Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure (26496 Views)

Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops / President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure / Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by bptc10: 12:42pm On Jan 31, 2020
You also forget to tell them that Ghana debt is almost 70% of their GDP, you will see some idiot coming online talking nonsense
coachwilcox:
Next thing I'm waiting for. Minister of education to declare all those foreign West African university degrees as non accredited and see Ghana lose even more billions as Nigerian students withdraw and return home en masse. Then Ghanaian minister of education will come to Aso rock to beg as well as they lose more billions.

Also, mandate all Nigerian banks with operations in Ghana to withdraw their business and return home. Almost all the Ghanaian owned banks have collapsed and their economy is being sustained by the Nigerian banks and Nigerian shareholders funds.

We're tired of subsidising west Africa.
To the mumus shouting Ghanaian economy is doing well, I laugh in waakye.

Dollar is 5.8 now and Bawumia can't do anything about the cedi free fall. Almost all Ghanaian owned banks have collapsed save for GCB. MTN is funding terrorism. Lebanese hold your economy by the balls. Land guards are killing policemen in Kasoa. Free foreign aid from fake HIPIC has dried up. Where is the one district one factory? Menzgold is duping Ghanaians. Etc. I can't even go on because I witnessed and lived in the useless country for a while. An "advanced" country in 2020 that does not have street name and house number. OMG.
Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by Zooposki(f): 1:05pm On Jan 31, 2020
coachwilcox:
Next thing I'm waiting for. Minister of education to declare all those foreign West African university degrees as non accredited and see Ghana lose even more billions as Nigerian students withdraw and return home en masse. Then Ghanaian minister of education will come to Aso rock to beg as well as they lose more billions.

We should petition the presidency so we can see this scenario come to pass. The insults are too many. Send them all the pages of insults we have received from Ghanaian citizens all across the web.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by edoairways: 1:41pm On Jan 31, 2020
Rosskiye:

This one is talking while his president is begging.

grin grin
Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by MrDarmmhe(m): 2:38pm On Jan 31, 2020
So, because u wanna sell and buy, Nigerias should contract that infectious virus(coronavirus) abi ??
Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by Olisehinnocent: 2:57pm On Jan 31, 2020
Your people is dying in hunger and you are here talking trash grin grin grin
crash12345:
how does one single spare parts car trader who buys from a Nigerian trader talk for the whole country of 30 million people. Did you hear him that he's already a poor trader who can't go to China whilst others go to China for their goods to sell.Nigerians don't manufacture the spare parts so they too go to China to buy them and then resell them to those who can't go so it's a win win situation that's why it's called a trade buh the only difference is the Nigerian businesses are also losing customers and money buh since they're ruled by a fulani illiterate dictator and has useless blinded supporters like you here,they have no right to protest.

Now did you hear the GUTA organizer say they have sourced different buyers and sellers from other places now so they don't sit down doing nothing. Spare parts business does not make up even 2% of businesses in Ghana and majority of them import their products through Ghanaian ports which operates far better than all Nigerian ports buh our government has been charging them more taxes because he's trying to clamp down that business category and promote buying of new cars so they few ones that can't afford the high tariff goes to Togo and Nigeria to get their goods to sell.And most Nigerian traders in Ghana are also affected.

Ghana doesn't even talk about Nigeria border because we don't care and we're the fastest growing economy in Africa this year projected by the IMF.Go and cry for the over 1,000 Nigerian shops under lock and key in Ghana since last year.Do you have light in your kiosk.

Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by Olisehinnocent: 2:59pm On Jan 31, 2020
Who will rescue Ghanaians ooooo grin grin grin Amotekun cause am!!! grin cheesy
Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by Iyango: 4:33pm On Jan 31, 2020
femixville:

you may be right.. but, you should study Nigeria as a nation well, before rounding up your views..
Nigeria is corrupt, terrorism everywhere, for correction, only a state and a lil portion of the state called Boron almost big in size as Ghana

every nation is having their own problem, especially a nation that has potential must face the most difficult challenges
people don't just create problem , it is created for benefits not in a small economy, but a big one like US, UK, they have threats, chaos, political issues, cos they're the force of the world. Nigeria is moving towards that realm even so fast and for her to gain stability, modern problems must face them, and how strong she will be matters nd I believe she's strong enough.

