Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,429 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa (18167 Views)

'Kwara Is Fully PDP' - Bukola Saraki Says As He Storms Kwara State / We Will Take Kwara From Saraki Says Mc-Oluomo (video) / Saraki Says Kayode Ogundamisi's Body Should Be Cremated Over Leaked Audio Clip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa by Xcelinteriors(f): 7:05am On Jan 29, 2020
Really
Re: Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa by careytommy37(m): 7:05am On Jan 29, 2020
Like this was supposed to be news
Re: Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa by Okoroawusa: 7:08am On Jan 29, 2020
solmusdesigns:
cool

Ministry of Transport and Nigerian Port Authority has two of my most favourite politicians and crush

Gbemisola Saraki is drop dead gorgeous , Mrs Hadiza Bala of NPA is so beatiful

Anyways back to the topic, The increase in cost of shipping to Lagos Port is due to higher cost of inusrance, because the route is a very dangerous one.. again foreign contries Generally milk Nigerians because they know we are rich, Dubai to ghana cost lesser to Dubai to Lagos direct flight yet Ghana to Dubai covers more distance than Lagos to dubai, even DSTV subscribtion in Nigeria if converted to dollars, remains the highest

And we are also always willing to pay without complain or protest

2 Likes

Re: Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa by Reference(m): 7:09am On Jan 29, 2020
mgbadadike:
Peter Obi said this during Vice presidential election debate, and people were busy calling him China man.

We missed a big opportunity to get a man into goverment who knows how to run an economy in an absolutely responsible fiscal manner.

Everything we suffer economically today, high debts, high cost of goverment, lack of capacity and infrastructural deficits are things he handled and successfuly dealt with while a governor.

The least we could have done as a nation was to allow such a team just a one term opportunity to change our fortunes before returning to our sentimentalism.

But no. So here we are. Worse for wear.

2 Likes

Re: Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa by kellight(m): 7:11am On Jan 29, 2020
We need solutions......stop telling us something we already know

1 Like

Re: Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa by SOFTENGR: 7:11am On Jan 29, 2020
solmusdesigns:
cool

Ministry of Transport and Nigerian Port Authority has two of my most favourite politicians and crush

Anyways back to the topic, The increase in cost of shipping to Lagos Port is due to higher cost of inusrance, because the route is a very dangerous one.. again foreign contries Generally milk Nigerians because they know we are rich, Dubai to ghana cost lesser to Dubai to Lagos direct flight yet Ghana to Dubai covers more distance than Lagos to dubai, even DSTV subscribtion in Nigeria if converted to dollars, remains the highest

Cost of shipping to Nigeria should be high because the vessels are going back empty. So they might need to charge for almost to and fro.

2 Likes

Re: Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa by govomotors: 7:11am On Jan 29, 2020
destiny322:
This one na country? Abeg make I hear word this Early morning

It's about time you guys leave Nigeria and stop belittling the country. Nigeria is my country of birth and I demand it be respected as a country.

If you are not a Nigerian, leave and stop making negative statement. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa by XOGBADO(m): 7:13am On Jan 29, 2020
destiny322:
This one na country? Abeg make I hear word this Early morning

Get some chill man grin

1 Like

Re: Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa by Kingspin(m): 7:14am On Jan 29, 2020
Because the economy is not diversified so the two three sectors functioning is overtaxed.

Bring development across Nigeria everything sector can generate money.

Decongest all decogestables for the free flow of cash, time and price.

Stop complaining like one fool.

You know what to do.

3 Likes

Re: Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa by anonimi: 7:16am On Jan 29, 2020
Jimwils:
Why won't it be?.,wen d stupid govt and customs sole aim is to boast of trillions of naira generated in a year.

After port own,they will position fr high ways again,collecting huge amount of money frm any new vehicle without registration

D masses are really suffering in this country

Suffering by choice

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10586428_fbimg15736654320838424_jpegd42241580d772ab6f2e4383c755894e8

2 Likes

Re: Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa by gambia(m): 7:17am On Jan 29, 2020
govomotors:

It's about time you guys leave Nigeria and stop belittling the country. Nigeria is my country of birth and I demand it be respected as a country.

Respect is earned not deserved, Nigeria is a capital ZOO.
Re: Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa by Sammy07: 7:18am On Jan 29, 2020
extol1:

Elucidate better, so as to know which one to pick.

Okay, Gbemisola saraki, she's not married
While Mrs hadiza, she's married
Re: Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa by Sammy07: 7:20am On Jan 29, 2020
SOFTENGR:

Cost of shipping to Nigeria should be high because the vessels are going back empty. So they might need to charge for almost to and fro.

Egbon what are you saying

Have you ever been to a port b4?

How do you think we export, cocoa, timber, rubber, cotton etc.. Nigeria non oil products??
Re: Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa by NaijadrivaCars: 7:23am On Jan 29, 2020
Why are Nigerian government like this? Cost of clearing goods is why people prefer to import via Benin Republic.

A car imported via Apapa would cost more than that that came via Cotonou.

