Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 (28712 Views)

Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union / Trump Threatening A Damaging New Trade War With The United Kingdom After Brexit / British MPs Vote Against Brexit Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 30, 2020
Neoteny:

The UK gets to save about £8.5b from EU membership fees, and exiting a single market entity will enable the UK to introduce tariffs along WTO rules, and medium scale business can now trade globally free from the rules and regulations of the EU.

The Canada as well as several other non-EU countries will pickup the slack on account of innovative bilateral trade agreements.

With almost 4 million foreign workers residing in the UK, immigration had always been an economic burden. Now the UK is free from the shackles of the EU when it comes to migration policies.

The overwhelming reason for the UK leaving the EU is largely economic, be it trade, tariffs and immigration.

Sense is good, but reason is better.

Sir Google what enlightened self interest means.

Everything u typed is for d benefit of d UK , I won't bother arguing why this is actually a disastrous move on d part of d uk as there are numerous articles on the internet explaining it.

The big question how does d UK having d ability to impose tariffs benefit migration and Africa?

Will they put forward policies that benefit themselves or Africa since there's going to be a shortfall in their economy?

Oga educator, think!!!
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by DonroxyII: 9:17am On Jan 30, 2020
Nigsrdumb:
For those naive people, Britain will not let you in , what they'll do instead is to systematically re colonise your dumb asses, under UK Africa summit.

The growth rate of UK is expected to fall after Brexit, they need new sources for cheap raw materials.

But what do I know, our ancestors were also dumb. It's probably genetic.
grin .... Maybe the sun is harsh here and eating the brain grin ... Lol @ genetics !
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 30, 2020
DonroxyII:
grin .... Maybe the sun is harsh here and eating the brain grin ... Lol @ genetics !

I tire oh, all the adults have left the chat. It's this literate illiterates that have taken over.

I miss those good old days of nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by midnighter(f): 9:21am On Jan 30, 2020
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by Harrisonwo(m): 9:24am On Jan 30, 2020
Freetech:
Waooh! I'm excited about this.

A new door of migration to UK about to open to Nigerian and other commonwealth States.

Get ready guys.

the uk Africa summit was a ploy to get British former colonies in line behind them. if any African former British colony is smart, this isbd perfect opportunity to grab the British by the balls. they are weak and their economy isn't that strong. unfortunately our president will just be thinking bout his next UK vacation. when in retrospect business deals like visa waiver, increased aid both military and otherwise,l increase quota of visa approval etc.. in max 30yrs, British economy go regain their strength
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by chosenwan1(m): 9:30am On Jan 30, 2020
Joker, uk left the EU because they got tired of europeans and you think Common wealth nations will get it easy. They just want a union they can lord it over nations, which is what that common wealth is.
RedBlackPepper:
Wow...congratulations to all commonwealth nations, this a win for us all, especially Africans. More opportunities and relaxed visa guarantee.
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 30, 2020
alfredilly:
The Op is referring to the recent obsession Nigerian now have with Canada. I think I get his message. Canada is good, no doubt but Nigerian opinion about the country now seems so exaggerated the when you put US side by side with Canada, 90 Percent will choose Canada and that is strange

Many people don’t wanna come back....is the PR that’s making people choose Canada....rather than just being obsessed with the idea of Canada. The place is freaking cold for crying out loud.... I feel if another country opens a robust achievable point based system offering permanent residency like Canada u will see people rushing there as well...
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by midnighter(f): 9:32am On Jan 30, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

Everything u typed is for d benefit of d UK , I won't bother arguing why this is actually a disastrous move on d part of d uk as there are numerous articles on the internet explaining it.

Hahaha dont mind him! As if he knows the implications of WTO rules in reality bahaha!

Somebody will just copy and paste from one place as if he knows anything at all lmao
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by Neoteny(m): 9:33am On Jan 30, 2020
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by Ginomel(m): 9:34am On Jan 30, 2020
HacheNoire:

What's in Canada you people shout about.

A country with massive landmass with a population of Lagos State. Great country, limited opportunities.

People won't just tell you the truth about that country. The hype is too much.

Well said, me too I am getting confused of the hyping,

Canada may not be the way it is hyped.
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by sparko1(m): 9:35am On Jan 30, 2020
catoluy:

I know the last statement will bother you as an afonja...you think Igbos are your mate? Go and read about what Lord Luggard said about Afonjas having low IQ; that's why they are using you people and Fulani to promote One Nigeria...you cannot reason like a human being! By the way, IPOB created BSS way before your people thought of Amotekun. Your envy and wickedness made you people attack BSS but now wanting the same? You people lack foresight to see things before they happen. Just like we warned you about Buhari, you refused to listen. You have no shame.

