Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,368 members, 7,868,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 10:18 AM

Some Landlords Are Just Heartless - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Some Landlords Are Just Heartless (856 Views)

People Are Just Wicked. Fake Bottle Water Company. / Heartless Okada Rider Machetes Benefactor To Death / Timothy Owoeye's Nude Video: Osun Landlords Cry Out Over Indiscriminate Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Landlords Are Just Heartless by immantoks: 9:58am On Jan 28, 2020
In as much I don't like the idea of demonizing a tribe or religion or sect, the attitude of some miscreants will always provoke you to want to do it.
I moved into a house April last year and paid for a year( My house rent actually expires this year's April) in Makarfi. But due to a program I'm currently running in Zaria, I find it more economical and less stressful to live in Zaria. So I gave the room out to some students to stay at a token. (Mind you ,there was no agreement what so ever that I won't bring people in to the house when am leaving). The land lord later came and ejected them with all my pleadings that he should allow them there till my rent expires in April. Before they could get another house, and vacate the house the heartless care taker came and locked their door with their property in and demanded another 5,000 from them.
In as much as there are good Hausas ,one must be very careful in dealing with them I have heard so much about them negatively but never believed but my experiences are now validating all I have heard. I can't just wait to complete my program and leave this region.Many of them are so heartless!
Re: Some Landlords Are Just Heartless by Davash222(m): 10:00am On Jan 28, 2020
Oga, you’re wrong! We know all these games, that doesn’t mean what you’re trying to do is right.
The students you gave the room to stay had no agreement with the landlord. That’s not your house. You’re only on rentage!
You can’t use another man’s property for charity or whatever.

4 Likes

Re: Some Landlords Are Just Heartless by donbachi(m): 10:04am On Jan 28, 2020
U don't sublet another man's house without his consent....dat thing wey dem dey chuuk for ear wey dey pain,if dem chuuk am for eye,e dey pain...agreement or no agreement...ur action was wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Some Landlords Are Just Heartless by delishpot: 10:34am On Jan 28, 2020
I would kick them out too if I were the landlord. Next time, inform the landlord before you bring a group of people to live in your rented room.
Re: Some Landlords Are Just Heartless by jahlove4jah: 11:01am On Jan 28, 2020
A land lord has the right to know the identity of those occupying his property.
And you didn't involve him when doing that.

1 Like

Re: Some Landlords Are Just Heartless by immantoks: 9:20am On Feb 04, 2020
delishpot:
I would kick them out too if I were the landlord. Next time, inform the landlord before you bring a group of people to live in your rented room.

I am not angry with ejecting them what of the additional 5k he collected from them before they packed their loads
Re: Some Landlords Are Just Heartless by delishpot: 7:50pm On Feb 04, 2020
immantoks:

I am not angry with ejecting them what of the additional 5k he collected from them before they packed their loads

That he has to account for. Did he not tell them why he was demanding for it?
Re: Some Landlords Are Just Heartless by Neddstark: 11:58pm On Feb 04, 2020
Subletting is against the law.

(1) (Reply)

Meat Seller Robbed In Benin / Man Beats Father To Death Because Of Convid19 Palliative / Video Of A Woman Strangling A Thief To Death With A Broom For Failing To Own Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.