Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,423 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

2023: PDP Mulls Merger, Throws Open Presidential Ticket - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: PDP Mulls Merger, Throws Open Presidential Ticket (24718 Views)

PDP Mulls Disciplinary Measures Amid Threats Of G-5 Dumping Atiku / 2023: PDP Mulls Remodelling Of Manifesto / PDP Mulls Fall-back Options For Presidential Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: PDP Mulls Merger, Throws Open Presidential Ticket by berrystunn(m): 11:52am On Jan 31, 2020
I stand with PDP
Re: 2023: PDP Mulls Merger, Throws Open Presidential Ticket by 12345baba(m): 11:55am On Jan 31, 2020
Secondus the thirdndus

2 Likes

Re: 2023: PDP Mulls Merger, Throws Open Presidential Ticket by BrutusOj(m): 11:56am On Jan 31, 2020
Such is life. The whole PDP (the biggest party in Africa) wants to merge with other parties.

1 Like

Re: 2023: PDP Mulls Merger, Throws Open Presidential Ticket by israelmao(m): 11:58am On Jan 31, 2020
Let' PDP put its house in order first, merger will only complicate matters.Calling for merger is like a man who is not on good term with his wife and children extending invitation to unwelcome guests for a long stay in his house.

1 Like

Re: 2023: PDP Mulls Merger, Throws Open Presidential Ticket by Iyiataata92: 11:59am On Jan 31, 2020
jlinkd78:
Following
When a blind man is following a blind man, they might both end up in the gutter. Keep following them

1 Like

Re: 2023: PDP Mulls Merger, Throws Open Presidential Ticket by Iyiataata92: 12:01pm On Jan 31, 2020
As long as pdp has Secondus as their chairman, they will always come second in elections

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: PDP Mulls Merger, Throws Open Presidential Ticket by Tell1234: 12:02pm On Jan 31, 2020
He explained that the merger arrangement would not include a name change for the party, stressing that the PDP was a mega opposition and not ready to change name ahead of the next general election."

merger without a change of name is not merger but absorption of other parties which in it entirety a charades because no party with a credibility and futuristic outlook will risk that except those mediocres parties that are used to full the ballots paper to confuse some electorate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: PDP Mulls Merger, Throws Open Presidential Ticket by jamesnehemiah098(m): 12:02pm On Jan 31, 2020
we are tired of politics, and we don't need their opinion anymore

1 Like

Re: 2023: PDP Mulls Merger, Throws Open Presidential Ticket by Jeezuzpick(m): 12:03pm On Jan 31, 2020
Just get a credible candidate and start early!
Don't bring any of the former thieves again, mbok!
Re: 2023: PDP Mulls Merger, Throws Open Presidential Ticket by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 31, 2020
who wants to merge with PDP? PDP has a bad reputation! A lot of the smaller parties are sincere people who have refused to compromise by joining the big parties, if they feel APC is bad, they know PDP is worse. That leaves the political jobbers, if you are a political jobber, you are better off joining APC. PDP is dead!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: PDP Mulls Merger, Throws Open Presidential Ticket by AgentNairaland(f): 12:04pm On Jan 31, 2020
We're Watching
Re: 2023: PDP Mulls Merger, Throws Open Presidential Ticket by jaxxy(m): 12:08pm On Jan 31, 2020
Now they talking.
Re: 2023: PDP Mulls Merger, Throws Open Presidential Ticket by EmmanuelBanks: 12:08pm On Jan 31, 2020
Hello guys....newest member
Re: 2023: PDP Mulls Merger, Throws Open Presidential Ticket by Bringback9ja1: 12:28pm On Jan 31, 2020
seunmsg:

What has PDP throwing open its ticket got to do with Tinubu? Is Tinubu the target of every PDP decision? Why do you guys see Tinubu everywhere you go?

Are you saying Tinubu crossing to PDP won't automatically turn PDP to a contender?

When you discuss politics of Nigeria today, you can't do without mentioning Tinubu.
Re: 2023: PDP Mulls Merger, Throws Open Presidential Ticket by mu2sa2: 12:30pm On Jan 31, 2020
SolidLight:
Donald Duke.
Oyibo name.

1 Like

Re: 2023: PDP Mulls Merger, Throws Open Presidential Ticket by Donaldoni: 12:40pm On Jan 31, 2020
FrLukas:
PDP should be dead and buried already.

16 years of wanton waste and buffoonery in the life of a young nation is not beans.

Including Obasanjo's 8 years

Are you okay
Re: 2023: PDP Mulls Merger, Throws Open Presidential Ticket by danot1030: 12:54pm On Jan 31, 2020
Who wants to merge with a dead party on its way to the grave?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: PDP Mulls Merger, Throws Open Presidential Ticket by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 31, 2020
Donaldoni:

Including Obasanjo's 8 years

Are you okay

I should be asking you if you are ok.

