Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,976 members, 7,810,706 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! (3980 Views)

9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities / Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria / Hnd Is Now B.tech Degree In All Nigerian Polytechnics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by desorlah(f): 5:58pm On May 31, 2007
I just completed my One year Industrial Training, finished my OND last year from The Federal polytechnic Ilaro.

I'm confused with the whole issue, pls anyone who knows what is going on with Nigerian Poytechnics should please tell me the next step to take 'cos schools are not selling HND form again and i dont know if i should purchase the D.E form.

And anyone who knows NECO's Address in lagos should pls reply this.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by ishmael(m): 6:28am On Jun 01, 2007
Better buy a D.E. form. Polytechnic lecturers are not happy with the last reforms carried out so they are saying NO to it.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by desorlah(f): 8:54am On Jun 01, 2007
Thanks Ishmael, so are u saying the HND cannot be scrapped? and What happens to the present ND 2 Students.

May God help us oo!!!
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by ishmael(m): 1:06pm On Jun 01, 2007
desorlah:

Thanks Ishmael, so are u saying the HND cannot be scrapped? and What happens to the present ND 2 Students.

May God help us oo!!!

I did not say so. But some Nigerians are against it. NDII students should go ahead and buy D.E. forms thats all.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by macgozy(m): 4:09pm On Jun 01, 2007
I AM AS CONFUSED AS YOU ARE KNOWING THAT THE EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM IN OUR COUNTRY IS FAST GOING DOWN THE DRAIN, MY SCHOOL THEY ARE SELLING SOME FORMS BUT I DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE IT IS. THERE HAS BEEN RUMORS OF POLYTECHNICS BEEN MERGED WITH UNI BUT I'VE NOT SEEN ANY POSITIVE OUTCOME YET.

LETS KEEP OUR FINGERS CROSSED AND HOPE THEY DON'T TOY WITH OUR FUTURE IN THE NAME OF REFORMS
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by ishmael(m): 4:44pm On Jun 01, 2007
I have not heard anything serious or positive about the merger and scrapping of HND again. I don't know how serious dey are about it sha.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by desorlah(f): 12:11pm On Jun 02, 2007
Macgozy, which school are u talking about and why dont you find out what the form is all about.

Pls, keep me informed.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by kunzydot(m): 12:50pm On Jun 04, 2007
Hi Desolarh,

I will advise u to go and obtain a De form to be on a safe side after which u can keep an eye and hear on any development on the HNd stuff. Candidly, my advice is that u obtain a DE form and preferably continue ur studies in the uni.I also finished from that stressful ilaro.Though products of ilaro are always good but pple do not want to listen to that outside. Desola,pls ensure u go for Bsc and not HND for future purpose.I know what I am facing as a polytechnic graduate (hnd). I hope this helps.kunzy
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by desorlah(f): 7:45pm On Jun 04, 2007
Thanks Everyone, i'll try to get the D.E form, but the problem i'm having now is that i dont want to leave my present job and i dont think there's D.E for part-timers.

pls tell me what u think i can do. Do i need to start from the scratch?
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by dominobaby(f): 9:54pm On Jun 04, 2007
What scratch do you want to start from again? Your best bet is to get a DE form, or better still if money is more important, continue your work untill you're ready to get back to school or again, get a part time form from year one.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by ishmael(m): 2:15pm On Jun 05, 2007
We don't even know what is happening to polytechnics now; i advice everyone that obtained ND from the polytechnic to apply for a D.E in the university because we don't know if HND programs will continue in the polytechnics or if the new BTech will start soon. Government are keeping quiet and making people to be more confused.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by kunzydot(m): 10:11am On Jun 07, 2007
Desolarh, the ball is in ur cot. U either obtain a part time form n stat 4rm yr 1 or u quit ur job n face ur studies squarely.At ds jncture,u r d decisn maker.Mak wateva decisn u fil suits u.cheers.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by desorlah(f): 10:18am On Jun 07, 2007
Thanks everyone.  I think i'll go for the part time programme and start from year1.

any clue of institution selling part-time form now? pls keep me informed o.

@kunzydot, when did u graduate from ilaro?
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by kunzydot(m): 10:19am On Jun 07, 2007
I graduated last year (2006).
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by desorlah(f): 10:22am On Jun 07, 2007
what departement.