Ghana cn only boast of their country, you have your problems too, but not compared to the real giant., she stands tall, swallows all challenges, embraced all problems, but yet succeeding maybe crawling.. but, the crawling Nigeria is far better than the best Ghana.

Nigeria can only compete with South Africa, not Ghana, yet south Africa still envy this nation Nigeria to the extent of making Nigeria her business hub and centre of wealth making..

Ghana will always be a brother, I mean the junior one, if your history hasn't been altered, go back and read Nigerias impact in your economy how Nigeria helped strengthen you. Your political elites knows that, that's why they dare not speak against a mother nation..

we lack good things compared to Ghana that is a combination of two states in Nigeria in size per square kilometer, we are big, bigger, and will be better.. if your leaders can't make a small Ghana better, then the nation is a failing state..

I respect every nation, they have their problems, but comparing nations even within Africa then West Africa, you are really messing up around the African giant..
the giant is sleeping, but I promise when she will wake up, she will be enthroned willfully without any grumbling or fighting for what belongs to her.

God bless Africa
I so love your comment. You are blessed
Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by BackToLife: 4:50pm On Jan 31, 2020
crash12345:
how does one single spare parts car trader who buys from a Nigerian trader talk for the whole country of 30 million people. Did you hear him that he's already a poor trader who can't go to China whilst others go to China for their goods to sell. Nigerians don't manufacture the spare parts so they too go to China to buy them and then resell them to those who can't go so it's a win win situation that's why it's called a trade buh the only difference is the Nigerian businesses are also losing customers and money buh since they're ruled by a fulani illiterate dictator and has useless blinded supporters like you here,they have no right to protest.

Now did you hear the GUTA organizer say they have sourced different buyers and sellers from other places now so they don't sit down doing nothing. Spare parts business does not make up even 2% of businesses in Ghana and majority of them import their products through Ghanaian ports which operates far better than all Nigerian ports buh our government has been charging them more taxes because he's trying to clamp down that business category and promote buying of new cars so they few ones that can't afford the high tariff goes to Togo and Nigeria to get their goods to sell.And most Nigerian traders in Ghana are also affected.

Ghana doesn't even talk about Nigeria border because we don't care and we're the fastest growing economy in Africa this year projected by the IMF.Go and cry for the over 1,000 Nigerian shops under lock and key in Ghana since last year.Do you have light in your kiosk.
GOD Bless Ghana, and all God-fearing Ghanaians. Ghanians are truly free, they had the courage to chase intruding herdsmen that planned to enslave them. Nigerians are cowards and enslaves on their own father lands. Those Nigerians that have not being to Ghana would never understand that Ghana is far superior to Nigeria in real developement. Human life in Nigeria is worthless. Wherever life has no value, has no value. No Nigerian can guaratee that he would not be killed within the next 24hours. God bless Ghana!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by vaxx1: 4:50pm On Jan 31, 2020
femixville:

you may be right.. but, you should study Nigeria as a nation well, before rounding up your views..
Nigeria is corrupt, terrorism everywhere, for correction, only a state and a lil portion of the state called Boron almost big in size as Ghana

every nation is having their own problem, especially a nation that has potential must face the most difficult challenges
people don't just create problem , it is created for benefits not in a small economy, but a big one like US, UK, they have threats, chaos, political issues, cos they're the force of the world. Nigeria is moving towards that realm even so fast and for her to gain stability, modern problems must face them, and how strong she will be matters nd I believe she's strong enough.

