Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,379 members, 7,822,785 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan (5418 Views)

I Never Said Fuel Scarcity Will End By April 7th - Kachikwu / Jonathan Was Inexperienced, Not Incompetent - Babangida / IBB Speaks About Gej's Regime "Jonathan Was Inexperienced" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by slap1(m): 6:39am On Dec 10, 2010
http://www.thisdayonline.com/ (Can't get the direct source link, the problem is from THISDAY's website)

Did President Goodluck Jonathan describe himself as “inexperienced” at his meeting with former US Ambassador to Nigeria, Dr. Robin Sanders, in his days as acting president?

In a leaked cable sent to the US by Sanders after the February meeting, she wrote: “Jonathan noted that the Northern politicians would always be uncomfortable with him as president, and he understood the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) picked him as Yar’Adua’s running mate in 2007 because he represented the Niger Delta,  “I was not chosen to be Vice President because I had good political experience,” he said. “I did not. There were a lot more qualified people around to be Vice President, but that does not mean I am not my own man.”…

In a response yesterday, presidential spokesman, Mr. Ima Niboro, said the accounts of the meeting as published on WikiLeaks website are “largely inaccurate”.

He wrote: “The point to be made is that the accounts of meetings between President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and US diplomats are essentially third party narratives, and are largely inaccurate.

“The President, in those tempestuous days during which the nation tottered on the brink, held meetings, and then more meetings, with different groups, the diplomatic community inclusive.

“The President met with different diplomats and special envoys who offered different suggestions on a way out of the impasse that our late leader's health had imposed on the nation. We note that this account is largely silent on these suggestions.

“Instead, what is served up is an unfair account severely impacted by selective perception and individual expectations.”
He said the president had held many political and administrative positions in the past and could not have described himself as inexperienced.

The statement continued: “How can it be said that a man who had been a Deputy Governor, an Acting Governor, a governor, a Vice President, and then Acting President could have described himself as “lacking in administrative experience”. That the President holds a Ph.D, was a lecturer for 10 years, and was an Assistant Director at the defunct Oil Mineral Producing Areas Development Commission, do not make the statement less rankling.

“This only goes to show that the report itself is a souped up version of the standard conversation that takes place in such meetings. We find this account as wholly unfortunate, and we are only employing the best of diplomatic finesse in that statement!”

Meanwhile, Shell has denied a report in a British newspaper claiming the European oil giant secretly placed employees in key areas of the Nigerian government to gain intelligence about activities in the oil-rich Niger delta, where Shell has operations.

Shell’s top executive in Nigeria told U.S. diplomats that Shell had inserted employees into all the main ministries of the Nigerian government and knew “everything” that went on within each, the U.K.’s Guardian newspaper reported, citing U.S. diplomatic cables released along with a cache of other sensitive U.S. communiques by the website WikiLeaks.

According to the cables, the dispatches from Washington’s embassies in Africa also revealed the oil firm swapped intelligence with the U.S. about militant activities in Nigera, the Guardian report said.

But Shell, in a sharply worded response to Upstream Online, an oil and gas industry news publication, blasted the report as false.

A Shell spokesman also shot down the report in an e-mailed statement to FuelFix.
“The Guardian’s assertion that Shell has somehow infiltrated the government of Nigeria is absolutely untrue, false and misleading,” the spokesman said.

But he added, “We cannot comment on the alleged contents of the cable, including the correctness or incorrectness of any statements it allegedly contains.”

The Guardian also reported that Wikileaks cables show oil giants putting the squeeze on Venezuela as president Hugo Chavez tries to stave off economic catastrophe.
Re: I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by mrofficial(m): 11:55am On Dec 10, 2010
Re: I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by victorazy(m): 11:58am On Dec 10, 2010
mr.official:

say sonething
Re: I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by mrofficial(m): 12:01pm On Dec 10, 2010
^^^ And what did you contribute?

They just keep perambulating. Back and front.
Re: I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by cyril10(m): 12:05pm On Dec 10, 2010
Some of us should atleast know how to read inbetween the lines,let's try to understand what our president is trying to say by understanding what he quoted before we give our own verdict. Atimes, i beleive we are too quick to judge JEG's comments, we should take time to read and digest his comments before arriving at a conclusion.

