Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,760 members, 7,813,521 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) (52310 Views)

Edo Election: Governor Obaseki At PDP Situation Room In Benin (video) / Photos Of Oshiomhole And Obaseki At Their Peace Meeting / Dino Melaye Spotted Chanting War Songs Against Buhari At A Function (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by Edo2020: 9:32pm On Aug 27, 2023
There was a mild drama in Edo State Government House on Sunday, as security personnel restrained the Deputy Governor, Rt Hon Comrade Philip Shaibu, from getting close to the Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki at a public function.

But the Governor’s Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Sylvester Okungbowa, who defended his principal, said: “Whatever happened at the Church service was not at the behest of the Governor, neither was he aware what the security aides were doing; in fact the security aides were doing their job. Besides, the governor was not aware that the deputy was coming to greet him.

“The Church is a public event, so the security aides had a duty to safeguard their principal.”

This was during the Interdenominational Thanksgiving Church Service to mark Edo 32nd year anniversary, held at the Festival Hall, Government House.

Drama played out after Shaibu who recently fell out with his boss over his rumoured 2024 governorship ambition tried to access the Governor following his (Shaibu's) return from vacation in the United States.

However, all attempts by the Deputy Governor to get close to the Governor failed, as Shaibu was rebuffed by personnel of the Department of State Services (DSS) attached to the Governor's Office who blocked his way.

It was, however, observed that the Deputy Governor would later from afar bow to the Governor in form of respect and return back to his seating position.

It was also gathered that no seat was reserved for the Deputy Governor on the Governor's sitting row at the event, as Shaibu had to get a chair in front of the other aile of the hall.

However, addressing journalists shortly after the ceremony, the Deputy Governor reaffirmed his unalloyed loyalty to his boss, Governor Godwin Obaseki, whom he described as his elder brother.

Shaibu said whatever disagreement he may have with his boss was strictly a family affair and he (Shaibu) would never address the governor in the media, while maintaining that ambition does not affect loyalty as his loyalty to Obaseki remain absolute.

According to him, ”Issues that concern my governor are not what I discuss on camera. He (Obaseki) is my elder brother and boss, if I have any issues with him, I think it is better settled at home not in the media. Family problem are better resolved in a family way.

“I am well brought up and from my Christian background, when you take a vow (with God), you must fulfil it. And the vow I have taken with God is that I will continue to support Godwin Obaseki as the Governor of Edo State from the beginning to the end.

“But that doesn't stop any other thing that has to do with ambition. Ambition is personal. Ambition does not affect loyalty. My loyalty to the governor remains absolute. I am also in solidarity with the governor and declaring my unalloyed loyalty to the Governor and nothing more.”

Amid the feud between the two Edo political leaders, Shaibu approached the Federal High Court in Abuja for protection to restrain Governor Godwin Obaseki, Edo State House of Assembly, Chief Judge of Edo State and others from impeaching him.

In reaction, Governor Obaseki had accused Shaibu of being desperate to succeed him, saying the deputy governor may contemplate coup against him (Obaseki).

Shaibu had however denied the allegations, saying he remained loyal to the Governor as there was no any ill attempt against Obaseki.

https://metrowatchonline.com/edo-shaibu-restates-loyalty-to-gov-obaseki-says-ambition-personal-metrowatch/?amp=1

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by Edo2020: 9:33pm On Aug 27, 2023
Thoughts?

1 Like

Re: Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by Aonkuuse(m): 9:34pm On Aug 27, 2023
Seriously??

Meanwhile, charm potency horribly went wrong, see graphic video >>>>https://trendygists.com/2023/08/27/young-man-amoh-kwadwo-shot-dead-by-friend-after-juju-testing-gone-bad-video/
Re: Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by 9jaBlogger: 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by wittywriter: 9:42pm On Aug 27, 2023
Drama

Wittyness

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by seunmsg(m): 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2023
Shaibu the internally displaced politician of Edo state.

224 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by Samakus(m): 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2023
That's a crude way of disrespecting your deputy governor publicly

247 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by illicit(m): 9:44pm On Aug 27, 2023
grin
Re: Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by Praxis758: 9:45pm On Aug 27, 2023
Sowing is reaping.

However, Obaseki must remember that his position isn’t immortal.