Are u not serving?
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by kunzydot(m): 10:30am On Jun 07, 2007
I finished from the marketing department,and i am presently serving in lagos state.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by desorlah(f): 10:36am On Jun 07, 2007
ok.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by kunzydot(m): 10:45am On Jun 07, 2007
desola,where are u doing ur it
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by desorlah(f): 1:42pm On Jun 07, 2007
I did 7 months I.T in an andit firm on Allen.

Presently, i'm working with an oil and gas company somewhere on opebi.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by kunzydot(m): 12:01pm On Jun 08, 2007
No wonder u do not want to leave.Anyway, u can obtain a part time form. But mind u, u will av to devote more time to combine the two.Think twice and make a good choice.Wish u the very best of luck.Cheers!
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by desorlah(f): 12:51pm On Jun 08, 2007
Thanks.

Please always keep me informed of any part-time form on sale.
I'ld prefer an institution right here in lagos.

Remain Blessed.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by Harlex(m): 3:22am On Jun 09, 2007
i think you can get a part-time form from lagos state university in any of their external campuses, and you don't have to start from 100 level, with a upper credit lasu will surely offer you an admission to start from 200l.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by manoy(m): 2:20am On Jun 10, 2007
Desorlah,
Try schools abroad with ur ND now.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by desorlah(f): 8:39am On Jun 11, 2007
Harlex:

i think you can get a part-time form from lagos state university in any of their external campuses, and you don't have to start from 100 level, with a upper credit lasu will surely offer you an admission to start from 200l.

Thnx Alex, do u know if the part-time form is presently on sale, if not pls, let me know whenever its available. I'm interested in that.

manoy:

Desorlah,
Try schools abroad with your ND now.

Manoy, schools abroad? Abeg give me full gist.

Thanks
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by manoy(m): 10:16pm On Jun 11, 2007
lll
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by ishmael(m): 2:07pm On Jun 12, 2007
I learnt they have paused the abolishment of HND in nigerian polytechnics. that means ND students can still apply and go for their HND. inconsistencies in our system in nigeria, na wa oo.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by desorlah(f): 2:13pm On Jun 12, 2007
ishmael:

I learnt they have paused the abolishment of HND in nigerian polytechnics. that means ND students can still apply and go for their HND. inconsistencies in our system in nigeria, na wa oo.

That would be serious o
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 12, 2007
@ desorlah
yeah, it's advisable to proceed to Lagos state unitversity with an upper class and begin from 200L.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by desorlah(f): 5:07pm On Jun 12, 2007
yeankah:

@ desorlah
yeah, it's advisable to proceed to Lagos state unitversity with an upper class and begin from 200L.

yeankah, pls let me know whenever the form is out. i read something like e-learning on their website (i mean lasu) do u know anything about it? from what i read, its operated like a normal part-time programme (uses the same timetable and calendar with part-time) the only difference is the lecture being received online. let me know if you have the details.

cheers.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by Hndholder(m): 10:33am On Jun 14, 2007
Polytechnic was not for HND but ND. It is AT LEAST one year working experiece not IT.
So manage HND for future stress

South Africa left this Idea of HND in 2000

National Diploma Programmes meeting the Educational Requirements
towards Registration as Professional Engineering Technicianand
Masters Diploma in Technology offered up to 1996 and Bachelor of Technology Degree Programmes meeting the Educational Requirements towards Registration as Professional Engineering Technologist
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by desorlah(f): 11:07am On Jun 14, 2007
Hnd-holder:

Polytechnic was not for HND but ND. It is AT LEAST one year working experiece not IT.
So manage HND for future stress

South Africa left this Idea of HND in 2000

National Diploma Programmes meeting the Educational Requirements
towards Registration as Professional Engineering Technicianand
Masters Diploma in Technology offered up to 1996 and Bachelor of Technology Degree Programmes meeting the Educational Requirements towards Registration as Professional Engineering Technologist

Please, Expatiate this
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by Hndholder(m): 11:27am On Jun 14, 2007
You are very lucky now. If you want better carrier progression. Go to University now.
HND is just a stop gap. No longer available in so many countries of the world.

HND is a stressful qualification that will make your Junior your senior later in future.

Polytechnic was to produce ND only.

HND is like you can not go further in academic you decided to end your carrier as a Middle level Professional

(1) (2) (Reply)

Safe And Unsafe Period In D Menstral Circle / Government College Ughelli Old Boys (1990 - 95 & Oleh House Mariners) / About & History of West African Examinations Council (WAEC) - 2017/2018/2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.