Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,032 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Why Is The Sultan Of Sokoto The Supreme Head Of All Muslims In Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is The Sultan Of Sokoto The Supreme Head Of All Muslims In Nigeria? (4431 Views)

Few Minutes To Tinubu Rally In Sokoto. The Deputy Governor Of Sokot / Peter Obi Billboard Spotted In SOKOTO, The North Are Obidient / Atiku Visits The Sultan Of Sokoto's Palace (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The Sultan Of Sokoto The Supreme Head Of All Muslims In Nigeria? by ChoCho54(f): 8:38am On Jan 30, 2020
FrLukas:

Your obsession with the Yorubas and their affairs is a thing of concern. Have you seen a professional for help?

If I were you, I'd concentrate on how we can eradicate the barbaric practice of Osu caste system from Igboland instead of masturbating over what Yorubas are doing or not doing.

Your house is burning to the ground and your children, your wife and parents are becoming toast but you are busy pouring petrol in your neighbour's house in the hope that it catches fire. Lol.

You've forgotten that your aunties, your uncles, your brothers and sisters, your nephews and nieces are all living in your neighbour's house too.

Double wahala for deadi bodi.
The Osu of Yoruba land Prof ishaq Akintola is your brother.

Please throw some enlightenment on the topic Padre.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The Sultan Of Sokoto The Supreme Head Of All Muslims In Nigeria? by solmusdesigns: 8:41am On Jan 30, 2020
12Monkeys:

The constitution recognises only the Sultan as Supreme commander of all Muslims. His words are fatwa.

Or does the FG take cognisance of your yaribanza Muslim calender when declaring Muslim holidays?

ohh and i forgot to add, Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola issues out holidays so your christian holidays are issued by a yoruba man
Re: Why Is The Sultan Of Sokoto The Supreme Head Of All Muslims In Nigeria? by ChoCho54(f): 8:41am On Jan 30, 2020
12Monkeys:

My threads do not search for answers but confessions.

All threads I make regarding Oyoruba Muslims are rhetorical and only searching for confirmations from the Yaribanzas.

I win again.

Lolz
You dey use juju. All your threads na bump!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Sultan Of Sokoto The Supreme Head Of All Muslims In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 30, 2020
ChoCho54:
The Osu of Yoruba land Prof ishaq Akintola is your brother.

Please throw some enlightenment on the topic Padre.

I know you won't understand this, but I'll post it all the same.

The concept of Osu or any type of caste system is foreign and alien to the Yorubas. All Yoruba people are freeborn and proud sons and daughters of Oduduwa.
We hold our head high wherever we go.

Do you understand? No? Well, I can't help you here.
Re: Why Is The Sultan Of Sokoto The Supreme Head Of All Muslims In Nigeria? by ChoCho54(f): 8:44am On Jan 30, 2020
solmusdesigns:

Moon sighting is what starts and end a lunar islamic month.. North sometimes see the full moon earlier because of the moon path and their tehrain while Yorubas see it at a day or two overlap
Are you saying there are two official moon sightings and announcements?
Re: Why Is The Sultan Of Sokoto The Supreme Head Of All Muslims In Nigeria? by 12Monkeys: 8:45am On Jan 30, 2020
solmusdesigns:

ohh and i forgot to add, Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola issues out holidays so your christian holidays are issued by a yoruba man

Mumu, aregberascal is not minister of interior because of his tribe or religion.

He makes announcements on religious holidays from religious Calender.

In the case of Christians, the universal catholic calender is used. For your Muslim holidays he takes orders from the Sultan
Re: Why Is The Sultan Of Sokoto The Supreme Head Of All Muslims In Nigeria? by solmusdesigns: 8:45am On Jan 30, 2020
12Monkeys:

Google Supreme Council of Islamic Affairs + Nigerian constitution you ignorant yaribanza

Sometimes ignorance makes a dunce sound smart...

So because a yoruba man heads CAN Ibos are inferior to yoruba?
Re: Why Is The Sultan Of Sokoto The Supreme Head Of All Muslims In Nigeria? by solmusdesigns: 8:47am On Jan 30, 2020
ChoCho54:
Are you saying there are two official moon sightings and announcements?

moon is reflected on earth along a lunar path, and depending on your location you may or may not sight the moon at its fullest in its first day of circle

this is why Lunar eclipse is only visible in some location while others dont see it
Re: Why Is The Sultan Of Sokoto The Supreme Head Of All Muslims In Nigeria? by 12Monkeys: 8:48am On Jan 30, 2020
solmusdesigns:

Sometimes ignorance makes a dunce sound smart...

So because a yoruba man heads CAN Ibos are inferior to yoruba?

Ode, the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs has the Sultan as permanent head.

The Sultan position as you know is reserved for fulanis only.

So that makes the Supreme council of Islam exclusively for Fulani muslins only.

Mumu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Sultan Of Sokoto The Supreme Head Of All Muslims In Nigeria? by 12Monkeys: 8:53am On Jan 30, 2020
[quote author=solmusdesigns post=86225985]

moon is reflected on earth along a lunar path, and depending on your location you may or may not sight the moon at its fullest in its first day of circle

this is why Lunar eclipse is only visible in some location while others dont see it[/quote

My friend shut up.

