Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. (2657 Views)

A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) / Nigerian Man Mourns His Fiancée, Who Died One Month To Their Wedding (pictures) / Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by cooooooks(m): 7:27pm On Jan 28, 2020
Man breaks up with his fiancée because of high cost of bride price.

Re: Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by ebuk4real(m): 7:34pm On Jan 28, 2020

See why it will take time for some reasonable men to settle down.

I keep saying it: bride/marriage list is never a sell off of one's daughter.
Re: Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by bukatyne(f): 7:37pm On Jan 28, 2020
The guy doesn't love her.

If he did, he would negotiate the list to what he can afford or tell the babe to pressure her people to back off.

He will not ghost her.

He obviously does not see them as a team.

7 Likes

Re: Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by donstan18: 7:39pm On Jan 28, 2020
Tell me that an e-diotic non-Igbo isn't the one trying to troll the Igbo tradition with those screenshots and I'll tell you that you're the most stupid person to ever grace this earth.

We, the Igbos don't give a flying or crawling fvck about what you lots think about our tribe when it comes to marriage and the tradition surrounding it.

If you fvcking think our women ain't worth it, kindly switch to a particular tribe where you can marry their women with just red oil of N100 and Ghana pepper of N70.

We don't care! Las las after ranting, you'll logout, sell your lands, leave your women and come down to Igbo land to marry with the money.

IgboBabesAmakaFc
AchalugoFc
UgoezeFc
ElewaUkwuEgbuoEwuFc
AsampeteNwanyiOmaFc

9 Likes

Re: Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by 2metrelaurie(m): 7:39pm On Jan 28, 2020
ebuk4real:

See why it will take time for some reasonable men to settle down.

I keep saying it: bride/marriage list is never a sell off of one's daughter.

Man this is literally sales

1 Like

Re: Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by izzou(m): 7:41pm On Jan 28, 2020
bukatyne:

If he did, he would negotiate the list to what he can afford or tell the babe to pressure her people to back off.

He will not ghost her.

Wow

How did you come to this conclusion Abeg?

4 Likes

Re: Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 28, 2020
bukatyne:

He will not ghost her.

As a woman, don't you think it's shameful that somebody should be 'pricing' you? Just curious.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by healthserve(m): 7:42pm On Jan 28, 2020
This one na man? She should be grateful doing away with this weakling

1 Like

Re: Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by bukatyne(f): 7:44pm On Jan 28, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

As a woman, don't you think it's shameful that somebody should be 'pricing' you? Just curious.

Bride price is a male tradition:

Most women are for the abolishing of BP because of its connotation and the fact that husbands have used it for ages to bully their wives.

This is not about what I prefer, it is about the reality on ground.

7 Likes

Re: Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by bukatyne(f): 7:44pm On Jan 28, 2020
izzou:

Wow

How did you come to this conclusion Abeg?

Does the OP read like a chat between two lovers in a deep fix?

1 Like

Re: Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by 1stNumeroUno: 7:45pm On Jan 28, 2020
He sounds too hurt already. They (the man and his fiancee) could talk this over first and then go there different way if there's no way.
Re: Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by izzou(m): 7:49pm On Jan 28, 2020
bukatyne:

Does the OP read like a chat between two lovers in a deep fix?

Firstly, I believe the thread is scripted sha, but let's agree it happened grin

So because he's pulling out means he didn't love her? If we go check our blood groups and we are both incompatible for child bearing, will you say I never loved you because I quit?

Don't judge what you see because of few pictures. You only read a chat of few lines. What about the phone calls, pleas, arguments?

I agree with what you said about bargaining, but saying he doesn't love her no follow

3 Likes

Re: Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by chii8(f): 7:49pm On Jan 28, 2020
Let's assume he pay the ones he can and carry belle nack the girl, nko?
Re: Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by thorpido(m): 7:50pm On Jan 28, 2020
Abasi. lipsrsealed

Chickening out is not the first option.You can negotiate.Meet with the family with your own family members and try to reach something reasonable.

The man should have an idea what the tradition is in the first place before going far just to chicken out.
Re: Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by bukatyne(f): 7:52pm On Jan 28, 2020
izzou:

Firstly, I believe the thread is scripted sha, but let's agree it happened grin

So because he's pulling out means he didn't love her? If we go check our blood groups and we are both incompatible for child bearing, will you say I never loved you because I quit?

Don't judge what you see because of few pictures. You only read a chat of few lines. What about the phone calls, pleas, arguments?

I agree with what you said about bargaining, but saying he doesn't love her no follow

@bold:

Nope.

However if he loved her, there would be an intimate engagement.

He tells her to talk to her family, engage the family himself etc.
Re: Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 28, 2020
1stNumeroUno:
He sounds too hurt already. They (the man and his fiancee) could talk this over first and then go there different way if there's no way.

I don't blame him. It is not by force to buy Range Rover. Kia dey, bicycle na still dey.
Re: Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by izzou(m): 7:56pm On Jan 28, 2020
bukatyne:

@bold:

Nope.

However if he loved her, there would be an intimate engagement.

