Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia (50167 Views)

Atiku, Saraki, Bruce, Fayose, Dogara React As Osinbajo Survives Helicopter Crash / Roads Blocked As Osinbajo Visits Delta State (Photos) / Plateau Killing: Governor Lalong Laughs As Osinbajo Visits Him. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia by naptu2: 8:49pm On Jan 27, 2020
Prof Yemi Osinbajo @ProfOsinbajo

The generations born after the Civil War are navigating the adventure of being Nigerian on different terms from their forebears.

By intermarrying, migrating and comingling in the quest for love and livelihood; they are forging alliances in business, civil society and politics.

Without mincing words, the civil war was a defining national tragedy and a robust national conversation is necessary to aid the process of healing and reconciliation.

In the 50 years that have followed since the end of the war, we have invested in national integration, peace building and reconciliation. That has been a lot less than perfect task.

Even with challenges, those setbacks should not induce hopelessness or despondency.

Our mission is to build a nation that works for all of us. And yet, nation building is hard work and bringing together multiplicity of ethnicities under one banner is an onerous but necessary task.

The last 50 years belonged to us, but the next 50 belong to our children and we must unshackle them from ghosts of ancient grudges & grievances.

By their conduct, our children show us that it is possible to forge friendships, let us give them a chance to do better than ourselves

While in Umuahia, I visited the National War Musuem commissioned in 1989. It was established to preserve the relics of the Nigerian Civil War and serve as a memorial to the soldiers, civilians and other casualties of the Civil War and other conflicts in Nigeria.
https://twitter.com/ProfOsinbajo/status/1221876182393741312

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia by naptu2: 8:50pm On Jan 27, 2020
Last picture

Re: Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia by majamajic(m): 8:55pm On Jan 27, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia by naptu2: 8:56pm On Jan 27, 2020
The chopper conveying Vice President Osinbajo touched down at the Central Police Station Umuahia earlier this morning.

Governor Ikpeazu was joined by Deputy Governor Ude Oko Chukwu, former Senate President Ken Nnamani, General Officer Commanding 82 Division of the Nigerian Army, Enugu, the Assistant Inspector General of Police, Umuahia Zonal Headquarters, Service Commanders and Heads of all Military and Para Military Formations in the State, to receive the August Visitor.

The Vice President was accompanied by the Imo State Governor, Senator Hope Uzodinma, Minister of State, Mines and Steel Development, Dr. Uche Ogah , House of Representatives Member for Bende Federal Constituency, Hon. Ben Kalu and others.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia by Electrification: 8:58pm On Jan 27, 2020
As far as I am concerned,the country might not be very far from another civil war if the condition of things don't change, look at the level of insecurity, hatred among various tribes that are supposed to be brothers and friends,level of injustice in the polity.there can never be peace without justice,sadly we haven't learnt much from the tragedies of 1967.

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia by Electrification: 9:05pm On Jan 27, 2020
I just get very angry whenever I see this Abia governor. Failure personified.

76 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia by SoNature(m): 9:28pm On Jan 27, 2020
VP Osinbajo remains one of the most intelligent politicians in Nigeria today.

If the APC fields him in 2023, he has my vote.

I just feel sorry for him for deputizing Buhari, a man who's not fit to be a local government chairman.

Well, that's the price we all have to pay for being Nigerians

91 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia by johnkay1(m): 9:31pm On Jan 27, 2020
Hmmm... Osinbajo is an epitome of good leader but he is entrapped in a condition that he must asslick the northerners.

If Nigeria happen to be a real Nation, Osinbajo would have been the best choice. But even if he is elected comes 2019, he will still countinue his asslicking. If you're doubting me ask why OBJ and GEJ asslicked northerners throughout their tenure.

But just like "bat" we will be watching them

10 Likes

Re: Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia by Ifynwanma: 9:41pm On Jan 27, 2020
What is he looking for in the war museum or is he indirectly spying Igboland.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia by Rikidony(m): 9:43pm On Jan 27, 2020
The best VP we ever had, looks strong solid for the job, ride on sir

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia by Nature8(m): 9:44pm On Jan 27, 2020
undecided
Re: Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia by Ifynwanma: 9:54pm On Jan 27, 2020
Electrification:
As far as I am concerned,the country might not be very far from another civil war if the condition of things don't change, look at the level of insecurity, hatred among various tribes that are supposed to be brothers and friends,level of injustice in the polity.there can never be peace without justice,sadly we haven't learnt much from the tragedies of 1967.

