Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,779 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC (20296 Views)

Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB / Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians / Management, Directors Of Defunct Skye Bank Under Investigation, NDIC Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by dre11(m): 7:00pm On Jun 29, 2023
“We are currently investigating Guarantee Trust Bank, Fidelity, Unity, Zenith banks, Leadway Insurance and Babcock University, among others, for data breach.”

NEWS AGENCY OF NIGERIA

The Nigeria Data Protection Commission (NDPC) says it is investigating three banks, a university and other suspects over alleged data breach.

A data breach is an unauthorised access to confidential information.

The commission listed Zenith, Fidelity, Guarantee Trust Banks, Babcock University, Leadway Insurance, etc., for the interaction.

NDPC national commissioner Vincent Olatunji disclosed this in a statement on Thursday.

Mr Olatunji said the investigation came following complaints from data subjects. He explained that with the new Nigerian Data Protection Act (NDPA), the commission had been empowered with a legal framework to address issues of citizens’ data breaches.

“In the last few weeks, the NDPC has received complaints bordering on unlawful data processing, unauthorised access to personal data and violation of data subjects’ rights,” stated the NDPC chief. “Under Part 10 of the newly signed NDPA 2023, a data controller with a turnover of N200 billion yearly may pay as high as N2 billion, which represents two per cent of the gross revenue.”

He added, “Not only that, offenders also risk up to one-year jail term. We are currently investigating Guarantee Trust Bank, Fidelity, Unity, Zenith banks, Leadway Insurance and Babcock University, among others, for data breach.”

According to him, many micro-finance banks have yet to align their operations with data privacy and protection requirements.

He further revealed that loaning organisations would face the law with the new mandate of the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission.

Mr Olatunji said the mandate required loan organisations to seek compliance and clearance from NDPC before approving online lenders.

“The commission is investigating over 400 complaints in the online lending sector. Soko Loan is already working on a comeback to the digital lending market, but yet to be approved,” said the commissioner.

He, however, said that the commission was engaging in sensitisation exercises to ensure that data controllers understood the implications of a data breach.

According to the national commissioner, the NDPC prioritises awareness more than the scorched earth enforcement process.

(NAN)

https://gazettengr.com/gtbank-zenith-fidelity-unity-bank-under-investigation-for-data-breach-ndpc/

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by slawomir: 7:14pm On Jun 29, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Nice

magoo10:
zenith bank always in the picture for wrong doings.

Zenith bank have been a pain in the ass for more than one year now

Everything about their services is failing
During the naira scarcity imbroglio
It was stanbic bank that got my back
Zenith failed me

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by 9jvirgin(m): 7:14pm On Jun 29, 2023
The biggest mistake of my life was supporting the evil satan called Buhari. I made enemies with anyone who opposed him. I will forever live with this regret sadly. Now we have a country that is eternally doomed with fraudnubu with no remedy on sight, sadly!

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by Flets: 7:14pm On Jun 29, 2023
Tinubu is in desperate search for money and won’t mind grounding everything to achieve his aim.

Anyone who was wondering why the data protection bill was one of Tinubu’s first bills, this is the reason.

The data protection is not the interest, the so-called fines on the banks is the target. There might actually be a push to take over these banks in the long haul.

Drug kingpins are mean, inconsiderate and only loyal to the cartel. Make of this what you will but very applicable to today’s Nigeria.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by Wealthoptulent(m): 7:14pm On Jun 29, 2023
GT ke.. aah!
I am in sefiaa pain oo grin
Na u I trusted with my NAIRA OO, e be like say I go dey hold body n use TAP TAP or LEMONADE wen set.. before GT sell me out to CLEARING N FOWARDING boys.. grin
Kim Ticket is no 2m .... I no wan dey write CBN abegi

FIDELITY from the Name na INFIDELITY
E no shock me grin
My friend (kola) that owns that BANK account , I told him the day he gave me the AZA, no wonder u are VERY PROMISCUOUS in nature... cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by EniHolar(f): 7:14pm On Jun 29, 2023
She na only data? angry
Re: Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by tamdun: 7:14pm On Jun 29, 2023
Good,a strange number will call u and start telling everything about you and you'll be wondering how d fvck did a stranger know so much about you

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by TooMuchStuff: 7:15pm On Jun 29, 2023
Walhalla....

