Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,362 members, 7,815,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (7683 Views)

The Abuja Forces Behind The Travails Of Emir Sanusi - Thenigerian News / Yahaya Bello Earmarks #200billion For APC Guber Ticket - Thenigerian News / Dino Melaye And Bukola Saraki's Handshake That People Are Talking About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by voltron14: 7:37am On Feb 02, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
Does the US govt shield any of the killers?
Or do American herders trespass into farmers property and slaughter people?

Keep it up, you are too slow to understand what is coming, but everybody else can see it from afar

https://thecitypulsenews.com › senat...
Senate President, Lawan Confirms Central Security System Has Failed In ...

America covers up by claiming shooters to be lone gunmen when they are indeed terrorists.
As such, the general outlook on these terrorists is that they are crazed individuals who need help rather than blood-hungry people motivated by political or religious zeal.

Central security means policing from afar. Appears they have to break everything down to molecular level for you.

Local policing system would be much more effective in a world where people use technology such as mobile phones and vehicles to operate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:48am On Feb 02, 2020
Hahaha
But central security is all you have RIGHT NOW and it has failed, failed right when 4 terrorists organizations are in the country, where 'ex' terrorists have been enbeded in the army, where soldiers shoot at and kill police officers,

All the Senators from the north east are just waking up and crying all over the floor. They can't understand why a country is adopting a defensive position against terrorism groups that have camps.

'Bandits' are killing people right in front of 'lawmen' , it's like a chapter from a book on failed nations.

What is the name of the group of these American terrorists? And have they taken responsibility for the crime on national television? And then left alone by the authorities? Has the US govt asked it's citizens to accept the demands of these terrorists or die?

voltron14:

America covers up by claiming shooters to be lone gunmen when they are indeed terrorists.
As such, the general outlook on these terrorists is that they are crazed individuals who need help rather than blood-hungry people motivated by political or religious zeal.

Central security means policing from afar. Appears they have to break everything down to molecular level for you.

Local policing system would be much more effective in a world where people use technology such as mobile phones and vehicles to operate.

Re: . by Nobody: 7:54am On Feb 02, 2020
I see in this an opportunity for the Nigerian government.

For heavens sake, FIX THE BLOODY COUNTRY!

How hard can that be, really. How hard?

Leadership or governance is not rocket science.

If you are not up to the task, get the fvck out of there.

If there was 24/7 electricity in Nigeria and security of lives and properties, I'm sure more Nigerians would be willing to stay and invest their time, energy and life in that country instead of migrating and facing life as a third class citizen from a third world nation.

FIX THE DAMN COUNTRY!

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 7:58am On Feb 02, 2020
lx3as:
This is a great insult to Nigeria and Black world. As African most populous nation, we're in the same context with India, China, Russia, etc. In about 70 years time, we're projected to be the third most populous nation in the world after China and India. Trump only belittled and disgraced us before committee of nations; I hope our government will also take some measure of ban against Americans.
Wish our nonchalant and inept leaders got balls to retaliate in any form.

The truth is, no one can disgrace you if you haven't first disgraced yourself.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 8:06am On Feb 02, 2020
Vortex369:

Oh shut it. You are so naive. You just acceptes the flimsy reasons at face value. Is Nigeria the only country without statistical databases ? You should use sense sometimes.

When tboze bastards up North burnt US flags and shouted Death to America, I knew Nigeria was going down. And Nigeria deserves what she gets for allowing APC to destroy INEC, the Judiciary and the Legislature. Even governors are removed and cohorts planted.

Nigeria is pregnant with problem. America is just closing her border against you retards.

Oh, I didn't know that PDP did a wonderful job during its 16 years of merry-go-round rulership.

In fact, PDP never rigged elections, never intimidated opposition, never used the judiciary and legislative arms of government like its errand boys, never condoned violence, strengthened the institutions of democracy so much that it only took 5 years and 2 elections for the APC to destroy everything PDP did for us.

Well done ma,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by id911(m): 8:13am On Feb 02, 2020
Some people here in Nigeria would protest and set fire on American flags and says 'Death to America' whenever American has issues or trying to destroy terrorists elsewhere. The Nigerian government has never issued any statement dissociating themselves from the protesters which means they are subtly in support. Couple with homegrown terrorists killing Nigerians on daily basis while the government doesn't care. The few ones arrested are later let go and even recruited into the Army.

