Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,410 members, 7,954,626 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:39 AM

The E. A. Adeboye Tweet By Deji Yesufu - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The E. A. Adeboye Tweet By Deji Yesufu (902 Views)

Pastor E.A Adeboye's Prophecies For 2018 / Drawing Of Pastor E. A. Adeboye By A Nairalander / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The E. A. Adeboye Tweet By Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 6:19pm On Jan 30, 2020
The E. A. Adeboye Tweet

By: Deji Yesufu

At first I regarded the whole matter around E. A. Adeboye's tweet of advising his “son” to fire a lady, all because the gentleman found her attractive… I found the whole thing a storm in a tea cup.

I am not an Adeboye fan and this situation could have afforded me another opportunity for attacking the pastor. But I am gradually loosing appetite for that venture these days. Besides, I was almost sure that the supposed Twitter handle was a cloned one (these pastors are too antediluvian to engage social media, I thought). I was wrong; even Punch reported it on their online medium. It is true: Adeboye typed those words.

So my interest in this matter was kindled when, in a discussion today, somebody pointed out that it was very wrong for Baba to advise the sacking of a lady for the mere fact that his son in the faith couldn’t bridle his lust. Is it a crime to be attractive now? Will Adeboye advise the sacking of his own daughter if she was in the shoes of that lady? The conjectures are endless and I have no intention to add to them. I would be looking at the issue from another perspective.

Note that attraction between sexes in work place environment is NORMAL. One would think that Adeboye, with his experience, would know that the number one calling of Christian men is knowing how to handle their bodies in holiness and sanctification (1 Thessalonians 4:4-5).

Of course one would not be surprised that Adeboye would counsel the pulling out of the eye that sins – as long it is not his eyes or those of his sons involved. Jesus taught that it is the sinner that should sever his arms or eyes in cases of temptation, not the other way round. Christian men would not sack their secretaries; they should rather deal with their flesh. If Adeboye will fail in a mere ABC of sanctification, I suspect he is failing in many other areas too.

A little over a week ago, I got into a social medium debate on this dicey matter of side chics. I counselled that our ladies could do better in keeping their husbands from the strange woman. I said little about the role of the man because that post was intended to counsel women.

I am not sure I have found greater opposition to a position I’d ever taken on social media before, as I found with that thread. I pulled down the thread. It appears that in this matter of infidelity in marriages, women have borne the greater burden. And Adeboye is not lightening those burdens for them. He is now advising their sacking.

Christian men are expected to be Christian first of all in all that they do. Our Christianity will be tested at home and even much more in the office. The strange woman will appear and we must say no to such vain lusts. If the Christian man fails in this basic pursuit of sanctification, we has every reason to doubt the genuineness of his salvation.

Which brings me to my grouse with E. A. Adeboye. It is not his pedestrian counsel of sacking a lady for his son's sins that I have issues with. It is neither his false humility and make-belief simplicity. My grouse with Adeboye is that this man doesn’t preach a Christian gospel and his sons are not born again. Nay, I have every reason to doubt Adeboye’s own conversion itself. Thus when a man is devoid of true Spirit wisdom, he would have no qualms recommending light medicines for serious ailments.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/1505609702848568/posts/2616029838473210/

2 Likes

Re: The E. A. Adeboye Tweet By Deji Yesufu by triplechoice(m): 6:32pm On Jan 30, 2020
My thoughts exactly!

Killing a fly with a sledgehammer.No wisdom in that
Re: The E. A. Adeboye Tweet By Deji Yesufu by Tonykanue(m): 12:01pm On Feb 02, 2020
Pastor Adeboye’s tweet and the need for a change on our pulpits. In a way, l am glad that Pastor Adeboye’s tweet happened.

For as long as l can remember, women have been made to take the fall for a man’s actions and inactions. Women have been blamed for a man’s inappropriate behaviour around a woman.

Unfortunately, the sermons from our pulpits, haven’t done much to change that.