139 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by Nonybb: 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2023
Shuaibu is a very desperate politician to ever man the government house. This man doesn't understand the principle of succession: that you don't succeed your master by fighting him but by being loyal or using pretence

161 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by tydi(m): 9:47pm On Aug 27, 2023
And they are in the presence of God( church) carrying all these malice with them.
Nawa wa!!

145 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by CILAX: 9:47pm On Aug 27, 2023
I am beginning to enjoy this drama. I hope it continues

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by Dreamhighnow(m): 9:56pm On Aug 27, 2023
Why humiliate him

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by Alchemy528: 10:04pm On Aug 27, 2023
Wahala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by 22o62021: 10:07pm On Aug 27, 2023
Church has been turned to a political house

Obaseki should recover all those filling stations that shaiubu acquired through land grabbing

The next government will then recover the houses Obaseki acquired through land grabbing too.

106 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by hisexcellency34: 10:09pm On Aug 27, 2023
This is pure nonsense. Why are these two fools ridiculing themselves like this? I dislike Shaibu's desperation but Obaseki should take things easy

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by kokoA(m): 10:10pm On Aug 27, 2023
People that they will soon forget about in a matter of months. Where is Buhari today? Where is Amaechi? E.T.C.. These people fight for power as if they will be there forever.

146 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by obembet(f): 10:12pm On Aug 27, 2023
Thier problem grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by yarimo(m): 10:22pm On Aug 27, 2023
Foolish man nothing wrong in deputy governor wanting to succeed you as governor

188 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by Burob: 10:23pm On Aug 27, 2023
22o62021:
Church has been turned to a political house

Obaseki should recover all those filling stations that shaiubu acquired through land grabbing

The next government will then recover the houses Obaseki acquired through land grabbing too.
Very funny.

11 Likes

Re: Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by ganisucks(f): 10:53pm On Aug 27, 2023
Look at Obaseki's face. Kikiki... 😅🤣😂😆
If him get chance, him for like slap Shuaibu face dirty.

21 Likes

Re: Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by Benwallt(m): 10:56pm On Aug 27, 2023
Praxis758:
Sowing is reaping.

However, Obaseki must remember that his position is immortal.

You mean he will be governor forever or you meant to say mortal

23 Likes

Re: Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by lebi65: 10:57pm On Aug 27, 2023
The next step is polishing, which uses abrasive substances to eliminate flaws like swirl marks and minor scratches and restore a glossy sheen.
https://www.detaildirect.shop/
Re: Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by westlius(m): 11:06pm On Aug 27, 2023
Always respect ur boss
And never be too forward

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by miceroms: 11:06pm On Aug 27, 2023
See the eyes of Obaseki.

20 Likes

Re: Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by Ofunaofu: 11:08pm On Aug 27, 2023
seunmsg:

He will be so welcomed into the APC

After all, he is Oshiomhole's protege

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by MrsTwrite(f): 11:20pm On Aug 27, 2023
All these matured men with unnecessary drama...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by Praxis758: 11:46pm On Aug 27, 2023
Benwallt:

You mean he will be governor forever or you meant to say mortal

I’ve corrected it.

Thanks for the observation.

18 Likes

Re: Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by Benwallt(m): 11:48pm On Aug 27, 2023
Praxis758:

I’ve corrected it.

Thanks for the observation.

You're very much welcome bro.

9 Likes

Re: Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by FreeStuffsNG: 1:11am On Aug 28, 2023
Samakus:
That's a crude way of disrespecting your deputy governor publicly
They are both betrayers of their political benefactors

150 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by Wickedfacts: 1:15am On Aug 28, 2023
seunmsg:

I remember those sons of sorrow from the land of the rising mud saying Shuaibu will retire Oshiomole in Edo North. grin

133 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drama As DSS Blocks Shaibu From Accessing Obaseki At Public Function (Photos) by Wickedfacts: 1:15am On Aug 28, 2023
Ofunaofu:

He will be so welcomed into the APC

After all, he is Oshiomhole's protege

If he comes into APC, let him go start from the Ward and go queue behind his Ward councillor. Nothing for him.

126 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu / Have You Received Any Money Or Relief Material From The Federal Government? / Wike Sends Cryptic Message To PDP Set To Join Forces With Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.