Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) (139308 Views)

List Of States Where Okada And Keke Are Banned Or Restricted / Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? / Man Killed By Okada In Anambra Few Days To Okada Ban - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by DAVE5(m): 9:41am On Feb 02, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
These keke people were a total and complete Nuisance. They constituted a whole lot of mess in Lagos.

Does Okada ride in Tokyo, Japan, Beijing, Berlin or New York?

Even, is Okada in Onitsha? Why would Okada be allowed in Ikeja the seat of government?

For those saying crime rate will increase, thats unless Lagos state government is clueless and stuppid. Sanwo Olu is smart though as far as I know and a very hardworking governor. You can deny this if you want... But the heavy volume of work going on Lagos roads speaks for itself.

Obiano the drunkard banned Okada in Anambra. Did heavens fall? Rochas even went to the extent of banning keke in the entire state. Did crime rate increase? Was okada not banned in Nnewi even with the rate of billionaire Okada importers from that axis? Did anybody die?

What most of you don't know is that Nigeriens, Chadians, Sudanese, Malians and Somalians took over South West without anybody knowing! It was gradual, crude and definite.... But they were almost succeeding before I believe Sanwo Olu stepped in. At a time, I was asking myself if there is no regulatory body managing these people in Lagos anymore.

They virtually took over Lagos with there stuppid, crazy and mannerless style of driving. They felt like Lords of the city and if you try to caution them, they will bow there heads in foolishness to thank you. But in there hearts, they were calling you Mumu after scratching your car.

What is Keke doing in Victoria Island? Who even brought this useless contraption to Nigeria? India that manufactures these nonsense made moves to regulate them.

Google Indian roads and see how organized keke driving is. But in Lagos, its madness! They will keep on creating multiple lanes that cause traffic, scratching peoples car with no mercy, hitting pedestrians with reckless abandon while using there Okada and useless keke to rob at night!

I ask again, is Lagos no longer a city? Why is there no Okada in Tokyo, Japan, Beijing, Berlin, Stuttgart, Dubai, Osaka, Chicago or New York?

Sanwo Olu if you are reading this, its not much about making these laws. Its about enacting and enforcing these laws! Enforce the ban and see sanity return to Lagos!

cc

In Tokyo, Japan, Beijing, Berlin, New York and every other developed nation, they have multiple transportation systems, that way, no sane citizen would opt for a bike knowing it's dangers

(Modified: previously wrote would not opt for, typing error)

Nigeria has no good transport system, the citizens are the ones catering to their transport challenges

When brt was introduced, it reduced some burden, brt is not enough, check the number of people at brt stations day in day out

Well Monday would tell the difference on us

In fact Nigeria has no infrastructure whatsoever, the citizens provide for all their need whne the government should be doing so

Below are some public transport systems in those countries you mentioned, I've only seen them on internet or movies or tv because I've not traveled out of Nigeria before, not even Ghana

Must I travel to outside before I can use such...

BTW, it's not a one man project, they're government projects, that way my car can chill at home except when I really feel like driving

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by sisisioge: 9:43am On Feb 02, 2020
membranus:

That's why I said prison awaits them. They will learn their lessons there.

Don't give criminals and terrorists space in the cities. They will take your peace away.

Do you live in Lagos? How many pick pockets have they caught around you? Is the no of people in naija prison at par with the bloated no of crimes committed ? You are apparently sheltered! These criminals are barely caught! Ask the victims!
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by udemzyudex(m): 9:43am On Feb 02, 2020
Ttipsy:
ehyae... take heart. it's well brother

It is well with your soul brother.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by voltron14: 9:43am On Feb 02, 2020
sisisioge:

kiss kiss kiss kiss

Thank you o omoge...I made the mistake of going out yesterday. Oregun to Ojota only...it wasn't easy. I just wonder how tomorrow will be. It is well.

Oregon to Ojota that some of us have slapped with vigour in days gone by.

Time was when you could find cab services at the parks on the right hand side on your way to Oregun from Ojota and I'm sure they still operate there.

Buses run that route and Okadas would not be the means of navigating that terrain.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by ProWalker: 9:44am On Feb 02, 2020
Raalsalghul:

I'm telling you my sister, most folks will get to work late tomorrow.

Imagine the number of folks that stood at bus-stops yesterday on a weekend. shocked

Never thought I would say this, but we need those bikes/keke, at least until they're willing to improve on transport infrastructure and facilities; one of such is the railway. angry

Shut up!!! We don’t need and want okada in Lagos.