Or maybe you were still soiling your nappies during Obasanjo's reign.

Since you are eager to defend him

1. Go to Ota and ask him what happened to 16 BILLION DOLLARS money released for power

2. Ask him if he consulted with the other two arms of government before parcelling off Bakassi Peninsula to the Cameroonians all because of a selfish ambition to become UN Secretary General.

3. Go so your research on how he institutionalised corruption through the PDP in Nigeria. It was under his reign that the Uba brothers kidnapped the governor of their state. A whole governor.

4. Rigging and violence during election was the norm during his time. Go and read about the "this election is a do or die affair" accredited to him, a whole sitting president.

5. Go ask Ibadan people how Obasanjo as president went to prostrate for Adedibu in Ibadan.

6. Go and visit the location where Odi village used to be located and ask them there what happened.

7. Go read old newspapers and see how Obasanjo's family affairs, including allegedly sleeping with his daughter-in-law dominated the airwaves, while his own daughter kept writing public letters to her father.

To you and in your mind, Obasanjo was a great leader abi?

Because he put mobile phone in your hand you think he's great. Go and ask how MTN milked Nigerians so bad when GSM first got to Nigeria.

He and his friends made a killing from that.

Praising the same man that built a presidential library in his own name?

Shior!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: PDP Mulls Merger, Throws Open Presidential Ticket by Donaldoni: 1:06pm On Jan 31, 2020
FrLukas:

I should be asking you if you are ok.

Or maybe you were still soiling your nappies during Obasanjo's reign.

Since you are eager to defend him

1. Go to Ota and ask him what happened to 16 BILLION DOLLARS money released for power

2. Ask him if he consulted with the other two arms of government before parcelling off Bakassi Peninsula to the Cameroonians all because of a selfish ambition to become UN Secretary General.

3. Go so your research on how he institutionalised corruption through the PDP in Nigeria. It was under his reign that the Uba brothers kidnapped the governor of their state. A whole governor.

4. Rigging and violence during election was the norm during his time. Go and read about the "this election is a do or die affair" accredited to him, a whole sitting president.

5. Go ask Ibadan people how Obasanjo as president went to prostrate for Adedibu in Ibadan.

6. Go and visit the location where Odi village used to be located and ask them there what happened.

7. Go read old newspapers and see how Obasanjo's family affairs, including allegedly sleeping with his daughter-in-law dominated the airwaves, while his own daughter kept writing public letters to her father.

To you and in your mind, Obasanjo was a great leader abi?

Because he put mobile phone in your hand you think he's great. Go and ask how MTN milked Nigerians so bad when GSM first got to Nigeria.

He and his friends made a killing from that.

Praising the same man that built a presidential library in his own name?

Shior!

Honestly, you disgust me... angry

Obasanjo took over a nearly dead country from the military and turned it into a prosperous powerhouse with all our debts paid/cancelled and USD60bn in foreign reserve.

All our indicators were green and the whole country was safe. I can go on and on.

Be careful! angry
Re: 2023: PDP Mulls Merger, Throws Open Presidential Ticket by Okoroawusa: 1:12pm On Jan 31, 2020
seunmsg:

What has PDP throwing open its ticket got to do with Tinubu? Is Tinubu the target of every PDP decision? Why do you guys see Tinubu everywhere you go?
I wanted to reply him but I can see that you have done a great job.

Tinubu is their nightmare

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: PDP Mulls Merger, Throws Open Presidential Ticket by farouk2much(m): 1:14pm On Jan 31, 2020
Kwankwaso all the way
Re: 2023: PDP Mulls Merger, Throws Open Presidential Ticket by diegwu02: 1:21pm On Jan 31, 2020
I see an APC candidate flying the PDP flag, If he wins, he would decamp after swearing in back to the APC,

PDP is one very useless and brainless political party

2 Likes

Re: 2023: PDP Mulls Merger, Throws Open Presidential Ticket by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 31, 2020
Donaldoni:

Honestly, you disgust me... angry

Obasanjo took over a nearly dead country from the military and turned it into a prosperous powerhouse with all our debts paid/cancelled and USD60bn in foreign reserve.

All our indicators were green and the whole country was safe. I can go on and on.

Be careful! angry

Just look at you.

You can go on and on...

Why didn't you?

OMG! What's wrong with Nigerians celebrating deadbeat past presidents? Nitori Olorun!

I said here once that the average Nigerian's memory capacity is very low. Some think I was insulting them. I'm not.

Just look at you bro.

Obasanjo had 8 years and all the opportunities in this whole wide world to steer Nigeria in the proper direction. He failed woefully. Woefully.

You couldn't even counter any of the points I made in my post.

Yes, he helped navigate the debt relief. Kudos to him.