The lunar path follows a longitudinal path. Displacements in a country like Nigeria that spans between longitude 2 degree east to 15 degree east is negligible as the sun's rising and setting and only accounts for a maximum of less than 2 mins to a few seconds.

The sighting of the moon has nothing with lunar displacement in Nigeria as the moon can be sighted at the same time all over Nigeria .

The rising the Sultan is given this privelage is because he is your lord and master
Re: Why Is The Sultan Of Sokoto The Supreme Head Of All Muslims In Nigeria? by In4matic: 8:56am On Jan 30, 2020
Nigeria as it is constituted appears to be a joke.
Regional governance of independent federating units will be the only solution to this false country we call Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Sultan Of Sokoto The Supreme Head Of All Muslims In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 30, 2020
12Monkeys:
[s][/s]

[s]Because Yoruba Muslim slavery to Sokoto is an obsession on its own that warrants discuss.

Tell us why you yoruba Muslims can not select one among you to be a leader.

Awolowo was the one that coined the phrase "what you are looking for in Sokoto is in your Shokoto" to address Akintola's treachery with the north against the western region.

Oga search your Shokoto well and stop looking at sokoto for direction and leadership[/s]

Ibos are obsessed with Yoruba matter. I'm sure you can name all the governors in Yoruba states. I'm also sure you can speak Yoruba too but can hardly speak Ibo.

You even know Yoruba history concerning Awolowo and Akintola. I won't lie to you. It feels good to watch some other people obsessing over you and arguing about you. It feels nice.

Please before the end of the day make sure you've opened at least 12 more posts about the Yorubas on Nairaland.

It is gratifying and satisfying to watch you waste energy, time and resources on a non issue.

Every Yoruba person has both Moslems and Christians in their families.

So your propaganda is dead on arrival.

But please continue. You entertain us immensely.

What will Nairaland be like without clowns like you to make us laugh at how stupid a human being can really be.

Let us know when your slave chains are broken and you're granted Biafra.
Re: Why Is The Sultan Of Sokoto The Supreme Head Of All Muslims In Nigeria? by solmusdesigns: 9:12am On Jan 30, 2020
SilasNwude:
[/b]

rule 2

lol this boy go tire
Re: Why Is The Sultan Of Sokoto The Supreme Head Of All Muslims In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 30, 2020
solmusdesigns:

Yorubas and Hausa's hardly pray on the same date and in the same eid.. we yorubas follow allahs words not that of sultan, or is it the same sultan that Obasanjo single handedly made?

the only shine that sultan claims over islam in nigeria is that his ancestors brought it to Nigeria
lol, you just admitted something in the later end,

In christianity nobody can claim "shine" for bringing christianity first to anywhere, infact you humbly take the servant position all through with the joy of bringing the good news first.

Truth is an average northern muslim doesnt see the southern counterpart as a true muslim because such muslim comes from a region that is supossedly entrenthed with "infidels" and as such they cant trust that muslim to hold sway a vital thing to them as islam cos it can be corrupted.

There is always this suspision within them, am talking from my experience with northernern muslims that always saw their yoruba muslim brothers as takers of alcohol even though they generally smoke weed together.

Funny enough a northern muslim faces same fate of inferior muslim with an arab muslim.

Its just the normal islamic rite to ostractise some people and give positions and special rights according to your proximity to mecca or founding fathers not on worship so that the old doctrines isnt "corrupted" by "infidels" areas who practise western culture

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Sultan Of Sokoto The Supreme Head Of All Muslims In Nigeria? by 12Monkeys: 9:52am On Jan 30, 2020
FrLukas:

Ibos are obsessed with Yoruba matter. I'm sure you can name all the governors in Yoruba states. I'm also sure you can speak Yoruba too but can hardly speak Ibo.

You even know Yoruba history concerning Awolowo and Akintola. I won't lie to you. It feels good to watch some other people obsessing over you and arguing about you. It feels nice.

Please before the end of the day make sure you've opened at least 12 more posts about the Yorubas on Nairaland.

It is gratifying and satisfying to watch you waste energy, time and resources on a non issue.

Every Yoruba person has both Moslems and Christians in their families.

So your propaganda is dead on arrival.

But please continue. You entertain us immensely.

What will Nairaland be like without clowns like you to make us laugh at how stupid a human being can really be.

Let us know when your slave chains are broken and you're granted Biafra.

I hope the true Omoluabis are seeing how yaribanza Muslims are truly slaves to sokoto.

Ogbenni , you can not use Igbo bashing to divert your fellow Yorubas from seeing how much enslaved you are to Sokoto.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Sultan Of Sokoto The Supreme Head Of All Muslims In Nigeria? by forgiveness: 10:11am On Jan 30, 2020
solmusdesigns:

Yorubas and Hausa's hardly pray on the same date and in the same eid.. we yorubas follow allahs words not that of sultan, or is it the same sultan that Obasanjo single handedly made?

the only shine that sultan claims over islam in nigeria is that his ancestors brought it to Nigeria

Wrong. Islam was already in Kanuri, Hausa and Yorubaland before Dan fodio ever came.