Hating JEG or seeing what we term his weaknesses will not drive us as to be quick in judging him becouse he is still human and i beleive he is only trying to be humble as possible, you cant change his nature you know.The man should be encouraged do not expect 100% flawless in his political carrier. Regards.
Re: I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by reckless: 12:11pm On Dec 10, 2010
GEJ has shot himself on the foot. Is he now saying the US ambassador lied? Why would she lie? The man has exposed his idiosyncracies for whoever cares to see.
Re: I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by Beaf: 12:21pm On Dec 10, 2010
reckless:

GEJ has shot himself on the foot. Is he now saying the US ambassador lied? Why would she lie? The man has exposed his idiosyncracies for whoever cares to see.

Do you worship ambassadors? What a useless comment!

In every situation, there are two sides.
GEJ says the report is innacurate. Period. If you no like as e talk am, go hang jare!

I prefer GEJ to the group of bastar'ds that sold Nigeria's soul to Shell; the fools who place pocket before country. The single pearl wikileaks has given us, is that Jonathan is sincere.

Go GEJ!!! Na you biko!!! cool
Nigeria must move forward, we de ya back to jam any haters enter bush. cool cool cool
Re: I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by oluagness(m): 12:38pm On Dec 10, 2010
Geskia, I prefer JEG
Re: I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by slap1(m): 12:41pm On Dec 10, 2010
reckless:

GEJ has shot himself on the foot. [b]Is he now saying the US ambassador lied? [/b]Why would she lie? The man has exposed his idiosyncracies for whoever cares to see.
Lekwa arguement! So the US ambassador is now God?
Why would she lie?
Why won't she lie? Oops, she's white! White people don't lie!
Re: I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by Bawss1(m): 12:44pm On Dec 10, 2010
Beaf:

Do you worship ambassadors? What a useless comment!

In every situation, there are two sides.
GEJ says the report is innacurate. Period. If you no like as e talk am, go hang jare!

I prefer GEJ to the group of bastar'ds that sold Nigeria's soul to Shell; the fools who place pocket before country. The single pearl wikileaks has given us, is that Jonathan is sincere.

Go GEJ!!! Na you biko!!! cool
Nigeria must move forward, we de ya back to jam any haters enter bush. cool cool cool

OK lets see. When it concerns GEJ the reports are inaccurate but when it comes to Shell they are correct? Yes?
Nice one
Re: I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by appletango: 12:46pm On Dec 10, 2010
slap1:

Lekwa arguement! So the US ambassador is now God?Why won't she lie? Oops, she's white! White people don't lie!

she's black
Re: I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by slap1(m): 12:49pm On Dec 10, 2010
appletango:

she's black
I wasn't referring to her skin.
Bawss1:

OK lets see. When it concerns GEJ the reports are inaccurate but when it comes to Shell they are correct? Yes?
Nice one
Do you need wikileaks to tell you Shell has been milking this country?
Re: I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by appletango: 12:52pm On Dec 10, 2010
slap1:

I wasn't referring to her skin.

then what, pray tell, were you referring to??
Re: I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by turboman(m): 12:53pm On Dec 10, 2010
[size=15pt]whats the big deal about all these electric cables on Nigeria, why the uproar?  there's nothing new here, these are things Nigerians already know from way back. Must we wait for America to corroborate it before we believe it?  angry angry angry[/size]
Re: I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by Muza(m): 12:54pm On Dec 10, 2010
Beaf,
i dey laugh at u and GEJ.  grin

We dnt need wikileaks to tell us that GEJ does not believe in himself,We know that already and we voting him out,Wikileaks tell us something new,  grin
Re: I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by Bawss1(m): 12:55pm On Dec 10, 2010
slap1:

I wasn't referring to her skin.Do you need wikileaks to tell you Shell has been milking this country?
slap1:

I wasn't referring to her skin.D[b]o you need wikileaks to tell you Shell has been milking this country?[/b]

Hmmm. Do we need Wikileaks to tell us that GEJ is incompetent?  cheesy
Re: I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by slap1(m): 12:56pm On Dec 10, 2010
appletango:

then what, pray tell, were you referring to??
Her nationality, sir!
Re: I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by Muza(m): 12:57pm On Dec 10, 2010
Bawss1:

Hmmm. Do we need Wikileaks to tell us that GEJ is incompetent? cheesy

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
I dey laugh
Re: I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by appletango: 1:05pm On Dec 10, 2010
slap1:

Her nationality, sir!

i see. then next time you should pick your words with consideration, otherwise you run the risk of being considered ignorant and foolish. kinda like gej.

grin grin
Re: I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by Muza(m): 1:21pm On Dec 10, 2010
appletango:

i see. then next time you should pick your words with consideration, otherwise you run the risk of being considered ignorant and foolish. kinda like gej.

grin grin

grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by turboman(m): 1:21pm On Dec 10, 2010
reckless:

Did u say Dr. Robin Sanders cannot lie?   I thought blood is thicker than water 

Re: I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by dustydee: 1:25pm On Dec 10, 2010
Neither did he say he will leave a legacy of credible elections. Abi?
Re: I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by 1025: 1:27pm On Dec 10, 2010
Some of us should atleast know how to read inbetween the lines,let's try to understand what our president is trying to say by understanding what he quoted before we give our own verdict. Atimes, i beleive we are too quick to judge JEG's comments, we should take time to read and digest his comments before arriving at a conclusion.