And then what?

A man who came out of prison, penniless and broke, left the presidency 8 years after as one of the richest men in Nigeria, if not Africa.

And you're here berating me for telling the truth.

Y'all deserve Nigeria and Nigeria deserves you, truly.

Ah-ha, or is it not this same Obasanjo that was sharing Ghana-must-go bags filled with cash to the federal lawmakers so that they could amend the constitution to give him a chance at third term?

Please, if you were still a babe at arms during those period just ask for explanations of how things were during that period.

He had the opportunity to strengthen the institutions of democracy. Instead he bastardised them.

Rigging was a way of life. He foisted Yaradua and Badluck Jonothing on the nation, a man obviously ill who collapsed on the campaign stage and was rushed to the UK.

Am I the only one who remembers these things in Nigeria?

E gbami ara adugbo, en wo mi niran ni? shocked

I'm.not the one disgusting you o. Stand in front of a mirror bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: PDP Mulls Merger, Throws Open Presidential Ticket by ZaramT: 1:31pm On Jan 31, 2020
Only electronic voting will unseat this incompetent, clueless, directionless and visionless govt. PDP Lawmakers should opt for this or go extinct.
Re: 2023: PDP Mulls Merger, Throws Open Presidential Ticket by Donaldoni: 1:42pm On Jan 31, 2020
FrLukas:

Just look at you.

You can go on and on...

Why didn't you?

OMG! What's wrong with Nigerians celebrating deadbeat past presidents? Nitori Olorun!

I said here once that the average Nigerian's memory capacity is very low. Some think I was insulting them. I'm not.

Just look at you bro.

Obasanjo had 8 years and all the opportunities in this whole wide world to steer Nigeria in the proper direction. He failed woefully. Woefully.

You couldn't even counter any of the points I made in my post.

Yes, he helped navigate the debt relief. Kudos to him.

And then what?

A man who came out of prison, penniless and broke, left the presidency 8 years after as one of the richest men in Nigeria, if not Africa.

And you're here berating me for telling the truth.

Y'all deserve Nigeria and Nigeria deserves you, truly.

Ah-ha, or is it not this same Obasanjo that was sharing Ghana-must-go bags filled with cash to the federal lawmakers so that they could amend the constitution to give him a chance at third term?

Please, if you were still a babe at arms during those period just ask for explanations of how things were during that period.

He had the opportunity to strengthen the institutions of democracy. Instead he bastardised them.

Rigging was a way of life. He foisted Yaradua and Badluck Jonothing on the nation, a man obviously ill who collapsed on the campaign stage and was rushed to the UK.

Am I the only one who remembers these things in Nigeria?

E gbami ara adugbo, en wo mi niran ni? shocked

I'm.not the one disgusting you o. Stand in front of a mirror bro.

Your points are so worthless, trying to counter them one after the other is was a waste of time... embarassed

Are we arguing facts or emotions here

How was Nigeria like when Obasanjo took over How much was crude oil selling when Obasanjo was in power How many power stations did Obasanjo build Were the refineries working or not Was the country secure or not What was the Naira - Dollar exchange rate during his tenure Did our economy experience massive growth or not Was privatisation largely successful or not Did we have USD60bn u=in our foreign reserves or not Who established EFCC and ICPC

Guy, remove your head from Buhari/APC's assss. It is not allowing you think straight... angry
Re: 2023: PDP Mulls Merger, Throws Open Presidential Ticket by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 31, 2020
Donaldoni:

[s]Your points are so worthless, trying to counter them one after the other is was a waste of time... embarassed

Are we arguing facts or emotions here

How was Nigeria like when Obasanjo took over How much was crude oil selling when Obasanjo was in power How many power stations did Obasanjo build Were the refineries working or not Was the country secure or not What was the Naira - Dollar exchange rate during his tenure Did our economy experience massive growth or not Was privatisation largely successful or not Did we have USD60bn u=in our foreign reserves or not Who established EFCC and ICPC

Guy, remove your head from Buhari/APC's assss. It is not allowing you think straight... angry[/s]

I hope you're a teen-ager o. With this kind of mentality you possess, if you're not, e don be for you be dat.

A critic of Obasanjo is automatically a supporter of Buhari, abi?

I'm done with you.

Carry your yeye go one side abeg.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: PDP Mulls Merger, Throws Open Presidential Ticket by ekestic1976(f): 1:46pm On Jan 31, 2020
Why should the LARGEST political party in Africa seek for mergers and alliances? They did it for SIXTEEN YEARS unaided; what has changed since?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EndSARS: CACOVID To Rebuild 44 Police Stations, Donates ₦100 Billion For Arms / Police Rescue App Gets Over 10,000 Fake Alerts In Four Days / The Day Atiku Blasted Obasanjo To His Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.