You see, this is the problem, everyone that doesn't agree with you is an afonja, to you there are only three tribes in Nigeria, you talk like a kid, what has mate got to do with this.

In your stupidity, you mentioned BSS, under what? What did you succeed in doing, apart from making IPOB that used to be a peaceful gathering into a FG approved terrorist!, get people killed and nothing changed. You read but can't understand, look how UK did theirs, look how Amotekun was formed, if OPC decide to form Amotekun, do you think the FG will be this quite about it, do you think there will be any negotiation at all.

Your governors are there, senator and house of rep member, no unity, you think typing hate speech or chanting fire all day is going to bring the actualization! Keep fooling yourselves, no democratically elected government will support separation by anarchy!

You warned about Buhari but want to put Atiku there, what is the difference, why can't you just learn, remove a fulani and replace with another fulani of your choice, how does that resolve anything, if you want to leave Nigeria, that is the last thing you want to do, except you are just deceiving yourself.

I am not surprised, every man for himself and its a shame!

1 Like

Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by Neoteny(m): 9:38am On Jan 30, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

The big question how does d UK having d ability to impose tariffs benefit migration and Africa?

Will they put forward policies that benefit themselves or Africa since there's going to be a shortfall in their economy?

Oga educator, think!!!

The original post had nothing to do with how Brexit impacts Africa, and i never mentioned Africa in my posts beyond trying to dispel the notions some hold that Brexit is same thing as secession or balkanization of Nigeria. Please refer to the original post i quoted.

I can assure you the Brexiters were absolutely thinking of their country and not Africa or African migrants. Indeed, one of the arguments for Brexit is to stop the inflow of mostly eastern European migrants because of the economic impact.

Whether the UK will suffer for brexiting remains to be seen, as there are a million and one Internet pros and cons. I daresay the UK has weighed the benefits and consequences of brexiting before going ahead, and I doubt you know more than them what they stand to gain or lose by it.

Now, you can accept or reject, fine by me. As Captain America says: I can do this all day. grin

1 Like

Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 30, 2020
midnighter:

Hahaha dont mind him! As if he knows the implications of WTO rules in reality bahaha!

Somebody will just copy and paste from one place as if he knows anything at all lmao

Yeah I knew he quickly Googled copied and pasted that nonsense.

One white guy told me chimps are more possessive of their possessions than blacks.

I asked him why, he said because they don't know how to put value on things.

Eg labanese are trooping into Nigeria owning amusement parks in Lagos, hotels in eko Atlantic, even heard Russians are buying houses in Lagos, but when Nigerians go to Lebanon they're enslaved.

There's something wrong with the mind of the black man.

Not all but a lot.

1 Like

Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 30, 2020
Neoteny:

The original post had nothing to do with how Brexit impacts Africa, and i never mentioned Africa in my posts beyond trying to dispel the notions some hold that Brexit is same thing as secession or balkanization of Nigeria. Please refer to the original post i quoted.

I can assure you the Brexiters were absolutely thinking of their country and not Africa or African migrants. Indeed, one of the arguments for Brexit is to stop the inflow of mostly eastern European migrants because of the economic impact.

Whether the UK will suffer for brexiting remains to be seen, as there are a million and one Internet pros and cons. I daresay the UK has weighed the benefits and consequences of brexiting before going ahead, and I doubt you know more than them what they stand to gain or lose by it.

Now, you can accept or reject, fine by me. As Captain America says: I can do this all day. grin

Your point is?

I guess to argue for argument sake.

A fifteen year old European girl understands self enlightenment, when they discuss politics and economics, it's always about how it will benefit them.

The reverse is d case for u negro's, u simply can't think and have no concept of true freedom..
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by Neoteny(m): 9:57am On Jan 30, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

Your point is?

I guess to argue for argument sake.

A fifteen year old European girl understands self enlightenment, when they discuss politics and economics, it's always about how it will benefit them.

The reverse is d case for u negro's, u simply can't think and have no concept of true freedom..

Your name is Nigsrdumb

It's an appropriate reflection of your soul.

Because i deliberately dumbed down the essence of my position but predictably it went whoosh over your head.

Because you, nigr, are dumber than a pile of rocks.
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 30, 2020
Neoteny:

Your name is Nigsrdumb

It's an appropriate reflection of your soul.

Because i deliberately dumbed down the essence of my position but predictably it went whoosh over your head.

Because you, nigr, are dumber than a pile of rocks.

