Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 (28730 Views)

Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union / Trump Threatening A Damaging New Trade War With The United Kingdom After Brexit / British MPs Vote Against Brexit Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 30, 2020
iykecicero:
The hypocrisy of Great Britain. They supported Nigeria and teamed up with communist USSR and Islamic Egypt to kill, starve and annihilate innocent Biafrans whose only crime is seceding from an evil union. Today, the same Great Britain has left EU, a viable predominantly christian economic union. Still, United Kingdom wants Nigeria, no matter how unviable and retrogressive it is, to remain one for the sole aim of being her cash cow.

UK leaving EU is like Nigeria leaving an organization like AU or ECOWAS. Biafra leaving Nigeria is a different ball game. There is a huge gap of difference between the two. Let's not confuse them please fellow Nigerians.
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by Captainrambo2: 1:37pm On Jan 30, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

But you just said u wanted your Edo to go with Biafra..double faced being ..lol..I helped u to claim igbanke which is a Biafran land and in Edo state
and you quickly laid claim to igbanke, just because I don't like muslims. Abeg face front. Those people have rejected you igbos they edoid. undecided
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by Mouthgag: 1:46pm On Jan 30, 2020
[s]
catoluy:

Afonja from Dahomey have low IQ said Lord Luggard.
[/s]
OSU from BIAFURO have low IQ said Lord Luggard.
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by daewoorazer(m): 2:01pm On Jan 30, 2020
eedimo:

Educate me pls
What's the sad news for European students?

Nothing to panic about actually...it’s just that the schengen visa is less powerful now, you’ll need a visa to enter UK. No more automatic entry for tourism/excursions/internships

1 Like

Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by okpalaAnambra: 3:24pm On Jan 30, 2020
Captainrambo2:
and you quickly laid claim to igbanke, just because I don't like muslims. Abeg face front. Those people have rejected you igbos they edoid. undecided
Lol...you're double faced ...igbanke is Biafra and there is nothing you can do a out that
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by Captainrambo2: 3:28pm On Jan 30, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

Lol...you're double faced ...igbanke is Biafra and there is nothing you can do a out that
what is wrong with you people. Igbanke is not igbo land.

Na by force? undecided
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by HacheNoire: 3:29pm On Jan 30, 2020
Realtalk20:

Let me.guess you failed IELTS?

Or you where denied visa ?

Dude stop being so bitter

Hey ya!

Sorry!
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by Thazard(m): 3:35pm On Jan 30, 2020
Freetech:
Waooh! I'm excited about this.

A new door of migration to UK about to open to Nigerian and other commonwealth States.

Get ready guys.
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by okpalaAnambra: 4:08pm On Jan 30, 2020
Captainrambo2:
what is wrong with you people. Igbanke is not igbo land.

Na by force? undecided
You're not from igbanke...the igbanke people said they are Igbo.
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by TheShopKeeper(m): 5:16pm On Jan 30, 2020
...Brexit has finally come:

UK MEPs lose seats
The UK's 73 MEPs will automatically lose their seats in the European Parliament.
That's because, at the moment of Brexit, the UK will leave all of the EU's political institutions and agencies.
However, in addition to the UK following EU rules during the transition period, the European Court of Justice will continue to have the final say over legal disputes.

No more summits
UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson will have to be specially invited if he wants to join other leaders at EU Council summits in the future.
British ministers will also no longer attend regular EU meetings that decide things such as fishing limits.

Trade Deals
The UK will be able to start talking to countries around the world about setting new rules for buying and selling goods and services.
There's also a lot to be discussed with the EU. Agreeing a UK-EU trade deal is a top priority, so extra charges on goods and other trade barriers aren't needed when the transition ends. If any trade deals are reached, they won't be able to start until the transition period ends.

UK Passport will change colour
Blue passports will be making a return, more than 30 years after they were replaced by the current burgundy design.

People will get shiny Brexit coins
About three million commemorative 50p Brexit coins bearing the date "31 January" and the inscription: "Peace, prosperity and friendship with all nations", will enter circulation on Friday.

Germany won't extradite it's citizens to the UK.
It won't be possible for some suspected criminals to be brought back to the UK if they flee to Germany.
Germany's constitution does not allow its citizens to be extradited, unless it's to another EU country.

Brexit Department will shut down
The team that handled the UK-EU negotiations and no-deal preparations will disband on Brexit day.

What will stay the same

Travel
Flights, boats and trains will operate as usual.
When it comes to passport control, during the transition period, UK nationals will still be allowed to queue in the areas reserved for EU arrivals only.

Driving Licenses and Pet Passports
As long as they are valid, these will continue to be accepted.

European Health Insurance Cards
These are the cards that provide UK nationals with state-provided medical treatment in case of illness or accident.
They can be used in any EU country (as well as Switzerland, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) and will continue to be valid during the transition period.

Living and working in the EU/UK
Freedom of movement will continue to apply during the transition, so UK nationals will still be able to live and work in the EU as they currently do.
The same applies for EU nationals wanting to live and work in the UK.

Pensions
UK nationals living in the EU will continue to receive their state pension and will also receive the annual increase.

