Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Breaking: Court Restrains Sacked Oyo Lg Chairmen, Agf, Igp From Forceful Takeove - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Court Restrains Sacked Oyo Lg Chairmen, Agf, Igp From Forceful Takeove (3659 Views)

Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing / Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC / Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: Court Restrains Sacked Oyo Lg Chairmen, Agf, Igp From Forceful Takeove by Wallade(m): 6:42am On Jan 29, 2020
seunmsg:

Is there a judgement declaring the LCDA illegal?

See the case of Lagos state Vs Federal Government.
Re: Breaking: Court Restrains Sacked Oyo Lg Chairmen, Agf, Igp From Forceful Takeove by Wallade(m): 6:43am On Jan 29, 2020
Jobabori:

You should have asked why Makinde appointed caretaker chairmen to them?

That question is no longer relevant in the light of latest developments.
Re: Breaking: Court Restrains Sacked Oyo Lg Chairmen, Agf, Igp From Forceful Takeove by Wallade(m): 6:44am On Jan 29, 2020
anonimi:

Hopefully the elections will be fair and free with other parties contesting and winning, otherwise Makinde is as useless as the constipated authority that was booted out.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2281191_politricks_jpeg1e074f9e4eb2ed17a7bc4617eb7731cb

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10585656_img20191117231435821_jpegc6129cce41147bf7b10804215610bf7b

Let us wait to see how it pans out.
Re: Breaking: Court Restrains Sacked Oyo Lg Chairmen, Agf, Igp From Forceful Takeove by seunmsg(m): 6:49am On Jan 29, 2020
Wallade:

See the case of Lagos state Vs Federal Government.

Was Oyo State a party to the case?

If Oyo State won’t respect the recent judgement of the Supreme Court that stated clearly that governors lack the powers to dissolve elected council because Oyo State was not a party to the case, why should you now bring up Lagos vs FG?

Stop trying to be clever by half. If there is anything wrong with the local government election, the governor should go to court and get a judgement nullifying the election and not resorting to self help by dissolving the councils illegally.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Court Restrains Sacked Oyo Lg Chairmen, Agf, Igp From Forceful Takeove by Wallade(m): 6:56am On Jan 29, 2020
seunmsg:

Was Oyo State a party to the case?

If Oyo State won’t respect the recent judgement of the Supreme Court that stated clearly that governors lack the powers to dissolve elected council because Oyo State was not a party to the case, why should you now bring up Lagos vs FG?

Stop trying to be clever by half. If there is anything wrong with the local government election, the governor should go to court and get a judgement nullifying the election and not resorting to self help by dissolving the councils illegally.

Good morning, Lagos state case is a precedence in law. It has become a reference point in law for any court especially in Nigeria.

How many times do you want me to remind you that there are at least 2 cases instituted against that election. There was one instituted by PDP and another in the Oyo State Government.
Re: Breaking: Court Restrains Sacked Oyo Lg Chairmen, Agf, Igp From Forceful Takeove by seunmsg(m): 7:03am On Jan 29, 2020
Wallade:

Good morning, Lagos state case is a precedence in law. It has become a reference point in law for any court especially in Nigeria.

How many times do you want me to remind you that there are at least 2 cases instituted against that election. There was one instituted by PDP and another in the Oyo State Government

And the Supreme Court Judgement is not a precedence to guide governors against illegally dissolving local government councils, right?

As regards the part in bold, has judgement been given in the two cases? Why can’t Makinde wait till judgement is given before dissolving the councils illegally? Why did he resort to self help?

If there is a problem with the election, it is for the court to decide and not the governor. Stop trying to defend the governor, he acted illegally.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Court Restrains Sacked Oyo Lg Chairmen, Agf, Igp From Forceful Takeove by Wallade(m): 7:23am On Jan 29, 2020
seunmsg:

And the Supreme Court Judgement is not a precedence to guide governors against illegally dissolving local government councils, right?

As regards the part in bold, has judgement been given in the two cases? Why can’t Makinde wait till judgement is given before dissolving the councils illegally? Why did he resort to self help?

If there is a problem with the election, it is for the court to decide and not the governor. Stop trying to defend the governor, he acted illegally.

The Supreme Court judgement does suffice in this case because what you created in Oyo State are LCDAs which are alien to Nigerian Laws.

To conduct proper election for officers into the various LGAs, there is a need to disolve the Ilegal ones and eject the imposters to have fair and free elections.

We all know there are problems with the election given that an outgoing government conducted it at a time that it's tenure was already over. Every other party complained and boycotted the election which APC ended up fielding only her contestants and rigged it all in favor of APC. However, there are a number of cases against that election already in the courts.
Re: Breaking: Court Restrains Sacked Oyo Lg Chairmen, Agf, Igp From Forceful Takeove by SonofDevil: 7:49am On Jan 29, 2020
Wallade:

Ode! He has done that already. Even PDP long before Makinde assumed office filed a case against that kangaroo election.
oponu why can't ur principal present the court ruling that annulled their election instead of sacking them

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Court Restrains Sacked Oyo Lg Chairmen, Agf, Igp From Forceful Takeove by Wallade(m): 7:55am On Jan 29, 2020
SonofDevil:
oponu why can't ur principal present the court ruling that annulled their election instead of sacking them

