Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks (1399 Views)

Seven Ogun Communities Protest Bad Roads, Gully Erosion / Agony As Herdsmen Overrun Ogun Communities / FCT, Lagos, Ogun Communities Ignore Lockdown Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by References: 2:56pm On Jan 29, 2020
Tens of farmers – men and women, from over 12 villages in Oja Odan community and its environs in Yewa North Local Government Area of Ogun State protested the incessant attacks on them by herdsmen and destruction of their farm crops by grazing cattle.

The grieving farmers who took their protest march, on Wednesday, to the Palace of the traditional ruler of the area, the Eselu of Iseluland, Oba Akintunde Akinyemi, alleged that one of them was killed last week by violent herdsmen, who also cruelly chopped off one of the hands of the murdered man’s son.

They further alleged that they have also lost tens of millions of naira in farm crops to the over 8,000 heads of cattle that routinely graze on their farms, devour the crops and trampling down others as they move indiscriminately from one end to the other.

The Jagun Oba of Iseluland, Chief Festus Olabode Aina who spoke on behalf of the protesting farmers at the Palace of Oba Akinyemi, said the herdsmen were intruders from Republic of Niger and Chad and having been chased out of Republic of Benin by the country’s soldiers during the movement, surged into their villages and practically took over the farms and forest there.

Aina urged the monarch to convey their plights to the state and Federal governments to come to their rescue quickly and drive the herdsmen away, fearing that they could be bloodshed as witnessed in 2007, should the “peace loving villagers’ patience” thinned out and gives way in self-defence to direct confrontation with the offending herdsmen.

According to him, their age-long stream that supply them water for drinking and domestic purposes have been muddied, polluted and soiled with cow droppings by the cattle which go there for water daily while their women, daughters and sisters also suffer dehumanisation, abuse and humiliation in the hands of herdsmen.

Responding, Oba Akinyemi lauded the farmers for their peaceful conduct and advised them to continue to be calm and not take the laws in their hands, assuring that their message would be communicated to the governments.

The monarch lamented that the herders returned to the community in their large numbers after the Benin republic soldiers vent their anger on them over the border closure and sent them packing from their country.

Speaking with reporters, the Eselu appeals to the government to intervene and let the herdsmen leave the community immediately before things go out of hands.

The monarch said:”Well, my people are here today to agitate against the abuse, killings, destruction of crops by the Fulani herdsmen in our community. It is surprising to me to see my people, representatives of different communities where we have over 26,000 voters protesting this morning.

“Ever since I have been on the throne, this has always been a problem we have been trying to tame, but, because of the stubbornness of this herdsmen, it has become so difficult to tame them.

“The problem has become more tedious because many of them are now from Benin Republic and Niger. My people are saying they can’t take it anymore. The soldiers in the republic of Benin have chased the herdsmen out and they have now seen our community as an alternative at the expense of the peace of our people in our land.

“They are now destroying our crops raping our women, maiming our men among others. So, as a matter of fact, I have to employ an appeal to the government to please come to the aid of our people as a matter of urgency.”

However, the Ogun State Police Command said it is aware of the community’s protest but assured that there would be security beef up in the to support those already on ground to ensure safety for the villagers and farmers.

Speaking through the Command’s Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, it added that the Police would continue to put measures in place to prevent a breakdown law and order in that part of the state.
https://thenationonlineng.net/ogun-communities-protest-herdsmen-attacks/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Re: Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by Enwhen(m): 3:02pm On Jan 29, 2020
What AMOTEKUN still waiting for ??

SW governors are not wise at all..... These people are already trooping in from various corners... RIP in advance to AMETOKUN personnels

1 Like

Re: Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by Brandstudio01: 3:06pm On Jan 29, 2020
History will Remember this Government. For good if they have done good. And for Bad if they have done Bad.

Only person I pity for is Buhari who will share dual bad record after all these crowd of supporters have died down. I hope he doesn't even regret becoming President the second time later in life

3 Likes

Re: Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by LegendHero(m): 3:24pm On Jan 29, 2020
The FG is not wise at all. The open grazing needs to be banned in its entirety or they are setting up the Fulani herdsmen in the south for mass genocide.