Ghana cn only boast of their country, you have your problems too, but not compared to the real giant., she stands tall, swallows all challenges, embraced all problems, but yet succeeding maybe crawling.. but, the crawling Nigeria is far better than the best Ghana.

Nigeria can only compete with South Africa, not Ghana, yet south Africa still envy this nation Nigeria to the extent of making Nigeria her business hub and centre of wealth making..

Ghana will always be a brother, I mean the junior one, if your history hasn't been altered, go back and read Nigerias impact in your economy how Nigeria helped strengthen you. Your political elites knows that, that's why they dare not speak against a mother nation..

we lack good things compared to Ghana that is a combination of two states in Nigeria in size per square kilometer, we are big, bigger, and will be better.. if your leaders can't make a small Ghana better, then the nation is a failing state..

I respect every nation, they have their problems, but comparing nations even within Africa then West Africa, you are really messing up around the African giant..
the giant is sleeping, but I promise when she will wake up, she will be enthroned willfully without any grumbling or fighting for what belongs to her.

God bless Africa
lengthy write-up but fill with many faulty assumption and lies but i we enlight you at the bolded.... I will be too lazy to do it for all of them....

1. Ghana as a nation is bigger than borno state of Nigeria ... northern region of Ghana is bigger than the entire south South, south east in combine and it is bigger than south west of Nigeria in single ....

2 ....Nigeria is raw mineral exporting dependable economy just like Ghana .. nothing serious here from the two side, except Ghana has much fewer mouth to feed than Nigeria. when economic indices are compared, Ghana does better except on the market size... reasons the best and most lucrative Nigeria own films will choose Ghana ( Accra) of two million population ahead of kano state Nigeria that is somewhere around 20 million .... it is a matter of conducive buisness enviroment and adequate infrastructure....

3 population shouldn't be a setback to Nigeria development, infact it should augment its development. Ghana is bigger than any two state in Nigeria or two states combine. Nigeria biggest state are Niger and borno state respectively. if combine they are not bigger than Ghana. Greater Accra region of Ghana has almost the size of lagos state by land geographically.

obviously you need to learn geography and economics a little. you are lacking in this area....

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 31, 2020
vaxx1:
lengthy write-up but fill with many faulty assumption and lies but i we enlight you at the bolded.... I will be too lazy to do it for all of them....

1. Ghana as a nation is bigger than borno state of Nigeria ... northern region of Ghana is bigger than the entire south South, south east in combine and it is bigger than south west of Nigeria in single ....

2 ....Nigeria is raw mineral exporting dependable economy just like Ghana .. nothing serious here from the two side, except Ghana has much fewer mouth to feed than Nigeria. when economic indices are compared, Ghana does better except on the market size... reasons the best and most lucrative Nigeria own films will choose Ghana ( Accra) of two million population ahead of kano state Nigeria that is somewhere around 20 million .... it is a matter of conducive buisness enviroment and adequate infrastructure....

3 population shouldn't be a setback to Nigeria development, infact it should augment its development. Ghana is bigger than any two state in Nigeria or two states combine. Nigeria biggest state are Niger and borno state respectively. if combine they are not bigger than Ghana. Greater Accra region of Ghana has almost the size of lagos state by land geographically.

obviously you need to learn geography and economics a little. you are lacking in this area....

Ghana is bigger than borno?

Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by vaxx1: 6:02pm On Jan 31, 2020
Watamidoinhere:

Ghana is bigger than borno?
yes , it even has a region almost as equal as borno in size . northern region of Ghana.

Ghana is roughly 1 / 4th of Nigeria by land size.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by onoja12: 6:13pm On Jan 31, 2020
but treating Nigerians like trash in your country is African.

jayson87:
Border closure is unAFRICAN
Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 31, 2020
vaxx1:
yes , it even has a region almost as equal as borno in size . northern region of Ghana.