Hating JEG or seeing what we term his weaknesses will not drive us as to be quick in judging him becouse he is still human and i beleive he is only trying to be humble as possible, you cant change his nature you know.The man should be encouraged do not expect 100% flawless in his political carrier. Regards.

@cyril10,
in view of the uncountable problems facing this dying country, do u think jonathan is been fair to these suffering citizens of nigeria by making himself the press president?
we have to look at the president who is always saying this or that. if he did not talk to the press, he will write on facebook. visit his facebook site and ask urself if a president shld be like this.
the way things are in nigeria, we need someone with burning zeal and actions to back that up.
the rate of death in this country is getting out of hands.
something needs to be done. we have more than enough speakers in nigeria so all we lack here is an action packed president who will put these words in action.
when jonathan was the acting president, a friend of mine told me to wait till he becomes a president but 7 months on, jonathan is yet to make any tangible change in this country.
uncle, do we wait till he win elections in 2011?
Re: I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by squeeky: 1:31pm On Dec 10, 2010
GEJ just doesn't seem to know when to keep shut. Since this whole wikileaks started Obama and other world leaders have refused to give a direct reply to the allegations but our SO COMPETENT GEJ as his apologists want us to believe is quick to deny his own story. Even where the story is false his reply gives credence to the story and there is definitely no smoke without fire.

GEJ surely needs some tutorials on how to be a president.
Re: I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by Boboribo: 1:33pm On Dec 10, 2010
In 2011 someone will either be VOTED IN or VOTED OUT. Nobody will be RETURNED IN.
Re: I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by slap1(m): 1:41pm On Dec 10, 2010
appletango:

grin grin
Yes, sir. And you, too. grin grin
Re: I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by Muza(m): 1:49pm On Dec 10, 2010
squeeky:

GEJ just doesn't seem to know when to keep shut. Since this whole wikileaks started Obama and other world leaders have refused to give a direct reply to the allegations but our SO COMPETENT GEJ as his apologists want us to believe is quick to deny his own story. Even where the story is false his reply gives credence to the story and there is definitely no smoke without fire.

GEJ surely needs some tutorials on how to be a president.
grin cheesy wat u said is true,but guy u ar very hilarious i swear.
Re: I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by turboman(m): 1:49pm On Dec 10, 2010
Wikileak! Who said it was leaked? Bunch on stale report the US sure wanted everyone to know about. Julian Assang is just a puppet, i wonder how much he was paid angry
Re: I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by silvaspecs: 2:01pm On Dec 10, 2010
seriosly ba, Fello house members, i am at this point saying NO to GEJ.

i dont like someone who gives me bread today and tomorrow will say he was not the one that gave me,
Re: I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by slap1(m): 2:09pm On Dec 10, 2010
^^^^ Please don't go na, lol!
Re: I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by Guyman02: 2:35pm On Dec 10, 2010
That Dan Sanda grin grin abi una call am Robin Sanders is a very good spy who was able to miss and infiltrate Nigerians of all levels garnering a lot of information for US interests. Mind you, she was in the US armed forces before being appointed an ambassador. Appearance can really be deceptive. You need to have watched her dancing with Gwari traditional dancers in an Abuja suburb with her African Rasta hair style.
Re: I Never Said I Was Inexperienced -- Jonathan by Guyman02: 2:44pm On Dec 10, 2010
SHELL appointed our current Petroleum Minister Diezani Madueke who was until her appointment as a minister a director in Shell. They are everywhere holding us to ransome and asking GEJ to do their bidding. Kai, we are getting confused about the situation on whom to vote for. Maybe a govt of ACN can give us a new direction. Just tot!! undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun Election Results: Cumulative Results So Far From Prowlingeagles Observers / Nigerian Girls Shoot Back At Troops During Boko Haram Rescue / Crowd At Eleme Ogoniland River State As They Stand Up For Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.