Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,901 members, 7,810,461 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! (3979 Views)

9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities / Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria / Hnd Is Now B.tech Degree In All Nigerian Polytechnics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by desorlah(f): 11:33am On Jun 14, 2007
Thanks for this piece of Advice.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by terry89(m): 7:47pm On Jun 15, 2007
What the last person said is just the plane truth of the whole issue.
Just better follow am ohhhhh!!.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by desorlah(f): 7:53pm On Jun 15, 2007
Thanks Terry
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by ethereal(f): 4:10pm On Jun 17, 2007
the situation of our poly is realy disheartng .i finished my OND in 2004,did my IT my mum's shop 4 two yrs ,hoping to travell abroad.which also did not work out.Anyway decided that the hard way is still d only way.wrote the just concluded jamb,passed and waiting 4 d post ume forms 4 DELSU and AWKA.pls keep me posted .
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by Hndholder(m): 8:39am On Jun 18, 2007
What ethereal did was never IT is is a working experience.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by desorlah(f): 1:46pm On Jun 18, 2007
Just got a gist from a friend that Yar Adua wants the re-structuring to hold on for some time, that polytechnics should continue with their HND for the mean-time, How true is that?
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by Hndholder(m): 4:08pm On Jun 18, 2007
You may go to this thread  for HND problems
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-134.192.html
FG suspends scrapping of HND programme
By Jude Owuamanam, JosPublished: Tuesday, 12 Jun 2007
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20070612451185

The Federal Government has suspended the scrapping of higher national diploma programme in Nigerian polytechnics.The National Publicity Secretary of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, Mr. Victor Dawurung, told our correspondent in Jos on Monday that the decision to suspend the cancellation of the programme was received by the union from the Federal Ministry of Education last week.He said the decision was conveyed to the National Board for Technical Education through a letter with reference number DHE/POLY/53/CI/V.II/266 and signed by the acting Director, Tertiary Education, Dr. Jamila Shu‘ara, on behalf of the former Minister of Education, Dr. Sayyadi Abba Ruma.Dawurung said the Federal Government had stated in the letter that the decision to suspend the action was due to the proposed consolidation of federal polytechnics and the colleges of education.He said the former minister had explained that the decision to scrap the HND programme was wrongly taken because the consolidation required the enactment of an enabling law through the National Assembly.The ASUU secretary, therefore, advised all stakeholders to await the completion of all legislative process.Dawurung said the union had decided to reopen negotiations with the Federal Government on the September 2001 agreement, which was suspended as a result of the union‘s objection to the scrapping of the programme.He said the renegotiation of the agreement was scheduled for June 18 to 21.Dawurung said that the meeting would address the disparity between polytechnics and universities, funding and running of degree programmes by the polytechnics.He added that other issues in the 2001 agreement including the setting up of the National Polytechnics Commission, enhanced salary for chief lecturers and retirement age for polytechnic teachers would be discussed.Dawurung said the union also intended to reach a new agreement on the new consolidated tertiary institution salary structure.The former agreement was rejected because it lumped together academic and non-academic staff.While commending the Federal Government for bringing sanity to polytechnics, Dawurung said by the decision, the admission of prospective students into the HND programme in polytechnics would continue.

This is what I read just pending the time the house pass the law. Not yar'adua
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by desorlah(f): 7:33pm On Jun 18, 2007
Thanks Hnd-Holder, now i have a clearer view of what it is.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by ishmael(m): 2:02pm On Jun 19, 2007
Don't allow anybody decieve you; Go ahead and do a Bachelor's Degree course, don't go close to any thing HND else you will regret being a Nigerian in future.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by Hndholder(m): 2:04pm On Jun 19, 2007
Let her try it now she might be lucky like me and you. Who knows
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by desorlah(f): 2:11pm On Jun 19, 2007
Thanks everyone, i think a word is enough for the wise, with everything you've all said, the ball is in my court.

By the way, do anyone know of a centre or school where i can learn french and spanish, i stay at ikeja and i'll prefer if it is closer to my side.
I intend going for my BSc and LASU but it seems they just resumed a session now, meaning i'll have to wait till next session, i dnt want to waste the whole year thats why i'm planning to go for french or spanish class.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by Hndholder(m): 2:16pm On Jun 19, 2007
You can write to seun. Our nairaland landlord I am sure he will assist you. Regards
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by desorlah(f): 2:18pm On Jun 19, 2007
How do i get him?
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by Hndholder(m): 2:22pm On Jun 19, 2007
Seun Osewa

Approach him kindly and be soft in your words Sure he has network that will be of help.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by desorlah(f): 2:26pm On Jun 19, 2007
Thanks so much, i'll send him a mail now
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by hasnet: 10:32am On Aug 10, 2007
pls does anyne has any idea about HOUDEGBE NORTH AMERICAN UNIVERSITY?

AM CONFUSED IT SHOULD NOT BE A Bleep UP MLIKE AMBRUSE ALI UNIVERSITY,
IF NOT 4 DIS HND WAHALA SEF
WETIN PERSON DEY FIND 4 SKOOL AGAIN APART FROMMASTERS PROG,
ABEG ANY INFO ABT DAT SKOOL?
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by Hndholder(m): 12:46pm On Aug 10, 2007
What!
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by ishmael(m): 10:19am On Aug 11, 2007
HND is for old people. If you are still young go ahead and do a Bachelor's Degree program.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Polytechnics! by Hndholder(m): 2:10pm On Aug 13, 2007
HND is talakawa certificate. No parent will allow his children to go there.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Government College Ughelli Old Boys (1990 - 95 & Oleh House Mariners) / What Do A.m. And P.m. Stand For? / (photo) What Happens When You Use Your School Fees For Ultimate Cycler.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.