Ghana is roughly 1 / 4th of Nigeria by land size.

ok
Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by tck2000(m): 9:18pm On Jan 31, 2020
Susu888:
We hear your plights but borders remain closed... grin

New meme:
I knew someone must say this as i saw the picture in the post.
Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by Eagleboney(m): 9:43pm On Jan 31, 2020
kolaa007:
Me I don't like making mouth since this thread is already turning to a war thread grin....but let's take a recent example of what happened between cardi B and Ghanians. Cardi wants to be a Nigerian. And when you talk of Ghana eh... Ghana is not as big as ordinary Ikorodu local Government talkless of s state. And do you know how many state we have in nigeria? Recently I young chap came to Nigeria from Ghana and he said he never wants to return to Ghana again a think he was a blogger or so. That all the things they have been telling him about Nigeria was a lie. Some of you Ghanians have never left kumasi before so you don't know what is out there. Please just safe enough money and come and holiday in Nigeria. Also I don't think there is any brand I. The world that does not have presence in Niheria and I can mention over a hundred who don't have precense in Ghana. The list goes on and on...its like a cat that wants to fight with a tiger. The Tiger will eat the cat raw...wow I don't type reach like this....
So much love dis comment
Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by Eagleboney(m): 9:49pm On Jan 31, 2020
kolaa007:
Me I don't like making mouth since this thread is already turning to a war thread grin....but let's take a recent example of what happened between cardi B and Ghanians. Cardi wants to be a Nigerian. And when you talk of Ghana eh... Ghana is not as big as ordinary Ikorodu local Government talkless of s state. And do you know how many state we have in nigeria? Recently I young chap came to Nigeria from Ghana and he said he never wants to return to Ghana again a think he was a blogger or so. That all the things they have been telling him about Nigeria was a lie. Some of you Ghanians have never left kumasi before so you don't know what is out there. Please just safe enough money and come and holiday in Nigeria. Also I don't think there is any brand I. The world that does not have presence in Niheria and I can mention over a hundred who don't have precense in Ghana. The list goes on and on...its like a cat that wants to fight with a tiger. The Tiger will eat the cat raw...wow I don't type reach like this....
so much love dis comment, delta state and Ghana are the ones supposed to be bragging about superiority ,who is Ghana to talk when Nigeria is speaking

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by Eagleboney(m): 9:51pm On Jan 31, 2020
kolaa007:
so much love dis comment,who is Ghana to talk when Nigeria is talking, the whole world knows that the only African country that has the potential to become a global power is Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by Eagleboney(m): 10:00pm On Jan 31, 2020
MelesZenawi:

And you are hauling insults at me?
Who are you not to be hauled insults at
Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by Eagleboney(m): 10:11pm On Jan 31, 2020
BackToLife:

GOD Bless Ghana, and all God-fearing Ghanaians. Those Nigerians that have not being to Ghana would never understand that Ghana is far superior to Nigeria in real developement. Human life in Nigeria is worthless. Wherever life has no value, has no value. No Nigerian can guaratee that he would not be killed within the next 24hours. God bless Ghana!
Taa sharraaaap my friend!!! mumu
Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by Eagleboney(m): 10:20pm On Jan 31, 2020
vaxx1:

Mr geography teacher,what is Ghana film industry compared to nollywood, when nollywood brought Ghanaian stars to the limelight, sarkodie will ever remain grateful to Nigeria music industry for accepting him in the family, shatta bandle also spoke of how Nigeria made him popular,
go and do more research Mr man
Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by MumuCountry: 10:32pm On Jan 31, 2020
Sharaaap! What do you know?

