Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,092 members, 7,957,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:56 AM

How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? (2665 Views)

Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects / Congrats To My President GEJ 4 His Victory / US Secretary Of State, John Kerry, Meets GEJ, Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by AkinEgba: 9:30pm On Dec 10, 2010
I do not even understand my Yoruba people again eyo. Kilon Shele?? We have Afenifere, then we got Yoruba Council of Elders YCE, OPC, and now we have Yoruba Unity Forum? YUF, Nah wah, what is going on here? How about Egbe Omo Oduduwa I mean YUF is now saying they are the umbrella group, ?

2011: Yoruba Unity Forum calls for credible primaries, polls •Meets Jonathan, appoints HID as chairman

Written by Olayinka Olukoya, Dare Adekanmbi and Abiodun Awolaja
Friday, 10 December 2010

YORUBA Unity Forum (YUF), an umbrella body for the supreme interests of the Yoruba race, has counselled political parties and operators to allow free, fair and open primaries as well as credible elections in 2011, for democracy to have true meaning in the country.

The Forum also called on politicians to ensure that next year’s elections were without violence and thuggery and see that the nation remained peaceful, cohesive and united.

These were part of the decisions reached at another edition of the bi-monthly meeting of the group held at Efunyela Hall in Ikenne Remo, Ogun State, on Thursday.

It noted that it would be in the interest of all to conduct credible elections in 2011, beginning with transparent party primaries, which it described as a crucial step in ensuring fraud-free polls.

While describing its recent meeting with President Goodluck Jonathan as fruitful, it reported that the Forum’s 10-member delegation to Aso Rock expressed the displeasure of the Yoruba people with their marginalisation in the scheme of things in the nation.

YUF delegation also informed opposition of the president of its resolution by the House of Representatives ordering the Accountant-General and the Minister of Finance to stop statutory allocation due to Ekiti, Ondo and other states.

The group frowned on the level of infrastructural decay in the country and the abandonment of federal buildings in Lagos State, calling on President Jonathan to address the problems in the former capital of the country.

Jonathan, it was said, used the occasion to solicit the support of the Yoruba people through the group and pledged to tackle the issues raised by the delegation.

Yoruba Unity Forum, while congratulating Governors Kayode Fayemi and Rauf Aregbesola of Ekiti and Osun states respectively, charged them to bring revolutionary transformation to their states in line with their campaign pledges.

According to the group, “we have sent letters of commendation to former governors Segun Oni and Olagunsoye Oyinlola for their services to their citizens and the courage they displayed in accepting the court verdicts.

“We urge all governors of Yoruba-speaking states, new and old, to see themselves first and foremost as Yoruba people, irrespective of their political parties, and extend full cooperation to the Yoruba Unity Forum, to ensure the success of achieving the goal of Yoruba Unity.”

The Forum unanimously appointed the matriarch of the Awolowo Dynasty and Yeye Oodua, Chief (Mrs) HID Awolowo, as its inaugural chairman. She was called the convener of the group until Thursday.

Other members of the leadership of YUF are Bishop Bolanle Gbonigi (deputy chairman); Archbishop Ayo Ladigbolu (male vice chairman); Senator Tony Adefuye (secretary); while the appointment of a female vice chairman was put on hold.

The socio-cultural group felicitated with Chief (Mrs) Awolowo on the successful celebration of her 95th birthday recently and prayed for God’s continued benevolence and grace for her life and family.

Chief (Mrs) Awolowo, in a welcome address earlier, thanked all for gracing her birthday and prayed that God give them the gift of longevity.

Mrs Awolowo cautioned against in-fighting based on party affiliations among members of the forum, urging them to put the interests of the Yoruba nation ahead of sectional or partisan interests.

The group received report of its welfare committee on its visit to Jos, the Plateau State capital, to evaluate the recurring crises there as they affected the Yoruba, including a video evidence of the various atrocities perpetrated against the Yoruba people.

In a report, the Education and Cultural Heritage Committee stressed the need for the Yoruba folks to embrace elements of their culture and focus on the future rather than referring to the past.

The idea of setting aside a day in 2011 for the celebration of Yoruba Day was mooted, with a call on stakeholders to begin preparations for a successful outing.