If I were to be the governor, it would have been total and complete ban of okada in Lagos

Lagos don’t need people like you than are more interested in personal convenience than the good, security and safety of the majority

All your noise boils down to your own personal convenience

2 Likes

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by udemzyudex(m): 9:45am On Feb 02, 2020
DAVE5:

In Tokyo, Japan, Beijing, Berlin, New York and every other developed nation, they have multiple transportation systems, that way, no sane citizen would not opt for a bike knowing it's dangers

Nigeria has no good transport system, the citizens are the ones catering to their transport challenges

When brt was introduced, it reduced some burden, brt is not enough, check the number of people at brt stations day in day out

Well Monday would tell the difference on us

In fact Nigeria has no infrastructure whatsoever, the citizens provide for all their need whne the government should be doing so

Ignore that man, some of them will just wake up and start posting trash thinking they are making sense.

2 Likes

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Coolcalmcollect(m): 9:46am On Feb 02, 2020
Sparkle777:
As much as I feel bad for those whose source of incomes and livelihood were abruptly stopped. Let safety be our watchword, a clear number of them are not even Nigerians. These ppl are dangerous, some are even boko haram spies sent to monitor and learn the city. If u ever applauded Amotekun,then this should be supported. It's such a horrible thing that the Fed Govt ignores massive pleas about our lack of safety. My only prayers is for a better alternative to come fast and soon.
you go trek tire, you're talking as if you've never had to take a bike to meet up an appointment... no worry sebi your car naim dey make you jam talk. when you miss flight cos of ikeja airport traffic or miss contract your eyes go clear.

2 Likes

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by sisisioge: 9:49am On Feb 02, 2020
voltron14:

Oregon to Ojota that some of us have slapped with vigour in days gone by.

Time was when you could find cab services at the parks on the right hand side on your way to Oregun from Ojota and I'm sure they still operate there.

Buses run that route and Okadas would not be the means of navigating that terrain.

Daddy, I was gentle trying to tell you that the times have changed...that same stretch is not practical for a young woman that works and resume by 8am in Lekki to trek every time she goes or comes back from work. She would have to set out by 4am to walk the 1 hr trek to Ojota , then join her bus to meet up at work by 8am. Also, the taxis are still there but expensive plus they aren't just enough for the no of passengers available to take them. They should provide an alternate means of transportation for us biko.

2 Likes

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by bluecircle470: 9:49am On Feb 02, 2020
samtol4:
do you alternative jobs for the okada drivers ? Pray idle minds don't engage in crime for survival

And they will die
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Hennyola(m): 9:50am On Feb 02, 2020
How can one get to Oregun from Ikeja?

Anyone?
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 9:50am On Feb 02, 2020
Dizzyrascal:
understand me, I am not talking about the ban, it is long overdue. I am only talking about the alternatives. That is where we always get it wrong...if you say a man should not feed his family this way, what then does he do? That is my point....

What of the Lagosians that use their services what are the alternatives for them too...or dont they deserve consideration? This is the part of policy formulation that we always get wrong

I quite understand you but we’re in a democracy. Majority rules.

2 Likes

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Raalsalghul: 9:50am On Feb 02, 2020
ProWalker:

Without apapa on the list, the policy would be meaningless to many of us

That is the epicenter of the okada madness, that is where the okada thugs killed LASTMA officials last time, that is the place the okada drivers will cause a mob at the slightest excuse, that is the headquarters of the Nigeriens okada riders in Lagos constituting nuisance from Central Avenue to Kogi Abayomi, from Area B to Wharf Road.

Okada is counter productive to the security and well being of Lagos

What alternatives did they provide?

You just decided to attack the Okada riders and leave out the container/tanker drivers who can constitute same nuisance as well.

Or do you want to tell me we've not had some deaths as a result of reckless truckers, why haven't they placed a ban on them too?

Abeg your own no follow, apart from wharf to liverpool and back, propose how someone would be able to move from warehouse road to GRA without private transport.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Amanda4life: 9:50am On Feb 02, 2020
Its nice.

But crime may increase.

At least Lagos has been the most peacful among the mega cities we have in Nigeria. But from now I don't know.

Just know that if one road closes another opens.

Maybe good road or bad road.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Raalsalghul: 9:53am On Feb 02, 2020
ProWalker:

Shut up!!! We don’t need and want okada in Lagos.

If I were to be the governor, it would have been total and complete ban of okada in Lagos

Lagos don’t need people like you than are more interested in personal convenience that the good, security and safety of the majority

All your noise boils down to your own personal convenience

How old are you?

