Stats: 3,151,398 members, 7,812,171 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

Kobe The Great: Trade Me - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kobe The Great: Trade Me (906 Views)

Is Michael Jordan Words To Kobe Bryant Manifesting Already / Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? / Kobe Or Wade? (2) (3) (4)

Kobe The Great: Trade Me by fekuti: 9:25pm On May 30, 2007
"I would like to be traded, yeah," Bryant said on 1050 ESPN Radio in New York. "Tough as it is to come to that conclusion there's no other alternative, you know?"

"[The Lakers] obviously want to move in a different direction in terms of rebuilding," Bryant said, adding he could have opted to sign with the Los Angeles Clippers or Chicago Bulls instead. "Three years ago when I was re-signing they should have told me they wanted to rebuild."

"He met with me at the Four Seasons Hotel here [in Newport Beach, Calif.] across from Fashion Island, which is now the Island Hotel," Bryant told Smith. "I went up to his penthouse suite. [Buss] looks me dead in the face and says: 'Kobe, I am not going to re-sign Shaq. I am not about to pay him $30 million a year or $80 million over three years. No way in hell. I feel like he's getting older. His body is breaking down, and I don't want to pay that money to him when I can get value for him right now rather than wait.

"This is my decision. It's independent of you. My mind is made up. It doesn't matter to me what you do in free agency because I do not want to pay [Shaq], period.'"
Re: Kobe The Great: Trade Me by 9ja4eva: 11:04pm On May 30, 2007
I no happy oh
Re: Kobe The Great: Trade Me by fekuti: 11:30pm On May 30, 2007
neither am I. This is a sad revelation.
Re: Kobe The Great: Trade Me by nosa101(f): 1:17am On May 31, 2007
He's staying, just announced it
Re: Kobe The Great: Trade Me by Free(f): 2:24am On May 31, 2007
who cares grin grin
Re: Kobe The Great: Trade Me by fekuti: 4:34am On May 31, 2007
if you don't care geddafuccoff the thread nucca
Re: Kobe The Great: Trade Me by layifioren(m): 3:13pm On May 31, 2007
he doesn't want to be traded anymore. i think the guy just needs to say things when his emotions are down. human beings say things when their emotions are up that they wish they never did
Re: Kobe The Great: Trade Me by fekuti: 9:53pm On May 31, 2007
the laker organization lied to him.
Re: Kobe The Great: Trade Me by 9ja4eva: 5:09am On Jun 01, 2007
layifioren:

he doesn't want to be traded anymore. i think the guy just needs to say things when his emotions are down. human beings say things when their emotions are up that they wish they never did

Yu r right.I weak when i hear say im no wan go again
Re: Kobe The Great: Trade Me by A40(m): 6:50pm On Jun 01, 2007
Kobe if you are listening please come to Dallas,
Re: Kobe The Great: Trade Me by fekuti: 11:25pm On Jun 01, 2007
lol, to bail out choke nowitzki?
Re: Kobe The Great: Trade Me by Skywalker5(m): 3:39pm On Jun 05, 2007
That guy no serious at all.After scoring all the points and allowed his teammates to look like mumu for court.He now wants to leave.That guy cant c another championship unless he uses his head.Denver is another issue.Kept two of nba most selfish players together iverson and anthony. what was that coach thinking self?Kobe just wants to be on all time scoring that all.
Re: Kobe The Great: Trade Me by A40(m): 6:14pm On Jun 07, 2007
@fekuti
Whatever let him just come even though i doubt Mark Cuban(owner of Dallas Mavs) would wan to pay him, but he will fill our two spot good and maybe Jason Terry can become our point guard
Re: Kobe The Great: Trade Me by boguns: 7:45pm On Jun 07, 2007
I though kobe once fought shaq daddy that he was the king of the team? wow! how time uns, he has forgotten that every team in the league wants shaq, but not all the teams in the league wants kobe. Though a great athlete, shaq has won a ring since he left lakers, but where his he today?

Not a lakers fan, but a blazers fan. We will go for oden at No 1 next month.
Re: Kobe The Great: Trade Me by fekuti: 7:48pm On Jun 07, 2007
this coming from a trailblazer fan? hmmmmm when was d last time una sniffed title umm 30 years ago?
and wade helped shaq get that ring by the way.
Re: Kobe The Great: Trade Me by layifioren(m): 7:36am On Jun 08, 2007
fekuti:

lol, to bail out choke nowitzki?
@Fekuti
How is Nowitzki a choke? We all know his game. He doesn't post and Don Nelson knew that and that's why he defended him small. If you play basketball you'll know that for you to make your jumpers you have to be in the rhythm and the best way of being in the rhythm is getting to the basket. I laughed at D- Wade when he bad mouthed Nowitzki also saying he couldn't make a free throw at the end of game 3 to seal the game. For crying out loud the guy is not an 100% free throw shooter. Nobody is an 100% free throw shooter. Did Wade forget that he missed TWO free throws with seconds left in game six. Free throws that could have put them up by five instead of the 3. Terry did not make the three pointer anyways so he got bailed on that. I'm not saying the guy couldn't have done better but please don't blame it on the guy alone. The team messed up as a whole. It's not like the guy scores 40 points like Kobe or Iverson. The guy is the highest scorer in his team with just a little margin.
Re: Kobe The Great: Trade Me by 9ja4eva: 9:02am On Jun 08, 2007
A-40:

Kobe if you are listening please come to Dallas,

I dnt tink he is still leaving
Re: Kobe The Great: Trade Me by fekuti: 9:29am On Jun 08, 2007
layi, listen to yourself, you've just typed up a book fulla nothings in defense of a fruit.
his jumper wasn't falling so what? ooooh okay you said a 7-footer couldn't post up abi. aww, or drive to the paint, hmmm, and as good a free-thrower as he is, he missed those clutch freebies at the end awww, well umm, cry 2 bad.
Re: Kobe The Great: Trade Me by layifioren(m): 9:44am On Jun 08, 2007
@ fekuti,
just because he's 7 footer doesn't mean he knows how to post. i'm not saying it's a good thing that he doesn't know how to post but that's not his game. he is the most unique PF in the NBA. that's why you hear "Nowitzki style of play". It's not orthodox because he dribbles to the rim and shoot threes. No other 7 footer does that bro and the dude did not miss 2 free throws. He even said it at the press conference after the lost game 6 against Golden state that he needs to learn how to post up because he can't drive to the hoop(put the ball on the ground in front of him) with a small defender on him. Ask anyone that knows Dirk what's unique about his game and they'll tell you
Re: Kobe The Great: Trade Me by A40(m): 7:50pm On Jun 09, 2007
layifioren:

@ fekuti,
just because he's 7 footer doesn't mean he knows how to post. i'm not saying it's a good thing that he doesn't know how to post but that's not his game. he is the most unique PF in the NBA. that's why you hear "Nowitzki style of play". It's not orthodox because he dribbles to the rim and shoot threes. No other 7 footer does that bro and the dude did not miss 2 free throws. He even said it at the press conference after the lost game 6 against Golden state that he needs to learn how to post up because he can't drive to the hoop(put the ball on the ground in front of him) with a small defender on him. Ask anyone that knows Dirk what's unique about his game and they'll tell you

Well said bro unlike most other 7 footers Nowitzki can run plays shoot three pointers and his jumper is solid i think what he needs to do is work on his Post UP game and also he has a sweetspot which every one tries to take him out of and when you do that you have a chance against him, but you cant take it from him hes still the MVP

Formula 1 Fans Only. / Barclays Premier League Watch / Nigeria Has Qualified For 2010 World Cup