If Buhari leave the government by 2023 and a strong southerner is elected as president, then I am 98% sure there will be retaliation against the Fulanis in every corner of the south if they ever dare continue all this rubbish they are doing.

Forget the myth, the Fulanis are not strong, they are only hiding under the failed system induced by nepotism and the reluctance to take necessary action from Buhari.

I haven’t seen much of these herdsmen arrested and tried in the law court and yet they kill with impunity every time. See the case of the jos killing on front page today too.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by clarocuzioo(m): 3:25pm On Jan 29, 2020
According to one confused Chicago drug Baron and bullion van thief, "Evans has done it again".

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by Ogonimilitant(m): 4:14pm On Jan 29, 2020
ok

1 Like

Re: Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by ZombieHUNT: 4:22pm On Jan 29, 2020
Enwhen:

SW governors are not wise at all..... These people are already trooping in from various corners... RIP in advance to AMETOKUN personnels

Shut Up there jare....

Amotekun is here and soon all these will be a thing of the past
Re: Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by StaffofOrayan(m): 4:26pm On Jan 29, 2020
Parasites !!!!!
Re: Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by mrvitalis(m): 4:30pm On Jan 29, 2020
Smh where are the cows ?

1 Like

Re: Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by AgentNairaland(f): 4:33pm On Jan 29, 2020
Amotekun!/Amotekun!! Amotekun!!!

1 Like

Re: Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by goodnessme1(f): 4:35pm On Jan 29, 2020
Where are the Amotekun,the chicken Thieves catchers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by goodnessme1(f): 4:39pm On Jan 29, 2020
Enwhen:

They can only catch chicken Thieves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 29, 2020
Perpetrators of fake news at work again.
When did we hear that herdsmen attacked Ogun state, their fellow Muslim state.

1 Like

Re: Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by goodnessme1(f): 4:42pm On Jan 29, 2020
mrvitalis:
Smh where are the cows ?
Is Evans herdsman.
Re: Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by Tumbulum: 4:49pm On Jan 29, 2020
And Tinubu asked them "where are the cows?"

1 Like

Re: Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by mrvitalis(m): 4:52pm On Jan 29, 2020
goodnessme1:
Is Evans herdsman.
Ask me na ,
Re: Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by Donaldoni: 5:07pm On Jan 29, 2020
Enwhen:

Amotekun will soon be backed up by relevant legislation. Then they will spring to action.
Re: Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by ThiagoKid(m): 5:55pm On Jan 29, 2020
Amotekun where art thou...
Re: Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by BlackfireX: 5:56pm On Jan 29, 2020
If only the SW saw the carnage and chaos that comes with buharism.

But it is too late.

1 Like

Re: Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by helinues: 5:58pm On Jan 29, 2020
It can only be in Yewa.

Nothing is working in that part of Ogun state yet the electorates keep voting clueless politicians there
Re: Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by Enwhen(m): 7:41pm On Jan 29, 2020
ZombieHUNT:

Shut Up there jare....

Amotekun is here and soon all these will be a thing of the past

Amotekun should start immediately, while the legal finishing is ongoing... U are saying shut up as if u Know what is happening in ur forest, since ur people no longer want to farm like before, these criminals have take over it... They are trooping in daily from Mali via Benin republic... Also via saki in Oyo and via Kogi...I know what I am saying , some of u will just come online and be shutting people up without no info... The police and immigration are aware of these movements in the SW and NC , but for the directives given by President Buhari to register them at entering point nobody want to voice out, even when nobody is doing any registration for them because they coming via the forest...What I don't understand is if it legal for foreigners to enter our country because they have their kinsmen in Nigeria , I don't understand it , already Nigeriene have taken over Lagos and the Sarikin hausa in lagos is not doing anything about that...

Don't be surprised when Ametokun starts they would face a strong resistance from these guys mostly in Ondo, Oyo, Ekiti, Osun, Ekiti,
Re: Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by Enwhen(m): 7:47pm On Jan 29, 2020
Donaldoni:

Amotekun will soon be backed up by relevant legislation. Then they will spring to action.