FOR DETAILS CLICK THE LINK BELOW

https://thenews-chronicle.com/adeboyes-tweet-change-on-our-pulpits/

1 Share

Re: The E. A. Adeboye Tweet By Deji Yesufu by Bluezy13(m): 12:37pm On Feb 02, 2020
I agree with you based on the Bible passage you mentioned in relation to the topic.
But down the issue of doubting Adeboye's salvation, I feel it is a digress, sentimental and fallacious.
Re: The E. A. Adeboye Tweet By Deji Yesufu by Acehart: 10:44am On Mar 16, 2020
Bluezy13:
I agree with you based on the Bible passage you mentioned in relation to the topic.
But down the issue of doubting Adeboye's salvation, I feel it is a digress, sentimental and fallacious.

...but a man is titled to his own opinion. He stated two things or rather three that made him tilt to his opinion: a failure to apply correctly Jesus’ teaching concerning sinners (and not the children) - cutting the part of body that causes you to sin; failure to understand the ABC of sanctification (as well as justification). Eli was a humble looking priest with two sons of the wolf-kind; yet he had many admirers but the Bible speaks of only two men in all of Israel that didn’t fancy him: yet they were entitled to their unpopular opinion of humble Eli. The scriptures says what comes out of a man defiles him and by that we should judge what kind such a person is; and not by sentiments. If the writer judged the humble GO of RCCG by what came of of his mouth, did he judge unrighteously?
Re: The E. A. Adeboye Tweet By Deji Yesufu by Bluezy13(m): 7:13am On Mar 17, 2020
Acehart:

...but a man is titled to his own opinion. He stated two things or rather three that made him tilt to his opinion: a failure to apply correctly Jesus’ teaching concerning sinners (and not the children) - cutting the part of body that causes you to sin; failure to understand the ABC of sanctification (as well as justification). Eli was a humble looking priest with two sons of the wolf-kind; yet he had many admirers but the Bible speaks of only two men in all of Israel that didn’t fancy him: yet they were entitled to their unpopular opinion of humble Eli. The scriptures says what comes out of a man defiles him and by that we should judge what kind such a person is; and not by sentiments. If the writer judged the humble GO of RCCG by what came of of his mouth, did he judge unrighteously?

If righteousness comes by judging people on their utterances, then no man is worthy of Christianity.
This is because every Christian is a victim.
In Christianity, salvation is of the mind, between the believer and his God and when he...after claiming to be saved...finds himself in unholy utterances, it is common for non-believers to question his salvation but fellow believers should know better that he is still capable of such sin as human. They should understand better.
So as a Christian, he is not supposed to question Adeboye's salvation
Re: The E. A. Adeboye Tweet By Deji Yesufu by MuttleyLaff: 5:05pm On Mar 17, 2020
VBCampaign:
The E. A. Adeboye Tweet

By: Deji Yesufu

At first I regarded the whole matter around E. A. Adeboye's tweet of advising his “son” to fire a lady, all because the gentleman found her attractive… I found the whole thing a storm in a tea cup.

I am not an Adeboye fan and this situation could have afforded me another opportunity for attacking the pastor. But I am gradually loosing appetite for that venture these days. Besides, I was almost sure that the supposed Twitter handle was a cloned one (these pastors are too antediluvian to engage social media, I thought). I was wrong; even Punch reported it on their online medium. It is true: Adeboye typed those words.

So my interest in this matter was kindled when, in a discussion today, somebody pointed out that it was very wrong for Baba to advise the sacking of a lady for the mere fact that his son in the faith couldn’t bridle his lust. Is it a crime to be attractive now? Will Adeboye advise the sacking of his own daughter if she was in the shoes of that lady? The conjectures are endless and I have no intention to add to them. I would be looking at the issue from another perspective.

Note that attraction between sexes in work place environment is NORMAL. One would think that Adeboye, with his experience, would know that the number one calling of Christian men is knowing how to handle their bodies in holiness and sanctification (1 Thessalonians 4:4-5).

Of course one would not be surprised that Adeboye would counsel the pulling out of the eye that sins – as long it is not his eyes or those of his sons involved. Jesus taught that it is the sinner that should sever his arms or eyes in cases of temptation, not the other way round. Christian men would not sack their secretaries; they should rather deal with their flesh. If Adeboye will fail in a mere ABC of sanctification, I suspect he is failing in many other areas too.

A little over a week ago, I got into a social medium debate on this dicey matter of side chics. I counselled that our ladies could do better in keeping their husbands from the strange woman. I said little about the role of the man because that post was intended to counsel women.