It was know as esin Male (meaning Mali's religion) in Yorubaland due to contacts with MALIAN'S traders during the 14th century. Centuries before Dan folio was ever born.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Sultan Of Sokoto The Supreme Head Of All Muslims In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 30, 2020
12Monkeys:

I[s] hope the true Omoluabis are seeing how yaribanza Muslims are truly slaves to sokoto.

Ogbenni , you can not use Igbo bashing to divert your fellow Yorubas from seeing how much enslaved you are to Sokoto.[/s]

You can run along now. I'm done with you.
Re: Why Is The Sultan Of Sokoto The Supreme Head Of All Muslims In Nigeria? by kayfra: 12:04pm On Jan 30, 2020
It is really shameful how Nigerian muslims have allowed Fulanis to manipulate the religion as a tool to rule.

Nothing sane or rational about the Sultan of Sokoto being the defacto leader of Nigerian muslims. The Kanuris had Islam before any group in the country. Also, why is the position not rotational and why does it exclude other sects such as Shia etc?

Why are Nigerian muslims blind to the obvious Fulani scheme? It is pure garbage

4 Likes

Re: Why Is The Sultan Of Sokoto The Supreme Head Of All Muslims In Nigeria? by 12Monkeys: 12:20pm On Jan 30, 2020
FrLukas:

You can run along now. I'm done with you.

Go and worship your Satan of Sawkata
Re: Why Is The Sultan Of Sokoto The Supreme Head Of All Muslims In Nigeria? by myobjective: 12:36pm On Jan 30, 2020
centurionpapa:

Sultan of Sokoto is the supreme head of all Muslims not only yoruba Muslims but also the kanuris, nupe, etsakos, anioma etc.
Dont you think Fulani deserve it.?
They sacrifice their lives, their everything,for the advancement of Islam throughout the country peace
I

Which sacrifices? Going by the logic of who first built an Islamic state in Nigeria the head of Muslim should go to the Kanuri since they have an Islamic state centuries before Usman Dan Fodio was born.

Coming back to the question, sultan of Sokoto was made the head of Nigeria Muslim by northern military leaders, in reality, he doesn't even command that respect in even in the core North. People respect Islamic scholars like Dairu Bauchi, senior Kumi and the lack than the sultan.

The Yoruba and Edo/Delta have their Are Muslim which normally resides in Ibadan. Yoruba Muslim are independent of Hausa-Fulani Muslim both in ideology and structures.
Re: Why Is The Sultan Of Sokoto The Supreme Head Of All Muslims In Nigeria? by myobjective: 12:40pm On Jan 30, 2020
kayfra:
It is really shameful how Nigerian Muslims have allowed Fulanis to manipulate the religion as a tool to rule.

Nothing sane or rational about the Sultan of Sokoto is the de facto leader of Nigerian Muslims. The Kanuris had Islam before any group in the country. Also, why is the position not rotational and why does it exclude other sects such as Shia etc?

Why is Nigerian Muslims blind to the obvious Fulani scheme? It is pure garbage

You are on point, my brother! Islam is a political tool to the Fulani to project power, without the religion they don't have the justification for occupying the seat of power in the north since they were settlers and a tiny minority.

The sultan is just a ceremonial figure in the larger scheme of things, in reality, the emir of Kano is even more powerful than him.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Sultan Of Sokoto The Supreme Head Of All Muslims In Nigeria? by myobjective: 12:43pm On Jan 30, 2020
forgiveness:

Wrong. Islam was already in Kanuri, Hausa and Yorubaland before Dan fodio ever came.

It was known as in Male (meaning Mali's religion) in Yorubaland due to contacts with MALIAN'S traders during the 14th century. Centuries before Dan folio was ever born.

Dan Fodio only uses jihad to take power from the Hausa kings. He blackmailed them of not practice Islam according to the sunnah and corruption. He only latches on the sentiment of religion to gain political power for himself and his minority Fulani brothers.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Sultan Of Sokoto The Supreme Head Of All Muslims In Nigeria? by letu(m): 12:48pm On Jan 30, 2020
Mikecold:
lol, afemai people the black sheep in edo.

Kogi by blood, your penchant to worship fulani in the name of islam is why herdsmen terrorists have shifted to your villages
Correction, it is Kukuruku Provence of (Nupie) Bida Emirate/Sokoto Caliphate this is a historical facts that northern Edo during the time when Oba of Binin power/influence was no longer as it used to be then came Nupie/Fulani Islamic soldiers of Bida Emirate of Sokoto Caliphate, they conquered, subdued, ransack and convert some natives to Islam in which through the natives they converted, this natives now help Bida Emirate/Sokoto Caliphate to spread Islam throughout Kukuruku now know as Northern Edo state.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The 'spartacus COVID Letter' That's Gone Viral / 2023: States Peter Obi Can/will Win (Pictures) - Report / Katsina for Peter Obi rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.