Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,175 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

A Place In Africa Where They Don't Take Their Bath, But Still Look Beautiful - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Place In Africa Where They Don't Take Their Bath, But Still Look Beautiful (1238 Views)

Some biological males need to have their penis amputated, they don't deserve it / The Real Reason Why The Himba People In Nimibia Don't Take Baths. / Why Do Black Americans Feel Bad They Don't Have Culture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Place In Africa Where They Don't Take Their Bath, But Still Look Beautiful by cuiz: 4:55pm On Jan 30, 2020
Africa is still considered a third world, and although most of its cities are joining the global village, some are still holding back. Today, we take you to the Southern part of Africa — Namibia, precisely.

One example is Himba people. They live in the Kunene region of Namibia. These people have cultures that members of the first world might frown upon. They live in isolation, away from external contacts. They sleep with their guests for free, and they lace their children's neck with heavy beads. Polygamy is also highly encouraged. These people mostly worship their old gods.

One of the most astonishing things about them is that they don't take their baths. But this is largely due to the harsh climatic condition in their desert region and the unavailability of water. Black is beautiful, right? The women are beautiful regardless. They maintain personal hygiene by applying red ochre on their skins and smoking themselves. They do this by dropping a charcoal in a bowl filled with herbs, they bend over it and the heat causes them to sweat thereby washing their body.Even though they don't want people to interfere with their culture, they are friendly to visitors.

By Sportshistorian

Read more on http://irukkanews.com/index.php/2020/01/30/a-place-in-africa-where-they-dont-take-their-bath/

Re: A Place In Africa Where They Don't Take Their Bath, But Still Look Beautiful by babadem2much(m): 4:59pm On Jan 30, 2020
I go carry tanker of water go there or better still rig borehole for them and marry 4 and never plan to have 27 children like one honourable grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Place In Africa Where They Don't Take Their Bath, But Still Look Beautiful by waxyung(m): 8:22pm On Jan 30, 2020
After reading this and I think of their women's down below

3 Likes

Re: A Place In Africa Where They Don't Take Their Bath, But Still Look Beautiful by Ybutterfly: 5:57am On Feb 03, 2020
waxyung:
After reading this and I think of their women's down below

grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy LOLOLOlolol

1 Like

Re: A Place In Africa Where They Don't Take Their Bath, But Still Look Beautiful by Mastakija(m): 10:12am On Feb 03, 2020
But their hair is very disgusting
She fine small sha
Re: A Place In Africa Where They Don't Take Their Bath, But Still Look Beautiful by stubbornman(m): 5:22pm On Feb 03, 2020
The down below mehnnn.... the down below undecided undecided undecided undecided

My condolence goes to the down below cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: A Place In Africa Where They Don't Take Their Bath, But Still Look Beautiful by baby124: 4:39am On Feb 04, 2020
They are very beautiful

1 Like

Re: A Place In Africa Where They Don't Take Their Bath, But Still Look Beautiful by duruZed(m): 5:33pm On Feb 05, 2020
hope they take care of their private(s) properly to avoid had I known.

(1) (Reply)

Guys,why Do Boys Wear Beads Like These Nowadays? / Nigerian American Trying To Learn Her Language / Igbo Native Speakers - Please Help Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.