Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

FIRS Warns Against Evasion As 7.5% VAT Begins - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FIRS Warns Against Evasion As 7.5% VAT Begins (20349 Views)

Nigerians To Pay 5% VAT On Online, Internet Transactions January 2020 — FIRS / FIRS Arraigns Companies, 3 Others Over Tax Evasion And Assault On Staff / Firs Shuts Down Tinapa Over Alleged Tax Evasion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS Warns Against Evasion As 7.5% VAT Begins by Legendguru: 4:53pm On Feb 02, 2020
U want people to rob to pay 7.5percent the minimum wage is low and unemployment rate is at 100 percent
Re: FIRS Warns Against Evasion As 7.5% VAT Begins by MrColdsweat: 7:25pm On Feb 02, 2020
NnamdiKanu:
Me trying to explain situation in Zoo republic grin
Abeg, is this the official account of nnamdi kanu?

1 Like

Re: FIRS Warns Against Evasion As 7.5% VAT Begins by Kfed4ril(m): 9:34pm On Feb 03, 2020
solmus:
grin

People pay tax out of trust in Government and not because of any yeye threat.. who would be so dumb as an enterprenuer to remit the exact VAT as collected from customers, so that Hanah Buhari can waste it on Avaition fuel to use on Presidential Jet to snap pictures in Bauchi, National Assembly can renovate a small Assembly complex with whooping 37billion naira or $100 million USD

55% of Nigeria’s VAT is collected in Lagos State. 20% in FCT, 6% in Rivers, 5% in Kano, 1% in Kaduna. Buhari's State Katsina dont pay VAT but earn from VAT revenue, Mohammed Nami's State doesnt pay VAT yet he is the Head of the Agency collecting VAT

as a business man, i will source my own dollars from Habokkii that Northern government gives at discounted rate, i will personally negotiate my trade with China without help from Ministry of Trade and Investment, if the chinesse trader doesnt scam me of my money since Nigerian government has no escrow system, i'll use my money to ship and pay custom duty, after that i will now sell the goods at the shop i rented on my own and now be foolish enough to give Mohammed Nami and Buhari a whooping 7.5% of my sales after my hustle , wey me self never make 3% profit after tax

tax evassion might be a crime in Europe and America but in Nigeria its common sense, My Football legend Messi is a tax evader, My Political Legend Jagaban of Africa was accused of evading tax, Baba Ijebu the lotto Legend evades tax ,Donald Trump my hated US president was accused of hiding tax details and prolly evaded tax, who am i not to evade tax

Oga shut up you must pay it o, so that Hannah Buhari will use it to fuel the PJ and travel to Jupiter to snap
I thought you believed in buhari as your lord and savior ?
Now he’s asked you a zombie to pay tax you don’t want to, if you don’t pay the tax who will? Is it the 5 percenters?
Re: FIRS Warns Against Evasion As 7.5% VAT Begins by myisrael4glory(m): 1:24am On Jun 02, 2020
Hello nairalanders, Please I have two questions
1. Under the newly signed tax law, if I get someone to train me on something, I'm I expected to deduct withholding tax from his fee?
2. Am I expected to deduct withholding tax from my Landlords rent in Lagos?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate? / Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! / NNPC Ltd Acquires 380 Oando Stations, Other Assets Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.