Which serious foreign government wouldn't act?
Re: . by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 02, 2020
This is what northern Nigeria has caused.
Let us divide this fvcking country
Re: . by voltron14: 8:22am On Feb 02, 2020
id911:
Some people here in Nigeria would protest and set fire on American flags and says 'Death to America' whenever American has issues or trying to destroy terrorists elsewhere. The Nigerian government has never issued any statement dissociating themselves from the protesters which means they are subtly in support. Couple with homegrown terrorists killing Nigerians on daily basis while the government doesn't care. The few ones arrested are later let go and even recruited into the Army.

How many northerners have you ever come across in the US or its embassies?

2 Likes

Re: . by rummmy: 8:49am On Feb 02, 2020
I must reach America and I will never come back to Nigeria till I'm 100years

1 Like

Re: . by bigpicture001: 8:58am On Feb 02, 2020
lx3as:

In addition, everything about our foreign, economic, military policies, etc. should shift towards Russia, China and Europe. We should build common grounds with India, Brazil, Indonesia, Turkey and other emerging powers.

Even if I hate Nigeria, I can't just imagine some of us celebrating this ban. Trump is acting as racist banning 4 African countries, and the Black Americans seem like cowards.

What does America gain from Nigeria...?
Re: . by id911(m): 9:04am On Feb 02, 2020
voltron14:

How many northerners have you ever come across in the US or its embassies?

Yes o...Since Northerners don't travel abroad, they are free to used terrorism and other issues to deprived others in the south opportunities of traveling abroad while some fools in the South support them.

As enlighten as you are, it's like you don't really know the major reason for the ban. Assuming Nigeria is two countries, i.e. All Northern territories come together and called themselves Arewa Republic and all Southern territories formed another country called let's say Odududelta Republic. Which of these countries do you think Trump ban would affect?
Re: . by seunmohmoh(f): 9:05am On Feb 02, 2020
Mmmm
Re: . by Blackking98(m): 9:20am On Feb 02, 2020
solmus:

lol, Nigeria a terrorist country... you people just hate yourself, and think low of yourself

Americans have the record of the highest killing of unarmed civillians and not Nigeria, americans killed innocent people in syria , iraq , libya , vetnam , hiroshima, even inside american terroritory they engage in mass shooting in schools , police kills blacks,. yet you have the mouth to call Nigerians terrorist how laughable

Half of you people havent steped out of our shores and thats the reason why you dont understand racism, and as christian white supremacist have brainwashed you with a white Jesus from movies and fictional posters, they have brain washed you using hollywood movies to project themselves as gods

Please can you give us a link to verify where you got this beer parlor information from? You are another zombie who's name will be sorry very soon. You have Boko Haram, killer herdsmen , gunmen/ bandit running the show and u think your country isn't a terrorist zone? Travel along kaduna Abuja high way please let's see if u will survive since u think your country is safe, to make matters worse some donkey's up North were burning American flags and shouting death to America in a matter thst doesn't concern them. America has an active leader and government and they don't play games with their citizens, small south Africa is Killin Nigerians on a monthly basis and all our president could do is set up committee and send delegation, if any country or terror group wants to cease to exist they should try rubbish with American citizens or threaten their home land and see what will happen, u think every president is dull like our own? Trump is just taking protective measures, and as usual what has Buhari done about the ban? He set up committee as usual, deal with insecurity and all the rubbish this government has brought on us and watch that ban get lifted
Re: . by solmus: 9:22am On Feb 02, 2020
Blackking98:

Please can you give us a link to verify where you got this beer parlor information from? You are another zombie who's name will be sorry very soon. You have Boko Haram, killer herdsmen , gunmen/ bandit running the show and u think your country isn't a terrorist zone? Travel along kaduna Abuja high way please let's see if u will survive since u think your country is safe, to make matters worse some donkey's up North were burning American flags and shouting death to America in a matter thst doesn't concern them. America has an active leader and government and they don't play games with their citizens, small south Africa is Killin Nigerians on a monthly basis and all our president could do is set up committee and send delegation, if any country or terror group wants to cease to exist they should try rubbish with American citizens or threaten their home land and see what will happen, u think every president is dull like our own? Trump is just taking protective measures, and as usual what has Buhari done about the ban? He set up committee as usual, deal with insecurity and all the rubbish this government has brought on us and watch that ban get lifted

most of you blindly use your hate on Buhari to justify hate on Nigeria, that is sad and myopic for a human to actually reason along such line

who told you as we speak US isnt having secuirity crisis and gun violence far outweighting what we have in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: . by Olominira(m): 9:27am On Feb 02, 2020
lx3as:

