Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,921 members, 7,952,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:56 PM

Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria (375269 Views)

Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / What Is The Cost Of Building A 4 Flat House In Ikorodu / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by jot01(m): 6:08am On Sep 06, 2010
@ 9ijaman, You are such a wonderful person., The Lord will do great things in your Life.

Now i have an idea what this will look Like.

The Lord that help me to that Level will help me finish.

God Bless
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by bukatalag: 7:06pm On Sep 11, 2010
hey 9ijaMan, how u doing?, thx alot 4 ur gud advice, pls i wana ask how much is it gonna cost to get the window aluminium for 4flat done, and which ones r d best and cheaper, thx
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by 9ijaMan: 9:14pm On Sep 11, 2010
bukata lag:

hey 9ijaMan, how u doing?, thx alot 4 your gud advice, pls i wana ask how much is it gonna cost to get the window aluminium for 4flat done, and which ones r d best and cheaper, thx

The last time I did mine for the same number of flats, it cost me roughly 450K for materials and labour. On my current project, I received a quotation of 600k for materails only and may need to add extra 50 to 100k for labour. I should mention however, that the designs are slightly different which explains the big difference in cost. Although there's also a 2 year interval between the two buildings.
You may be able to bit down the price if you are able to get your materials directly from the manufacturer such as First Aluminum.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by bukatalag: 12:11am On Sep 12, 2010
thanks, so which design (name) is more better?
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by 9ijaMan: 12:28am On Sep 12, 2010
bukata lag:

thanks, so which design (name) is more better?
I'm not sure I understand your question on design o! However, the cheapest is for you to make the simplest design! I'm not too familiar with specific design names.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by bukatalag: 12:37am On Sep 12, 2010
ok thx 9ijaman,
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by bukatalag: 12:14am On Sep 17, 2010
pls do any body knows a nice company that deals with longspan roofing, window aluminium, and sliding doors in ikorodu, lagos in general, pls get bak to me asap, thx
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by thirdeye(m): 2:44am On Sep 17, 2010
@bukata lag
For longspan, why not use any of the companies-Tower,carat etc
For aluminium windows etc call this number-08191407519-Entaac aluminium.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by bukatalag: 5:43pm On Sep 18, 2010
thx thirdeye, will surely make use of ur response, more sources are still welcome,
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by udo101(m): 3:03am On Sep 20, 2010
Please I have a 100 by 100 plot in Benin and intend to build a reception hall, can someone advise on how much it costs to build one??, maybe u can include pictures of a previous one, Thanks.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by jot01(m): 4:30am On Sep 20, 2010
udo101:

Please I have a 100 by 100 plot in Benin and intend to build a reception hall, can someone advise on how much it costs to build one??, maybe u can include pictures of a previous one, Thanks.

Good, am also thinking of Such Project and i will like people to give us an idea,
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by thirdeye(m): 9:03am On Sep 20, 2010
What you will use in Benin is not the same as other places, but have 20 million in mind.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by udo101(m): 10:38am On Sep 20, 2010
Thanks 3rd eye, but if u can give me a break down of what anyone no matter where it is, I'll appreciate, Maybe u tell me d capacity, bricklaying=?, tiles=?, Roofing=? etc
Thanks.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by udo101(m): 3:01pm On Sep 28, 2010
My brothers and sisters, Someone tampered with my land and wasted 60ft from the 100ft side. The land is supposed to be 100ft by 230ft, Although he claims it is a mistake and willing to compensate with cash for the 60ft, Now I am left with 200ft by 40ft, Is it possible to still erect a 500 capacity reception hall in this land?

The 40ft side happens to be the side facing the road, So, that should be the main entrance, With the main gate at the 40ft side, pls confirm if I can still utilize such a land for this project. Urgent response is needed. If this is possible, I will need a rough and well scaled sketch showing how the building will fit into the land area and also show d packing space plan as well as anything to convince me that the land can still be used for its intended purpose. If you are a builder, let me have your contact info as well so that I will see how to employ you for this. I really need to use this land as it was difficult to acquire.

Thanks.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by james1(m): 1:36pm On Oct 02, 2010
Hello.You may reach engineer femi on 08021438888.he is very seasoned and prudent.he is based in lagos.best wishes.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by cormacsfl: 6:21pm On Oct 16, 2010
Please can anyone help me and tell me the cost of a cubic metre 25 and 30 N/mm2 readymix concrete delivered to a site in Lekki on Victoria Island,do you use ready mix deliveries in Lagos? and the cost of steel bars per tonne.Thank you very much for this information as I am in Ireland and trying to price a new 100m2 3 BED Bungalow in Lexkki for a Nigerian friend.Thank you very much appreciated.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by Gnexplore: 5:33pm On Oct 21, 2010
Please can some good gentleman, tell me the estimate of building two bed room flat in Enugu.
From foundation to roofing
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by olawonder(m): 3:04pm On Oct 24, 2010
@ promise
u were billed 100 bags of cement for a 6bed house FOUNDATION wow, thats scary!
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by Goksyde: 12:12am On Oct 31, 2010
Does anyone know the cost of a one bedroom self contain , In mowe?
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by KunleA2(m): 6:09am On Nov 03, 2010
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by sammyelo(m): 10:35am On Nov 03, 2010
go to

http://buildingcontractorsecrets.com

its a breakdown of all the building processes whereby teaching you all you need to know about building from foundation to painting.

