Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

NSCDC bans display of Firearms at Public events - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NSCDC bans display of Firearms at Public events (27396 Views)

Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) / Reps To FG: Release N3bn For Local Production Of Firearms / Why Does Ogbonnaya Onu Wear The Same Attire To Public Events? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NSCDC bans display of Firearms at Public events by UnknownT: 7:12pm On Jan 29, 2020
Your guy killed Aboy Ndubuisi and you couldnt go to Okigwe to see the dad and talk this, you are paying a condolence visit to Rochas. Is Rochas his dad?

3 Likes

Re: NSCDC bans display of Firearms at Public events by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:33pm On Jan 29, 2020
kripen:

All of them are trained they are not civilian, they are armed men I understand most of them were trained by Nigeria military, it was just unfortunate that this happened.
If they're not civilians, then what are they? By training, you mean taking them to the range for one or two days? You think that's enough? For your own safety, you better be cautious whenever you see these guys with weapons. At basic military training, they don't hand you a functional weapon until after about three months in training, and when they do, it's without ammo. Before you start carrying a loaded weapon, you must have spent between 5 and 6 months. Ask any military man if what I'm saying is false.
Re: NSCDC bans display of Firearms at Public events by debbysure01(m): 7:37pm On Jan 29, 2020
That is a good move.....

Check my signature
Re: NSCDC bans display of Firearms at Public events by debbysure01(m): 7:37pm On Jan 29, 2020
That is a good move.....

Check my signature
That is a good move.....

Check my signature
Re: NSCDC bans display of Firearms at Public events by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:46pm On Jan 29, 2020
PatrickOkunima:
Good one, but shouldn't stop there. They need to train their men on how to handle weapons. The Nigerian police should do same too. I'm not comfortable with civilians (Nigerian Custom, NSCDC, Nigerian Police, Etc.) carrying weapons, because they are not trained. In the military, they don't just hand you weapons without training.

Civil defence men are trained by the army . I prefer them to the police. They exhibit more professionalism than the police in handling firearms.

I serve them in when next you see them.

This is just an unfortunate incident engineered by ”village people ”
Re: NSCDC bans display of Firearms at Public events by MariaVianney(m): 7:57pm On Jan 29, 2020
grin
neoclassical:
Nothing wey IHEDIOHA no go see for Supreme Court.
Re: NSCDC bans display of Firearms at Public events by Basher8583: 8:07pm On Jan 29, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
Useless country where security personnel carry guns more expensive than their monthly salary

How about Americans with no means of income carrying a firearm around with him. Don't believe me go piss off a 14yrs old and see if you will leave to regret it.

Find something else to wail about
Re: NSCDC bans display of Firearms at Public events by Harrisonwo(m): 8:18pm On Jan 29, 2020
Enwhen:

Why not the Gov, Hope Uzodinma ??

Okorcha for what ??

the CG paid the visit in Abuja and not imo state and rochas seems to be repping the late man's constituency
Re: NSCDC bans display of Firearms at Public events by Enwhen(m): 8:22pm On Jan 29, 2020
Harrisonwo:

the CG paid the visit in Abuja and not imo state and rochas seems to be repping the late man's constituency

Thank You... Na to travel go Imo go see the Gov and people dey hard am, big men Dem... Awon ole
Re: NSCDC bans display of Firearms at Public events by Monday60655(m): 8:25pm On Jan 29, 2020
This is what APC is bringing to IMO State in less than two weeks of their robbery
Re: NSCDC bans display of Firearms at Public events by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 29, 2020
PatrickOkunima:
Good one, but shouldn't stop there. They need to train their men on how to handle weapons. The Nigerian police should do same too. I'm not comfortable with civilians (Nigerian Custom, NSCDC, Nigerian Police, Etc.) carrying weapons, because they are not trained. In the military, they don't just hand you weapons without training.

Bro, the officer who killed Ototonwa was paid.
It is assassination
It has nothing to do with Civil Defence not displaying gun in public
Ooo, they should display flower?
Re: NSCDC bans display of Firearms at Public events by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 29, 2020
Even police for Yankee holster their service pistols.

Not in Nigeria where the cops go around with submachine guns like soldiers and grenade launchers and teargas launchers even if there are no riots going on.