Why the delay ??, Same thing happened in Benue, while they trying to sign the bill , those criminals was taking trooping in taking over the forest, by the time they finished signing it, those vigilante that was mearnt to enforced the law was killed like animals in the bush and this same AGF delaying Amotekun and Minister of defence said it was community clashes... With what I know I don't need Gen TY Danjunas advice... These govs should act swiftly , u wan go arrest people u dey delay , is either the people will run away or ambush and kill u.

1 Like

Re: Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by saaron(m): 8:08pm On Jan 29, 2020
Fulani terrorist murderers always leave rivers of blood everywhere they go. Why? Because they're savages and babarians. That's why they were totally rejected in Mali, Burkina faso, Ghana, Benin, Togo Central African Republic etc. Buhari's regime has open northern border for all of them to come into Nigeria.
Time for all regions in Nigeria to establish full fledge Regional Police force for defence.
These bloodshed is no longer a state matter. It's now a case of terrorist invasion into Nigeria by terrorist with fed govt backing.

1 Like

Re: Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by saaron(m): 8:23pm On Jan 29, 2020
LegendHero:
The FG is not wise at all. The open grazing needs to be banned in its entirety or they are setting up the Fulani herdsmen in the south for mass genocide.

If Buhari leave the government by 2023 and a strong southerner is elected as president, then I am 98% sure there will be retaliation against the Fulanis in every corner of the south if they ever dare continue all this rubbish they are doing.

Forget the myth, the Fulanis are not strong, they are only hiding under the failed system induced by nepotism and the reluctance to take necessary action from Buhari.

I haven’t seen much of these herdsmen arrested and tried in the law court and yet they kill with impunity every time. See the case of the jos killing on front page today too.
Fulanis are cowards in face to face combat. That's why they attack unarmed people going about their business.
Their strength was embolden by buhari's fulani regime via Nigeria's quota system security structure. That's why they're killing and slaughtering unarmed people with impunity without any arrest.

1 Like

Re: Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by husbandsnatcha(f): 9:07pm On Jan 29, 2020
Enwhen:

...they only good fighting igbo businessmen

1 Like

Re: Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by husbandsnatcha(f): 9:10pm On Jan 29, 2020
goodnessme1:
Is Evans herdsman.
...but tinubu said is Evans okoro

1 Like

Re: Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by husbandsnatcha(f): 9:14pm On Jan 29, 2020
LegendHero:

...see how calm n civil u are because is fulani , d other day igboman refuse to pay house rent in Lagos u are jumping upandan shouting Igbo must leave Lagos ,

Y not shout fulani must leave coward

U afonja brought to fight igbos after which he will handover to u , cos u know buhari hates them ... hahahaha enjoy ur wickedness

2 Likes

Re: Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by LegendHero(m): 9:28pm On Jan 29, 2020
husbandsnatcha:
...see how calm n civil u are because is fulani , d other day igboman refuse to pay house rent in Lagos u are jumping upandan shouting Igbo must leave Lagos ,

Y not shout fulani must leave coward

U afonja brought to fight igbos after which he will handover to u , cos u know buhari hates them ... hahahaha enjoy ur wickedness

Are you sure you’re talking to the right person??

But the Igbo also tried to bring Atiku even after knowing the wickedness of the Fulanis like you said.

Are you sure everything is okay like this sis?
Re: Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:46pm On Jan 29, 2020
Chai. So sad.

Nnamdi Kanu, may you live longer than your ancestors.

1 Like

Re: Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by Subzero047: 9:48pm On Jan 29, 2020
Na wa o don't they have a decent cloth in SW?

1 Like

Re: Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by Subzero047: 9:50pm On Jan 29, 2020
helinues:
It can only be in Yewa.

Nothing is working in that part of Ogun state yet the electorates keep voting clueless politicians there

This Afonja muslim is already blaming his people instead of his masters

2 Likes

Re: Ogun communities protest herdsmen attacks by juman(m): 9:57pm On Jan 29, 2020
Nigeria is a country without any government.
See foreigners from republic of Niger and Chad killing our people anyhow.

One nigeria is a mess.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reasons APC National Executive Committee May Sack Oshiomhole, NWC Members On Thu / Why Tinubu Is Not Invited To NEC Meeting With Buhari, Giadom - Presidency / BREAKING!: More On The 58 Doctors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.