Who will fight the civil war, when some States in some zone are already fighting each other. Anambra will particularly want to kill all other Igbo States so that they will take over their lands after the war.
It will simply be an inter state war

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia by Olugbanko: 11:35pm On Jan 27, 2020
children of hate and perdition would still posit that he flew there on a chartered chopper...awon omo GBA jensinmi

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia by Nobody: 12:18am On Jan 28, 2020
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, i think we igbos still haven't learnt anything from the civil war. We follow charlatans like Nnamdi kanu who is promoting the same biafra nonsense that ojukwu promoted which led to the unfortunate civil war. We igbos are the same people supporting Amotekun which is an ethnic militia that it's actions might lead to another civil war. How many times have we seen our Muslim brothers try to leave our beloved country Nigeria? Do we igbos think we can maintain and sustain ourselves if we likely get biafra which i strongly condemn? We have no natural resources asides the moribund coal in Enugu, we are landlocked, our land is muddy and not good for farming, we migrate in droves out of igbo land to do business in other parts of the country yet we scream biafra? Instead of fighting hard to produce the next president in 2023, all we do is clamour for a biafra that will never come sad

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia by Azmanaty: 12:23am On Jan 28, 2020
Ifynwanma:

Who will fight the civil war, when some States in some zone are already fighting each other. Anambra will particularly want to kill all other Igbo States so that they will take over their lands after the war.
It will simply be an inter state war

Ur mother siphoned your senses when she birthed you undecided

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia by Nobody: 2:36am On Jan 28, 2020
To the guy up there saying we are following nonsense Biafra, had it being that Biafra succeeded in seceding do you think that you will be typing “nonsense Biafra ”

Imagine if our fathers defeated the British when they tried to subjugate us, don't you know that till today we will be typing and saying “nonsense Britain”

Ok, imagine if Babangida coup failed, don't you know that he will die like a common criminal and nobody will give him the amount of respect people are giving him.

One thing you need to understand in life is that everything is right and wrong thesame time. When you succeed in something it means “that thing is right” but when you fail to succeed in something it means “that thing is wrong”

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia by mrvitalis(m): 4:49am On Jan 28, 2020
SoNature:
VP Osinbajo remains one of the most intelligent politicians in Nigeria today.

If the APC will field him in 2023, he has my vote.

I just feel sorry for him for deputizing Buhari, a man who's not fit to be a local government chairman.

Well, that's the price we all have to pay for being Nigerians

You mean this political prof that got prof because of politics even tho he has no PhD ? Or another one

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia by osamz007: 6:12am On Jan 28, 2020
.A GOOD MAN IN A BAD REGIME. ALWAYS DOING HOUSE BOY CHORES

7 Likes

Re: Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia by Simplebeauty: 6:13am On Jan 28, 2020
grin

maybe Osibanjo went to ask Okezie Ikpeazu what he has learnt after the Civil War

2 Likes

Re: Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia by Nobody: 6:13am On Jan 28, 2020
Does anyone has idea how bitcoin can earn for me while I sleep grin

I wana start having the mentality of a big man

Let money work for you

Modified: to my fellow yeebos blodas n 6tas that have started using this thread to about osinbajo, a full blooded yoruba man.

Pls if war is hungrying you, Pls take on the hausa fulani.. Yorubas are not ready to fight an unnecessary war with anybody... We can part and have our region in peace but if Na war, u can pick fight with ur first oppressor, the fulani hausa and I assure you that the yorubas wunt intervene this time around as long as our peace isn't threatened.. After all, we go don separate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia by Muyiwaipere(m): 6:14am On Jan 28, 2020
Na the work wey dem collect you for be that.. Just dey visit..

Meanwhile who else noticed we've not been hearing from Mr Sowore recently? ��
The fear of Bubu...baba awon ESS is the beginning of wisdom
Re: Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia by Dozie32(m): 6:15am On Jan 28, 2020
Lol, the idiot came to see if he would bribe nde afara ibeku against Mazi nnamdi Kanu.. But his evil plans won't work..
Re: Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia by ursullalinda(f): 6:15am On Jan 28, 2020
Seems he is trying to be busy.....because I know his visit will change nothing......he can't give orders without permission.....and Bubu no send am on that mission

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia by Nobody: 6:15am On Jan 28, 2020
osamz007:
.A GOOD MAN IN A BAD REGIME. ALWAYS DOING HOUSE BOY CHORES

Has any one from ur tribe done any chores at the federal level since dem born you? grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia by OakConsultNG: 6:17am On Jan 28, 2020
Okay..

Meanwhile, register your Business, Church and Company with the CAC at discounted prices. Check our signature and page for more details.

Offer lasts for a limited period only.
Re: Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia by Iscoalarcon: 6:17am On Jan 28, 2020
naptu2 please what is the meaning of ''August Visitor'' ? Local nigga is confused
Re: Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia by Powersurge: 6:17am On Jan 28, 2020
Unfortunately, NIgeria is closer to another civil war. The root of anarchy is injustice.

People are being slaughtered at will. No tangible action from NIgeria government than to talk and romance the situation.

A country where her president is saying foreigners are coming into his country to kill her citizens. A country where her president said he told his IG of police to do something but he refused.

You will be living over your head if you think NIgeria is not sinking towards a major civil war again if govt continue to be lackadaisical. And it will be very brutal this time around.

1 Like

Re: Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia by Nobody: 6:18am On Jan 28, 2020
This is pretense on osibanjo's part.

Pure hypocrisy

Is he coming to supervise what his people demolished and levelled to the ground?

There is no need for him visiting same destruction his brothers were fully part of.

Eye service and hypocrisy of this man is heavily getting out of hand.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Zahra Buhari & Ahmed Indimi On Honeymoon in Saudi Arabia / Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss / Nigeria’s Untouchable Seven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.