Eagleboney:
Mr geography teacher,what is Ghana film industry compared to nollywood, when nollywood brought Ghanaian stars to the limelight, sarkodie will ever remain grateful to Nigeria music industry for accepting him in the family, shatta bandle also spoke of how Nigeria made him popular,
Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by Eagleboney(m): 10:35pm On Jan 31, 2020
MumuCountry:
Sharaaap! What do you know?
Where is this one from ? ignoramus
Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by MumuCountry: 10:36pm On Jan 31, 2020
Think about your useless country and leave Ghana alone! Nonsense. Ghana’s debt is almost 70%? Get this into your useless head. Ghana is 100 times better than your zoo country. Do you know the number of Nigerians arriving in Ghana every day, in search of economic refuge? Crass crap!

bptc10:
You also forget to tell them that Ghana debt is almost 70% of their GDP, you will see some idiot coming online talking nonsense

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by wizzzmike: 10:37pm On Jan 31, 2020
Eagleboney:

Lol u help sarkodie and other Ghanaian to the limelight? ur a joke like urself. when u guys don't even play our music lol... lemme shout u up without Ghana, Nigeria do not have a music and movie industry. go and ask ur grandfather

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by MumuCountry: 10:37pm On Jan 31, 2020
Fvck ya! Nigeria is the biggest MUMU country. What do you expect from a zoo shiithole country with a certificateless illiterate leader?

Eagleboney:
Where is this one from ? ignoramus

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by Eagleboney(m): 10:39pm On Jan 31, 2020
wizzzmike:

Lol u help sarkodie and other Ghanaian to the limelight? ur a joke like urself. when u guys don't even play our music lol... lemme shout u up without Ghana, Nigeria do not have a music and movie industry. go and ask ur grandfather
where is this one from ??
ignoramus
Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by Eagleboney(m): 10:42pm On Jan 31, 2020
[quote author=MumuCountry post=86274643]Fvck ya! Nigeria is the biggest MUMU country. What do you expect from a zoo shiithole country with a certificateless illiterate leader?

[/quote
keep exposing ur idiosyncrasies
Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by Eagleboney(m): 10:42pm On Jan 31, 2020
[quote author=MumuCountry post=86274643]Fvck ya! Nigeria is the biggest MUMU country. What do you expect from a zoo shiithole country with a certificateless illiterate leader?

[/quote
keep exposing ur idiosyncrasy
Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by MumuCountry: 10:51pm On Jan 31, 2020
The statistics speak for itself. Ghana’s economy is growing at over 6%, while your generator-powered economy is struggling to stay at 2% growth grin food prices are skyrocketing in your sh1thole. Inflation is galloping in your mudder fugger country. So who is feeling the heat from the border closure? Your fellow Nigerians were in Ghana for Christmas. Ask them is they saw or heard Ghanaians complain about food. You Nigerians are just comedians. This is definitely a story weaved by Nigerians to achieve a stvpid and foolish conclusion. I live in Accra, and nobody even talks about border closure here in Ghana. Most of us h@ve even forgotten about it. The only time we hear about border closure is in nairaland. I know nigerians are pained that Ghanaians have closed nigerian shops in Ghana. They want to do equalization. But this won’t wash because we know the real people who are suffering from the border closure. They are in Nigeria, the undisputed champions of poverty.

Bluezy13:
Waiting for Nairaland Ghanians to come and defend their country's economy

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by MumuCountry: 10:53pm On Jan 31, 2020
Go and solve your poverty issues. Are you not ashamed that in 2020 Nigerians still can’t enjoy 24/7 electricity? Nigeria is not fit for human habitation, walahi.

[quote author=Eagleboney post=86274755][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by Eagleboney(m): 10:56pm On Jan 31, 2020
MumuCountry:
Go and solve your poverty issues. Are you not ashamed that in 2020 Nigerians still can’t enjoy 24/7 electricity? Nigeria is not fit for human habitation, walahi.

Chaii this one is swimming in ignorance,
keep exposing your idiosyncrasy
Re: Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure by Eagleboney(m): 10:58pm On Jan 31, 2020
MumuCountry:

Chaii this one is wallowing in ignorance ,
keep exposing your idiosyncrasies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Attends Jumaat Service At Aso Rock Mosque With Saraki, Hameed Ali, Others / Bola Tinubu With Oscar Yao Doe at Bourget Airshow In France / 2019 Governorship: Why PDP May Lose Bayelsa To APC – Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.