My bad, thought I was conversing with an adult. sad
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 02, 2020
Amanda4life:
Its nice.

But crime may increase.

At least Lagos has been the most peacful among the mega cities we have in Nigeria. But from now I don't know.

Just know that if one road closes another opens.

Maybe good road or bad road.
Shoot the criminals at sight.
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Sotland: 9:57am On Feb 02, 2020
You snapped on Sunday that the road is usually like this and then want people to believe it actually will be this way on working days?

Okada banned in Nnewi?.. This is a misinformation.. How can okada be ban in a place where every household owns one?? This part of your article is mis information... Be guided

2 Likes

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Amanda4life: 9:57am On Feb 02, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Maybe there s need to invest more on arms for security personels
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Amanda4life: 9:58am On Feb 02, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Maybe there s need to invest more on arms for security personels.

Mchew
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Raalsalghul: 9:58am On Feb 02, 2020
Coolcalmcollect:

you go trek tire, you're talking as if you've never had to take a bike to meet up an appointment... no worry sebi your car naim dey make you jam talk. when you miss flight cos of ikeja airport traffic or miss contract your eyes go clear.
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bros, them know know nothing.
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by dazzlingd(m): 9:59am On Feb 02, 2020
TheMan3:
you guys make a mistake of putting beauty of environment as priority as against humanity. What happens to the families of the millions that has just been rendered jobless by this small move? Do you know how many children that will drop out of school because of this?

Let's have love of humanity in our hearts first before anything. Nobody will love to do okada or Keke work everyday if they have jobs.

If we are to compare Lagos with Tokyo and newyork, does Lagos have well organised subway system? Are there functional high speed trains? What about monorails and trams? Are there jobs? What about social security, access to credit and business support system?

Bottom line, before the government brings a policy that will in one swoop render over a million people jobless, they should ensure the society is working.

These people are trying against all odds to put food of their table, and the same government that destroyed the society is still the same one opposing them. This Is sad.

Dont put beauty of the state before humanity.

You have a serious problem and u dont know it...
U must be a very dirty and disorganized person...
Enemy of sanity...

Yeye talk.

Humanity is about organisation and sanity not a chaotic world

2 Likes

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by ProWalker: 10:00am On Feb 02, 2020
Raalsalghul:

How old are you?

My bad, thought I was conversing with an adult. sad

You don’t need to be old but stupid like you to understand the place of welfare, security, safety and the good over all above individual convenience.

We gave up our own family house so that a road can be expanded, that is sacrifice, not ranting here on NL because the govt enacted a well thought out policy that will inconvenient you and your kind

If you are not comfortable, you can either approach a court tmr to overrule the govt or ship your ass out of the state to your okada loving state

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 02, 2020
Amanda4life:

Maybe there s need to invest more on arms for security personels

We have enough.
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 02, 2020
ProWalker:

You don’t need to be old but stupid like you to understand the place of welfare, security, safety and the good over all above individual convenience.

We gave up our own family house so that a road can be expanded, that is sacrifice, not ranting here on NL because the govt enacted a well thought out policy that will inconvenient you and your kind
Don't mind that selfish somebody
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Neddstark: 10:02am On Feb 02, 2020
sisisioge:

Abi o. We are the real Lagosian who get burnt at all levels because of this new policy. Apparently, they didn't do any feasibility study!

1. No means of transportation for us.

2. The high crime rates will also in our backyards because the same people who decided to create sudden thousands of unemployment are fortified by the few real police we have. Who will one chance rub? Whose house are petty armrobbers coming to? Whose bags/phones get snatched on the roads? Well, I hope this impending menace get shared round!

It is well...we will soon all leave them to manage their country. Once God blesses me enough to escape this helllhole, I ain't coming back fa...my Children will not be unfortunate to live naija!

I understand you. Next few years they will be giving us reasons why they should be voted. Well they will still rig in their favour. Nigerian situation is sad though.
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by ignis: 10:04am On Feb 02, 2020
Larryfest:
Lagos will be a bit traffic free and decent.. Those bikes are nuisance to the road but they should have left keke at least push them to the garage for easy mobility.

Exactly
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by aimuan(m): 10:05am On Feb 02, 2020
TheMan3:
you guys make a mistake of putting beauty of environment as priority as against humanity. What happens to the families of the millions that has just been rendered jobless by this small move? Do you know how many children that will drop out of school because of this?