Some of you are very very unpatriotic and just funny. That you hate Buhari couple with his poor performance in some aspects doesn't give support for this ban. India has had some bad leaders recently but they were not banned; most terrorism on US soil were carried out by citizens of Saudi Arabia but they were not banned. Some of you celebrating Trump need to visit other countries and see how they value their own. Iran and Iraq people have issues with their leadership but rallied together to protest against what they see as foreign aggression.
Do you think most people that travel to US are Buhari's people? He will leave that position less than 4 year but the nation will continue until we're ready to put an end to it. For now this is our country and we should not accept this racism and insult just like that; we're not just other country, God has made us African most populous nation.
stop responding to the depressed on public forum. Some of them are frustrated and lost their dignity and purpose

2 Likes

Re: . by Blackking98(m): 9:35am On Feb 02, 2020
solmus:

most of you blindly use your hate on Buhari to justify hate on Nigeria, that is sad and myopic for a human to actually reason along such line

who told you as we speak US isnt having secuirity crisis and gun violence far outweighting what we have in Nigeria
Oga you're yet to answer my questions, firstly send a link to those claim's you made about America. Secondly, before Buhari your Lord and savior became president, Boko Haram was the only major headache we had, now fulani herdsmen and gunmen/bandits have joined the fray, they were here before but weren't even so noticeable, now they even commit worse atrocities than Boko Haram, do u see that as an improvement or the change u voted for? Thirdly are you seriously comparing our situation with America? The best economy and military power in the world? The same way you're comparing the insecurity situation of our country with America I hope you won't start crying when I compare our economic, infrastructural and human development under Buhari your king to that of America under Trump of which u despise so much? Below is a screenshot which opposes that rubbish you just said about America being more insecure than Nigeria, I argue with fact and not emotion, I await the link to that beer parlor information you mentioned in your first post about America being terrorist. And as u can see Nigeria is not even a safe place to live in, if u want to argue with me travel along kaduna Abuja high way, if u come back alive I swear I will give u 10k let's bet?

Re: . by ignis: 9:58am On Feb 02, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
The bigger questions is why are Nigerians fulfilled abroad but are being slaughtered and are unemployed back home??

Why do they have so much joy and economic prosperity in the land of strangers but can't travel on the highway in Nigeria?

Everything else is just noise.
If I was trump, I would wonder what type of president would allow his citizens to be slaughtered like cows? And then say he is surprised!

Nigerians should solve their problems themselves.
Re: . by ChybuzzDD(m): 11:26am On Feb 02, 2020
solmus:

lol, Nigeria a terrorist country... you people just hate yourself, and think low of yourself

Americans have the record of the highest killing of unarmed civillians and not Nigeria, americans killed innocent people in syria , iraq , libya , vetnam , hiroshima, even inside american terroritory they engage in mass shooting in schools , police kills blacks,. yet you have the mouth to call Nigerians terrorist how laughable

Half of you people havent steped out of our shores and thats the reason why you dont understand racism, and as christian white supremacist have brainwashed you with a white Jesus from movies and fictional posters, they have brain washed you using hollywood movies to project themselves as gods

Work on your religion and members. I live outside Nigeria, and only very few people have problems with race. Everybody has a problem with members of your religion because of your inclination to and love for terrorism. Your acts are causing the country a big shame and troubles. The only thing keeping the useless country united today is the fact that the Christians are not yet retaliating. If they start doing that, the country will burn to ashes.
Re: . by passion007: 11:52am On Feb 02, 2020
lx3as:

In addition, everything about our foreign, economic, military policies, etc. should shift towards Russia, China and Europe. We should build common grounds with India, Brazil, Indonesia, Turkey and other emerging powers.

Even if I hate Nigeria, I can't just imagine some of us celebrating this ban. Trump is acting as racist banning 4 African countries, and the Black Americans seem like cowards.

That's the arrogance that makes it impossible for anyone to take us seriously. Anyonee would come up with a multiplicity of reasons to get rid of that arrogance, however racist it might appear to you.

People who have only been on short visits to USA are filling social media with frantic news about how Nigerians are taking over in America, bragging we run the show, are most educated and stuff. That's not usually a problem except they go a step further to berate black Americans as lazy, criminal and unmotivated, now you really want them to support your cause. You can't burn bridges when it suits you, then turn around to attempt to curry favours. See what an amazing job Ghana is doing fostering Ghana-USA relations by engendering the Year of Return.

Most recently, on Nairaland's front page of all places, there was a thread berating black americans and many Nigerians only came up to say they're lazy and uninspired, some even said they relate better with white Americans. Well then, there's the face of your white American overlord all over this ban, self-service over it!

You don't hear the more globally successful expatriate groups like the Chinese, the Indians indulge in this arrogance. They would never say an uncomplimentary word about the country that's made them, but in our typical brash abrasiveness, we want to make the money and rub it in their face. Well then, sounds like the rooster has come home to roost, literally.

