideology of Daech" the coalition stated describing him as a shameless paid agent of the Fulani caliphate.

The group said Akintola is a big threat to t
Southern Nigeria expecially the Yoruba, Igbo and South South who owes the key to the liberation of Southern Nigeria from Fulani stranglehold"

Okunade said Akintola appears to consistently raise funds from Fulani extremist groups who bankroll all his press statements and his evil plots adding that his lifetime wish is to see Yorubaland turn into another Lebanon.

'Akintola has no followers. He is an extremist and a sadist. He appears to have suicide instint. We urge him not to attempt to drag the entire Yoruba along on his pathway of mischief and treachery against the Yoruba people".

The group asked the Lagos State University to sack him saying that his ideas are injurious to the search fod knowledge in any decent society.

The coalition said Akintola has been promoting the invasion of Yorubaland by armed gangs and potential terrorists all for personal financial gain.

The group said Akintola lacks the capacity for clear and logical thinking and that his ability to reason in an orderly manner is a big problem to him.

"In his riotous mind, blind rage and in a show of complete lack of wisdom, he claimed Amotekun is a Christian outfit. This shows how shallow and irresponsible Akintola is. The head of Amotekun in Ogun State is a retired AIG, Subair; the man in charge of Amotekun in Ondo State is Aliu Tijani, a retired senior police officer, the person in charge of Amotekun in Ekiti State is Chief Jinadu. Aare Ona Kakanfo Iba Gani Adams who has been supporting Amotekun is a Muslim. THE Alaafin Oyo who backs Amotekun is a Muslim. We caution Akintola to halt is hatred for the Yoruba Nation.We urge him to learn to read books and bail himself out of his state of psychological disorder."

The group added "If he fails to repent, the God of Yoruba Nation will seek revenge against his plot to distort Yoruba civilisation."

Copied

Thank you.

The Muric is a real Islamist.
Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by PervertProphet: 9:48am On Jan 28, 2020
AgentNairaland:

Oro lo fe gbo..

The atrocities of ur prophet Muhammad made his god allah to forget him inside grave I think you know...

Muhammad's god allah commanded maximum of four wives, ur prophet married over ten wives against the commandment of allah, is that not disobedient at higher order??

You said we Christians worship Jesus Christ, good... Now tell me the reason why you're worshiping the STONE OF KAABA according to Quran 2:125. Let me qoute the verse

[Quran 2:125] We have rendered the shrine (the Kaba) a focal point for
the people, and a safe sanctuary. You may use Abraham's shrine as a
prayer house. We commissioned Abraham and Ismail: "You shall
purify My house for those who visit, those who live there, and those
who bow and prostrate"

In which you must bow, cycling and kiss the stone of kaaba during hajj to mecca, what shall we call this??

Your family starting from ur father, mother ought to have been stone to death you this gargantuan gaga

Lol!

You forgot to add that these Taqiyyists really don't like revealing to the public that the vaginal shaped stone that they kiss and verenate is the very arm of Allah.

Hadith

Humaid bin Abu Sawiyyah said:

I heard Ibn Hisham asking "Ata' bin Abu Rabah about the Yemenite Corner, when he was performing Tawaf around the House. "Ata' said: Abu Hurairah told me that the Prophet (ﷺ) said: "Seventy angels have been appointed over it. Whoever says: Allahumma inni as'alukal-"afwa wal-"afiyah fid-dunya wal-akhirah; Rabbana atina fid-dunya hasanah, wa fil-akhirati hasanah, wa qina "adhaban-Nar (O Allah, I ask You for pardon and well-being in this world and in the Hereafter. Our Lord, give us good in this world and good in the Hereafter and protect us from the torment of the Fire), they say: Amin." When he reached the Black Corner (where the Black Stone is), he said: O Abu Muhammad! What have you heard about this Black Corner? "Ata' said: Abu Hurairah told me that he heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) say: "Whoever faces it is facing the Hand of the Most Merciful.'" Ibn Hisham said to him: O Abu Muhammad, what about Tawaf? "Ata' said: Abu Hurairah told me that he heard the Prophet (ﷺ) say: "Whoever performs Tawaf around the House seven times and does not say anything except: Subhan Allah wal-hamdu lillah, wa la ilaha illallah wa Allahu Akbar, wa la hawla wa la quwwata illa billah (Glory is to Allah, praise is to Allah, none has the right to be worshipping but Allah, and there is no power nor strength except with Allah), ten bad deeds will be erased from him, ten merits will be recorded for him, and he will be raised ten degrees in status. Whoever performs Tawaf and talks when he is in that situation, is wading in mercy like one who wades in water."

English : Vol. 4, Book 25, Hadith 2957
Arabic : Book 25, Hadith 3070
Sunan Ibn Majah
Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by Ofemmanu1: 9:49am On Jan 28, 2020
Viscy:
There is always something cynical & comical with any article emanating from this MURIC group.

Professor Comedian Akintola is the President and founder of MURIC, and also serves as the Secretary, Spokes person, Youth Leader, Publicity Officer and the only member of the Association. grin
That basterrd mumu is just a self obsessed weasel.
Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by lucky4west: 9:51am On Jan 28, 2020
these guys are just confused, and living in delusion...must you bring religion into every thing? this has nothing to do with the religions itself or the white man...this is our own ignorance and stupidity...MURIC are just confused set of people and their spokesman a slowpoke to say the least
Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by Mrhonesty: 10:00am On Jan 28, 2020
This Jihadist is really insane. Being educated doesn't make one automatically wise.
Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by ThatFairGuy: 10:03am On Jan 28, 2020
Middle finger
Smartchoiice:

You mistake me for your mirror reflection
Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by ofwest47(m): 10:09am On Jan 28, 2020
I am a Muslim Amotekun has nothing to do with Christian name Amotekun has been a Yoruba name for leopard from inception .
Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by Franking: 10:10am On Jan 28, 2020
GamalNasser:
Leopards will be suprised to find out they are classified as Christians by one communal fool in Nigeria

Stop confusing people. That's a tiger. I have seen pictures of Leopards and cheetah depicting amotekun. Y'all need to make up ur mind which one u really mean. What is Amotekun?
Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 28, 2020
Muric is not recognized as a reasonable organization among the majority of people in South West. Muric is a collection of people using Islam to form alliance with the North to share in the looting of the South Nigeria's wealth and benefit from funds coming from Arab Nations to propagate Islam and indirectly empower terrorism. Before the elections, their members were busy sending messages to us in Yoruba land about PMB on whatsap. The messages were so much that it looked as if they were fighting Jihad. Most of the time, their messages were highly incoherent and illogical.

That made me to know why Alhaji Abdullahi Akinbode left as NASFAT Chief Missioner .

Yorubas are made up of traditional worshippers, free thinkers, Muslims and Christians. Muric with their affiliation to government for political gains cannot dictate to South West people on Amotekun.

1 Like

Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by GamalNasser: 10:21am On Jan 28, 2020
Franking:

Stop confusing people. That's a tiger. I have seen pictures of Leopards and cheetah depicting amotekun. Y'all need to make up ur mind which one u really mean. What is Amotekun?

That's s snow leopard
Re: MURIC: "Amotekun Is A Christian Name, Must Be Changed" by FactualSpeech: 10:27am On Jan 28, 2020
grandiose4ever:

just a correction. Ekun is tiger, Amotekun is leopard

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Atiku Floors Tinubu Inside Kaduna Government House / I Will Make A Beautiful Bride — Nerita Ezenwa, Fani-Kayode’s New Lover Says / Fatima, Mamman Daura Daughter Leaked Aisha Buhari’s Video, Presidency Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.