Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,168 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education (64982 Views)

2face Celebrates Burna Boy On Grammy Award / Angelique Kidjo Congratulates Burna Boy On Grammy Win (Photo) / Kanye West Urinates On Grammy, Declares 'Black Masters Matter' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by taiocol: 1:00pm On Jan 30, 2020
NagazGeneral:

Music lovers and genuine content critics like myself would have given up on the credibility and essence of the Grammy Awards if another undeserving artiste had won this.

Sentiments aside, Nigeria is yet to replicate another Fela Kuti in the global music sphere.

Fela is the only Nigerian deserving of a Grammy.

Because music is not about dancesteps or groupie trends but about a movement, a message, reawakening a consciousness and yet the melody from real musical instruments.

This is a reality lost on today's Nigerian artistes aside from Asá who still lacks in consistency.

As an African act, till your music can be accepted by Pastors, Imams, Youths, elders, global leaders, United Nations and illiterates, then you stand a chance of being an African Album or winning a foreign award in Music.

Nigeria and Nigerians must understand that club bangers do not translate to foreign awards in global music
am sure you dont listen to brymo. that guy is better than Fela kuti take it to the banks
Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by IamPatriotic(m): 1:05pm On Jan 30, 2020
Caseless:
for those who don't read, this kind of post is expected.

I read every bit of the report. The initial heading west "Burnaboy lost the Grammy Award because he's not educated"
An oversabi Mod modified the heading only after I had posted my comment.
Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by Thazard(m): 1:08pm On Jan 30, 2020
Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by IamPatriotic(m): 1:09pm On Jan 30, 2020
isthatso:

you are the one showing a lack of education. what she said is the recording academy who award grammys are not educated enough on Afrobeat

You're foolish!

I commented after I read the report and realized that the heading was not in consonance with the context.
An oversabi Mod modified the heading only after I had posted my comment.
Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by akdjr(m): 1:14pm On Jan 30, 2020
Very apt. Afrobeat is a category on its own but because of inferiority, whenever our afrobeat musical act are nominated for an award that is contrary to their genre they become exited without deep thought. Fela Anikulapo would never in his entire life take such shit. I am sure of that.
Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by ofiko123(m): 1:25pm On Jan 30, 2020
Burna boy lost because he didn't deserve to win..
Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by Kinane121(m): 1:50pm On Jan 30, 2020
Sowi At Burnaboy , Eudcare matters oooh, me i must finish mine ooh.
Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by black9: 1:51pm On Jan 30, 2020
IamPatriotic:
Hmmmmm, where did she say Burnaboy is not educated? Aye vanguard ti baje!

Lol. In the meantime checkout this new international act

https://www.nairaland.com/5659966/nic-hanson-collabos-nigerias-simmer
Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by Bahddo(m): 1:58pm On Jan 30, 2020
I hate how this report makes it seem Naomi implied that the uneducated one is Burna. She meant that the organizers were not educated enough to realize that Afrobeats is a genre of its own and ignorantly put it under World music.

Bloggers and other news media need to step up in this Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by Skidee: 1:58pm On Jan 30, 2020
Naomi made a really valid point.

1 Like

Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by bizhop01: 2:21pm On Jan 30, 2020
Even prostitute also have say in grammy award
Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by foreshore(m): 2:23pm On Jan 30, 2020
Samakus:
Naomi Campbell has written an open letter to the organizers of Grammy Awards after Burna Boy’s loss to Angelique Kidjo at the 2020 edition of the awards.

The American supermodel praised Angelique for spreading light and opening minds through her music, stated that Burna Boy has not been given the accolades he truly deserves due to lack of education.

She, however, averred that the categorization of afrobeat in the ‘World Music’ category of the 2020 Grammys, diminished an entire genre in which such a high standard of talent has emerged. Naomi queried the recording academy on the voting pattern of the category, urged them to use the next 363 days to reassess and reflect on their perspective of ‘World Music.’

She wrote;

“First, I want to say deepest congratulations to @angeliquekidjo for her award on Sunday and thank you to you for spreading light and opening minds through your music… And to our AFRICAN GIANT, @burnaboygram… it is only due to lack of education that you have not been honored with the accolades you so truly deserve. You are always a winner in our hearts. ALWAYS. •

And to The @RecordingAcademy, There is something that brings joy, strength, and happiness to myself, and to so many people that hear it, and it is called Afrobeats. Afrobeats is a musical genre played on mainstream and primetime radio not only across the continent of Africa but across the world… •

Recently, the genre was categorized into your ‘World Music’ category at the 2020 Grammys. This misrepresentation diminishes an entire genre in which such a high standard of talent has emerged; a genre that has been a force of hope and positivity for many, and a vehicle for artistry on the continent of Africa. •

Please take the next 363 days to reassess and reflect on your perspective of ‘World Music.’ Did the world get to vote for this award, or was it only the people in the United States a part of The Recording Academy? What will this neglectful categorization of music mean to individual cultures? Cultures who contribute their blood, sweat and tears, and every level of their creativity and work ethic into making music for YOU and for all of us. •

Please get up to speed on the state of all popular music today, and include Afrobeats Artist of the Year, Song of the Year, Album of the Year and all the subcategories that this genre so deserves – just as any other respected and recognized musical genre".

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/01/just-in-naomi-campbell-writes-grammy-organisers-over-burna-boy/amp/

Na so, he wanted to sell spare parts at Ladipo market before venturing into music.
Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by sirtuler(m): 2:23pm On Jan 30, 2020
NagazGeneral:

Music lovers and genuine content critics like myself would have given up on the credibility and essence of the Grammy Awards if another undeserving artiste had won this.