May God bless Eedris for singing "Nigeria Jaga jaga..."
Re: Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa by aspiring44: 7:30am On Jan 29, 2020
munex007:
I work in the Port Ops of a Top Logistics company. One thing I have realised is our inflation is supply pull not demand.. If we can remove the hurdles that makes supply chain difficult prices of goods will crash by 30% naturally.

It cost an average of 500k-1Million to transport 40ft from Apapa to Upcountry. Major import are raw materials and process input which affect the cost/unit of a product

Also we need to invest in Freight rail haulage. General Electric(GE) tried to do this about 3 years ago but the top guys in NRC keep asking for big bribes also Amaechi took some huge money from the Chinese which made the GE guys abandon the project..

We have a long way to go.. We need value driven leaders

Corruption stinks so high at the port . It's only God that can save us .

2 Likes

Re: Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa by hisgrace090: 7:36am On Jan 29, 2020
Simple truth.
Re: Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa by Arthur911: 7:48am On Jan 29, 2020
How many Nigerians are working in those port
Re: Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa by Hisroyalbadmeat(m): 7:56am On Jan 29, 2020
post=86195020:

This is part of the ruins the criminals and looters left our nation in after 16 years of looting and raping!

Good and positive changes is what we are all after @.
A good and better Nigeria we believe in,
And that is what we shall get.

No more business as usual.
Nigeria must be great again in our lifetime.

God bless Nigeria.
70 percent of the looters you are taking about are still in your delissuional saint government, pyscophancy is worst than coronavirus,

2 Likes

Re: Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa by destiny322(m): 7:57am On Jan 29, 2020
govomotors:

I will talk about my country how I choose to and there is nothing... I mean... Absolutely nothing you or anyone can do about it. Period
Re: Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa by thundafire: 7:58am On Jan 29, 2020
Only Lagos is working so how is it Nigeria ports are expensive work on odey other ports dey say No yeye people
Re: Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa by 2sexycom(m): 8:04am On Jan 29, 2020
solmusdesigns:
cool

Anyways back to the topic, The increase in cost of shipping to Lagos Port is due to higher cost of insurance, because the route is a very dangerous one.. again foreign contries Generally milk Nigerians because they know we are rich, Dubai to ghana cost lesser to Dubai to Lagos direct flight yet Ghana to Dubai covers more distance than Lagos to dubai, even DSTV subscribtion in Nigeria if converted to dollars, remains the highest

who told u nigeria is rich? how do you define richness? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa by 2sexycom(m): 8:06am On Jan 29, 2020
govomotors:

undecided undecided undecided undecided see this one o. undecided undecided
Re: Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa by solmusdesigns: 8:07am On Jan 29, 2020
2sexycom:
who told u nigeria is rich? how do you define richness? undecided

highest GDP in Africa

highest crude and gas reserves
Re: Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa by IrohCaysen: 8:10am On Jan 29, 2020
[s]
solmusdesigns:

highest GDP in Africa

highest crude and gas reserves
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa by Anaedo1: 8:18am On Jan 29, 2020
oluyinkapeter:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/01/minister-decries-high-cost-of-operations-in-nigerian-ports/amp/

Chaiiiiiiii..This Woman is damn pretty..I won't mind being her sugar boy..
Re: Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:39am On Jan 29, 2020
why won't it be expensive when the government don't wnt the ports in the eastern areas to function....how would only Lagos ports be handling all cargoes into Nigeria, it will be overburdened. ...except we do the needful as a country, Nigeria will still be lacking behind!
Re: Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa by Chukazu: 8:50am On Jan 29, 2020
How useless can government be...the same government that is keeps giving the Nigerian custom bogus revenue Target thereby milking importers dry is also complaining that our port is expensive
Re: Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa by Realdollars: 8:54am On Jan 29, 2020
Attention!!! Finally, God has forgiven Satan after eons of years, on the ground that Nigerians are God's real enemy, they oppose God and do evil more than Satan.
Re: Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa by 0monnak0da: 9:03am On Jan 29, 2020
solmusdesigns:
cool

Anyways back to the topic, The increase in cost of shipping to Lagos Port is due to higher cost of insurance, because the route is a very dangerous one.. again foreign contries Generally milk Nigerians because they know we are rich, Dubai to ghana cost lesser to Dubai to Lagos direct flight yet Ghana to Dubai covers more distance than Lagos to dubai, even DSTV subscribtion in Nigeria if converted to dollars, remains the highest

Do you have data?
How much does it cost to insure a vessel poing to Accra,Lome,Cotonou?

How much does it cost to ship a container to those places from Antwerp?

Assumptions are not facts.
To come and claim insurance accounts for cost difference is baseless and sounds like beer parlour talk
Re: Gbemisola Saraki Says Nigerian Ports Are The Most Expensive In West Africa by musicwriter(m): 10:15am On Jan 29, 2020
Not just in West Africa. I don't think there'll be some other country where it would be more expensive than Nigeria.

Nigeria ports is a good example of how Nigeria works. So, you see clearly here that government don't know how to get things done.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production / PDP Hails INEC Over Elections Postponement, Urges Supporters To Remain Calm / UK Authorities Barred Andy Uba From Their Country, Citing His Criminality - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.