Governor Gbenga Daniel of Ogun State was represented by his deputy, Alhaji Salmat Badru, and his Oyo State counterpart was also represented by the deputy, Alhaji Taofeek Arapaja.

Also presented at the meeting were former Lagos State deputy governor, Mrs Kofoworola Bucknor-Akerele; Admiral Akin Aduwo, Senator Femi Okurounmu, Senator Anthony Adefuye, Senator Salau, Dr Kunle Olajide, Professor David Bamgbose, Senator Wahab Dosumu, Chief Ebenezer Babatope, Chief Willy Akintunde, Professor Opeoluwa Adekunle, representatives from Plateau, Kwara and Edo states and many other dignitaries from across the country.
Re: How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by AkinEgba: 9:31pm On Dec 10, 2010
My people have lost it with all this proliferation of different political/socio-cultural groups. All in a bid to get closer to the cooking pot?
Re: How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by jason12345: 9:36pm On Dec 10, 2010
akin-egba, your situation is pathetic!!! cry
Re: How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 10, 2010
op u forgot to include OPC in amongst the forums.

I can simply say is becos of money, fame and nothing more
Re: How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by AkinEgba: 9:43pm On Dec 10, 2010
toba:

op u forgot to include OPC in amongst the forums.

I can simply say is becos of money, fame and nothing more

Corrected. That was a severe omission on my part, for which Gani Adams will not be happy. But how can the cake go round all these groups without OPC fighting and killing the rest groups? I have to form my own Egba parapo group too, after all Obj is my leader and we are in charge in odualand.
Re: How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by strangerf: 9:44pm On Dec 10, 2010
^^^^

May thunder strike your John Thomas for calling the Yoruba name in vain

You this Omo Ibo, o0 ma san ku ni oooo

Say Amen
Re: How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by jason12345: 9:49pm On Dec 10, 2010
Akin-Egba:

Corrected. That was a severe omission on my part, for which Gani Adams will not be happy. But how can the cake go round all these groups without OPC fighting and killing the rest groups? I have to form my own Egba parapo group too, after all Obj is my leader and we are in charge in odualand.

this guy grin grin grin! YOU ARE NOT OF YORUBA ORIGIN!!!
Re: How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by DapoBear(m): 9:49pm On Dec 10, 2010
Eh, there are very few ethnicities that I know of which are only represented by one group.

Anyway, how does this concern you? Mind your damn biz
Re: How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by AkinEgba: 9:53pm On Dec 10, 2010
jason12345:

this guy grin grin grin! YOU ARE NOT OF YORUBA ORIGIN!!!

Stop going round & round in circles. You have walked this path several times in the past and it has not yielded any dividend for you. For the last time, I am a proper Owu man from Abeokuta.

M/while I forgot to add the Bakare/SNG group which have already collected their own share of the cake from GEJ.
Re: How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by jason12345: 9:56pm On Dec 10, 2010
Akin-Egba:

Stop going round & round in circles. You have walked this path several times in the past and it has not yielded any dividend for you. For the last time, I am a proper Owu man from Abeokuta.

M/while I forgot to add the Bakare/SNG group which have already collected their own share of the cake from GEJ.

okay, my mothers friend is from abeokuta. what is the name of the favourite stew in abeokuta? what type of rice do they normally eat? guy answer this and i would believe you are not from IGBO origin but you are of yoruba origin!!!

i am waiting!!!
Re: How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by AkinEgba: 9:58pm On Dec 10, 2010
jason12345:

okay, my mothers friend is from abeokuta. what is the name of the favourite stew in abeokuta? what type of rice do they normally eat? guy answer this and i would believe you are not from IGBO origin but you are of yoruba origin!!!

i am waiting!!!