Nigeria is a weird place in case you aren't aware.
Re: NSCDC bans display of Firearms at Public events by castrokins(m): 8:36pm On Jan 29, 2020
Medicine After Death
Re: NSCDC bans display of Firearms at Public events by eedimo(m): 8:37pm On Jan 29, 2020
Only in a sh!thole.
Re: NSCDC bans display of Firearms at Public events by bendazum: 8:42pm On Jan 29, 2020
PatrickOkunima:

Accidental discharge will not stop unless they ban indiscriminate firing of rifles at political outings.
Re: NSCDC bans display of Firearms at Public events by begge: 8:51pm On Jan 29, 2020
do u know most of all dis force and drunker?
Re: NSCDC bans display of Firearms at Public events by xaggar(m): 8:52pm On Jan 29, 2020
solmusdesigns:
cool

We need to only arm our secuirity with concealed fire arms like semi automatic pistol and not war grade AK47

I support
Re: NSCDC bans display of Firearms at Public events by GamalNasser: 8:53pm On Jan 29, 2020
No open carry again grin but how do you conceal a stiff but aka 47
Re: NSCDC bans display of Firearms at Public events by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:54pm On Jan 29, 2020
bendazum:

Accidental discharge will not stop unless they ban indiscriminate firing of rifles at political outings.
Bro, there's nothing like accidental discharge. To fire a rifle takes about 5 to 6 steps. Nigeria police only use that to cover up their incompetence.
Re: NSCDC bans display of Firearms at Public events by IMASTEX: 8:54pm On Jan 29, 2020
solmusdesigns:
cool

We need to only arm our secuirity with concealed fire arms like semi automatic pistol and not war grade AK47

They would have been thinking in this direction but the country is fast turning a war zone hence the use of riffles in a civilian setting
Re: NSCDC bans display of Firearms at Public events by Manageme: 8:56pm On Jan 29, 2020
Hmmm is it his brother y not visit the family, Nigerians and eye service be like garri and grandnut
Re: NSCDC bans display of Firearms at Public events by badmotherfucker: 8:56pm On Jan 29, 2020
MORE THAN THEIR ANUAL SALARY PLS
StaffofOrayan:
Useless country where security personnel carry guns more expensive than their monthly salary
Re: NSCDC bans display of Firearms at Public events by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:56pm On Jan 29, 2020
That's why they shoot you in the streets

Basher8583:

How about Americans with no means of income carrying a firearm around with him. Don't believe me go piss off a 14yrs old and see if you will leave to regret it.

Find something else to wail about
Re: NSCDC bans display of Firearms at Public events by xaggar(m): 8:57pm On Jan 29, 2020
PatrickOkunima:
If they're not civilians, then what are they? By training, you mean taking them to the range for one or two days? You think that's enough? For your own safety, you better be cautious whenever you see these guys with weapons. At basic military training, they don't hand you a functional weapon until after about three months in training, and when they do, it's without ammo. Before you start carrying a loaded weapon, you must have spent between 5 and 6 months. Ask any military man if what I'm saying is false.

Go and sit down!
In this realm of insecurity everywhere & everyday you give a uniformed man a rifle without bullets?

U better wake up
Re: NSCDC bans display of Firearms at Public events by Thazard(m): 9:02pm On Jan 29, 2020
post=86213196:
This is a very welcome development.

Good decison by their 'Oga @ the Top'

God bless Nigeria.
lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NSCDC bans display of Firearms at Public events by ehmmy11(m): 9:05pm On Jan 29, 2020
Only when something affects a big man before we see any change in policy by the govt of this kwantri... undecided
Re: NSCDC bans display of Firearms at Public events by Philadelphia: 9:05pm On Jan 29, 2020
The rules change only when a politician is involved.
How many civilians have they killed through same display which they tag "accidental discharge"?

Something happened to one late minister and that made FRSC to begin checking tyres and expiration date.

Nigeria na wa o.

The common man is on his own in this country.
Re: NSCDC bans display of Firearms at Public events by cicero(m): 10:10pm On Jan 29, 2020
Train your people adequately, continually and pay them salaries that can actually take them home. This supposed solution makes me wonder how intelligent these commanders are.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: Eze Madumere & Uche Nwosu's Supporters Clash In Mbaitoli LGA, Many Wounded / Nollywood Is So Popular In Kenya - Reno Omokri Shares Vacation Pictures / CAN Hails El-rufai’s Decision To Save 110-year Kaduna Church From Demolition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.