Let's have love of humanity in our hearts first before anything. Nobody will love to do okada or Keke work everyday if they have jobs.

If we are to compare Lagos with Tokyo and newyork, does Lagos have well organised subway system? Are there functional high speed trains? What about monorails and trams? Are there jobs? What about social security, access to credit and business support system?

Bottom line, before the government brings a policy that will in one swoop render over a million people jobless, they should ensure the society is working.

These people are trying against all odds to put food of their table, and the same government that destroyed the society is still the same one opposing them. This Is sad.

Dont put beauty of the state before humanity.
The most sensible comment so far..God bless you bro..

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by toprealman: 10:05am On Feb 02, 2020
Still looks very gloomy.
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by tiredoflife(m): 10:05am On Feb 02, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
These keke people were a total and complete Nuisance. They constituted a whole lot of mess in Lagos.

Does Okada ride in Tokyo, Japan, Beijing, Berlin or New York?

Even, is Okada in Onitsha? Why would Okada be allowed in Ikeja the seat of government?

For those saying crime rate will increase, thats unless Lagos state government is clueless and stuppid. Sanwo Olu is smart though as far as I know and a very hardworking governor. You can deny this if you want... But the heavy volume of work going on Lagos roads speaks for itself.

Obiano the drunkard banned Okada in Anambra. Did heavens fall? Rochas even went to the extent of banning keke in the entire state. Did crime rate increase? Was okada not banned in Nnewi even with the rate of billionaire Okada importers from that axis? Did anybody die?

What most of you don't know is that Nigeriens, Chadians, Sudanese, Malians and Somalians took over South West without anybody knowing! It was gradual, crude and definite.... But they were almost succeeding before I believe Sanwo Olu stepped in. At a time, I was asking myself if there is no regulatory body managing these people in Lagos anymore.

They virtually took over Lagos with there stuppid, crazy and mannerless style of driving. They felt like Lords of the city and if you try to caution them, they will bow there heads in foolishness to thank you. But in there hearts, they were calling you Mumu after scratching your car.

What is Keke doing in Victoria Island? Who even brought this useless contraption to Nigeria? India that manufactures these nonsense made moves to regulate them.

Google Indian roads and see how organized keke driving is. But in Lagos, its madness! They will keep on creating multiple lanes that cause traffic, scratching peoples car with no mercy, hitting pedestrians with reckless abandon while using there Okada and useless keke to rob at night!

I ask again, is Lagos no longer a city? Why is there no Okada in Tokyo, Japan, Beijing, Berlin, Stuttgart, Dubai, Osaka, Chicago or New York?

Sanwo Olu if you are reading this, its not much about making these laws. Its about enacting and enforcing these laws! Enforce the ban and see sanity return to Lagos!

cc

Okada is not in Tokyo
New york
Dubai
Stuttgart
Because they have a well planned transportation system
There is rail.
Which is the most important way to move a huge chunk of people on land
Do u have that in lagos
Okada became necessary cos of the bad roads and traffic
Lagos has been building rails since 2007
Till date
Nothing to show for it
They keep shifting the goal post
To 2023
Is that when a modern city is suppose to have rail
Stop defending rubbish.
Okada and keke have their faults
So does any system that became a necessity when the desirable is not available but they save us time and money
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 10:05am On Feb 02, 2020
Millions are now jobless as a result of the ban and you said that you are fighting insecurity....
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by ProWalker: 10:06am On Feb 02, 2020
Raalsalghul:

What alternatives did they provide?

You just decided to attack the Okada riders and leave out the container/tanker drivers who can constitute same nuisance as well.

Or do you want to tell me we've not had some deaths as a result of reckless truckers, why haven't they placed a ban on them too?

Abeg your own no follow, apart from wharf to liverpool and back, propose how someone would be able to move from warehouse road to GRA without private transport.

You are insane.

If you like, don’t arrange yourself from warehouse road to either Liverpool or central avenue and be waiting for one murderous Chadian and Nigerien with a bike to move.

You will be sacked
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by ProWalker: 10:07am On Feb 02, 2020
ENIGMATIC2023:
Millions are now jobless as a result of the ban and you said that you are fighting insecurity....

Those millions came to lagos solely to become okada riders. Lagos is not under obligation to employ them.

2 Likes

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Tunex252(m): 10:08am On Feb 02, 2020
Wait o, so jumia will now be using car to deliver my items �

Make I go order for Samsung charger make I see the kan car wey Dem go use deliver ham���

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get A Nigerian Police Report? / Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan / Life In The Usa As A Student.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.