Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,598 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Tb Joshua - Scoan Leadership Tussle And Evangelist Eviction: Matters Arising - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tb Joshua - Scoan Leadership Tussle And Evangelist Eviction: Matters Arising (851 Views)

TB Joshua: SCOAN Worshippers Celebrate Founder’s First Memorial, Legacies. / TB Joshua’s SCOAN Must Face Trial – Court Rules / George Weah Visits TB Joshua's SCOAN (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tb Joshua - Scoan Leadership Tussle And Evangelist Eviction: Matters Arising by tbjfansuk: 3:14pm On Sep 11, 2021
Article Source
https://tbjfansuk./2021/09/11/scoan-leadership-tussle-and-evangelist-eviction-matters-arising/
I was appalled to watch a video sent to me on WhatsApp last night showing several Evangelists of the late Prophet TB Joshua being forcibly “evicted” from The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations (SCOAN) to the humiliating jeers and taunts of gawkish onlookers.

The unprintable invectives hurled at them as they carried their belongings out included direct accusations of theft. A news article from The Daily Post claimed a ‘family source’ revealed their main transgression was “disrespecting” the wife of the cleric, Mrs Evelyn Joshua, during her husband’s earthly journey.

To provide context, this event was preceded by the news that the Lagos Judicial Division of the Federal High Court in Ikoyi, Lagos State had approved the appointment of Mrs Evelyn Joshua as a Trustee of The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations, affirming her as the de-facto leader of the world acclaimed ministry.

Now, let me quickly clarify that I am not a direct member of The SCOAN but an ardent viewer of Emmanuel TV who has been greatly impacted by the life and ministry of Prophet TB Joshua. God used him to heal me of hypertensive heart disease during a memorable visit to The SCOAN from Enugu State in 2015 and his remarkable teachings have brought peace to my once- fractured marriage and wholesome reality to my Christian journey.

I lay no claim of direct knowledge of the internal workings of The SCOAN or the wrangling that has clearly taken place in the aftermath of Prophet TB Joshua’s unfortunate demise. One thing I can attest to as an avoid onlooker of SCOAN’s unique model of ministry is that Prophet TB Joshua’s Evangelists are absolutely instrumental in the running of church affairs and fiercely loyal to him.

Anytime I visited the church, I would marvel to see these young men and women – many of whom I sadly saw enduring public humiliation and verbal abuse in that repulsive video – working tirelessly to attend to the needs of the thousands of us who converged at the Arena of Liberty for spiritual succour and renewal.

Rather than attempting to delve into the shadowy area of personal issues which may have arisen between Mrs Joshua and his Evangelists – which I am most certainly ignorant of – let me explain the reason for my shock at the aforementioned video. Prophet TB Joshua is known worldwide as a man of love with a message of love. His Christ-like reaction to even his most ardent critics and accusers is now written in folk-lore. But the crude actions on display in that clip – irrespective of the claimed transgression – were the exact opposite of everything he stood for during his earthly ministry.

How can Mrs Joshua stand with a clear conscience to justify such actions on those who laboured for decades in her husband’s ministry – from its humble beginnings to current worldwide acclaim? Since she has assumed the role of leadership – by the injunction of a human court – what message do such actions give to the watching world about the manner in which The SCOAN will be led under her watch? Does Mrs Joshua not realise that such actions are indirectly an assault on her husband’s spiritual prowess and ministry management? If Prophet Joshua’s Evangelists are irresponsible thieves and disrespectful looters, why did he work with them for so long and entrust them with such sensitive responsibilities in the church?

Some would certainly point to the case of Judas Iscariot in the Scriptures as an attestation that if one of the disciples of our LORD Jesus Christ could betray our Saviour, how much more so the disciples of one of His servants? But I would argue that Judas was an individual – one among twelve who fell victim to the tempting tactics of money and thus betrayed his conscience. But I am led to understand that almost the entirety of the Nigerian Evangelists at The SCOAN have been sent away in such manner. Do you mean that every single one of them went from devoted worker in Christ’s vineyard to a power-hungry money-monger in a matter of months?

No human is perfect and all relationships are fraught with managing the idiosyncrasies of human behaviour. If Mrs Joshua truly had issues with her husband’s disciples over their alleged disrespect, her husband’s message and ministry of reconciliation has provided the perfect role-model for amicable settling of issues amid refusal to harbour offence. Offence, as I learned from TB Joshua’s breath-taking teaching on the subject, is the devil’s speciality.

As we read in Scriptures, satan himself is the author of lies, deception and confusion – and is certainly on the prowl for every available opportunity to attack this ministry that has been at the forefront of exposing and disgracing his kingdom for over three decades. I am praying fervently for The SCOAN that no individual involved – either from Prophet TB Joshua’s biological family or his Evangelists and followers worldwide – will allow satan to use human differences and petty materialism to tarnish the legacy of God’s faithful servant.

From my humble perspective, this seems more like a case of attempted vengeance than attempted justice. I say ‘attempted’ because vengeance belongs to God alone. May HE have mercy on us…

Dr. Arinze K Kalu
Re: Tb Joshua - Scoan Leadership Tussle And Evangelist Eviction: Matters Arising by RiyadhGoddess(f): 7:53am On Sep 12, 2021
Till date, I don't believe in the word 'Female Pastors', I will rather call them Church Mummies!
This news isn't surprising. This is what happens when the 'Daddy GO' dies. The woman immediately changes cabinet and that is usually the down fall of such churches. Check the history of churches whose founder (husbands) died and their wives took over, check what's left of them. It's usually not always the same ever. Another Bethel loading...

This is why I do say this with my full chest that 98% of these Female Pastors are ONLY Pastors because their husbands or the man they are crushing on are Pastors. They are Pastors because of the need to support their husbands ministry. Some of them even became born again, active in the church so as to win the Pastor into marriage which earned them an automatic 'Pastor Mrs'. When their husband dies, you will see the true color of Mummy GO / Pastor Wife. Mummy loves me, mummy supports my ministry, die first we go confirm am.

Many workers and pastors who have toiled and labor in the church will be thrown into 'Oh God' and 'it is well' and mummy's excuse will be, he or she never liked & respected me when my husband was alive, they are stealing church money bla bla bla.

Woman no dey born again finish ooo Fear Woman!
Re: Tb Joshua - Scoan Leadership Tussle And Evangelist Eviction: Matters Arising by BeboNGN: 8:16am On Sep 12, 2021
I didn't believe it, until I watched the video. I am shocked!
Re: Tb Joshua - Scoan Leadership Tussle And Evangelist Eviction: Matters Arising by MzBertty(f): 11:37am On Sep 12, 2021
She definitely will lose members without the evangelist...there is nothing bad in them working together I guess she wants them to know she is the boss there
Re: Tb Joshua - Scoan Leadership Tussle And Evangelist Eviction: Matters Arising by Iamicekid(m): 12:58pm On Sep 12, 2021
I no dey put mouth for church matter, but if those people are really stealing church money, they need to be investigated and if found guilty should face the consequences, as long as they are been paid salaries... cause with the video on instablog

(1) (Reply)

Which One Comes First, When Choosing A Life Partner; Prayer Or Friendship. / This Is The Remains Of Deborah Who Was Killed And Burnt By Muslims In Sokoto / Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.