How much will you pay for all this assignment? No money no show. My bank account is 011245768999
Re: How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by DapoBear(m): 9:59pm On Dec 10, 2010
Why are you asking Akin-Igbo such questions? Igbo man from Abeokuta indeed
Re: How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by jason12345: 10:01pm On Dec 10, 2010
my brother, if you are from abeokuta  you should know this! grin. it should not take you this long!!! nna kachiro!!! grini am still learning my igbo language from a friend at uni grin
Re: How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by jason12345: 10:02pm On Dec 10, 2010
Akin-Egba:

How much will you pay for all this assignment? No money no show. My bank account is 011245768999

grin grin grin grin. its all good!!! keep on pretending grin. i'll leave you grin grin grin!!!
Re: How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by jason12345: 10:03pm On Dec 10, 2010
Akin-Egba:

btw, its not an assignment!!! you should know this things since you are from abeokuta! grin grin wink wink wink
Re: How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by AkinEgba: 10:05pm On Dec 10, 2010
jason12345:

btw, its not an assignment!!! you should know this things since you are from abeokuta! grin grin wink wink wink

Of course I know it; the name of the rice starts with O. But it is an assignment that must be rewarded before full disclosure. I have been doing charity work all my life. Now I am working for money.
Re: How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by jason12345: 10:05pm On Dec 10, 2010
btw, where is your friend "malu-brain"?  wink cheesy
Re: How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by jason12345: 10:06pm On Dec 10, 2010
Akin-Egba:

Of course I know it; the name of the rice starts with O. But it is an assignment that must be rewarded before full disclosure. I have been doing charity work all my life. Now I am working for money.

my brother, what about the stew? wink cheesy
Re: How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by AkinEgba: 10:07pm On Dec 10, 2010
jason12345:

my brother, what about the stew? wink cheesy

pay for the rice one first
Re: How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by jason12345: 10:08pm On Dec 10, 2010
its taking you so long! wink i bet you are asking one of your friends or researching on the internet grin
Re: How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by jason12345: 10:09pm On Dec 10, 2010
Akin-Egba:

pay for the rice one first
grin grin grin. i'll only pay if you tell me how the rice is stored! grin
Re: How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by jason12345: 10:12pm On Dec 10, 2010
bros, its taking you too long na! if you are from abeokuta, you should have said it a long time ago. its like the internet is not yielding much results grin wink
Re: How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by DapoBear(m): 10:28pm On Dec 10, 2010
Someone throw him a lifeline, maybe he needs to "Ask the Audience" tongue
Re: How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by strangerf: 10:30pm On Dec 10, 2010
^^^

I think he needs to call Okadigbo and Nwobodo and Nwokosha
Re: How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by jason12345: 10:31pm On Dec 10, 2010
DapoBear:

Someone throw him a lifeline, maybe he needs to "Ask the Audience"  tongue
grin grin grin

" phone a friend" or " 50-50". akin-egba, which one do you want?! wink grin i like this akin-egba dude though!
Re: How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by aljharem(m): 10:42pm On Dec 10, 2010
gbammm

strange, jason12345, dapobear

good one u have cut him nice one
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by strangerf: 10:51pm On Dec 10, 2010
I did not cut anyone oooooo

And, yes we caught him
Re: How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by oderemo(m): 10:57pm On Dec 10, 2010
Even me , ijebuman cant wait 4 d answer. It start with /a.) anywaz ans. Sharp sharp.
Re: How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by DapoBear(m): 10:59pm On Dec 10, 2010
Omo Igbeokuta, where is the answer?
Re: How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by aljharem(m): 11:03pm On Dec 10, 2010
strangerf:

I did not cut anyone oooooo

And, yes we caught him

chei this my english need repair cheesy cheesy
Re: How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by aljharem(m): 11:04pm On Dec 10, 2010
DapoBear:

Omo Igbeokuta, where is the answer?

gbammm grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Many Yoruba Groups Are Out There? M/while YUF Meets GEJ 4 A Share Of D Cake? by AkinEgba: 11:18pm On Dec 10, 2010
The name of the rice type eaten in Abeokuta is not the issue here. It is the proliferation of socio-cultural groups we are talking about. Jason, you stretch your luck too far. I have already obliged you with the name of the rice Ofada. That already tells you that the rest of your questions are irrelevant. Now lets get back to the topic and see how we can rescue our people from rancour, division and recrimination that is looming.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Update::: We Northerners Will Be Leaving Soon / The Hypocrisy Of Amanpour And CNN / Gej Is A Man With Divisive Character Rig Yourself In And Face WAR, Dr. Junaid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.