Budget contributions
The UK will continue to pay into the EU budget during the transition. This means existing schemes, paid for by EU grants, will continue to be funded.

Trade
UK-EU trade will continue without any extra charges or checks being introduced.
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by Captainrambo2: 5:34pm On Jan 30, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

You're not from igbanke...the igbanke people said they are Igbo.
show me proof of this assertion .

Come to edo. I will drive you there. So you see for yourself. In fact you wont dare utter these things
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by awuf2008: 5:56pm On Jan 30, 2020
It would now be abide free for Nigerians and other commonwealth countries. More Africans will be employed.

1 Like

Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by WeRblessed(f): 7:42pm On Jan 30, 2020
BBBmall25:
What A Fine And Mature Way To Exit! Not All This Noise From Biafraunhs

Sometimes I think some people do not think before they talk. Biafrans are making noise because the Nigerian government does not grant them their right to leave Nigeria. If they are human right abiding government, Biafrans would have been living in their own countries by now. You and Nigeria don't want them, and at the same time do not want them to leave. Hence, you guys branded them terrorist for their quest to secede.

Do you see how a working countries operate. The Euro did not fight the UK because they want to leave. Why must Biafrans be forced to be in a country that has a different ideology from theirs?

You can call them chest beaters, cowards, and noise makers, but one thing remains Biafra is going to come either in your lifetime or after. It does not matter the level of negativity and hatred you and your tribal men/women throw at it, BIAFRA MUST SURELY COME!

1 Like

Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by showafrica(m): 8:29pm On Jan 30, 2020
helinues:
Hope Nigeria government are preparing for the aftermath of Brexit

They should prepare for Biafra exit
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by Kachi11061998(m): 8:35pm On Jan 30, 2020
Ustec:

Bloody illiterate,
How is European Union a country to you undecided

now u called me names wetin u gain?

I want u to undertand that referendum is not a call 4 war.
BIAFRAns want a referendum to hold bt nigeria govt knws that 95% of S/E AND S/S Are tired of 1 nigeria.

EVEN D S/W CANT STAY IN D SAME CON3 WITH NORTHERMES WEN BIAFRA COMES.

NIGERIA MUST DIVIDE

MARK MY WORD
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by Godsonjoe: 8:44pm On Jan 30, 2020
Britain leaving an organization of peace, but they choose us to live in killings, rapping, destruction of land and properties. As they are leaving, Biafra is leaving zoological republic of nizooeria... ISEE
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by Godsonjoe: 8:48pm On Jan 30, 2020
BBBmall25:
What A Fine And Mature Way To Exit! Not All This Noise From Biafraunhs
How many times did you hear police or joint Force killed protesters on the street of UK? How many times did you hear proscription of protesters or imprisoned them. This is were rule of law exit. Not zoological republic of nizooeria
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by temptnow: 9:06pm On Jan 30, 2020
femi4love:

Back to sender in Jesus mighty name. I’m sure you wouldn’t say that if you were British or any of your family was... grin
half of my family members are there, they're all useless, and I'm 1000 % sure it includes you. Anyone wey dey London dey fck up
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by jaxxy(m): 10:48pm On Jan 30, 2020
Their cup of tea. Hope it works for them.
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by naijacentric(m): 1:37am On Jan 31, 2020
temptnow:
I wish they enter ressesion as soon as possible. Britain has played politics with African countries for century. America and EU will show them pepper

Mind you, half of my family members are there but they're all useless
show pepper how dey all roll together na we be their mugu
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by naijacentric(m): 1:58am On Jan 31, 2020
Mouthgag:

Shut up
Foolish people always think they can make valid points.
Is it not the same so-called White people that named you black and called themselves white?
And your brain accepted it with no questions asked...
No skin colour can ever be white or black except
pale - brown etc
God bless u sir about the colour thing we have bee brainwashed i noticed it was in the 16th century the white nonsense started.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by naijacentric(m): 4:57am On Jan 31, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

Yeah I knew he quickly Googled copied and pasted that nonsense.

One white guy told me chimps are more possessive of their possessions than blacks.

I asked him why, he said because they don't know how to put value on things.

Eg labanese are trooping into Nigeria owning amusement parks in Lagos, hotels in eko Atlantic, even heard Russians are buying houses in Lagos, but when Nigerians go to Lebanon they're enslaved.

There's something wrong with the mind of the black man.

Not all but a lot.
colonization destroyed us bro even a german guy told me so its like majority dont want to break free
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by eghesman: 8:46am On Jan 31, 2020
Story... Before we know Na next year go be brexit
Re: Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 by Johnrisib: 2:06pm On Feb 08, 2021
Now I will talk about Dec. 31, 2020, the conversion period for the United Kingdom (U.K.) to withdraw from the European Union (EU) and the European Atomic Energy Community officially known as “Brexit,” was terminated. Now the European Union is a political and economic union consisting of 27 members of states that are located primarily in Europe. Read Continue: https://theangeltrust.com/brexit-effects-on-uk-and-ue-from-1-feb-2021/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Zelensky: West Playing “Ping-Pong” With Ukraine / Biden Says It’s Good That Trump Won't Attend The Inauguration / Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.