NDPB is looking for money too....

Tinubu is a Capitalist and Druggie.
Naija people go hear huenn

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by Ambitious21: 7:15pm On Jun 29, 2023
Make I go transfer my money ASAP.

I don't want wahala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by lanre9ja(m): 7:15pm On Jun 29, 2023
I love that

2 Likes

Re: Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by marlow1962(m): 7:15pm On Jun 29, 2023
Ok
Re: Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by magoo10(m): 7:15pm On Jun 29, 2023

6 Likes

Re: Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by Drupzempire: 7:15pm On Jun 29, 2023
Good because this banks the breach data protocols

2 Likes

Re: Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by DONFRANSKID(m): 7:16pm On Jun 29, 2023
Nice one 👍
Re: Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by harsysky(m): 7:16pm On Jun 29, 2023

Naija investigations dey always dey like child's play. More like the movie "baby's day out". They say it out but end up doing nothing. All these ministries are just wasting the countries" money and time.

6 Likes

Re: Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 29, 2023
Everything just dey expensive

1 Like

Re: Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by 001Lagos: 7:17pm On Jun 29, 2023
Online loan companies won't like this

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by Bullhari: 7:17pm On Jun 29, 2023
How did this make front page with less than 10 comments? angry angry sad sad

1 Like

Re: Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by Primusinterpares(m): 7:17pm On Jun 29, 2023
Noting will still happy

1 Like

Re: Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by TheTrillionaire: 7:18pm On Jun 29, 2023
These loan apps that calls people should be dealt with.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by GeneralPula: 7:19pm On Jun 29, 2023
Confirm..

3 Likes

Re: Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by kenbee(f): 7:19pm On Jun 29, 2023
When are we going to start hearing good and exciting news from Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by baralatie(m): 7:20pm On Jun 29, 2023
Why access no dey there

3 Likes

Re: Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by yarimo(m): 7:20pm On Jun 29, 2023
magoo10:
EMEFIELE was there former MD what do you expect

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by ClassicMan202(m): 7:21pm On Jun 29, 2023
Fv
Re: Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by bewla(m): 7:21pm On Jun 29, 2023
Ole gbogbo
Senior Yahoos

1 Like

Re: Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by Helpfromabove1(m): 7:21pm On Jun 29, 2023
They too want catch out small

We understand, in Nigeria make use of your opportunities fast as you can before it late

That why one person just enter seat begin to use him chance fast fast because court go say otherwise

1 Like

Re: Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by Helpfromabove1(m): 7:21pm On Jun 29, 2023
So what will be the reward of the complainant Abi na only una go enjoy the settle alone because you can’t jail the bank na money una go collect

1 Like

Re: Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by younig59: 7:22pm On Jun 29, 2023
What about Access bank which is the den of 419ers...please guys if you meet people online or somewhere and want you to send money to their ACCESS bank please think twice before you send it.

5 Likes

Re: Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by bewla(m): 7:22pm On Jun 29, 2023
baralatie:
Why access no dey there
gbam

2 Likes

Re: Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by CartelKenneth: 7:22pm On Jun 29, 2023
Unity Bank still dey??😂😂
Re: Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC by Sektor101(m): 7:23pm On Jun 29, 2023
Nice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Marilyn-Joan Obiora Of Diamond Bank Stole 125 Million Naira / Ifeanyi Ubah Donates N150m To Anambra FA & N100m 2 Ifeanyi Ubah FC(Pix / Union Bank And Zenith Bank Deny Acquisition Rumour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.