This is all you need.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by kenoyad: 4:29pm On Nov 03, 2010
@ TOPIC,
I really want to implore you to kindly come home before you start the project cause you will ascertain the cost yourself, its easy to do, its just common sense. The foundation may require iron rod if the land is situated in a swampy area. Just be extra conscious so that they will not spin you of your money.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by 9ijaMan: 5:30pm On Nov 22, 2010
To all in the house, I finally got my project roofed and it cost me about 1.2M using 4mm (sold to me as 4.5mm) long-span aluminum sheets., including the cost of wood for the roof and wood for the ceiling. I'll have to cough out another 400k for the ceiling. I finally decided to go for the UPVC ceiling materials. If you have a project in Lagos, you'll certainly spend far less than I've done as you'll get the materials a lot cheaper that I did. The total cost of labour out of the 1.2m is less than 120k.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by kenoyad: 7:09pm On Nov 22, 2010
congrats, never bother on the amount spent, its genuity that matters
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by 9ijaMan: 7:24pm On Nov 22, 2010
@Kenoyad,
Thanks for your words. The post was actually meant to hint members about the cost associated with roofing using long-span aluminum.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by kenoyad: 7:31pm On Nov 22, 2010
alright, best regards.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by daddee: 7:47am On Nov 23, 2010
Please can anyone in the house help with advise on how to calculate cost/price estimates for installing a PVC ceiling?
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by 9ijaMan: 7:09pm On Nov 23, 2010
daddee:

Please can anyone in the house help with advise on how to calculate cost/price estimates for installing a PVC ceiling?

If your plan is to cover the entire ceiling with UPVC (inside & outside) simply use the the surface area of your plan view (for the house) as your coverage area. You'll then divide the surface area obtained by the area of each unit length of the UPVC material (sample UPVC unit is 20ft long by 8inches wide after installing), to obtain a rough estimate of the number of UPVC unit you'll need. Calculate your cost based on the total number of units required. Add 20% extra to the cost to take care of the remaining accessories and some extras.

I hope this helps.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by daddee: 6:04am On Nov 25, 2010
@9ijaMan,
Many thanks for this contribution. I will apply it.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by kkonsults: 7:16pm On Nov 26, 2010
You can contact me for your building plans and full architectural and consultancy services
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by BAINLTD(m): 10:49am On Dec 24, 2010
Compliment of the Season to you all,

Having read through the inputs of professionals within the local construction industry, it will be nice for anyone who intends to develop properties in Nigeria to give us a trial at Built Ability in Nigeria (BAIN) Limited. BAIN is an experienced multi-disciplinary service provider/management company, founded in July 2010 as a Private Limited Liability Company. The company is made up of vibrant Nigerian building construction / management professionals with international experiences within and beyond the building construction industry. BAIN Limited was established in pursuant to the Nigerian Company Registration Decree of 1990.

BAIN Limited has the capacity and technical know-how to sustain the Nigerian built environment for the next generation. This is based on our cutting edge technology and critical management systems, in collaboration with our foreign technical partners, structured to achieve best practice in the Nigerian building construction industry and beyond. We will soon commence the use of steel prefab structures for concrete walls as part of measures to deliver mass housing in Nigeria.

Our company has the professional competence to integrate building construction projects from inception/design phase to completion phase, tailored to achieve our client’s desire. Our list of professionals has requisite national and international professional certification to achieve a set goal.

For more enquiries, you can contact us @ info@bainlimited.com or +234 806 5285 916. We would be looking forward to support you in turning your dream into reality. Thank you.

SIGN
BAIN MANAGEMENT TEAM
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by BigCharlx: 7:37am On Dec 28, 2010
@ gom

I would advice you get the service of a Quantity Surveyor who would give you accurate +/- 5% cost. Relying on Architects to give an estimate is not the best option.

With that, you would be assured of your budget.

Regards

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

BRICKS,BRICK,BRICK TILES,BURNT BRICKS,RED BRICKS,FOR SALE IN NIGERIA. ✯✯✯✯✯ ☸☸ / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex / Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.