Ode! Wait for it. However, your imposter principals are out in the interim.
Re: Breaking: Court Restrains Sacked Oyo Lg Chairmen, Agf, Igp From Forceful Takeove by Olakinsdotcom(m): 7:56am On Jan 29, 2020
If you are blaming GSM on this issue it means you don't understand naija politics, this is what almost most of the politicians we do unless inec started conducting local govt. elections alongside general election....My point �
Ajimobi conducted the election when is tenure is about to expired and most of the local govt. and wards(if not all self are won by his party), another person took over from him from different party and you expect him to work with all those ppl, Kolewerk mind you he also have ppl that suffer and spend their money for him to win the election and they are also aspiring for that same position...I have seen a situation where the governor removed the elected chairman even from the same party, all because they are not in good terms....our constitution need to be amended and local government must be given full autonomy.
Re: Breaking: Court Restrains Sacked Oyo Lg Chairmen, Agf, Igp From Forceful Takeove by GideonOludayomi(m): 2:10pm On Jan 30, 2020
Difrent:

Supreme Court that wasn't sick when GSM was declared winner of the governorship election (since it favoured your party) but now that it's the other way round, the Supreme Court is sick.
Your party came second in all elections in zamfara but it's this same Supreme Court that gave your party to zamfara
This type of hypocrisy is nauseating and it just goes to show how shallow some if you fools brain is

Are you so intellectually bankrupt that you cannot spew your view without insult? Please check your frustration and keep it at bay.
Get familiar with the politics(I mean Oyo state politics) on ground and perhaps you will borrow some insight.
Meanwhile, Seyi Makinde and his govt is of personal interest to me, I follow his politics in and out because of obvious reasons you may be blind to see...should he conform to the popular narrative at anytime, you will hear from me.
Re: Breaking: Court Restrains Sacked Oyo Lg Chairmen, Agf, Igp From Forceful Takeove by GideonOludayomi(m): 2:12pm On Jan 30, 2020
Olakinsdotcom:
If you are blaming GSM on this issue it means you don't understand naija politics, this is what almost most of the politicians we do unless inec started conducting local govt. elections alongside general election....My point �
Ajimobi conducted the election when is tenure is about to expired and most of the local govt. and wards(if not all self are won by his party), another person took over from him from different party and you expect him to work with all those ppl, Kolewerk mind you he also have ppl that suffer and spend their money for him to win the election and they are also aspiring for that same position...I have seen a situation where the governor removed the elected chairman even from the same party, all because they are not in good terms....our constitution need to be amended and local government must be given full autonomy.

A ma da fun yin o (It shall be well with you o)
Re: Breaking: Court Restrains Sacked Oyo Lg Chairmen, Agf, Igp From Forceful Takeove by GideonOludayomi(m): 2:23pm On Jan 30, 2020
Bighead9:

This guy must be an IPOB or Emeka Ihedioha, himself.

By their wailing, we shall know them. grin grin

I have replied a colleague of yours so I will simply refer you to the same treatment.But I must say I am disappointed that your 'BIGHEAD' is not full enough.
Well, for record sake, I am a typical afonja as you people would call us and I know when and where to pick my 'battles'. It is not compulsory you talk if my view does not allign with yours
However, take note of this. Seyi Makinde is currently an hypothesis of a radical but subtle change that is unexpected. His understanding of leadership is completely alien to the popular narrative... So, it is therefore of utmost importance to be objective in analysing his activities and not just conclude on the basis of emotional favouritism as many have always done. I chose to have faith that he will conclude the 'theory' on a sound note. Do you understand?
Re: Breaking: Court Restrains Sacked Oyo Lg Chairmen, Agf, Igp From Forceful Takeove by Bighead9: 4:06pm On Jan 30, 2020
GideonOludayomi:

I have replied a colleague of yours so I will simply refer you to the same treatment.But I must say I am disappointed that your 'BIGHEAD' is not full enough.
Well, for record sake, I am a typical afonja as you people would call us and I know when and where to pick my 'battles'. It is not compulsory you talk if my view does not allign with yours
However, take note of this. Seyi Makinde is currently an hypothesis of a radical but subtle change that is unexpected. His understanding of leadership is completely alien to the popular narrative... So, it is therefore of utmost importance to be objective in analysing his activities and not just conclude on the basis of emotional favouritism as many have always done. I chose to have faith that he will conclude the 'theory' on a sound note. Do you understand?

Trash.

You are an IPOB, simple.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Court Restrains Sacked Oyo Lg Chairmen, Agf, Igp From Forceful Takeove by Olakinsdotcom(m): 4:14pm On Jan 30, 2020
GideonOludayomi:

A ma da fun yin o (It shall be well with you o)

Amin baba...some ppl doesn't understand anything about naija politics but you will see them forming James Bond online, it's better you look away and stop arguing with them.
Re: Breaking: Court Restrains Sacked Oyo Lg Chairmen, Agf, Igp From Forceful Takeove by Difrent: 4:20pm On Jan 30, 2020
GideonOludayomi:

[b]Are you so intellectually bankrupt that you cannot spew your view without insult? [/b]Please check your frustration and keep it at bay.
Get familiar with the politics(I mean Oyo state politics) on ground and perhaps you will borrow some insight.
Meanwhile, Seyi Makinde and his govt is of personal interest to me, I follow his politics in and out because of obvious reasons you may be blind to see...should he conform to the popular narrative at anytime, you will hear from me.

From someone who says the Supreme Court is sick ,no Lawyer worth his salt will spew such trash allowed freely on nairaland.
If you really love GSM, advice him to stop playing politics with the LG issue. Let him take a bold step by admitting his errors there and allow those guys complete their tenure, like it happened in Ekiti and Ogun states

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING: Niger Delta Avengers Announce Return, Vow To Cripple Economy, Attack P / Why Do Northerners Want One Nigeria Badly? / I Want To Thank All Northerners Who Support Independence Of Igbos From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.