Sentiments aside, Nigeria is yet to replicate another Fela Kuti in the global music sphere.

Because music is not about dancesteps or groupie trends but about a movement, a message, reawakening a consciousness and yet the melody from real musical instruments.

This is a reality lost on today's Nigerian artistes aside from Asá who still lacks in consistency.

As an African act, till your music can be accepted by Pastors, Imams, Youths, elders, global leaders, United Nations and illiterates, then you stand a chance of being an African Album or winning a foreign award in Music.

Nigeria and Nigerians must understand that club bangers do not translate to foreign awards in global music

oga stop this trash, maybe you will go and wake Fela up in the grave then. You don't even know what you're saying pastor koo ,babalawoo niii
Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by sirtuler(m): 2:28pm On Jan 30, 2020
blowjohn:

Club bangers don't win awards so where do u put Michael jackson or lady gaga or even the notorious Drake that has been winning awards only with club bangers?
My friend go and sit down and think about the Corona virus.

have also reply the guy is been saying trash all this while. Pastor , Babalawo.. most listen to your music before you win an award.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by germaphobe(m): 3:17pm On Jan 30, 2020
Must you copy another mans words and claim its urs without giving them d respect of saying it’s copied or better Quote their names too. Spits
NagazGeneral:

Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by mariodko190(m): 3:26pm On Jan 30, 2020
grin
Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by mariodko190(m): 3:29pm On Jan 30, 2020
grin
Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by Legendguru: 3:29pm On Jan 30, 2020
How many US rappers are educated the thing with Naija music remains the same it lacks contents. Same sound everywhere and most illiterates put them on rotation.
Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by mariodko190(m): 3:30pm On Jan 30, 2020
sugacoatedmouth:
Eeeeh dem go tell dem go school them no go hear word

Burna boy you see your Life assuming you no drop out from college now
you for win the Grammy award

you cum dey allow some people they call you Illiterate because you no
go School Win Grammy award

Abeg try go back to school so Next year you go fit collect the award
. One fool spotted grin
Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by seunfape(m): 3:36pm On Jan 30, 2020
largehead:
But Burna boy go school?
same question from here ,he is an illiterate singer Na
Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by seangy4konji: 3:49pm On Jan 30, 2020
she made a lot of sense...

Afrobeat should have its own category like rap,hip hop,rock and soul....

Best Afrobeat artist should be in the category,Best Afro beat album and not just categorize it as world..

Afro beat is a GENRE on its own...

African Giant...

You spoke well me lady.
Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by Munix(m): 3:52pm On Jan 30, 2020
#Fact
Very true

Nigeria and Nigerians must understand that club bangers do not translate to foreign awards in global music[/quote]
Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by Thazard(m): 3:57pm On Jan 30, 2020
Uyi168:
Pls if u didn't read the full gist , don't comment to avoid disgracing your generation ...
Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by Oritsewhandey(m): 3:58pm On Jan 30, 2020
IamPatriotic:
Hmmmmm, where did she say Burnaboy is not educated? Aye vanguard ti baje!
Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by Clementz0(m): 4:20pm On Jan 30, 2020
NagazGeneral:

Nigeria and Nigerians must understand that club bangers odo not translate to foreign awards in global music
oga go and sit down the 18year old that won a lot of awards how many impact as her music brought to America
Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by Clementz0(m): 4:22pm On Jan 30, 2020
Legendguru:
How many US rappers are educated the thing with Naija music remains the same it lacks contents. Same sound everywhere and most illiterates put them on rotation.

have u ever produced any music and you there uttering nonsense
Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by ruffDiamond: 4:40pm On Jan 30, 2020
until those useless Grammy award organizer give Fela Kuti a deserved posthumous Grammy,I won't ever take that racist award serious anymore,why, Fela was the original creator of the afrobeat sef!from koola Lobito to Egypt 80 band and finally to Afrobeat! hit after hit ! spreading across the world, cutting across tribes and tongue and languages,all these amidst relentless oppression and tribulations from the power that be .. Fela was the truest and realest Nigerian Dead!he called everyone 'my brother' and Africans 'my people'...kidjo spreading light?I laugh,, they just award to kids so the moronic awardee no see am!na one illiterate gas burner dem they talk. about,, nothing original about his songs,even subtly lifting Fela songs just like wizzy and his olosho tiwa (99-49 ish)mtchewww
Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by 44kings: 5:17pm On Jan 30, 2020
I JUS DEY LOOK THIS BLOGGER

Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by Awoo88: 5:42pm On Jan 30, 2020
Don't worry Campbell. Next year, burnaboy will release one wack music and will win. That is the irony of the world.
Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by JaceBlaze: 7:36pm On Jan 30, 2020
NagazGeneral:

1 Like

Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by JaceBlaze: 7:45pm On Jan 30, 2020
I guess Americans are not ready to taint the sanctity of the Grammys by giving some untalented noise maker such a prestigious trophy.Burna Boy stans just gotta let it go and learn to be strong

1 Like

Re: Naomi Campbell On Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Lost Due To Lack Of Education by Prolificdeman: 9:15pm On Jan 30, 2020
NagazGeneral:

Mindblowing revelation therein!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stunning Pictures Of Rihanna And Her Newborn Baby / Caroline Danjuma's Butt: Before & After - Amazing Transformation (photos) / Naira Marley Signs Zinoleesky, Mohbad, Cblack And Fabian to Marlian Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.