He tells her to talk to her family, engage the family himself etc.

And how do you know he hasn't done all that?

Meanwhile, why aren't you condemning the list?
Re: Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by Oluneutral: 7:56pm On Jan 28, 2020
This our Africa tradition sha!

As if she's a commodity to be bought!

And the man will still be expected to treat the wife's family well after paying all this o!

Bride price payment should be abolished! I support it!

Until that BS is scrapped, men will never agree to be equal with their wives.
Re: Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by Oluneutral: 7:59pm On Jan 28, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

I don't blame him. It is not by force to buy Range Rover. Kia dey, bicycle na still dey.

Are you saying a woman should be compared to or with commodities?
Re: Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by bukatyne(f): 7:59pm On Jan 28, 2020
izzou:

And how do you know he hasn't done all that?

Meanwhile, why aren't you condemning the list?

This is not about the list, it is about the man.

The OP was talking about the action of the man.

My opinion of the list can be inferred from my posts.
Re: Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by thorpido(m): 8:01pm On Jan 28, 2020
Oluneutral:
This our Africa tradition sha!

As if she's a commodity to be bought!

And the man will still be expected to treat the wife's family well after paying all this o!

Bride price payment should be abolished! I support it!

Until that BS is scrapped, men will never agree to be equal with their wives.
In most cases,the Bride price is usually affordable.The problem is usually not the bride price but the marriage list.

1 Like

Re: Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by Oluneutral: 8:02pm On Jan 28, 2020
thorpido:
In most cases,the Bride price is usually affordable.The problem is usually not the bride price but the marriage list.

Yes, with the marriage list too.
Re: Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 28, 2020
Oluneutral:

Are you saying a woman should be compared to or with commodities?

The comparison has already taken place when people are giving out invoices and others are insisting that prices should be negotiated. I just built my analogy upon the solid foundation.

Besides, all that talk of negotiating reminded me of when I bought my first, second-hand Suzuki bike.

1 Like

Re: Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by collinsfhk(m): 8:06pm On Jan 28, 2020
I agree with you that he doesn't love her, otherwise his tone would have been different. How can you tell someone you love to wait for another that will be able to pay her bride pride. In my dictionary, the word impossible doesn't exist anyway.

Love is really expensive (not materially) and not so many can afford it. Chai! I can't wait to meet my soulmate...

bukatyne:

He will not ghost her.

Re: Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by izzou(m): 8:06pm On Jan 28, 2020
bukatyne:

And we have just seen that it's too quick to conclude that he doesn't love her just with few lines of text

Are you married, ma'am?
Re: Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 28, 2020
bukatyne:

Actually, I think you're right. He does seem to have already decided to abandon women and face his life for now. An mgtow in the making.
Re: Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by Oluneutral: 8:14pm On Jan 28, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

The comparison has already taken place when people are giving out invoices and others are insisting that prices should be negotiated. I just built my analogy upon the solid foundation.

Besides, all that talk of negotiating reminded me of when I bought my first, second-hand Suzuki bike.

grin cheesy

You see why I'm against this BS

Imagine!
Re: Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by bukatyne(f): 8:15pm On Jan 28, 2020
izzou:

And we have just seen that it's too quick to conclude that he doesn't love her just with few lines of text

Are you married, ma'am?
The tone bros.

What has my martial status got to do with it?
Re: Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by cococandy(f): 8:25pm On Jan 28, 2020
The chat does seem fake but if it’s real, they could still get married if they wanted to. If he wanted he could have asked her how she can supplement what is being asked for.

Many women do it and keep it a secret so that people won’t mock them for paying their own bride price. But often husband and wife can put resources together to settle the demands of the father and his kinsmen and go live their lives happily together.

Everyone who is honest knows that bride price is trash and needs to go. It won’t remove anything from a fun and fulfilling traditional marriage ceremony if that’s what they are afraid of.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by izzou(m): 8:26pm On Jan 28, 2020
bukatyne:

The tone bros.

What has my martial status got to do with it?

I just wanted to know, so i don't argue with someone who has an experience.

I usually perceived you as someone who's married. I apologize for asking
Re: Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 28, 2020
Oluneutral:

grin cheesy

You see why I'm against this BS

Imagine!

Why are you against it? Her parents like it, the rest of the family like it, the woman likes it, her friends will gossip about it, his parents too will boast of it. HR will help him get loan for him to pay it. Oga at the top will congratulate him when approving it. The only one that will not like it is the groom, but who listens to the groom?

1 Like

Re: Man Breaks Up With His Fiancée Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price. by DonEd(m): 9:17pm On Jan 28, 2020
What happens to being reasonable? Your daughter is getting married and u bring a list for the man to feed the whole community and someone is saying she is worth it. When the man starts treating her like trash, they will still come here to say rubbish not knowing what the man had to go through.

Those people applauding, ask them if they would comply to such madness called bride price list.

We are our own problem on this country. Take it or leave it

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. / Man Caught Raping An 8year Old Girl In Ikorodu (pics) / What Happens To Your Wife's Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.