I am not sure I have found greater opposition to a position I’d ever taken on social media before, as I found with that thread. I pulled down the thread. It appears that in this matter of infidelity in marriages, women have borne the greater burden. And Adeboye is not lightening those burdens for them. He is now advising their sacking.

Christian men are expected to be Christian first of all in all that they do. Our Christianity will be tested at home and even much more in the office. The strange woman will appear and we must say no to such vain lusts. If the Christian man fails in this basic pursuit of sanctification, we has every reason to doubt the genuineness of his salvation.

Which brings me to my grouse with E. A. Adeboye. It is not his pedestrian counsel of sacking a lady for his son's sins that I have issues with. It is neither his false humility and make-belief simplicity. My grouse with Adeboye is that this man doesn’t preach a Christian gospel and his sons are not born again. Nay, I have every reason to doubt Adeboye’s own conversion itself. Thus when a man is devoid of true Spirit wisdom, he would have no qualms recommending light medicines for serious ailments.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/1505609702848568/posts/2616029838473210/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10969349_fbimg1580398571984_jpeg33cae1eaa5754752bead22caeee99855
[img]https://s5/images/200w0a3838161c4c474a.gif[/img]

VBCampaign, Hi mate, long time, no interesting until now again read, lol.

VBCampaign, I'll leave Baba Adeboye alone, if I were you, lol. This all said for very good personal reasons and "ol' guards" typical idiosyncrasies I can relate with, lol. Maybe I can relate because its close to home, lol.

You know yourself that for a very long time I never was interested in home enough to be visiting, then out of the blues, I got bitten by the bug, then suddenly got revived to be visiting home, this quickly increased to even at time 2-3 times in year, albeit all this resurrected visit(s) palaver thing have stopped a little bit over five years now, as I have again switched off home visits. Anyway VBCampaign, what brought all this on, is that I grew up with my ol man ringing church bell, every morning and at night time before retiring to bed, to summon us, all the nuclear family, lol, hmm, roughly say 6-10 of us, of course cousins, other relatives, househelps, driver whatnot included in this 6-10 for the morning family devotion, praise & worship, then lengthy prayers, lol. OK, let me fast forward, lol, everyone has flown the nest. Here I am, in one of my resurrected and/or revamped visits. Just I alone came to visit popsie and momsie, only three of us in the big house. It was night time and time for prayer, we all threewere already in the living room, nobody else is expected, then what did I see and hear my ol' man do. He was ringing the bell, lol. I was gobsmacked, I said inwardly to myself, what!, what is Dad doing? Who is he ringing the bell to call? So he after all these years still rings this bell, I further thought inside, lol. Na wa oo, I quietly conceded.

VBCampaign, lol, the point I am making, is that some of our elders are sincerely and truly set in their ways. They dont really mean or intend any harm. My ol' man is a very rationale and listening man, he would have heard me out and even as he usually does, chuckle after seeing what I had to say, probably because he's considered it and could see some light in it, but on that night, I didnt have the will to ask him, whats the rationale behind ringing the bell, especially when and/or after everyone was already seated in the living room, lol.

Let Baba Adeboye be, in this particular regard let him be jor, that's how they know to do. Its true the road to hell is paved and/or lined up with good intentions, lol. Well more the reason its up to us, to make amends, to have ourselves born again, lol, to have put right whatever wrongs we were born into, lol. "Ki atu ara wa bi"

I understand Baba Adeboye's various little and big idiosyncrasies, lol, this one isnt anything to really that much fret about, but when it comes to obtaining a pecuniary advantage by deception etcetera, lol, then you have something in your hands to table, flesh and talk about, lol. When it comes to about the prospering on the back of the sweat, tears, blood and guts of sheeple, dangling a carrot, tied to a stick, and stretched out in from of them, then you have a bonafide licence to print, lol
Re: The E. A. Adeboye Tweet By Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 6:49pm On Mar 17, 2020
Thanks Muttlelaff. I enjoyed reading that

(1) (Reply)

Girl Celebrates Leaving Islam With Lovely Picture / Christians, The Nigerian Government And The 12am-4am Curfew / Tb Joshua - Scoan Leadership Tussle And Evangelist Eviction: Matters Arising

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.