Ok sir , very intelligent and interesting come back.

My advice use at least three sources when trying to copy and paste facts .

There's a difference between someone with independent thought and a half witted copy and paste slowpoke.
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 30, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

Low iq comment. It's time someone started putting you niggas straight.

The first step to recovery is to accept you are dumb.

Second step after you study Milton Friedman and co, use your brain, study the world around you via observation, compare to what you've read then your brain will re calibrate.
Thank you, what does niggas mean? You don't know when to quit do you?

2 Likes

Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by dazzlingd(m): 10:07am On Jan 30, 2020
Freetech:
Waooh! I'm excited about this.

A new door of migration to UK about to open to Nigerian and other commonwealth States.

Get ready guys.

Lol, so funny...one of the main reasons they are leaving is to curb immigration
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by Aboguede(m): 10:08am On Jan 30, 2020
I am igbo too

You did not make sense too

Nigsrdumb:

Don't mind them, Igbos will learn the hard way, there's no Christian alliance between black and whites.

Right leaning pro trump's, believe in traditional values eg no homosexuality, no transgender, no interracial families, Christian, small government Etc.

But this black igbo dullards will never understand it.

No wonder you'll see them getting stuck in different parts of the world because they're irrationally highly optimistic about things they don't understand.
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by Neoteny(m): 10:11am On Jan 30, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

Ok sir , very intelligent and interesting come back.

My advice use at least three sources when trying to copy and paste facts .

There's a difference between someone with independent thought and a half witted copy and paste slowpoke.

I copied and pasted from your decaying mother's filthy ass

1 Like

Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by Asifiwe(m): 10:28am On Jan 30, 2020
End the Nigerian Marriage with the north also
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by Maski87: 10:33am On Jan 30, 2020
At last nigerians can now go and replace all those fxxcked,up east Europeans committing benefit fraud in England
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by delawal: 10:37am On Jan 30, 2020
Captainrambo2:
if they want out. They should go but that will sound the death knell of Nigeria. I prefer my state go with them . I hate the islam that will envelope everywhere aftereards undecided
which state
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by eedimo(m): 10:50am On Jan 30, 2020
daewoorazer:
That’s a win for the collective UK, they’ll have absolute control over their economy.

Sad news for European Students...

Bugari, Atifku, Badluck, and Obasanfool should all learn from their colonial masters. Human rights is life!

Educate me pls
What's the sad news for European students?
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by IntellectOzone(m): 11:26am On Jan 30, 2020
Can someone enlighten me how Immigrants will be affected in this move cos I'm planning to vacate to UK to Study
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by YusufTheGreat: 11:30am On Jan 30, 2020
Captainrambo2:
if they want out. They should go but that will sound the death knell of Nigeria. I prefer my state go with them . I hate the islam that will envelope everywhere aftereards undecided
is this what they ve been teaching You in church
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by adenigga(m): 11:30am On Jan 30, 2020
catoluy:
Black people are very very useless. Here is Britain leaving EU but want Nigerians to remain as one? And black people think this is okay? Tomorrow, you cry that white people see you as less human, why won't they? Biafrans at least reason like human beings!

Don't mix things in a wrong way, EU is just an organization like AU, ECOWAS, NATO etc, so differentiate between country's membership and exit and that of organization like EU or AU.

Moreover, when Nigeria closed her borders with her neighboring countries without informing ECOWAS, what happened? Nothing, so Nigeria as a nation - state can pull out of ECOWAS tommorow.

Leaving a State comprises consensus!
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by IYANGBALI: 11:39am On Jan 30, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

Ode , dey there dey there they argue with someone talking from experience.

You can't comprehend what I'm saying, far too advanced. You're better off with your instablog posse. Lol
yinmu. Just talk sey dem no give you visa chikena
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by NomzyJust(m): 12:21pm On Jan 30, 2020
salford1:
They would need immigrants to run the economy. A point based system would likely be introduced soon.

They are already using a point based system.
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by okpalaAnambra: 1:17pm On Jan 30, 2020
Captainrambo2:
biafra ? I claim igbanke ?

You ipob re funny. Guy fade. No part of edo us biafra. Period.
But you just said u wanted your Edo to go with Biafra..double faced being ..lol..I helped u to claim igbanke which is a Biafran land and in Edo state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Trump: 'There's No Way Biden Got 80M votes, This Was A 100% Rigged Election' / Zelensky: West Playing “Ping-Pong” With Ukraine / Huge Explosion Hits Mosque In Kabul, Afghanistan. 60 Killed, Many Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.