Now you're wanting to court the BRIC nations and Europe, just be sure to leave your attitude at the door for any chance at success. But also know this travel ban will change other nations foreign relations with Nigeria.
Re: . by 7lives: 1:16pm On Feb 02, 2020
GamalNasser:

Not with a hopeless inept failure of a leader like Buhari

You go just kill yourself with BP, Radarada.
Re: . by citizenY(m): 3:44pm On Feb 02, 2020
sammyj:
Let us look inward and let Nigeria be great again. America is not our father land!! cheesy

Yes.... As in that book , Animal Farm, windmill or no windmill.... America or no America.....
Re: . by olabukola: 3:52pm On Feb 02, 2020
lx3as:

Nigeria is too insignificant to hurt USA. A country that sanctioned China and Russia is what we are talking about. Don't let them turn us to the new Zimbabwean.
Re: . by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 02, 2020
Story cheesy
As far as bubu will stay in Nigeria now i am happy let the morafuger suffer with us cool grin cheesy
Re: . by citizenY(m): 4:01pm On Feb 02, 2020
id911:

Perhaps you have no idea that all the "terrorist" cells were formerly established by the Americans to shield themselves against Russia. Once the "terrorists" wise up, they turn against the Americans.. . Al Qaeda, Bin Ladin, Safddam Hussein,Afghanistan, Gaddafi, etc name them.

Another man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. I detest terrorism in any form and for whatever reason whatsoever.

Just to put the records straight. It is advisable to read between the lines.
Re: . by citizenY(m): 4:31pm On Feb 02, 2020
passion007:

That's the arrogance that makes it impossible for anyone to take us seriously. Anyonee would come up with a multiplicity of reasons to get rid of that arrogance, however racist it might appear to you.

People who have only been on short visits to USA are filling social media with frantic news about how Nigerians are taking over in America, bragging we run the show, are most educated and stuff. That's not usually a problem except they go a step further to berate black Americans as lazy, criminal and unmotivated, now you really want them to support your cause. You can't burn bridges when it suits you, then turn around to attempt to curry favours. See what an amazing job Ghana is doing fostering Ghana-USA relations by engendering the Year of Return.

Most recently, on Nairaland's front page of all places, there was a thread berating black americans and many Nigerians only came up to say they're lazy and uninspired, some even said they relate better with white Americans. Well then, there's the face of your white American overlord all over this ban, self-service over it!

You don't hear the more globally successful expatriate groups like the Chinese, the Indians indulge in this arrogance. They would never say an uncomplimentary word about the country that's made them, but in our typical brash abrasiveness, we want to make the money and rub it in their face. Well then, sounds like the rooster has come home to roost, literally.

Now you're wanting to court the BRIC nations and Europe, just be sure to leave your attitude at the door for any chance at success. But also know this travel ban will change other nations foreign relations with Nigeria.

Oga.... Na village people dey do them. They do the same thing here in Nigeria. Pointing their left finger at their Papa house. You can see it all through this thread.
Re: . by RuggedSniper: 4:41pm On Nov 21, 2020
GermanMelania:
https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/ex57e1/nigerians_are_one_of_americas_best_educated/

Nigerians in the US, as an ethnic group, has the highest percentage of Doctorates in the nation. 7 times higher than whites

Every Nigerian I’ve ever worked with in the US is the happiest person ever. Like, just incredibly positive outlooks on life.

They're like that outside the US too. I'm South African, met a lot of Nigerians in work and life and they're without exception incredibly positive and friendly people.

My wife is Nigerian. I honestly couldn't tell you how many of her family members have master's degrees.

Statistically, Nigerian Americans are a highly successful immigrant group. Not anecdotally. This is relevant because it calls into question the Trump administration’s stated logic, which is that we want to prevent immigrants from taking low income jobs or the immigration of criminals

Just a reminder, the country that most actual terrorists have come from is Saudi Arabia. The current administration tells us time and time again they trust the Saudi government. Makes sense, right?

Sir_Keee3h
Last "terrorist" attack by a non-citizen on US soil was by a Saudi national. And yet not a peep.

Now I'm not saying I'd support a Saudi ban any more than other countries, just that it shows the hypocrisy of the administration. They want to stop non-white immigration and especially Muslim immigration, yet they can't help but bend over to Saudi Arabia.

grin... Nigeria is not a monolitic country, therefore NIGERIANS are not an ethnic group in the U.S.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu Sets Up Panel To Investigate Police Brutality, Extra-Judicial Killings / "I Regret Supporting Subsidy Removal" - Prof Jeffery Sachs / Nigeria Now Kidnap And Ransom Capital Of The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.